main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Different Type of Magic; (Star Wars/Harry Potter crossover) NJO, HBP AU. Updated 6/16

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Point Given , May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Due to combination of writer's block, college, work, friends and general apathy regarding fan fiction, I had not updated this story since December of 2008. Now I think I'm ready to take it on again

Disclaimer: I don?t own or am affiliated with (but really wish I was) Lucasfilm, Del Rey, J.K. Rowling the Harry Potter series nor Scholastic Books.

This story will be set just after the events of Dark Tide II: Ruin for Star Wars and just before Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince for the Harry Potter series. This is to emphasize the beginning of both of their wars as well as to match up the protagonists? ages.

The dark times have come again?

The Galaxy has been embroiled in chaos since the invasion of the Yuuzhan Vong. Just weeks ago, the planet of Ithor, long famed for its beauty, was rendered uninhabitable by the treachery of the Vong. Now the 16 year old twin Jedi Knights, Jacen and Jaina Solo, have crashlanded on an island country on a backwater planet without hope for rescue.

Simultaneously another war stirs on this island country. In the country of England, the Dark Lord Voldemort has reappeared and begun a new reign of terror aimed at conquering the wizarding world and the expanding to the Muggle one. The only ones who can stop him are the 16 year old trio of Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger.

Meanwhile, Han, Leia, and Anakin Solo, their kin Luke and Mara Skywalker, and friends desperately search for their lost loved ones, while trying to fight a galactic war against a genocidal enemy.

The consequences from these events will change Earth and the Galaxy forever. But will it be for good or ill?

Dramatis Personae:

Albus Dumbledore; Headmaster of the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (male Human)
    Anakin Solo; Jedi Knight (male Human)
    Bellatrix Lestrange; Death Eater (female Human)
    Bill Weasley; Curse Breaker, Gringotts/Order of the Phoenix (male Human)
    George Weasley; shopowner, Weasley?s Wizard Wheezes
    Ginny Weasley; 5th year student, Hogwarts (female Human)
    Fred Weasley; shopowner, Weasley?s Wizard Wheezes
    Han Solo; captain, Millennium Falcon (male Human)
    Harry Potter; ?Chosen One?, 6th year student, Hogwarts (male Human)
    Hermione Granger, 6th year student, Hogwarts (female Human)
    Jacen Solo; Jedi apprentice (male Human)
    Jaina Solo; Jedi apprentice (female Human)
    Leia Organa Solo; New Republic ambassador, (female Human)
    Luke Skywalker; Jedi Master (male Human)
    Mara Jade Skywalker; Jedi Master (female Human)
    Minerva McGonagall; Transfiguration teacher (female Human)
    Neville Longbottom; 6th year student, Hogwarts (male Human)
    Nom Anor; Executor (male Yuuzhan Vong)
    Nymphadora Tonks, Auror, Order of the Phoenix (female Human
    Remus Lupin; werewolf, Order of the Phoenix (male Human/Werewolf)
    Ron Weasley; 6th year student, Hogwarts (male Human)
    Severus Snape; Defense against the Dark Arts teacher, Hogwarts (male Human)
    Tahiri Veila; Jedi apprentice (female Human)
    Tsavong La; Warmaster (male Yuuzhan Vong)
    Vergere; Allegiance unknown (female Fosh)
    Voldemort; Dark Lord (male Human)

Unlike my other story where I've planned out many things, I have no idea where this one will go. It could end up with Harry Potter Grandmaster of the Jedi Order! Who knows!

The one thing I have planned out is this mini mini mini clip

"With my unparalled mastery of magic and your deep knowledge of this... Force..., we will be unstoppable."

The Fosh squawked an sharp laugh

"Then we are in accord, Lord Voldemort."

First chapter will be up soon!

imperator 277 likes this.
  2. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006

[b]Prologue: Dumbledore Takes a Lake Vacation[/b]

[u]June 21, 1996[/u]

A misty rain washed over the verdant green of the rolling hills. The largest of these hills overlooked the dark frigid waters of a long lake that stretched to the horizon.

On top of this particular hill stood a tall, thin man.

If any normal person had seen Albus Dumbledore, they would have been rooted to the spot in surprise. He had such long silvery hair that it looked as if he could tuck it cleanly into his belt. But it was what he was wearing that really would have attracted attention; deep purple robes adorned with blue moons and green stars.

[i]It is almost time[/i]

Just a fortnight prior, an angry young man named Harry Potter, who had just lost his godfather, had destroyed many valuable possessions of his. And he let him do it. He felt as if he was responsible for the death of Sirius Black and Harry?s grief.

But it was what happened after Harry left which had been most interesting.

Sybil Trelawney had recently been sacked by the temporary head Dolores Umbridge. Naturally, when Dumbledore had returned, she had gone straight to his office to get her old job back.

Dumbledore had been all too willing to acquiesce. He had expected the meeting to be concluded then, but then Professor Trelawney had done something most unexpected

She had sagged in her chair and her eyes had gone glassy. For any other person this would have been a sign of alarm, but Dumbledore had witnessed this behavior from her before, and the resulting prophecy had been world changing.

