main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Desperate Hope...AU...Luke/Han/OT Favs...Updated 05/27/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KELIA, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hee! That was rich!!!
    [face_laugh]
    [face_dancing]

Luke knows just what to say to get Han to agree.

[face_mischief]

2. The-Solo-Smirk

The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2008
    Oh, I'm late with my reply...

I just *loved* the image of Han "stomping around, barking out orders", although he has no authority whatsoever...but this is why we love him, right? [face_peace]

I'm so happy to find the "Better her than me. - She is rich!" scene in here! It's one of my favourites of "A New Hope"...(I'm a cynical bastard, too...) :D
    Luke would have found another way to convince Han, I am sure, but the money aspect always works best with "mercenary Han"!

Great update...Will post sooner next time.

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Ponytricks: A plan??? LOL! Han wants a FOOLPROOF plan?

Well, he is a bit of an optimist :p

dancing_star: Luke's concern about Leia is so in character, and I love the way he was still able to persuade Han to rescue the Princess.

Right now, the way to Han?s heart is pretty obvious. That may change though?[face_whistling] [face_whistling]

Sara_Kenobi: I don't blame Han for not really trusting Luke

Me either. Luke still has a lot to learn. Fortunately, he is a quick learner.

Ocelotl_Nesto: Hmmm... Three shadowy figures eh... Ben, Yoda and

There?s only one shadow figure who?s presence will be made known very soon?

GeneralKenobi7: I'm curious what Ben and Yoda will do. Help try to destroy the Death Star, stow away on the Falcon

A interesting choice to say the least. Rest assured, they will do what is best for everyone.

Jade_eyes: Luke knows just what to say to get Han to agree.

Hehehehe. Fortunately!

The-Solo-Smirk: Luke would have found another way to convince Han, I am sure, but the money aspect always works best with "mercenary Han"!

Glad you enjoyed the update.

And Luke figured out the way to Han?s heart pretty quickly. At least, the way to his heart right now. That?s likely to change soon.

4. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Chapter 4

Darth Vader sat in his pitch black meditation pod, the palms of his gloveless hands facing upwards as they rested on his knees. He inhaled deeply as he reached deeper into the darkside of the Force, desperately seeking the source of the sudden and strong disturbance he?d felt that morning.

His annoyance grew as minutes passed by and the Force remained silent. He knew the disturbance had something to do with the traps recently set for the Rebel Alliance but that was all that had been revealed and it infuriated him. He had meticulously gone over every detail for both the Death Star and Endor operations and knew there was no way the Rebels could be prepared for what awaited them and yet?something was amiss.

He frowned as he felt a strong urging to go to Endor. His place was on the Death Star, guiding the imperial forces to annihilate the enemy, not on some isolated forest moon waiting around for whatever pathetic rescue attempt would be made. He had no doubt the Alliance would send their best and most experienced fighters to the Death Star and loosing all of them at once would deliver the crushing blow he had been waiting all these years to send. He had to be there and yet he clearly felt the Force leading him to Endor.

But why?

His hands clenched into fists as rage washed over him, filling his entire body. Whether it made sense or not, he knew better than to go against the will of the Force. He would travel to Endor immediately where he would allow his fury to build as he prepared his revenge.

Someone was going to pay dearly for him missing the Death Star attack. The corners of his mouth twitched slightly as he slipped his charred hands into his gloves. He almost pitied the unfortunate group the Rebels would send.

Almost.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

?Getting to Endor isn?t the problem,? Han Solo began, leaning back in his chair after studying the readout on the Falcon?s central computer. ?The planetoid is made up entirely of a forest and with all the different sentient species there, we?ll have no problem passing ourselves off as scientists wanting to document them. The problem,? he paused, looking up to meet Luke?s gaze, ?will be locating the Princess and getting past the battalion guarding her.?

Luke nodded. ?Especially since they will be expecting us,? he added in a somber tone. He bit his lower lip as he pondered the situation. ?Maybe we could say there is a species of particular interest by the bunker,? he began in a hopeful tone. ?And then overpower the guards.?

?The three of us?? Han asked incredulously. ?I?m flattered you think that much of Chewie and me, kid, but we?re not that good?.or stupid.?

?You don?t have to be,? Luke eagerly replied. ?I can use the Force to help us.?

Han and Chewbacca exchanged dubious glances.

?I can!? Luke insisted. ?There?s a Jedi mind trick I can use to convince the guards to let us walk right by them or go off somewhere. I saw Ben do it on Tatooine.?

Han snorted. ?And he taught you??

?Well,? Luke?s cheeks flushed a bright red. ?I?I could? probably ask?,?

?We don?t have time for that,? Han dismissed with a wave of his hand. ?We need to act now -,?

?What good will acting now do if you rush off and get yourselves killed??

Luke whirled around to find Ben standing directly behind him, hands folded across his chest. ?Ben, what are you doing here??

?Trying to keep you from becoming the Empire?s next prisoner.?

?But I thought you were going to help Yoda and the Rebels -,?

?I am,? Ben interrupted, ?but my destiny lies along another path than Master Yoda?s.?

