main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Different Type of Magic; (Star Wars/Harry Potter crossover) NJO, HBP AU Finally Updated 12/13!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Point Given , Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smiley_rancor

smiley_rancor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2006
    Lol, loved all your crossed wires... there is going to have to be a lot of explaining...

Maybe Dumbledore will have some ideas... send them to Hogwarts!

Looking forward to the next post.

s_r

2. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    You'll find out what will happen to the X-wings in the next chappie. But put it this way, they're not going to leave Earth so easily.[face_devil]

Haven't read them thought didn't they make a movie of them? How are they? I figured I would name my chapters and this hilarious one just popped into my head so I did it for the other and the prologue.

I remembered the reference to Luke's fave food in some book but couldn't recall exactly what they were. Thank good for Wookiepedia

Poor Jaina:(

Haha! Wait till he gets a load of their lightsabers![face_laugh]

Since Voldie likes the number 7 and each of them would have 7 horcruxes. Damn....

Now imagine if Voldie likes square numbers...[face_mischief]

Nope. If they have a collective consciouness of all their fics, they're going to be sick of Harry Potter and wizards before long

And even if they do somehow get off, they have the Vong to deal with[face_devil]

Added. Glad you enjoy!!!

Added. I'll definitely be updating this fic regularly although I have to find time for my other fic as well.

I love writing all of this confusion, its so fun to have everyone looking blankly at each other!

Stay out of my head s_r!!!:p

Thanks! I'll have it up by Tuesday night at the latest and probably Mon at the earliest. (though if I'm on a roll I may be lucky to get it off tommorow night)

3. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Chapter III: In Which Jacen Solo Channels his Inner Lando Calrissian

Mr. Weasley looked at the two stunned faces. The twins were as pale as ghosts and he noticed Jacen's arm was trembling. Their line of questioning had raised his suspicions and their reaction to his simple answer confirmed it

"So I am correct in assuming you two are not of this planet?"

Jaina finally met his eyes. "Yes."

Instead of looking stunned, as his wife currently was, he positively beamed.

?Amazing!!! So the planes you two were flying are spaceships? You must tell me how they work! What other technology do you have? Can you show me???

This babble continued for some time until Mrs. Weasley snapped back to reality.

?Arthur! I?m sure Jacen and Jaina are very tired and under a lot of stress.?

?Oh, right,? Arthur smiled sheepishly, ?I?m sorry.?

Jaina almost smiled ?It?s alright Mr. Weasley.?

Jacen cut in, ?I?m not sure I understand. Your people have never traveled beyond your solar system, yet you all speak perfect Basic.?

?Basic?? Mrs. Weasley looked confused, ?We?re speaking English, and so are you.?

Jacen looked rather curious ?Interesting?does everyone on this planet speak English??

Arthur answered ?Not everyone on Earth speaks it, although a good number do. Other languages are similar or have similar words.?

?Earth??

?Yes, that is the name of our planet.?

?In Basic, ?earth? is another name for the ground. I think this planet has had previous contact with the galaxy.?

Mr. Weasley had a far away look. ?It must have been a very long time ago. If so, I wish we could have stayed in contact?? The room fell silent

The sounds of footsteps on the stairs interrupted the silence.

In walked one of the most beautiful women that Jacen had ever seen. Long silky blonde hair flowed down to the inviting curves of her back. Her bright azure eyes penetrated Jacen to his very core and her perfect white teeth gleamed.

A kick to his shin woke Jacen from his entrancement. His sister sat smirking in amusement. He had been staring unblinkingly at the woman. Fortunately she had either seemed not to notice or was used to it by now.

?Ah, zo you must be the tweens that Bill was speeking of.? She said in a slightly Kuati accent.

Jaina, feeling that Jacen was in no condition to answer, decided to spare her brother any embarrassment. ?Yes, I?m Jaina Solo and this is my brother Jacen.?

?Ah. My name eez Fleur Delacour.?

She rounded upon the Weasleys.

? ?az Bill returned??

Molly, who had been glaring at Fleur before, now looked worried. ?Not yet.?

All three were now looking at the clock, as if willing Bill?s arrow to move to ?home?.

Jaina leaned over to whisper. ?What is with you and older blonde women??

Jacen flashed her a look of annoyance. ?I do not know what you are talking about.?

She smiled slyly ?So, how is Danni Quee doing??

Jacen?s face burned.

