main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Destiny Delayed- AU JA- Thanks, shanobi! *COMPLETED1/08/04*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by astroanna, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Today, the only person Obi-Wan needed to prove himself against was himself. :)

Way to go Obi-Wan. Not only does he get a chance to display his lightsaber skills, but he also displays his new maturity and ability to let the Force guide him instead of his emotions. Yoda knew what he was doing when he gave him another chance to spar in front of the masters. I can't wait to see who was watching. :D

Was Qui-Gon at the match to see what he turned his back on? :mad:

You did a great job with that fight scene astroanna. Please post soon since you left us with a bit of a cliffie! :)

2. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Today, the only person Obi-Wan needed to prove himself against was himself.

Yes, shades of old Ben, right there. Perfect Padawan material, unlike ahem...another well-known, powerful padawan we all know of.

someone keeping a very close eye on him at that moment, a person who would shape the course of the rest of his life.

Well Qui-Gon falls into that category; but are you talking about the NEW master?? I was so hoping that Obi's life with his new Master would be a happy one, for a while at least, but now I seem to have developed a bad case of the jitters.

3. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    GREAT POST astroanna!
    WAY TO GO OBI!

As for the cliffies ending....evil!! ;)
    I wonder who this important someone will be?

Can't wait to find out!

-s-wk

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Great job astroanna :)

5. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    good fight scene. loved the contrast between the two.

6. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    astroanna - Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!!! I was so caught up in the fight, I would have been completely oblivious to those around too. :D But now I'm DYING to know who was watching and could change the course of his life!!! For some reason, I don't think it's Qui. ;)

7. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    ::roars:: That was a spectacular fight scene! Those are imvvvvvho extremely difficult to write: how much detail to add w/o slowing down the pacing, etc. I like how you paint the Obi-Wan/Bruck dichotomy even down to the differing battle styles. Great way to show (as you have throughout this story) how much Obi has grown.

This was such a tasty morsel! Part of me hopes that Q-J is in the stands, feeling miserable, hehehe.

Wouldn't mind it if you had some more to post. ;) But thanks for posting what you have.

8. Calantha

Calantha Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2002
    I swore I wasn't going to follow anymore stories! Still, I'm glad I clicked on yours.

I don't have much time tonight but I have to complement you on a wonderful writing style. The scenes very vivid and involving, and I like the pace it runs at.

It's too bad it wasn't you they hired to write the JA books :(

~Calantha

9. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Astro,

"I don't do fight scenes well." Oh please.

That was great! Obi-Wan's cool serenity, and Bruck's anger were great counterpoints. Can't wait to find out who the person is.

Shaindl

10. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    WOW!!!
    That was a great fight scene!!!
    I definitely loved it...Icould feel what was going on....way cool....

So is the guy Qui-GOn??? Please let it be Qui-Gon!!!!!

UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

11. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    YAY Obi-Wan! I love it when he show Bruck up :p

, I did get the whole "you wish" thing from the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets film.

Hehe..I knew it sounded framilar :)

MORE!

12. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Jovieve- Thanks so much! :)

Obi-ew- "Envious of the fight scene..." [face_shocked] Really!? Well, thanks!

Sheila- Why, thanks! :) You'll have to wait to find out if Qui was there, and I'll post ASAP, promise!

forever-jedi- Thanks! :) "Well Qui-Gon falls into that category; but are you talking about the NEW master??" :D Have to wait and see!

snowbee-wan kenobi- Thanks! :) More as soon as I can!

PadawanKitara- Thanks!

PaddyJuan- Thanks so much! I'm kind of surprised that you guys liked the fight scene as much as you did... :D

Arldetta- Awwwwwwwwwwww... [face_blush] You're too kind... Was it Qui? Stay tuned to find out! :D

Lurkalidth- Thank you so much! :D Again, the fight scene went over suprisingly well....

Calantha- Welcome, and thanks so much! It means a lot to me that you took the time to read and respond! :) "It's too bad it wasn't you they hired to write the JA books" [face_blush] [face_blush]

Shaindl- [face_blush] :D Thanks so much!!

