main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Different Road ( AU OT, H/L L/M P/V etc. ) UPDATED- 12/11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Starrunner, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    Leia turned to Han, ?Come on flyboy, follow me.? and dashed down the hall as
    the ship soared out of the docking bay.
    - Yeah, the silly nicknames begin! :D They've been together for a few minutes only, and she's already calling him names!

I really do love them! [face_love] LOL

~Lelila @};-

2. Starrunner

Starrunner Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2003
    GreatOne: The Han and Chewie's friendship, to me, is an essential part of the story and Han's character. The best friend and guardian you can always rely on to turn you in the right direction, and help you when you really need it.

jedi-lelila the silly nicknames begin! Han and Leia's nicknames for each other have always been one of my favorite parts of the the movies and fan fiction.

3. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    well Han and Leia are together. . . .

Ohhhhh Leia is going to be pissy, she didn't have all that much left at school and she just leaves?!!! ohhhh not going to be happy with Han for that. . .

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yea! Han, Chewie and Leia finally together! Now all we need is to bring Luke into the picture and we're set. ;)

5. Starrunner

Dec 29, 2003
    Maramijade: Yep, but it's not ALL Han's fault and he might make up for it someday.

HanSolo29: He'll get there, just give him time.

6. Starrunner

Dec 29, 2003
    *sigh*
    I must apologize. Baseball has fully hijacked my mind. I've been working on the next post, but it's been really slow. I'll try to get back to at least 1 post a week after my socks win the world series.

7. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    well they one :) can we have more now? ;)

one???!!! ONE??

grrrrrr it'd be helpful if I was able to spll. . . ok ok, so maybe I was writing this at 1 am. .. I meant won. . .

grrrrr

8. Starrunner

Dec 29, 2003
    Yes they did!

[face_dancing]

Yeah, sorry the next post is almost done and will be up this weekend.

9. jedi-lelila

Jun 14, 2003
    More soon?

~Lelila @};-

10. CommanderK23

CommanderK23 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    Well, this is a different sort of fic... o_O But I like.
    By the way... I think you've got the characters down great. Considering the circumstances. Like the fact that Leia is quite handy with ships.
    Now all they need is Luke and the our little band of friends will be together... course I think the relationships would be a little different...

This is story I will most certainly keep checking...

11. Starrunner

Dec 29, 2003
    maramijade: Sorry about making you wait so long. lol, misspellings are just evil, but honestly I didn't even notice.

jedi-lelila Yes, sorry for making you wait so long. School has been more demanding then usual, but we get 2 extra days off this weekend so the next chapter WILL be up by Friday.

CommanderK23: Welcome to the story! :) By the way... I think you've got the characters down great. Considering the circumstances. Thank you, I was a bit worried about that. Like the fact that Leia is quite handy with ships. I thought it was fitting. Luke inherits his Anikin's piloting abilities, so mabey Leia inherited some of his mechanical talents.

12. Starrunner

Dec 29, 2003

The ramp of Vader?s transport hissed with bellowing steam catching the
    Coruscantian wind as it began to whip up and tug at Luke hair. The lights
    of the massive city casting eerie lights across the open landing platform.

[i]My father!?[/i]

Blind-sided by facts who?s implications he could not possibly fully comprehend,
    Luke was lost in the twisting of his own thoughts marveling at how cruel
    irony could be. The seconds passing slowly like hours of a sleepless night.
    Edging by, like early morning ice creeping across the surface of a cold lake.

Luke?s mind raced with horror and fear, still half believing this was some
    horrid nightmare. Unaware that he was starring at the black plates of armor
    that covered this monster who, at least claimed, to be his father. Of course
    it offered a possible explanation to what had earlier seemed to be psychic
    powers, but, that didn?t matter. Until twenty seconds ago, he was not even aware
    the black shadow infamous throughout the galaxy for his heartlessness and
    cruelty, was even human.