More pounding came down the stairs and the other three presences that Jaina had sensed earlier burst into the kitchen. The first was a tall red-haired boy with freckled scattered across his cheeks. Right behind him was a younger girl who with her red hair was obviously his sister. Both of their appearances seemed to scream ?Weasley!? at the twins. Bringing up the rear was a cute, curly brown-haired girl with bright calculating eyes. Jacen quickly rubbed his face to get rid of his flush.

They stopped short, looking curiously at the two sitting at the table.

The brown haired girl recovered first and stepped forward with her hand extended. ?Hello, my name is Hermione Granger.?

Jacen smiled warmly and took her hand, earning himself a quick frown from the red headed boy. ?I?m Jacen Solo?

?And I?m his sister Jaina.?

The red-haired girl stepped forward. ?I?m Ginny Weasley and this prat,? indicating her older brother who was still looking at Jacen askance, ?is my brother Ron.?

Ron sputtered ??perfectly capable of introducing myself,? he muttered under his breath.

Ginny noticed the adults looking at Bill?s arrow.

4. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    The Kuati accent standing in for the French accent was a cool touch. :)

Loved Mr. Weasley's eagerness to learn about X-Wings! [face_laugh]

Liked the confusion over Basic = English. Nice touch.

Jaina leaned over to whisper. ?What is with you and older blonde women??

Jacen flashed her a look of annoyance. ?I do not know what you are talking about.?

She smiled slyly ?So, how is Danni Quee doing??

Jacen?s face burned.

*snort*

Poor, poor Jacen. Just wait until he finds out that Fleur has that effect on everyone.

?Hey! You guys can use my owl!? Ron called out.

Dumbledore chuckled. ?I do not think they will have much use for your owl Mr. Weasley.?

Not unless Pig has the ability to fly in the vacuum of space. :p

Glad to see some stuff from Coruscant, too.

Great update!

5. Skywalker277

Skywalker277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2007
    oh man that was great!!! Jacen is so flirtatious!! Post again soon!!

Skywalker277

6. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Good chapter. At least the older Jedi know they're safe. I wonder wizard vs Vong, who wins?

7. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    *pictures owl flying through space*

Loved the accent thing.

8. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    lol Great, so erath is now in galaxy or did they fall in a wormhole that connects our galaxies? I think thats more likely..

9. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Nice little baptism by fire for the twins.

10. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Thanks. i always thought Viqi Shesh to have a French accent (she was like Marie Antionette anyway) and Fleur was kind of like her at the begnnining of Book 6

Haha. I think he's going to bounce back from that very soon...

Knowing him he'd just fly into a black hole with all his hyperactivity[face_laugh]

Thanks. I'd been neglecting the others and figured I'd deal with that in the chapter. Next time though you'll be seeing some stuff from Yavin IV and from a Vong fleet

Yep and already incurring the wrath of a certain Weasley boy;) ... Great start Jacen!

Imagine if old Voldy gets thrown into the mix[face_devil]

Thanks! The owls may just be the secret weapon the Republic needs.:p

To make it easier on myself and to speed up the story I've decided to set Earth in the Star Wars Galaxy. (Don't want to have to write about them searching the way for a wormhole and stuff but rather focus on other aspects)

Yep, they already have the physical battle with the Death Eaters and the mental ones in trying to figure out what the kriff they've gotten themselves into[face_laugh]

Next post will be up sometime next week. I'll shoot for Tuesday...maybe.

11. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Managed to finish on time. Hope you enjoy

[b]Chapter IV: In Which Han Becomes the Coolest Dad Ever[/b]

While Jacen and Jaina were busy contacting their family, the others were talking amongst themselves

"So what is this all about, Albus?? Kingsley was asking. ?Where did these children come from??

Dumbledore looked over at the Weasley parents sitting at the kitchen table. ?Did they tell you??

?Yes.? Arthur cleared his throat. ?They told us they were from another planet.?

A stunned silence followed this announcement. Faces turned to one another in astonishment and disbelief. Only Molly Weasley who had already known, and Dumbledore who had an enigmatic grin on his face, did not look surprised.

?But that?s impossible!? Hermione Granger objected. ?They?re completely human and speak English!?

?They called it another name Hermione,? explained Mrs. Weasley, ?Basic.?

?Which is of course an English word,? countered Hermione haughtily

Blue eyes twinkling, Dumbledore answered, ?What if I told you, Miss Granger, that the origins of our language lie in this ?Basic???

?You mean?.??

