main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Different Path (Darth Vader-AU)- Updated with Epilogue- 2/8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SkalenFehl, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I missed a post and what a post it was!

He turned to face Obi-Wan. ?Why did you save me??

Obi-Wan inhaled deeply as he raised his hands in front of him in a submissive gesture. ?Because of what Padme said before she died,? he said softly.

Vader raised Obi-Wan's lightsaber to his throat. ?Be careful what you say old man.?

Obi-Wan swallowed as he considered his choice of words. Then he spoke carefully. ?She died in childbirth,? he replied raising his brow. ?Before she died she said something, which has echoed in my mind all these years. Something which I have hoped is true.?

Vader remained silent. His chest rose slightly with each breath as he waited for Obi-Wan to finish.

?Her dying words were, 'There is still good in him.' I know there is.'?

This is an amazing scene. [face_love]

Vader, Anakin finally redeemed himself in the end.

He thought about the many decisions he now faced. He gazed at the horizon and contemplated the possibilities.

Fantastic line.

While part of me wants a sequel, I just totally love this ending!! :D :D

I look forward to the epilogue.

2. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Wow!!!!!!

That was action packed and I love how you wove the future into Vader's decision making.

I can't wait 'til the epilogue. I, too, would love to see a sequel to this.

3. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    What an incredible ending to a truly solid story. It thoroughly enjoyed this, and I enjoy how open you left it to possible future story lines. Well done!

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Great conclusion. I too like the ending.

5. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Liked the ending sad that Leia was killed though.

6. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Healer Leona: This is an amazing scene. love

Vader, Anakin finally redeemed himself in the end.

He thought about the many decisions he now faced. He gazed at the horizon and contemplated the possibilities.

Fantastic line.

While part of me wants a sequel, I just totally love this ending!! grin grin

I look forward to the epilogue.

Thanks, Leona! I'll get crackin' on the epilogue. :D

Amidala66: Wow!!!!!!

That was action packed and I love how you wove the future into Vader's decision making.

I can't wait 'til the epilogue. I, too, would love to see a sequel to this.

Thank you very much! As for a sequel? Well...I have another epic to finish before considering this, though I just might do it! You've inspired me!

Darth_Marrs: What an incredible ending to a truly solid story. It thoroughly enjoyed this, and I enjoy how open you left it to possible future story lines. Well done!

Thank you very much!

RebelMom: Great conclusion. I too like the ending.

Thanks, RebelMom! :)

Jeditheskyisblue: Liked the ending sad that Leia was killed though.

If you reread the first couple paragraphs you'll note that everyone aboard the Star Destroyer perished. The story never actually indicates that Leia died in the self destruction of the Tantive IV. The reader only knows for certain that R2-D2, C-3PO and Vader survived. ;)

7. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    =D= =D= =D=

Truly excellent, SkalenFehl! That last chapter was so intense, you had me holding my breath. And I loved how you ended it, leaving the reader to decide for himself what Vader would do. However, I would love to see a sequel to this. Hint, hint. ;)

Bravo!!! =D= =D=

8. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    OMG that was awesome, but that can't be it. I need more, what does he do, I need to know please, please, please write more.

9. SHADOW_MASTER_W

SHADOW_MASTER_W Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2005
    I like it! Vader finally being portrayed as powerful in the armor rather than a cripple. VERY VERY interested in a sequel!!!

10. EmpressJade

EmpressJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 9, 2005
    Whoa!:eek: That was an awesome ending Skalen!=D=
    The portrayal of Vader was outstanding, with such terrific use of words and his match up with Palpatine certainly was electrifying!!!
    At last, Vader stands up to the man who claims to be his master weilding Obi-Wan's blade instead of his own Sith blade. :D
    Only now, I hope Vader does not convert Luke at his side now that we see him in his master place ruling the galaxy as father and son.[face_worried]
    Iv'e really enjoyed reading this update as well as the whole story, I can't wait to see the epilogue.;) It would be great to see a sequel also!