C3SoloP0- Thanks! "So is the guy Qui-GOn??? Please let it be Qui-Gon!!!!!" [face_devil] I'm not telling!

L-P- Yeah, I couldn't help it, when I saw the dueling club scene, all I could think was "this is perfect for the fight scene I have to write!" Thanks for reading!

Thank you all!

13. astroanna

Jul 8, 2002
    OK, all, you can get off of the cliff now!!

:)

REUNITED

Luminara Unduli smiled as she watched the young boy celebrating with his friends. Her vividly blue eyes sparkled with excitement for Obi-Wan as she once again heard the laughter that was so familiar to her. She had not heard that laughter in much too long.

A young woman of only thirty, Luminara had, as a recently appointed knight, spent several years as a supervisor in the initiates? wing and, during that time, had gotten to know a much younger Obi-Wan Kenobi. She would never forget those bright blue eyes, or that sweet, innocent smile. Luminara had known from the first time she met the little boy that there was something special about him.

Unfortunately, the responsibilities of her missions and her work as a Jedi diplomat had kept her from the Temple, except sporadically. That is why she had not seen young Obi-Wan for five standard years. She was amazed at how he had grown and matured, and was grateful that a break in her mission schedule had allowed her to watch the infamous initiate lightsaber tournament.

Still smiling, Luminara made her way through the small crowd surrounding Obi-Wan and, somehow, was able to make herself heard over the cheers still emanating from the young man?s supporters.

?You?ve gotten pretty popular, Obi-Wan?

Obi-Wan turned to look at Luminara, his eyes widening in surprise, then in delight.

Quickly turning back to his friends, he said, ?I?ll meet up with you in the mess hall for last meal, you guys, all right??

A chorus of ?See you, Obi!? and ?Great job, Obi-Wan!? followed.

Finally, Luminara and Obi-Wan were alone, or at least out of earshot of anyone else. Obi-Wan simply grinned, and neither Luminara nor Obi-Wan said anything for several long moments. Finally, Luminara broke the comfortable silence.

?I haven?t seen you for ages, Obi-Wan. Look at you?, she continued, her eyes quickly flicking over the young man?s form, ?you?re all grown up.?

Luminara looked down at Obi-Wan, her eyes holding mock indignation.

?Who said you were allowed to do that, huh??

Obi-Wan laughed, and Luminara followed suit. Finally, Obi-Wan spoke.

?It?s so great to see you again, Luminara. I would have thought a Jedi knight would be too busy for some little kids? tournament.?

The grin Obi-Wan was wearing never left his face.

?Well, there was one ?little kid? I just had to see. Except that, go figure, the little kid I came to see isn?t so little anymore.?

Luminara and Obi-Wan simply stood in silence once more before Luminara spoke again.

?I was really impressed with the way you handled yourself today, Obi-Wan. You fought with the Force, and without fear. And against Bruck, no less!?

Luminara was well aware of the animosity that existed between the boys, for it had been there since the two were young. Obi-Wan sighed.

?Yeah. He and I will never get along. He seems to really hate me.?

Luminara tipped Obi-Wan?s chin up with one of her slender fingers so that she could lock gazes with him.

?Hey. Listen to me. Whatever Bruck?s problem is, it?s his problem and not yours.?

Obi-Wan?s smile returned.

?I?d forgotten how easy it is to talk to you, Luminara.?

Luminara smiled in return.

?Likewise.?

Luminara?s face suddenly became quizzical.

?Hey, isn?t your birthday coming up soon??

Obi-Wan?s face settled into his familiar mask of neutrality.

?Yeah, I?ll be thirteen in a week.?

Luminara?s stomach lurched. She knew, as did every initiate, knight, and Master of the Jedi Order, the age at which an initiate had to be chosen as a Padawan or face expulsion from the Order. Luminara looked at Obi-Wan.

?You mean-?

Obi-Wan sighed.