?It is my hypothesis, based on years of tedious research and tiresome readings of old manuscripts, that survivors of a crash like this one were stranded on Earth many ages ago. Incidentally, some historians say the Roman Empire was overrun by the Germanic tribes so quickly that they must have had a supernatural power, and English is derived from the languages those tribes spoke??

The theory silenced the room. If it was true and space travelers had been responsible for the fall of that ancient empire, Jacen and Jaina might be very powerful indeed.

Dumbledore continued on, his voice very grave.

?A few weeks ago, Professor Trelawney foretold that two twin travelers with ?uncommon magic? would appear on the summer solstice at Loch Ness??

Hermione snorted loudly, disrupting Dumbledore?s narrative.

?Sorry Headmaster,? she said abashedly

?I am aware of Sybill?s deficiencies as a teacher, but I can assure you that hers was a legitimate vision.?

?Unfortunately,? he continued, ?she disappeared just a few days after her prophecy. Since the Death Eaters showed up at Loch Ness as well, it is safe to say she fell into Voldemort?s clutches. We can only hope he does not decide her usefulness is at an end.?

The room grew silent. Hermione, Ron and Ginny in particular were very pale. Even though they had disliked her classes, they had still known her well.

Mr. Weasley took over,

?When Jaina and Jacen came, they crash-landed in two spaceships which were then destroyed in the monster?s rampage. It would appear that they are stuck. Molly and I have agreed that the two can stay with us for the time being.? Ron gave a small groan of disappointment, eyes flickering between Hermione and the far door where the twins had disappeared.

?Thank you Molly.? Dumbledore looked relieved. ?That would be for the best. However when term starts they will be coming to Hogwarts.?

?What???? Everyone in the room stared. ?Are they even magical?? exclaimed Ginny and Hermione simultaneously.

?It doesn?t matter,? Kingsley?s long slow voice drawled, ?Hogwarts is one of the safest places left. If the Death Eaters are looking for the Solos then they should be heavily protected.?

?And that is not all,? Dumbledore continued. He drew out a large stack of papers he had somehow stowed in his cloak.

?This is the registry of all Hogwarts aged wizards in Britain and Ireland. It is a way to keep up with wizard families who move away or to the United Kingdom are magically wiped off or put on the list as soon as they come or leave. And here?? he detached a sheet and pointed at two names, ??are Jacen and Jaina. Their names appeared on the roster as soon as they crash-landed.?

As this new information was sinking in, Jacen and Jaina were walking back towards the Burrow.

?Jaina, I don?t think we should have told Anakin about our problem. He sounded really worried,? Jacen muttered to Jaina.

?Well as long as he do

12. morrison85

May 13, 2005
    hehe, good, writing(and yet I d like if they fell rather in a wormhole... :p)

13. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Very ominious. Great update.

14. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Elan, huh? Once of the few Vong with an actual personality. Nice.

15. Skywalker277

Nov 12, 2007
    That was a really great update!!! I love Han, he's just so cocky. I hope Jaina and Jacen can fair at Hogwarts. Can't wait for more!!

Skywalker277

16. _sticks

_sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    Can I be put on the pm list?

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Had to laugh at Tahiri and Anakin. So, Jaina and Jacen are learning about Earth and magic, eh? Good stuff, good stuff -- liked how you described how Basic and English can be the same thing and how English developed from Basic with the Germanic tribes and everything. Cool. :cool:

Nice update!

18. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Looking forward to Hogwarts.

19. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Haha thanks! No can do on the wormhole though:p

Thanks! We'll see what Vergere is up to soon...

Yeah I always liked her. Shame she was so underused, but since she's alive in this universe and is involved with Vergere I've found some use for her

Thank you! Han is the best to write when he's being all dashing and self-confident. And I hope they do well too. Will be a bit of an adjustment period though![face_laugh]

Added, hope you enjoyed!

Yeah I loved writing Tahiri and Anakin...in better days.

I figured I would use some of my love for history in this fic by giving a basic run down. I know if I were to be stranded on a planet, I'd be excited to find out its history. Thanks for reviewing!

Yeah, I can't wait to write about it:)

I'll update around next Monday or Tuesday since I've been rather busy the past few days and haven't had a chance to write anything

20. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    This one's a little short but I'll have the next chapter up soon

[b]Chapter V: In Which Romantic Tension Finally Makes an Appearance[/b]

The delicious aroma of creamy omelets and crispy sausage meandered its way up the stairs, pausing only to slip under the crack of Jaina?s door.

