main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Desperate Hope...AU...Luke/Han/OT Favs...Updated 05/27/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KELIA, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    unless Kelia pulls off a "Disney type" ending.......I have a feeling Ben may sacrifice himself yet again.....

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    VaderLVR64: Uh oh. [face_worried] Now I'm worried.

Interesting how things really pick up towards the end, huh? :p
    Glad you are enjoying.

Jade_eyes: A great blend there of ANH and ROTJ LOL Concluded?! Already?

Thank you ? and yes, this story is coming to an end. As for a sequel?.[face_whistling] [face_whistling]

Sara_Kenobi: Oh, Vader is on their trail. I hope that Obi-Wan can make it back in time.

You shall see?.

GeneralKenobi7: That's what he thinks every time, isn't it? :p

Just about :D

Another great chapter (though you make me more worried every chapter [face_frustrated] evil author

That is my specialty :p

The-Solo-Smirk: ?Forget the old man, let?s hope we make it back to the Falcon,? Han added in a somber tone.

[face_laugh] I *loves* my favourite scoundrel!

Han does have a way with people, doesn?t he? :p

I sure hope Ben knows what he's doing.

He does?.at least he thinks he does.

Ocelotl_Nesto: Cliffies are your speciality... written in a Coruscant accent

You noticed! :eek:

:p

dancing_star: I loved the twist on the scene with Ben preparing to leave (perhaps for good). Very nicely done!! Looking forward to more!!

Thank you so much! [:D] [:D]

I?m so glad you are enjoying.

LittleMissNightsaber: To be concluded? NOOOOOOOOOO! But we've only begun!

Hehehe perhaps there will be more?.[face_whistling]

Jedi_Liz: unless Kelia pulls off a "Disney type" ending.......I have a feeling Ben may sacrifice himself yet again.....

Well, you never know?.I do like my Disney style endings [face_batting]

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Chapter 6

Luke crouched down next to Han and peered through the branches at the bunker.

?Looks like Ben was right,? he whispered softly. ?They are expecting us.?

?Was there ever any doubt?? Han quipped, his brows furrowing together. ?Now, I just have to figure out where the landing platform is located. Once we blow that -,?

?What are they doing?? Luke placed one hand on Han?s shoulder and pointed to the group of stormtroopers with the other.

?Looks like they?re leaving,? Han answered.

?Yeah, but why??

?Who cares?? Han quietly rose to his feet. ?As long as they?re distracted long enough for us to rescue your princess and get out of here, that?s all that really matters.?

They watched in silence as an Imperial officer appeared at the door to the bunker, shaking his head in disgust.

?TK-421, why aren?t you or your squadron at their posts?? he shouted, stomping over to the nearest trooper. ?You were given direct -,? he stopped suddenly, his eyes fixed straight ahead.

?Something must be going on nearby,? Han murmured.

?Ben must have found a way to distract them,? Luke boasted.

?Well whatever he?s doing, it better hold their attention or this is going to be the shortest rescue attempt in history,? Han breathed as more Imperials left the bunker. Turning to Luke, he added, ?I don?t suppose you can tell me if there is anyone remaining inside??

Luke closed his eyes, reaching out to the Force as Ben and Yoda had taught him. ?One person,? he answered in a muffled tone. ?But I can?t tell if it?s the Princess or not.?

?Then we?ll have to prepare for both,? Han grunted, pulling out his blaster. ?All right, I?ll lead, Chewie, you bring up the rear and kid,? he turned to face Luke. ?Try not to get in the way.?

?Maybe you?d prefer it if I just waited here,? Luke grumbled.

?I?d prefer things to go as planned,? Han corrected icily.

?So would I!?

Han held one finger to his lips before turning and heading towards the bunker, gesturing for Luke and Chewbacca to follow.

Luke followed silently, his hand lingering on the weapon clipped to his belt. He was halfway to the building when he turned to look at what had captured the Imperials attention so completely.