?What does that mean?? Luke frowned, worry creeping into his voice.

?It means, Yoda will plan the attack on the Death Star while I go with you and Captain Solo to Endor.?

?That?s just great,? Han exhaled. ?A crazy old wizard is just what we need.?

?Ben is a great man,? Luke countered, his voice rising.

?I am neither great nor crazy,? Ben replied dryly. ?But I am your only hope for rescuing the Princess and g

5. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007

?I am neither great nor crazy,? Ben replied dryly. ?But I am your only hope for rescuing the Princess and getting off Endor.?

?Modest, aren?t you?? Han mumbled.

?Honest, actually,? Ben said, holding up his hands to ward off a reply.

[face_laugh] Loved all this! :p
    Really wonderful update!! :cool: I can't wait to see what happens next!! [face_dancing] [:D]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    That was fantastic. :p =D= I love Han's reaction to their plans. I can't wait to see if they encounter Vader on Endor too.

7. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    ?And clearance to leave -,?

?Done.?

?How did I know he was going to say that?? Han mused.

[face_laugh] Poor Han!

I love the way you use quotes from the movie just a bit altered so that it fits in your story (Ben's commment about Master Yoda's and his path for one - he doesn't plan on getting himself killed here, too, isn't he??[face_worried])

8. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    this story is really good and I LOVE the plot concept. I hope you update again before May 9th.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful update. Han is marvelously in character. Can't wait for the plan to unfold. Vader is terrific in this also. :D And Luke is -- perfect. :D :D

10. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    More fireworks over Endor. :D - Will Han soon meet up with a certain sassy soulmate? [face_praying]

And will there be ... Ewoks involved with this rescue? *shudders*

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ?It means, Yoda will plan the attack on the Death Star while I go with you and Captain Solo to Endor.?

?I am neither great nor crazy,? Ben replied dryly. ?But I am your only hope for rescuing the Princess and getting off Endor.?

?Modest, aren?t you?? Han mumbled.

You captured all of their voices perfectly here! [face_love]

Loved the update. =D=

12. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Man... another cliffie

13. The-Solo-Smirk

Jun 27, 2008
    Someone was going to pay dearly for him missing the Death Star attack. The corners of his mouth twitched slightly as he slipped his charred hands into his gloves. He almost pitied the unfortunate group the Rebels would send.

Almost.

[face_laugh]*evil cackle*

IV and VI thrown together - oh, where is this gonna lead us??? =D=

I'm glad that Yoda and Ben are still alive and joining in the action - COOL!

14. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    Darth's going to ride a speeder bike [face_laugh]
    I wonder what Han would think of that
    Update soon and PM me.

15. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    dancing_star: Really wonderful update!! I can't wait to see what happens next!!

Thank you! I?m glad you enjoyed the update. :)

Sara_Kenobi: I love Han's reaction to their plans. I can't wait to see if they encounter Vader on Endor too.

I?m glad you like the way I am portraying Han. I?m trying my best to keep him in character.

As to whether or not they will encounter Vader?.[face_whistling] [face_whistling]

GeneralKenobi7: I love the way you use quotes from the movie just a bit altered so that it fits in your story]

Thank you ? that is one thing I enjoy the most about writing SW fan fic.

he doesn't plan on getting himself killed here, too, isn't he??

[face_whistling] [face_whistling] [face_devil]

Jedi_Liz: this story is really good and I LOVE the plot concept.

Thank you! [:D]

Sorry I didn?t meet the 05/09 date you wanted but I hope you enjoy the rest of the story.

Jade_eyes: Wonderful update. Han is marvelously in character. Can't wait for the plan to unfold.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the story thus far. More of the plan is unfolding below?

PonyTricks: More fireworks over Endor. - Will Han soon meet up with a certain sassy soulmate?

And will there be ... Ewoks involved with this rescue? *shudders*

Han will most definitely be meeting up with his sassy soulmate?eventually :D

And I?m happy to say, there will be no Ewoks in this story. They?re cute and all but I just can?t write them.

VaderLVR64: You captured all of their voices perfectly here!

Thank you! [:D]

Ocelotl_Nesto: Man... another cliffie

Yep ? that?s my speciality [face_devil] [face_devil]

The-Solo-Smirk: IV and VI thrown together - oh, where is this gonna lead us???

I'm glad that Yoda and Ben are still alive and joining in the action - COOL!

Hopefully it will lead us on a thrilling, exciting ride :D

And I?m enjoying having Yoda and Ben play bigger roles in the story.

LittleMissLightsaber: Darth's going to ride a speeder bike. I wonder what Han would think of that

I?m sure he?d have an interesting opinion :p

I?ll be happy to add you to the PM list.

16. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Chapter 5

Princess Leia Organa sat cross-legged with her hands folded neatly in her lap on the cool floor of small room she had been thrust into three days before. She had spent those days in a half meditative state, using every skill she had to remain calm and stay focused.