Jaina awoke hungry, yet rested. She slowly pulled herself out from under her fluffy covers and glanced around.

Hermione and Ginny had already left for the kitchen to help prepare breakfast, but they had allowed her to sleep in. Jaina was thankful for that; the travails of yesterday and the time adjustment had completely exhausted her.

She went to the fresher with its primitive yet oddly comforting appliances and quickly dressed into some robes that Hermione had lent her.

Jaina rushed downstairs, only to behold a wonderful feast. Eggs, pancakes, those odd crushed disks that the Weasleys called waffles; Jaina had not had a meal like this since the Yuuzhan Vong had invaded.

She caught her brother?s eye as she entered the kitchen. He motioned to an empty seat to his left and she gratefully plopped down beside him.

Mr. Weasley asked them many questions over the course of the meal. He was particularly interested in all the ships and freighters that the galaxy had to offer and his wife was barely able to dissuade him from asking Jaina to recount the specs of the Millennium Falcon. He was even more interested at the lightsabers that the twins carried at their sides. A look of childish delight crossed his face when the Solos let him activate their sabers. His eyes were open with awe as he looked up at the emerald and violet blades.

The conversation soon turned to Harry Potter. During Dumbledore?s explanation the day before, he had talked a lot about the boy. Jaina gathered that he was the Earth version of Luke Skywalker; a young man standing against monstrous evil multiple times. In fact, Jaina thought, Uncle Luke was only three years older than Harry when he blew up the Death Star.

Apparently, Harry was to arrive at the Burrow the next morning. Jaina was eager to meet him. Even though she had spent much of her life around heroes, it was always exciting to meet a new one.

Jaina noticed that Ginny was attempting to stifle a grin at this news. Although Jaina had gone to sleep not long after they had gone to the room, she still had time to talk to Hermione and Ginny. She was surprised how easily she had befriended the two. A lot of girl talk had taken place and Jaina had found out about Ginny?s years long fascination with Harry; a fascination that she had attempted to assuage.

Jaina smiled. It would be hard for Ginny to move on if the boy was living under the same roof as her for a month. She wished her own love life was simpler. Between her old friend Zekk and the new fighter pilot Jagged Fel, she didn?t know what to do. She had once relied on her wingmate Anni Capstan to vent to, but she had died at Ithor.

After breakfast, Mrs. Weasley had announced a de-gnoming, which apparently involved the throwing of small, ugly, creatures over a fence. Jacen was naturally horrified. Nevertheless, they both volunteered for the job, even though Molly had stressed that they did not have to.

The twins walked across the dewy grass towards the wild backyard, treasuring a moment in which they could talk in peace.

?So, how is rooming with Ron??

Jacen answered, ?He?s actually rather nice. I went to sleep early but this morning he was showing me around his room and explaining all sorts of magical devices to me. It was quite a change from yesterday, I don?t know why he was so rude earlier, but today he?s fine.?

Jaina smirked inwardly. Her twin was so romantically obtuse.

The previous night during their girl talk, Hermione had asked her a lot of questions. Yet they had all subtly revolved around her brother; his personality, his likes and dislikes, and a prodding question dealing with his relationship status. Ginny had also chimed in on another person of interest to Hermione.

?I just wish Ron

21. green_riddle_monkey

green_riddle_monkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2008
    Cool! Can't wait to see what happens next!

22. Jaina_Solo_Goddess

Jaina_Solo_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2007
    "When he came, maybe Harry Potter could keep the peace" - My initial reaction is yeah, right; he's just going to complicate things. However, I'll let him try. And I loved the twin's different solutions to the de-gnoming process! Jaina's does seem a tad bit more effective, though, even if it is a bit cruel...

I wonder how they're going to be put into houses? It would be rather embarrassing to be sorted with the first-years, or are they just going to automatically be put into Gryffindor? Awesome post!

~Jaina

23. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Degnoming is always fun, isn't it? :p

I'm interested to see how things are going to go once Harry gets there. I'm with JSG, I think he's going to complicate things a little bit. :p

Can't wait for more! :D

~Idri

P.S. Love the chapter title. [face_laugh] How appropriate. :)

24. Skywalker277

Nov 12, 2007
    I don't know why everyone of the Weasley's make a big deal out of de-gnoming. It seems so enjoyable, especially with Jaina and Jacen around.

This was a great post, I can't wait for more!!!

Skywalker277

25. morrison85

May 13, 2005
    lol very cool, Jacen befreinding gnomes ... thats really the right thing for hermione. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.