He froze at the sight of Ben dueling with Vader on the Imperial landing deck.
    ?Ben?? he breathed, not noticing as Chewbacca brushed past him and Han charged through the doorway, blaster drawn.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Leia watched in stunned bewilderment as the men assigned to guard her left the room and didn?t return. Glancing at the monitor, she noted the stormtroopers were no longer in view.

She quietly rose to her feet, her ears straining to hear the slightest sound and began making her way to the doorway. She hadn?t gone more than a few feet when a strange man barreled into the room.

Leia didn?t hesitate, bending over, she charged full-speed ahead, hitting the stranger squarely in the stomach.

?Oomph!? Han dropped to the floor, clutching his midsection.

Leia quickly grabbed his blaster and began to run towards the door, pushing an unsuspecting Chewbacca out of her way.

Luke was still gapping at the lightsaber battle when he was abruptly knocked to the ground. ?What the -,? he glanced up in time to see Leia dash through the trees and into the forest. ?Leia, wait!? he called out, jumping to his feet and heading after her.

?Leia!?

Luke ducked just in time to avoid a blaster bolt. ?Will you hold up a minute?? he shouted. Another bolt narrowly missed his chest. ?I?m here to rescue you!?

?You?re what?? Leia peeked out from behind a massive tree, her weapon fixed squarely on Luke?s chest.

?Here to rescue you,? Luke repeated, coming to a stop a few feet away, his hands up. ?I?ve got your droids.?

Leia looked unimpressed.

?I?m here with Ben Kenobi.?

Leia?s brows narrowed. ?Who??

?Ben?,? Luke paused, remembering how Leia had addressed the former Jedi in her message. ?Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan Kenobi,? he corrected.

?Obi-Wan!? Leia imme

4. The-Solo-Smirk

The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2008
    KELIA! Are you serious! It ends here???

*blinks in confusion*

I loved the update...the H/L banter was perfect: "Where would you like it?" [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

When exactly can we expect a sequel?!?! Please say/write SOON!

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    yay Ben's still alive!!! [face_dancing] Your H&L is classic! Perfect!! =D= =D= [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Yes, please do let me know by PM when the sequel's up.

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004

?General Kenobi.? Leia bowed her head in respect.

?Princess Leia.? Tears filled Ben?s eyes. ?You look more like your mother every day.?

Shock washed over her face.

?I?ll explain everything on board,? Ben hastily continued. ?The Empire is aware of Leia?s escape and we have very little time to leave.?

?I?m just glad you?re alive!? Luke exclaimed, giving him a hug.

?As am I,? Ben mused.

Awesome!!! =D=

7. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    THE ??? END ????

:eek: :eek: :eek:

But,,, but,,,, it's just beginning! [face_praying]

8. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    You can definitely PM me when you post the next story, cause I want to see what happens in the next one. Good Ending. Happy is always good.

9. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    "where do you want it?"-- great line.

Please PM the sequel

10. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Han and Leia were perfect!
    And Obi-Wan lives! Yay![face_dancing]

Will you please PM me when you start the sequel?[face_praying]

11. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    [face_laugh] I love this twist on the rescue. Just awesome! =D=[face_laugh]
    ?I?m just glad you?re alive!? Luke exclaimed, giving him a hug.
    Aww, Luke's such a sweetie. [face_love]
    I'm sorry to see this story end, but glad there will be a sequel. [face_dancing] Please keep me on the pm list for that! Marvelous job!! [:D]@};-
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

12. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Oh, yay, Ben made it! [face_dancing] I was worried there for a minute. :p Please PM me when you post the sequel, Kelia. =D=

13. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    What an amazing story! I just love how you fabulously used the lines form the OT in this new context and how you managed to mix the freshness and go from ANH with all the knowhow from the PT. My personal favourite I think was the repeated assurance of Han's 'extra' that came in most hilarious situations. :p
    Great to see Ben survive in this. I'll hurry off to the sequel and will respond shortly!

[:D] =D= =D= @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.