main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Defeated Jedi - a vignette (O.C./Post ROTS/'a moment in time')

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obi-Wan_Toddi, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    *The name 'Adalia Durron' used by kind permission.

A Defeated Jedi

The darkness had won.

Its power had overwhelmed him; broken his spirit. He was now engulfed in darkness. It did its best to break his body apart as he hurtled head-first towards the ground. Above, the upper levels of the Senatorial building receded rapidly. His last stand; on Alderaan of all places. The battle had cost him two friends. One of them, his apprentice.

He was Dain Antares, a defeated Jedi.

The ground still seemed so far away as Dain fell, the wind screaming past his ears. Yet his mind did not dwell on his imminent death, but on defeat. How could this have happened? How could he have let this happen? The accountability of it all played on his mind. He thought of his padawan, Jarrik, and his battle against the Dark Jedi. He relaxed his body for a moment. He opened himself, expecting the familiar light to guide him to the others. Jarrik? Jax? He yelled into the void. Nothing.

Jax. It hardly seemed possible. Talented, calmly aggressive, one of the best duellists he'd ever seen. Gone, now was his wisdom; his lesson-worthy tales of battle. The realisation that nobody had survived except for himself, to this point, had started to set in.

Dain could start to make out shapes on the ground now as he continued to fall. The pain from the injury to his side that the Sith had inflicted during the battle seemed to disappear as he contemplated his impact with the ground; quickly deciding which of the two he'd rather be faced with again. His eyes tried to fix on anything that would help break his fall, and while the landscape was green, its meadows told him immediately he wouldn't find help there. All that plant life and not a tree in sight. He now knew this situation was grim. He relaxed once more and felt for light, searching for anything or anyone to guide him to non fatal contact with the ground. He focussed his energy on Adalia Durron, the slain Jedi Master who had reached out to him less than twenty four hours before this moment. He called out, hoping to reach her now; he needed her more than ever.

Using all his knowledge and power, gleaned from years of teachings, he reached out to her. Like the roots of the Wroshyr tree he spread his senses as far and wide as he could to find her, get help; seek salvation. He knew that this could be the last roll of the dice; he had no other options left.

He sensed a flicker. Salvation? Something was there; he focussed his thoughts on a path to that flicker. He saw light. His relief turned to curiosity as he did not sense Adalia, but Kuna! Kuna Lanel, Jedi and friend with whom he had shared many missions and who had contacted him after the Jedi Purge to rendezvous on the safe, yet potentially perilous Tatooine. As he reached to touch the light his body crashed to the ground, immediately forcing all the air out of his body; shattering him.

The darkness returned.

2. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Wow! Talk about 'a moment in time'! I really like the angle you've taken here with the falling Jedi.
    Incredible imagery.

=D=

3. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    First time I've tried something like this. Very unsure [face_worried]. Your comments have helped!

Thanks very much, oqidaun! :)

4. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    Great work Toddi... it was written well. Very sad though. :(

5. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Thanks dashy ;) ... yeah, tis sad. Melancholia seems to be a theme I can relate to well.

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    WOW!! Look at me! A Slain Jedi Master! Who would a thunk it?

Great moment in time, deep thinking and well written. Well done.

7. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    LOL A better tribute I could not have written, A-D! Thankyou for your kind comments!! ;)

8. jabbathenutt

jabbathenutt Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    WOW!!!! Toddi, that is brilliant! what an angle.
    i loved it,
    and i like the way you made reference to my character;)

I LOVE THIS /\

you capture me like........no-one has ever done before!:p

seriously though, a very nice piece. i look forward to reading more from you( mr director;) )

9. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Very moving Toddi! You just want him to find some way to break the fall and survive. Tragic...very sad! You have to wonder what goes through a person's mind as they fall to iminent death. Your character doesn't panic but reaches out to those who matter to him hoping to connect with them before he connects with the ground. Great work!!! :D

10. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Thanks Goddess :D. Your last line is an excellent way to sum it up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.