She had been surprised and a bitterly disappointed at her capture, never having failed the Rebels before but the Alliance had prepared her well to resist the interrogation techniques the Empire was known to use. She?d always had a knack for ignoring and overcoming physical pain and she excelled at blocking any mental probes.

She thought she could handle anything and fully expected to be executed for her resistance. Instead, she was forced to witness the destruction of beloved Alderaan and all it?s inhabitants including her family and closest friends. How she wished it had been her instead! Her father had taught her to be strong and bear her pain with dignity but the agony she had experienced since that awful moment was almost unbearable and she found herself wishing the Empire would just kill her and get it over with. Death would be preferable to just sitting around doing nothing.

As if on cue, the door to her room abruptly slid open.

Leia didn?t move as Darth Vader entered, towering over her.

?This is it,? she thought, lifting her chin defiantly.

?Princess Leia,? he began in a menacing tone. ?Your stay of execution has been lifted and I have been granted the honor of personally ending your miserable life.?

Leia didn?t respond.

?But before I do, you will be my special guest at the welcoming party I am planning for your Rebel friends.?

?What?? The word escaped from Leia?s mouth before she could stop it.

Vader bit back a laugh. ?Don?t act so surprised, your highness, you had to know the Alliance would attempt a rescue and in doing so, they have fallen right into my trap.?

Leia fought to retain her composure. She knew without a doubt Vader was telling the truth but she couldn?t figure out why the rebels would take such a risk.

?So you don?t think yourself worthy,? Vader taunted. ?I agree. Fortunately for the Empire, your friends do not.? Reaching down, he grabbed her arm and roughly pulled her to her feet.

Leia was silent as Vader pushed her ahead of him into the bustling communication room. ?Captainl Piett,? he breathed, shoving Leia into a chair. ?Make sure the Princess has an unobstructed view of the upcoming destruction, and,? he paused, ?that she watches every minute of it.?

?Yes, my Lord.? Piett waved two fellow officers over. ?Shall I restrain her??

Vader turned to face him. ?Why?? he asked, his voice laced with contempt. ?Are you expecting her to overthrow your entire guard??

?N?nn?no, my Lord,? Piett nervously gulped.

Vader waved his gloved hand in front of the monitor facing Leia. It sprang to life, showing the outside of the bunker where a squad of stormtroopers waited. Without a word, he turned on his heel and strode from the building.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

?I can?t believe I agreed to this,? Han groaned, hooking one finger under the too tight collar of his jacket, attempting to stretch it.

?It?s a better idea than passing ourselves off as scientists,? Luke argued. ?We?re lucky the Rebellion had these uniforms.?

?At least pretending to be a scientist isn?t punishable by death,? Han retorted. ?Impersonating an Imperial is.?

?So is rescuing a prisoner of the Empire,? Ben interjected dryly. ?And you readily agreed to that.?

?Yeah well, I?m going to be well paid for that.?

?What good is it going to do you if you?re dead??

?Who said I?m going to be stupid enough to go get myself killed?? Han retorted. ?I happen to -,? he froze as Ben abruptly stopped, raising one hand in warning.

?What is it?? Luke whispered, his eyes darting across the dense forest.

?I?m afraid it?s time to part ways,? Ben replied cryptically.

?What? Ben, I want to stay with you.?

Ben turned to face Luke, his face creased wit

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Uh oh. [face_worried] Now I'm worried. BTW, great characterization here. As always! =D=

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super update. =D= A great blend there of ANH and ROTJ LOL Concluded?! Already? o_O Hopes for a sequel [face_batting]

:D

19. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Oh, Vader is on their trail. I hope that Obi-Wan can make it back in time. Great update! =D=

20. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    ?I can?t believe I agreed to this,? Han groaned, hooking one finger under the too tight collar of his jacket, attempting to stretch it.
    That's what he thinks every time, isn't it?:p
    Another great chapter (though you make me more worried every chapter[face_frustrated] evil author;) ).

21. The-Solo-Smirk

Jun 27, 2008
    She?d always had a knack for ignoring and overcoming physical pain and she excelled at blocking any mental probes.

Well...Leia has "a knack" for a lot of things! "Wonderful girl!" (-> now it's Han's turn to complete the quote...) Hehe.

?Princess Leia,? he began in a menacing tone. ?Your stay of execution has been lifted and I have been granted the honor of personally ending your miserable life.?

:confused:I guess this isn't supposed to be a funny scene but I had to *smirk* a bit...I'm evil, I know...and your Vader is funny, sort of!

?Forget the old man, let?s hope we make it back to the Falcon,? Han added in a somber tone.

[face_laugh]I *loves* my favourite scoundrel!

These cliffhangers...ts ts ts...[face_shame_on_you]

22. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    [face_worried] - I sure hope Ben knows what he's doing.

23. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Cliffies are your speciality... written in a Coruscant accent

24. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Wonderful update!! :) :D
    I loved the twist on the scene with Ben preparing to leave (perhaps for good). Very nicely done!! Looking forward to more!! [:D]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=
    P.S. I'm hoping for a sequel too! ;)

25. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    To be concluded? NOOOOOOOOOO! But we've only begun! :eek:
    Update soon=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.