?Yeah. I haven?t been chosen, and it looks like I?m not going to be.?

Luminara?s mind raced. How could this wonderful child have been passed over? It made no sense to her. Luminara was so immersed in her own thoughts that she didn?t even notice the figure

14. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    One day I am going to read a fic where the buckethead devotes everywaking moment and actually loves Obi...and when I read it, I'll run in fear of my life.

I think a good/nice Jinn is a sign of the appocalypse.

Wonderful Job! I liked your Lulu...I don't think that she really had any personality in the books and I think your doing a good job with her.

15. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Wonderful!!!! Oh, what a twist!! :D But I likey, I likey a lot!! :D :D

Very nice, Astro. I have a feeling Lumy might be thinking of doing something that Qui should have done o begin with. I hope so. And I like her characterization too. ;) More please. :D

16. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I loved the twist astroanna! Personally, I think it would be wonderful for Obi-Wan to be chosen by someone who thinks so highly of him and is not afraid to show him affection. What a needed change that would be, definitely AU! :D

17. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :) Yeah! I like her also! Haven taken the liberty of changing her myself ;) I am thrilled she will be the one to train Obi! Want more! :D

18. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Great posts! Missed so many *bangs head on wall* Bad Arwen Bad Arwen,

Keep it up!

19. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Great job! Hope Luminara takes him as her apprentice. the kid doesnt need any more heartbreak.

20. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    Luminara purists? You kidding?! The writing here imvvho far surpasses the JA books w/r/t quality & characterization.

This is terrific! It made my day, seeing that you posted another chapter. It would make for a great change if Obi actually had a (relatively) angst-free apprenticeship for once, with a mentor who appreciates all his stellar qualities. :-D

(And I'm looking forward to the "price" QGJ has to pay.......)

Thank you for another great chapter.

21. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Astroanna

I just found this story thanks to Arldetta..and I love it..

I look forward to reading more...

Does this mean that Luminara is going to take Obi as a padawan?

Cant wait to see where this all goes...Keep up the great work..

PT

22. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    WONDERFUL!!!!

I loved that post!!!! DOn't you just want to slap some sense into Qui-GOn???? I know I do!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what Luminara is going to do? I hope Qui-Gon chooses Obi!! There is not much time left!!!!

Great job astroanna!!!!!

Up!

23. astroanna

Jul 8, 2002
    P-R- Ummmmmmm, should I call you "the artist formerly known as JKH" now? 8-} Just kidding!

"One day I am going to read a fic where the buckethead devotes everywaking moment and actually loves Obi...and when I read it, I'll run in fear of my life.

I think a good/nice Jinn is a sign of the appocalypse."

[face_laugh] LOL!!!!!

You guys don't like Qui, do you?

Thank you so much, I'm glad you like my Luminara!

Arldetta- [face_blush] Thanks so much! I was wondering how my Luminara would go over, I'm glad you guys like her!

Sheila- I think so, too! Thanks so much!

Obi-ew- Yeah, you've written a wonderful Luminara...(and one that was, shall we say, less than morally upstanding?) I've loved them both!! :D Thanks so much!

Arwen-Jade- Ouch!! Quit it, girl, you'll hurt yourself!! :) Thanks!

PaddyJuan- No, he doesn't! Thanks!

Lurkalidth- OK, so you guys aren't Luminara purists! :D Thanks so much for the kind words, they mean a lot to me!

P-T- Glad you're on board, and I hope you'll stick around! :)

C3SoloP0- Well, you'll have to stick around to find out! :)

Thank you all!

:D

24. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Great force! I think my dreams will come true! A happy Obi-wan will be taken up as padawan to an equally generous, loving Luminara. They will become close, and be happy together while QG grows old alone and watches from afar, and sighs for what could have been his. Wonderful!

I was so... afraid that in this story, a "good" Xanbatos would take Obi as padawan, and then turn evil, really hurting Obi.

More soon, astroanna.

25. astroanna

Jul 8, 2002
    forever-jedi- Thanks so much! Glad you're enjoying!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.