main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Destiny Changed...WARNING Strong Content...HELP NEEDED!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Zane-Marit, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Great work! I really like the attention to detail on the alien phsyiology and the detective work going on behind the scenes. It's just enough that it isn't slowing the pacing, but keeping it interesting. I don't usually read this kind of fic, but you've got me hooked.
    Looking forward to the next post!

2. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    Boy, did I enjoy reading this!

The suspense is terrific..

This is the best update yet! :D

So now Altis has it figured out, oh crap.. [face_worried]

I found it really bitterly sad that the medic droid couldn't make sense of the word 'lighsaber'
    The poor Jedi Order. :(

anyway, can't wait for the next post! :D

3. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    **gnaws nails**
    Wow! egads! I love the autospy scene!! Brilliant details!
    CSI: Nar Shaddaa

Then again I love morgues, but that surprises no one...

4. Zane-Marit

Zane-Marit Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Jenn...Glad that you took a chance. It's good to expand your horizons. ;)

Join...I put that in about the lightsaber so that it would show how the Empire had done all it could to remove anything involving the Jedi. To erase them from history, so to speak.

Oqidaun...You love morgues?!? Never would have guessed. I wrote that part out shortly after watching a CSI episode...how funny.

Anyways...here is the next part.

Iant stood before his open wardrobe closet. He selected his heavy black jacket made of black dyed Krayt dragon leather. He remembered the ridiculous amount he paid for it. The memory brought a small brief smile to his lips. He clipped his lightsaber to a small inside hook. He finished strapping his hip sided holster along his thigh and slid his antiquated DL-40 into the holster. He slid a small vibro blade into a hidden pouch on his utility belt and tucked a discreet hold out blaster into the inside of his heavy boots.

His time here was running short and he knew it. He needed to find the main distributor on this planet-moon. He was close. He gathered information as he eliminated the dealers that led him to the hangar, but so far all he had come across were minions, low level dealers, and pimps. He knew that whoever pulled the strings of this organization had their hands in a vast number of other illegal activities. Iant also knew that as a single being, he didn?t have the firepower to take down an entire syndicate. At moments like that he thought of the rebel alliance and smiled.

The exploits of the small band of rebels had spread like wildfire on every planet, even to the outer rim. The story of how a small group of snub fighters challenged the odds of a direct assault on the battle station simply known as the Death Star, and won. If a small group of pilots could face those odds and triumph, then he could too. Perhaps when this personal mission of his was over he could offer his services to this rebel alliance.

Iant pushed those thoughts from his mind. Now was not the time for this. He had to focus and concentrate on the moment at hand. He checked himself once more, making sure that his weapons and backups were in place before leaving his ship, the Revaar, and making his way towards the E district.

Altis completed his tour of the other crime scenes and looked at the holo map that floated on his desk. He marked the attacks on the map with a button and they appeared in yellow on the display. He commanded the map to rotate in various degrees as he searched for a pattern. He found none. He replayed all the evidence and information slowly through his mind. The only common factors in each attack had been the victims occupation, the time of day the attacks occurred, and that they all seemed to happen just near the E district.

Altis thought for a moment. These attacks had only started a few standard days ago. The wounds made these attacks unique. Perhaps this was somebody that was on the move. On instinct Altis punched up his HoloNet feed. The floating map winked out of existence as a new floating menu took its place. He keyed in certain search parameters wanting to keep his search to the outer rim territories. Altis? knee bounced with nervous energy as he impatiently waited for the results.

The holo image flashed as details scrolled across his interface. Reports dated three standard weeks old out of Tatooine appeared and Altis? eyes grew wider as he read. Another report out of Ryloth dated two standard weeks popped up. Altis scribbled notes into his datapad. Once done his hands once again flew across his keypad as he began cross checking docking bay records of the ports at Tatooine, Ryloth, and Nar Shaddaa. After a long few moments a name floated in the air?Revaar.

Altis moved with an energy he hadn?t felt in years as he grabbed a few items and made his way to the hangar bays. Once again Altis had his man?

5. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Altis noted the droids attitude. ?Great, all the surliness of a real flesh and blood doctor?? he thought.

[face_laugh]

Definitely things are starting to click for our Altis. He is getting closer and closer. A part of me wonders if Iant wants to be found. But I also know he feels like he is on a higher mission right now.

Great job =D=

6. Jennifer_Lyn

Jun 8, 2005
    Oh no! He knows, he knows!
    I can't help the cliche:
    I've got a bad feeling about this!

7. Zane-Marit

Jul 11, 2003
    LOL....Now that made my day...

8. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    You've got a great story going here. Keep it up.

9. oqidaun

Jul 20, 2005
    great little snippet!

10. Zane-Marit

Jul 11, 2003
    Thanks for reading...I really appreciate it. And now the conclusion of the story.

?I will NOT ask again!? yelled Iant.

His firm grip was around the throat of the Bith barkeep, dangling him inches off the ground and so close to his face that the barkeeps shallow breaths and fear cloaked Iant in a hot cloud. Iant knew he would soon have his information. Another link in the long chain of spice trafficking would crumble and he?d be on to the next. The Bith fought equally for air and to speak, to end his nightmare. He muttered a name, Ghuura Tet, then collapsed under the pressure of having signed his own death warrant. Iant tossed the alien across the storeroom of the cantina, its body landing on two other slumped beings in a corner.

Iant passed by the bar on his way out, stopping to hoist a clear bottle of Corellian brandy. He held it to the small amount of light left in the room as he swirled it in its crystal cradle. Craving gnawed at the back of his mind. He flipped the crysta glass stopper with one smooth motion and brought the fiery liquid under his nose. He breathed in the aroma deeply and his mouth watered, his thirst begging to be quenched. His hand trembled slightly as the scent of alcohol and intoxicants seeped into the very core of his being.

Iant tapped into the Force and found a reserve of strength. The trembling subsided, his thirst did not exist. He threw the bottle into the two way surveillance mirror that stood behind the bar shattering all glass in the area. He glanced menacingly once more before leaving the cantina.

Iant learned a simple rule when it came to tracking his quarry, follow the credits. Whoever had the most was the one that always pulled the strings. Shadowing the Chadra fan courier had led him to that cantina, in turn leading him to this Ghuura Tet. Hopefully this would be the clue that would help him choke the supply chain on Nar Shaddaa, even if it was only temporary.

Iant sensed a presence waiting for him in his hangar bay. Not one to take chances, he pulled his blaster as he entered. He was surprised to see a man almost twice his age standing in front of his vessel as if without a care in the galaxy.

Cautiously Iant approached the stranger.

?What do you want old man?? Iant asked, keeping his blaster trained on him.
    ?No respect for your elders. ?Altis laughed. ?Are you the captain of this ship??
    ?Who wants to know??
    ?Officially or unofficially??
    ?Just get to the point.? Iant roared, his patience wearing thin.

?Calm down. I?m an investigator for the local defense force. I?d like to ask you a few questions.?
    ?I don?t know anything.?
    ?Come now? Altis soothed. ?You don?t even know what I?m going to ask you about?or do you? Let?s end this charade, you know about the recent rash of untimely deaths of some of our fine citizens. You know about them and I can prove it.?
    ?Fine citizens?!?? Iant stammered.

Altis motioned for the young man to calm.

?Your ship it seems has miraculously been in two other sectors where citizens died in very similar circumstances. It seems where ever the Revaar goes, death seems to follow.?

?Those ?fine? citizens pushed Ryll, glitterstim, spice of all sorts to anyone with the credits, even innocent children. I will do everything in my power to bring the spice trade to a stop!?

?So that justifies murder. You are the courts, justice for the victims??

Altis shook his head sadly.

?That will do old timer.? Boomed a fresh voice. ?We knew you?d track him down you old vorksnr you.?

Altis recognized the junior NSDF officer immediately but his arrival surprised him, and Iant.

?You will be rewarded handsomely for this Altis. You?ve saved our employer a great headache. As for you? he jabbed a blaster in Iants direction. ?you?ll pay for your crimes soon enough.

