main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Different Kind of Beautiful (OC's, sometime before TPM)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SUGARBANTJINN, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUGARBANTJINN

SUGARBANTJINN Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2007
    A Different kind of Beautiful
    SUGARBANTJINN
    Genre: vignette
    Rating: G
    Disclaimer: Star Wars and all things Jedi belong to uncle George. I do it for love! the song belongs to CCM artist, Bob Carslile.
    Dedication: A little bit of background, I got the idea for this story from the stable I volunteered at for 4 years, where we gave riding lessons to people of all disabilities, a few of which were autistic. These people really touched me. They taught me a lot, and I had so much fun with them- they really are beautiful people! There?s a lot more I?d like to say, I just don?t know how, so I guess I?ll just say this: I dedicate this story to all my autistic friends at Wings of Hope.
    Note: This was originally going to be a long story about an autistic Jedi girl at the Temple, but I have since lost the plotbunny, but thought, why lose the story as well? It works well enough as a stand-alone!

You're beautiful in every way!
    So beautiful, how I've waited for this day!
    If the world was offered to me
    I just couldn't make the change,
    cause you're beautiful!
    -Beautiful, by Bob Carslile

Col.3:11 'A renewal in which there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, circumsized and uncircumsized, barbarian, scythian, slave and freeman, but Christ is all, and in all.
    ~~~~

A young, black-haired, green-eyes girl zigzagged along the dirt path in the room of the Thousand Fountains, investigating any and every bright colored plant and flower she saw.
    Master Jys followed patiently, enjoying her Padawans? enthusiasm. Evvi was 8 now, and the woman had been training the child for 4 years. It had been trying, raising a child with such a disability, but she wouldn?t trade it for anything.
    She saw Evvi now, sitting cross legged on the side of the path, holding a small brown lump in one hand, petting in with the other, and murmuring to it while rocking back and forth.
    Kneeling next to her, Jys realized the ?brown lump? was a baby furble, perhaps a few months old. She could also hear what Evvi was saying to it.
    ?It?s okay. It?s okay. It?s okay. Get better! It?s okay. Get better!?
    Bringing the tiny creature up to her cheek, she continued, whispering rather loudly. Apparently the baby furble had injured it?s paw, and got separated from it?s den. Jys could barely hear it?s mewling cry of pain.
    Her heart melted. The small girl had such a beautiful compassion and desire to help, even when she didn?t understand what was wrong. Jys was about to tell Evvi that it was time to go when she felt the Force move in the girl. The baby animal ceased it?s crying and began a strange, rumbling, hic-uping sound indicating it?s pleasure.
    Grinning from ear to ear, Evvi looked up at her master, issuing her own squeal of delight as she held the furble up. Gently accepting the tiny thing from the hands of the child, Jys saw that the hurt paw was indeed healthy and whole. Pride for her Padawan swelled up in her chest and shown in her smokey blue eyes as she returned the 8 year olds? smile.
    ?You did it, Evvi,? she said, ?He doesn?t hurt anymore!?
    Evvi laughed and squealed even louder, then exclaimed, ?He doesn?t hurt anymore! He doesn?t hurt anymore! Hey, Master, he doesn?t hurt anymore!?
    Stifling a grin, Jys put a finger to her lips and in a soft, serious voice, ?Shhhh! You don?t want to scare your new friend, do you??
    With wide eyes, Evvi shook her head, and silenced her cries of joy. Leaning toward the furble, putting them at eye level, gently petting its? little head, she spoke in an almost inaudible voice, ?I?m sorry!?
    ?We have to let him go home, now, Evvi,? Jys said solemnly, steeling herself for an argument.
    ?No!? Evvi protested. ?He?s my friend! He doesn?t hurt anymore, and he?s my friend!? She quickly, but somehow gently snatched the furble from Jys and held him close. The little girl looked up at the woman with a ?How could you?!? look in her big green eyes.
    Remembering what the healers had told her about disciplining Evvi, she didn?

2. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Oh, that was beautiful! @};- Evvi is so sweet! [face_love]

I'm sorry you're not making it longer, I would have liked to see more about Evvi and her Master.

Lovely writing once again, SUGARBANTJINN!

3. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    ((sniffle)) I reeeally like that, Bant! It's so touching, and reminds me of friends I made who were like Evvi. Some of the sweetest people you'll ever know! You really should write more for that... ((sets a trap for plotbunnies near Bant))

Good job! :) @};-

~Silverfighter

4. SUGARBANTJINN

Apr 12, 2007
    you guys are so sweet! I may hafe to write more, just so I won't dissapoint you! I have another story I'm going to post soon, title unknown, but it was origianlly going to be the prolog to A Different Kind of Beautiful, about when her mother leaves her at the Temple. I'll update ya'll if you like, when more Evvi stuff comes out! :)

5. Fel_Freak228

Fel_Freak228 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2007
    =D= That was great Bant! Really touching and very sweet.:)

6. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Such a sweet, lovely story! [face_love] Evvi is adorable, and I love how she helped the furble.

Great job! =D=

7. SUGARBANTJINN

Apr 12, 2007
    thanks, you guys! again, if anyone wants to be updated on new Evvi stories, or just anything else I may put out, please say so.

1. silverfighter

8. SUGARBANTJINN

Apr 12, 2007
    OK, I've got a sort of Sequal to this story, but I'm not sure if I want to post it or not...I thought I'd take a vote from my readers. (It's not completely finished, but if I get enough of a response, I'll finish it!)

Edit: Oops! I seem to have posted this on the wrong story! I assure that more Evvi stories will come, but I meant to post this on Ressurection! :p

9. Fel_Freak228

Fel_Freak228 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2007
    YES!! A sequel would be awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.