A Destiny Delayed- AU JA- Thanks, shanobi! *COMPLETED1/08/04*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by astroanna, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astroanna Jedi Master

star 4
    obi-ew- No worries, hun! :) So glad you enjoyed!

Shaindl- What dog house!? *sigh* So glad you enjoyed, and I promise to post ASAP!

D-L- Why, thanks! :)

RRFD- [face_blush] Thanks so much for the vote of confidence, it makes my day! :D

Well, I'll try to get a new post up soon, all, and thanks again for all the encouragement!

:)
  2. astroanna Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi!

Just upping this to let you guys know I'll be posting again soon...

Later, all!

3. astroanna Jedi Master

star 4
    OK, all, here's the next post...

Hope you like!

SECRET MISSION

Obi-Wan, using a transport borrowed from Bre?linn?s organization, made his way to the opulent estate as swiftly as he could. Even so, he felt he could not reach his master and Qui-Gon quickly enough. With every passing moment he could feel the mounting tension and pain through his bond with his master, tight though her mental shields were. Despite all his efforts he could not suppress his mounting panic.

Even more disturbing to the young Jedi, however, was the uncontrollable rage he felt building within himself, a rage he had never before experienced. Of course he had been angry before then, but it was nothing like the white-hot fury that thrummed through him as he landed. Besides that he had always had his master with him to help him deal with his anger, to guide him and tell him everything was going to be all right. He had never appreciated until that very moment how much his master?s unconditional support had meant to him, how much he needed it. There was a very old saying that he had heard many times before and now, for the first time he truly understood it?s meaning; you don?t know what you have until it?s gone.

Obi-Wan lowered the ramp of his small transport and jumped down before it had even lowered completely. His mind was spinning with confusion and frightening images of what may have happened to his master. Once again the rage he had been working so hard to suppress flared and suddenly, unbidden, an image of Xanatos formed in Obi-Wan?s mind. For a fleeting moment he felt some dark power pull at the edges of his mind as his rage continued to build.

Shaking his head to clear it and taking a deep breath, Obi-Wan tried to steady himself.

//She?ll be all right//, he told himself as he extended his senses to take in his surroundings.

//She has to be.//

Yet as he moved, slowly and cautiously, toward the impressive manor he became filled with doubts.

Pushing them all to the back of his mind, the young Jedi kept himself moving, making a wide circle around the estate and keeping himself hidden; both from visible sight and through the Force. Before long he had found a heating duct that was just large enough for him to squeeze into. Silently grateful that he had left his billowing robe in his ship, he climbed into the cramped opening.

Silently Obi-Wan kept moving, all his senses so attuned that the whisper of the air moving around him was noticeably audible.

Using his master?s Force signature as a guide, which had become as familiar to him as breathing, he squeezed his way towards the small cell he knew both his master and Qui-Gon were in. Looking down through the vent?s grate into the dim room he had to keep from letting out an audible gasp.

Though he knew that his master and Qui-Gon could not have been held captive for very long they were both pale, their faces drawn and wan and though he could not see any visible injuries he could feel their pain and weakness through the Force.

Taking a few moments to gather his composure Obi-Wan removed the grate beside him noiselessly. If, however, Obi-Wan believed his arrival had gone wholly unnoticed, he was mistaken.

Although fatigued, Luminara was still a Jedi Master; more than that she was Obi-Wan?s master. As such she could not claim complete surprise when her young apprentice gracefully descended from the vent above them to stand in the center of the cell she and Qui-Gon shared.

Qui-Gon, on the other hand, had to muster every ounce of self discipline he had to keep from shouting in surprise. Luminara?s eyes closed and she shook her head resignedly.

?Padawan, what are you doing here?? she whispered.

Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow as he knelt beside his master.

?I could ask you the same question, Master," Obi-Wan replied.

The next few minutes were spent in silence as, more swiftly and adeptly than either Master would have anticipated, the young Jedi unlocked first his master?s, then Qui-Gon?s restra
  4. shanobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Been a bad lurker lately astroanna, which I apologize for :)

Wonderful post, I love how Obi made it undetected - - or did he? Is Xanatos lurking somewhere waiting for them all?? And just what will he think when he lays eyes on Obi again?

Can't wait to find out! The relationship you portray between Obi-Wan and Luminar is touching as always. Keep up the good work.

--Shan
  5. PaddyJuan Force Ghost

star 4
  6. Sheila Force Ghost

star 4
    Great post astroanna. I loved Obi-Wan's skill in getting to the masters and retrieving the weapons. I wonder if he truly was undetected or if Xanatos has a trap set for them.
  7. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    My guess is that Xan is waiting and watching! :mad: :D I wouldn't run very fast! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us next! :)
  8. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    loved that they were able to tease him through all that- but I still think it was too easy. you must have something up your sleeve
  9. Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Master

star 4
    Even as his Master, Luminara was surprised at how well Obi-Wan handled himself. I liked that, along with the entire rescue. But I don't think that they'll get out as easily. Nice job, and well worth the wait.