Incredibly well done!! =D= =D=

11. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Great conclussion... What now for the Death Star? Will Vader resestablish the Senate? Sequeal or an Epilogue would be nice

12. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Fantastic, absolutely fantastic! =D=

That was a very satisfying conclusion. Can't wait for the Epilogue myself. :)

13. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Whoa! :eek: Perfect! =D=

Now young Skywalker...you will die.

The outpouring of the blue lightning increased as snapping electric sounds echoed throughout the room. Luke continued to cry out in anguish while Palpatine reveled in the pain he inflicted.

The vision ended as suddenly as it began leaving Vader shuddering in a cold sweat. He braced himself against his bed as he blinked repeatedly. ?No,? Vader said softly, trying to control his emotions. He had failed to save his mother. He had failed to save Padme. Now it was happening again. He looked around to see the small droids were no longer working. They had finished their maintenance and repairs on the various components of his suit. He turned to look out the window once more. He knew that he would soon be arriving on Coruscant to report to the Emperor.

He grabbed a sterile towelette from a small stack on his bed and began cleaning himself. He stared blankly ahead as he ceremoniously wiped his body, what was still whole, clean. When he finished he sat down on his bed and as if on cue, the small droids began dressing him. When his utitlity belt had been replaced he stared at Obi-Wan's lightsaber.

I loved you like a brother
    !

Amazing! =D=

14. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    Gina: Truly excellent, SkalenFehl! That last chapter was so intense, you had me holding my breath. And I loved how you ended it, leaving the reader to decide for himself what Vader would do. However, I would love to see a sequel to this. Hint, hint.

Thank you Gina, and for your encouragement and inspiration!

CodyMonKenobi: OMG that was awesome, but that can't be it. I need more, what does he do, I need to know please, please, please write more.

Well, there will be an epilogue containing a nice little twist. As for a sequel? It's very possible, though I have another story that really needs to be finished.

SHADOW_MASTER_W: I like it! Vader finally being portrayed as powerful in the armor rather than a cripple. VERY VERY interested in a sequel!!!

Thank you very much!

EmpressJade: Whoa! shock That was an awesome ending Skalen! applause
    The portrayal of Vader was outstanding, with such terrific use of words and his match up with Palpatine certainly was electrifying!!!
    At last, Vader stands up to the man who claims to be his master weilding Obi-Wan's blade instead of his own Sith blade. grin
    Only now, I hope Vader does not convert Luke at his side now that we see him in his master place ruling the galaxy as father and son. worried
    Iv'e really enjoyed reading this update as well as the whole story, I can't wait to see the epilogue. wink It would be great to see a sequel also!

Incredibly well done!!

Thank you for you compliments and kind words. I'm hoping to have the epilogue posted sometime this weekend. :)

Ocelotl_Nesto: Great conclussion... What now for the Death Star? Will Vader resestablish the Senate? Sequeal or an Epilogue would be nice

Thank you. Stay tuned for the epilogue.

BigE: Fantastic, absolutely fantastic! applause

That was a very satisfying conclusion. Can't wait for the Epilogue myself.

Thanks for the applause! :)

VaderLVR64: Whoa! shock Perfect!

Thank you for reading and replying.

Everyone's comments have been generous and it is very gratifying to know that I have managed to capture your attention and keep you riveted. I hope to be able to continue doing so in the future. Stay tuned for the epilogue! :)

15. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    I have to insert a shameless plug to the epic that I started writing two years ago. If you've enjoyed reading "A Different Path", please give my other story, "Of Loss and Love" a chance and let me know what you think. I look forward to finishing it now that this story is done...for now. ;)

Of Loss and Love

---

And now without further ado, I present to you the anticipated tangential inclusion to this story.

Epilogue

Biggs Darklighter stood on the ridge of a mesa just outside the Tosche Station at Anchorhead. He hadn't eaten breakfast yet and was especially craving Garqi caf. He licked his lips as he scanned the morning desert horizon through his electrobinoculars at the vast wreckage. I guess Luke was right. The endless dunes were sprinkled with chunks of wreckage and debris of all shapes and sizes, some still burning after two days, leaving clouds of black smoke lingering high in the air. Luke had insisted that a battle was going on in orbit. Whatever happened up there didn't seem to leave any survivors. He had planned to leave Tatooine the day before but decided to remain hidden until he felt sure he was out of any Imperial danger. The Empire did not deal kindly with defectors. Still, his curiosity had gotten the best of him and he knew that he couldn't remain hidden forever. A rebellion was rising and he wanted to be a part of it.