Now, he was supposed to believe this skeleton of what may have someday have
    been a man, was his father? It seemed so wrong, and yet in the same way, a
    frightening way, it seemed almost right. But it just couldn?t be, could it?
    Luke continued to stare into nothingness as if the facts he had been
    confronted with were beyond all forms of logic he knew.

As if a herald of worse news, the rapid steps of an approaching officer
    fragmented Luke?s thoughts and he turned in alarm, a bit to quickly swaying
    slightly a second later with dizziness.

?Sir, the Emperor requests you make contact with immediately.? The
    lieutenant commander saluted proudly, addressing Vader, his silver
    insignia shining brightly in stark contrast to the darkness of Luke's
    thoughts.

?I?ll make contact with him in time. I have other matter to deal with
    at the moment.? Vader nodded dismissivly.

?He demands it immediately, sir.?

Vader turned to the inferior who was becoming, in Vader?s mind, more
    of a pest and less of a person. ?Fine. Stay with lieutenant Skywalker.
    I will be back shortly,? he turned his back and began to ascend the ramp. The
    officer followed Vader into to the ship, reminding the dark lord that he had
    other duties to attend to. Leaving Luke alone.

A thousand distant memories of sunny afternoon?s, came unwillingly to Luke?s
    mind. Days spent alone on the shifting sand dunes starring at the
    far-off horizons dreaming of adventures in space, and fighting the empire,
    not being a part of it.

There he stood out in the howling winds of the imperial capital
    wishing for the simple childhood dreams of days long past. He began to
    realize, those dreams were just as unlikely then as they were now. The
    chains of the empire had not killed his dreams back then, why should
    they now?

Perhaps this was his chance.

[hr]

13. jedi-lelila

Jun 14, 2003
    [edit] First post!! [face_dancing]

Poor Luke! Being tortured like this! :_|

Great post.

~Lelila @};-

14. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Poor Luke! :(

I hope the next postie comes faster... I have to go reread the story because I'm old and forgetful! :p

15. CommanderK23

May 4, 2004
    Ouch, I don't think Luke was ready for that...
    Hum... sounds like our team from Alderaan may have a run in with Luke? :confused: o_O

Every good post. More soon?

16. Starrunner

Dec 29, 2003
    jedi-lelila: Congrads on first post, I bet the time zones make that difficult.
    Poor Luke! Being tortured like this!
    [face_devil]
    Wait till you see what I've got in store for H/L later on...

GreatOne: Sorry about that! I'm gonna try to get back to at least 1, hopefully 2, posts a week.
    And old people are cool. :cool:

CommanderK23: Ouch, I don't think Luke was ready for that
    That was one of the original plot bunnies that got this idea spinning in my head. What if Luke found out that Vader was his father before he learned the other things about Anikin?

17. jedi-lelila

Jun 14, 2003
    Wait till you see what I've got in store for H/L later on... - Huhu. I have a bad feeling about this! :p

~Lelila @};-

18. Starrunner

Dec 29, 2003
    Hehe
    [face_devil]
    You'll see...

:p

19. Starrunner

Dec 29, 2003
    Up, for tomorrow?s post.

Edit: Nevermind. I'm having a bad weekend, will post on monday.

Edit#2: My computer froze and I lost the post, so mabey tommarow. The 'Buy Andi a computer of her own that acutually works' Fund, is impossibly short on money.
    Anyways this weekend we have 2 extra days off, so I'm trying for at least 2 mabey as many as 4 posts by sunday night.

20. Starrunner

Dec 29, 2003

The sent of Aura blossoms radiated out from the royal gardens. Three fountain?s, the largest in the center, spewed streams of freshwater in alternating patterns of circles and arcs spouting out of white stone.

Padmé sat alone on a small wooden bench studying carved flowers that wove across the Galgarian crystal that made up the walkways of the small plaza in the Alderaanian Royal Palace. Deep in thought and memory.