Six more security officers trained their weapons on Iant.

?I?m not finished with this witness.? Altis spoke up. ?There are many questions I have.?
    ?Don?t worry about that, we are sure that you have the right man.?
    ?All the same, I will

11. Jennifer_Lyn

Jun 8, 2005
    AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!
    Oh, that rocked!
    I was totally not expecting that! You got me, and that doesn't happen often!
    Wonderful fic! I'm so glad I took a chance and even more happy that you kept with it!

Top man! Top man!

12. JOINME

Jul 25, 2005
    :eek: I didn't expect that either! Fantabulous twist Zane-Marit! That rocked!

:_| It was so sweet to see another Jedi, and the way Iant bowed... *sniff*

:) Yay! Altis and Iant! He finally found another Jedi!

[face_dancing] What a great way to end! Thanks so much for sharing this great fic!

And... I hope there will be some sort of a sequel. :D

If you ever do a sequel, please PM me and let me know!! :D [:D]

13. Zane-Marit

Jul 11, 2003
    I am so pleased that you enjoyed this. At first I thought having Altis as a Jedi was a little hokey, but I liked it better than what I was originally going to have in store for the two of them.

Thank you so much for reading.

14. oqidaun

Jul 20, 2005
    A red gas discharge flared out of the side port as the bolt fired. A blue blade appeared at almost the exact same instant, deflecting the bolt harmlessly up and away. A slight flick of the wrist and the blade cleanly separated the officers arm just below the elbow. Altis looked along the blade, down the hilt?to his own hands holding the lightsaber.

I had to read it twice for it to sink in.
    What an awesome twist.

Great story. =D=

15. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    That gave me the chills...that Altis was a Jedi once too and he took pity on Iant. I think this is going to be a wonderful change for both of them and the galaxy as a whole.

Wonderful job with this story Zane =D=

16. Zane-Marit

Jul 11, 2003
    Thanks again for reading...I am thinking of continuing this story, a few ideas have popped in my head.

Let me know if you think its a good idea...

17. JediMindTrick000

JediMindTrick000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2004
    Ah, finally got it done! Zane, you did a fantastic job with this one! I am thoroughly impressed. I will say that if you do decide to continue this storyline, I will definitely keep on reading as long as you keep writing. Very well done, my friend. The Force is strong in this one...

18. JOINME

Jul 25, 2005
    I would love a sequel Zane! :D [face_dancing]

19. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    wow great post cool twist with having atlis be a Jedi too that was awesome! keep up the good work!

20. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Keep going Zane! :)

21. Zane-Marit

Jul 11, 2003
    Ok...I really want to do a sequel. I love writing Iant and I think there is a lot more of him to flesh out Plus he seems to have developed a following.

I need help with plot bunnies and story ideas. I have a few but the more I think them through I really don't like them. So what I need from you guys and gals is just a few general thoughts on where the story should go next, how you think Altis and Iants relationship goes, should other characters come into play (OC or Canon?!?) things like that.

I will say this though, I have always wanted to write a character that was like a Forrest Gump of sorts for the GFFA, only not so dim.

I will go over your thoughts and go from there. Hopefully I can have something out within a week or two.

22. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    That was terrific, with a great twist ending! I almost thought he had somehow swiped Iant's lightsaber.

23. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    I'll think on it and get back to you

24. oqidaun

Jul 20, 2005
    Sorry it took me a day to respond--I fell behind on reading my PMs.
    Ideas for a sequel: Have Iant and Atlis pose as bounty hunters (which would get them caught up in the events of ESB) and put them on the trail of one of the big Hutt crime lords (Jabba?). :D

This turned out to be such a cool story, I'm anxious to see what you'll do with the sequel.

25. Zane-Marit

Jul 11, 2003
    Thanks to all of you that gave me ideas. I really appreciate it. I think I have the story mapped out the way I want and will have a very talented writer assisting me. Hopefully we will have something posted within the next week.

Thanks again for reading and helping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.