--later--
  10. Shaindl Force Ghost

star 4
    I think Xan and a whole platoon of guards are going to be waiting for them. That was far too easy. Great post, Astro!

Shaindl
  11. astroanna Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry I don't have the time for more in-depth replies but Shan, PaddyJuan, Sheila, obi-ew, PK, D-L, and Shaindl, thanks so much for all the encouragement, it really means a lot to me...

I'm not sure when the next post will be up, but it will be ASAP!

Later, all!

12. Lurkalidth Jedi Knight

star 2
    I can't believe I missed these posts. All I can say is: magnifique!

I'm very fond of your Luminara. I find it neat how you insinuate the Leitmotiv of how Luminara believes Obi-Wan doesn't need her anymore into the latest episode (seeing as how you introduced that concept during their training duel). I love watching your characters interact. You really seem to've nailed the characters' psyches, and you have a deft touch w/r/t chemistry.

I wish you luck in your upcoming year. And many thanks for continuing w/ this wonderful story. :D
  13. C3SoloP0 Jedi Master

star 4
    I've been bad too...but I'm back..and up to date :)

How cool is that?? ;)
  14. astroanna Jedi Master

star 4
    Lurkalidth- [face_shocked] I'm continually amazed at your sophisticated and amazingly insightful replies...Thank you so much!

I've said it before, but you really should try your hand at writing....I can tell how eloquent you are...

Trust me, I didn't think I would write anything before I actually did and even now I'm not sure I'm that great at it but it's been an awesome ride anyway!

But, it's up to you, obviously...

Thanks again! :)

C3SoloP0- Thanks so much for reading! :)
  15. astroanna Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi, all!

Just wanted to say that I haven't forgotten about this story but I haven't had a chance to get much written...

I'll post again as soon as I do, though...

Later!
  16. Lurkalidth Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wheee! Well, if/when you're able to continue this wonderful story, I'll be awaitin'. :D

Hope all's well at Uni.
  17. Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master

star 4
    How the hell did I get so far behind in this fic?!?

Is there a time warp around here cuz, apparently I'm back in april...

post 1

Ohh a joint mission...this is gunna be interesting...

I loved the interaction between Obi and LuLu as she just held him when he cried...

*hoping for much humble pie for the Jinn man*

post 2

Ooohhh nummy treats still alive...here's to hopin he's not evil...but then why would he have been dead? It's not like the pitt of acid would have existed here...

Obi's history with the Xan man?

Post 3

Oooh yummy...dark and tantalizing...I think I'm going to like your Xan. He'll make an excellent baddie, along with begone jinn...

I think I'm really going to like your Xan. He's everything I'd want a bad guy to be.

post 4

It was more than Ok!!! I loved the insite into Obi's head... It makes him more alive and more human. I loved that Lulu could still see right through him, just like any loving parent could. Do I think he was hanging on to long to his insecurites? Yes, but then all teenagers do.

Wonderful Astro!

post 5

Not really anything that needed to be commented on...I like the pacing of this story and am really enjoying it. It just flows really well.

Post 6

Way to go Jinn...never thinks about any possible reprecussions to not having a training bond removed...but to be fair to him( and force and everyone else knows I hate to do that) he probably never thought, "Hey, I wonder if I can still talk to Xan." But still, if he knew he was going to Teloxs, he might have at least thought to have his sheilds up... good going buckethead.

Wonderful Asto!

[/i]Post 7[/i]

Well at least Xan doesn't know what Jinn knows...

Hacker Obi...Me gusta mucho!

I hope that Jinn's march in to Xan's land doesn't get Lulu killed...but I'm afraid otherwise...

lol@ at others worrying about Lulu as well...

I understand where Obi is coming from, and that scares me...it's not everyday that the poor boy has to fear never seeing his master again.

Excellent chapter!

Post 8 (Sometime in July)

Looks like the readers aren't the only ones who have a bad feeling about this mission...

Awww...bonding moment. An excellent look at the special bond the two of them share. They made an excellent master and apprentice.

Post 9 7/14/03

uh oh...

*hanging on to ciiff with talons*

Post 10 August

The foreboding is really thick around here today...

Oh force...he saw it didn't he

What did he see!!!

*is glad she has her 5 point harness on*

Post 11

yeeekkk!!! This is bad. This is very bad.

Not the post! The post was excellent!

Latest post

I'm almost caught up!

Go Obi! Yay! Lulu's alive!

Oh what a place to end on...I can't wait for the next part, but wait I will...

I solemnly swear to never miss a post again!

18. astroanna Jedi Master

star 4
    Lurkalidth- Thanks so much, hun!! :)

PR- [face_shocked] That was amazingly detailed! I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and I'll be getting back to this as soon as I can!

Later, all!

19. RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Knight

star 3
    How did I miss responding to this post for so long. Sorry. Well, bad Obi-Wan, disobeying his master. When the inevitable happens, maybe you should injure him too. I know it sounds like I'm just asking for more Obi-Torture, (and maybe I am, ;) ) but from a plot point of view. First, it would give him more time just to "think" which will be hard on him, second, it would provide ample bonding time for Obi and the stuborn master. Post again soon please, I can't wait.
    ~Rosy
  20. astroanna Jedi Master

star 4
    RRFD- [face_devil] :D

Now that's an idea!! I hadn't thought of it, but now that the seed's been planted....

Oh, my but I do love it when my readers give me such great ideas!

Thanks so much, and I'll post again ASAP!

21. astroanna Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, better late than never, I suppose!

No ado at all, here goes!

AN IMPROMPTU BATTLE

Moving stealthily through the massive estate, the three Jedi were on their guard, each of their senses extended fully. They had been making their way unimpeded for several minutes when Qui-Gon suddenly threw his arm out, halting the other two. Turning slowly towards his fellow Jedi his voice was a hoarse whisper when he spoke.

?He?s here.?

He had hardly spoken the words when from a door up ahead that they had not even noticed the tall dark form of Xanatos deCrion emerged. Strolling almost casually towards them Xanatos was wearing his frigid smile and there was an icy anticipation in the dark blue eyes.

Before he had even reached the three Jedi, who were standing shoulder to shoulder, Obi-Wan?s comlink went off. As he had set it to silent mode the device made no sound but flashed with a red light. Checking it quickly and realizing that it was Bre?linn he sighed, torn between what he felt his part in this mission was and his duty to his master.

Feeling her padawan?s agitation Luminara turned towards her apprentice, a quizzical expression on her face. Obi-Wan locked eyes with his master.

?It?s Bre?linn,? he whispered.

Luminara nodded.

?Go, Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon and I can handle this.?

?Master-? Obi-Wan began, only to be cut off.

?I don?t have the patience or the time to debate this, Obi-Wan,? Luminara said, the tone in her voice brooking no argument.

Having no choice, Obi-Wan nodded, then made his way swiftly towards the nearest side hallway which he knew led to an exit. As soon as Obi-Wan could be sure that he would not be overheard, he activated his comlink once again.

?Bre?linn,? he said, his voice quiet despite his assurance of privacy.

?It?s about time,? came the exasperated reply.

Obi-Wan bit back an irritated retort and simply took a deep breath before replying.

?Where are you??

?Well,? came the cultured but still obviously annoyed voice, ?I?m outside of Xanatos?s complex trying not to get killed! I could use your help here, Obi-Wan.?

?What!?? Obi-Wan cried but there was no reply.

Heart racing, Obi-Wan used the tracking signal on Bre?linn?s comlink, as well as what little guidance he could obtain from the Force in his agitation, to find his way. Before long he had made his way outside of the massive complex into the sunny but cool Telosian afternoon.

What he found was utter and complete chaos.

Soon he had found Bre?linn and, in the few moments they had to spare within the next frenzied minutes, she explained her plan; a plan that was obviously, and much to the young Jedi?s chagrin, organized and executed completely without his knowledge.

?As soon as you had left, I explained the situation to some of the more well known and well respected leaders of the movement. Although they hadn?t spent much time around you, they all had developed a deep admiration for you and so it was not long before the decision was made to come to the aid of the Jedi whom we all felt had risked their lives in order to help our small band of rebels.? Obi-Wan could not help but notice the gleam in her eyes as she continued. ?I can?t say that I did a whole lot to stop them. I wanted to be able to fight in the open, finally.?

"Why am I not surprised?" came the sardonic reply. After that there was no more time for words.

So it was that Obi-Wan swiftly became embroiled in a guerilla type battle between the rebels he, along with his master and Qui-Gon, had aided and Xanatos?s security force. Outside of Xanatos?s own estate he and Bre?linn stood, fighting back to back.

Bre?linn was deftly wielding her small but deadly blaster and Obi-Wan was deflecting blaster bolts expertly, his bright blue blade a blur as he moved. For some time it went on and neither side seemed to be gaining much ground, though the casualties were mounting on both sides.

Xanatos?s security were well trained and well armed but they, unlike th
  22. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
  23. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    I was afraid I had offended you. [face_plain] It doesn't suck at all silly! Wonderful way to ratchet up the tension and leave us hanging by our fingernails! That last line really has me worried though! :(
  24. shanobi Jedi Master

star 4
    This post most certainly did not suck :) The suspense is killing me here! Just what is Obi going to find? What has happened to Luminara? Oh, you are just dragging this out--not that i'm complaining. You definately keep us coming back for more.

Great job, and i'll be crossing my fingers that it doesn't take as long for the next post ;)

--Shan
  25. RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yay, nice post. good job. Um, I'm sleep deprived. Keep it up.
    ~Rosy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.