The past ten years had not been easy. She and Anikin had dreamt of so much, but had lost more then they even knew they had. Even after Anikin had begun to fade and the first threads of Vader?s reality had begun to show, she had kept hope. Hope that perhaps, given time, things might be fixed, hope of that mythical happily-ever-after that now seemed so impossible it hurt to think about.

?Padmé...?

She turned from the shallow sea of memories, to the real voice that called her.

?There?s something I should have told you a week ago.? Bail Organa passed under the wooden arched gate to the gardens.

?What?s wrong? What happened?? Padmé could see the tension in his face and hint of sadness in his eyes. He walked with the clean and rehearsed steps of a practiced diplomat, not the typical Bail she knew.

?I received a message from Beru a week ago,? he sat next to her. ?Years ago, when Luke first talk about going to the Imperial Academy, Owen and Beru decided to do what they could to change his mind. Apparently, Luke has his father?s lack of patience. He
    submitted his application last semester without telling anyone. When he was accepted, he left. Taking an Imperial transport. He was gone before sunrise, and left only a note promising to return when he had finished space flight training. He started attending classes yesterday morning on Coruscant.?

Padmé closed her eyes, flighting back tears she looked away. ?I?m sorry, I should have told you sooner.? his voice was calm and apologetic. It helped a little, but knowing that Luke, who seemed to be their last hope, had just begun to follow unknowing into his father?s foot steps was something she was not prepared for.

?I do have some lighter news, possibly,? he said carefully. Padmé looked back up at him and he started to explain. ?There was an incident earlier this afternoon, a businessman escaping Imperials who were chasing him for undisclosed reasons.? He paused and retrieved a handheld holoprojecter from his coat pocket.

?This was taken in the docking by just before the ship escaped.? The holo showed a Wookie standing in front of and man and young woman outside of a ship, neither the man or the woman could be seen behind the Wookie. Until the shooting started then the holo froze at a frame showing her clearly. The resemblance was unmistakable. ?Nailia manged to find her name in the records. Officially she?s listed as ?Leah Sky,? has no birth record and was raised in the Emerson Orphanage, but according to one the officers she goes by ?Leia?. ?

Padmé had always though, Leia was still alive, and that hope still lived. But right now, she couldn't feel it. ?But they left,? she whispered, ?and you don?t know for any of this for sure.?

?No,? he said plainly, ?But I promise you, we are going t find out.? Bail stood. ?I am so sorry about Luke.?

?I wouldn?t write him off just yet,? She looked him strait in the eye.

?Of course not-? he was interrupted by the beeping of his comm. He unclipped the comm from his belt ?Yes?? He paused listening, ?I?ll be right there.? He spoke into it, then turned back to Padmé. ?I?m sorry, this can?t wait. We can talk later if you need to.?

?No it?s alright. Thank you for telling me.?

?Alright,? Bail walked back across the crystal pathways of the garden, to the palace. Leaving Padmé to her memories and the hopes that she still believed in.

[hr]

It was a cold wind. A wind so cold that it made even Mara Jade shiver. She stood hidden in the shadow?s of the back wall to the landing platform, watching the one and only son of a sith Skywalker in a daze of mixed emotions. She knew she really co

21. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Yippee! A new update (even if it lacked H/L :p )

It was a good one, too! Poor Padme. :(

22. CommanderK23

May 4, 2004
    Good stuff! I liked the part with Padmé. I do have a question though... but I'll wait to ask that one till I get a little more info. ;)

Can't wait for more.

23. Starrunner

Dec 29, 2003
    Thank you, both of you.
    I was wrong, it'll be a few day's before the next post.
    But it will have H/L, I promise.

And if you've got a question feel free to ask.

24. CommanderK23

May 4, 2004
    Ack! :eek: What's this doing way down here? :confused: [face_thinking] [face_idea] It deserves much higher!

25. Starrunner

Dec 29, 2003
    Thanks so much!
    The SAT prevented me from posting last week, but next post comming sometime tonight. Which has now become this moring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.