He continued scanning the desert, catching a glimpse of Jawas and other desert dwellers, no doubt scavenging for anything usable. Then something tiny, an almost imperceptible speck, gleamed on the distant horizon. He magnified his electrobinoculars five hundred times for a closer look. His eyes widened as a small pod came into view. Still too distant to discern clearly it seemed intact. He adjusted the focus and immediately saw a body just outside the pod, face down. His heart pounded as chills ran down his neck, adrenaline racing through his veins. He wasn't naïve enough to rule out an Imperial trap but considered the obvious possibility--a survivor. He noted the surrounding natural landmarks to triangulate the pod's position and walked back to his speeder, shaking his head. He knew he was risking his life to make sure, but he couldn't ignore someone in distress. He wished Luke was with him now. I'm sorry I doubted you, Luke.

As he sped along a rocky bank he wondered if the person was alive and if he was Imperial. He opened a small compartment and pulled out his sidearm, compliments of the Imperial Academy. He glanced ahead for any potential ambushes. At this point, the desert people posed as much of a threat as any Imperial presence. He kept a sharp eye out for any trouble. He pulled around a nearby rocky bluff to survey and secure the area. He climbed atop the bluff and scanned the area with his electrobinoculars. There was no sign of life other than the person laying prostrate in the sand. He climbed back down to his speeder and headed towards the crashed pod, no doubt an emergency personal escape craft from the battle that Luke had described. He approached the site and quickly scanned the area to make sure the area was clear. He shut down the speeder and with his blaster in hand he quickly jogged to the body and bent over, wide-eyed. He turned the person over to find a young woman unconscious and filthy from smoke, ash, and dirt. He checked her vitals. Her breaths were short and she had a weak pulse but she was alive.

He ran back to his speeder and grabbed a canteen of water and brought it to her. She groaned weakly as he tried to rouse her.

?Young lady,? she nudged gently but urgently. ?Wake up!?

She opened her eyes and tried to focus. She gasped faintly as she looked up at Biggs and stiffened with surprise. She was barely coherent but knew an Imperial issue blaster when she saw one.

He holstered his weapon. ?It's alright, your safe.? He held out his canteen in a friendly gesture.

She was too weak to respond intelligently so he held her head up gently as he

16. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    HMMM-- now I want a swquel-- I still want to know what happens next-- sould like a demanding little kid-- sorry. Thanks for the PM

17. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Awesome story dude,

and quite a twist, I gotta admit I wasn't expecting that.

Nice one :D

EG

18. SHADOW_MASTER_W

SHADOW_MASTER_W Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2005
    Must have sequel...........

MUST HAVE SEQUEL...........

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Ha! Biggs and Leia? :eek: What a neat twist to a great story.

20. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    Dude, you just keep bringing up so many more questions. You have to do a sequel I am begging you.

21. DarthVaderette

DarthVaderette Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2004
    Great ending.

If you do a sequel, please pm me with updates

22. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Yeah! Leia is alive. I'll chime in with the others for a sequel, but I understand if you don't. It was a wonderful little story.

23. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    I loved the twist that Leia was alive although I expected something was up while I was reading your replies.

I will definately go check out your other story. You are a gifted writer.

I do hope that you will consider a sequel to this.

Bravo:)

24. sherazade

sherazade Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    =D= This is the most interesting turning of events. Biggs helping Leia...very creative and yes, it DEMANDS A SEQUEL!!! DO NOT STOP HERE, PLEASE (YES I AM SCREAMING) :_|

I will be waiting.....[face_worried]

Excellent work![:D]

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    WOW! :eek: That was an aweome and surprising twist. Left me laughing with delight adn I have to second sherazade, this really does demand a sequel. :D :D

Bravo to a wonderful fic. =D= Thanks for sharing with us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.