A ragged gasp escaped her lips as Dumbledore leaned over. In a booming otherworldly voice she had prophesied,

?On the summer solstice where the kelpie slumbers, two far-travelers shall arrive?. The twin travelers will have uncommon magic which will change the fate of the world forever?for good?or for ill?.?

Trelawney had then broken out of her trance and looked as if though nothing had happened.

Dumbledore?s keen mind had deduced the location of the twin travelers; Loch Ness where the world?s largest kelpie, commonly mistaken for a sea monster, resided. So on the summer solstice he had arrived.

But he did not arrive alone.

Professor Trelawney disappeared just two days after her final prediction, an obvious victim of Lord Voldemort?

It was quite obvious that by now Voldemort had the prophecy and had guessed at the location at which these travelers would appear.

So Dumbledore had decided to bring his most trusted allies, The Order of the Phoenix.

Eight of them now prowled the massive loch, eyes and ears open for the twin travelers?and for Death Eaters. These particular eight; Kingsley Shacklebolt, Alastor Moody, Remus Lupin, Nymphadora Tonks, Dumbledore, Arthur Weasley, Dedalus Diggle and the now fully recovered Bill Weasley, were chosen for their fighting prowess and their skill at producing talking Patronuses, which were the only ways of communication over the long sweep of the loch.

The others looked around them, searching the area around them for the travelers. Arthur even looked into the loch as if they would come riding in on the Monster itself.

But only Dumbledore kept his eyes on the sky, trying to flex his blackened and shriveled hand, a wound he had sustained just three days previous

[i]For good?or for ill. Ominous words.[/i]

Dumbledore just hoped that the twin travelers would not turn out to be Fred and George Weasley.

Next chapter will deal with the Solo twins and their chaotic welcome to Earth!

3. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Chapter I: In Which the Solo Twins Take a Slight Detour

The swirling blue of hyperspace was quite a sight to behold. In fact, Jacen Solo had heard stories about how prolonged viewing of the nebulous could drive one into an insane euphoria.

But joy was the last thing on either of the twin's lives.

Just two galactic standard weeks before, the planet of Ithor had been turned into an acidic wasteland by the Yuuzhan Vong. The Vong commander, Sheedo Shai, had dueled Corran Horn with the promise that if he lost the duel, the Vong would retreat.

However, when Shai had been killed, his underling Deign Lan unleashed a devastating bacteria which ate through all living things on Ithor. Even worse, when Lan's ship was destroyed it ignited the atmosphere turning Ithor into one giant firestorm. Billions were killed.

The enormity of the battle numbed the twins. They had heard stories about the destruction of planets, their own mother was forced to watch her own be annihilated, but watching Ithor die like that was too horrifying to put into words.

That war had touched the two on an even more personal level. In the same battle, Jaina had lost her friend and wing-mate Anni Capstan. That loss coupled with the even more agonizing loss of their great friend and protector Chewbacca had driven Jaina to the edges of despair.

Jacen was worried for her. He had always been more stoic than his siblings so that even though he still was grieved by the death of Chewie, he could still move on. But Jaina losing both him and Anni had sent her to an extended period of mourning. Even Anakin was still inconsolable, still blaming himself for the Wookiee?s death.

At least this mission could give them some respite. While Anakin was now on Yavin IV, the twins and their temporary flight, Hardrail Squadron, had been assigned a recon mission to Dantooine in order to get information about the Vong fleet mobilizing there.

It should have been simple. Spend a few hours there evading detection and if they were spotted, jumping right back to the fleet.

Of course, any mission involving the Solo twins is never simple. In fact, they never even made it to Dantooine at all.

Jacen realized that something was wrong only seconds before the ten X-Wings were pulled out of hyperspace.

?What happened???? Hardrail Four shouted out in confusion.

They were on the edge of a massive asteroid belt. Nothing seemed to be around them, yet on their port side was the outline of a small red planet.

Jaina answered in disbelief ?I?don?t know? It?s not on any of the charts.?

They looked out into the vast darkness of space around them, only broken by the grey rocks of the asteroids and the red planet.

However, something seemed odd about one area of space near the largest of the asteroid. It was darker than everything else. Then Jacen noticed that the asteroid was being sucked in closer to it.

It was either a small black hole or a large?.

?DOVIN BASAL!!!!?

Hardrail Squadron took immediate action, scrambling into intercept mode?but with nothing to intercept.

Eyes and sensors scanned the rocky belt around them, but the asteroids were too numerous for either to discern any Yuuzhan Vong ships.

But even the Force could touch asteroid and both the twins felt a large void coming from a group on their starboard.

As if in answer, flaming missiles of rock few at the squadron. The asteroid belt was infested by dozens of coral skippers.

Hardrail Seven, a Rodian named Kavorik and Five, a Devaronian by the name Sires, were both killed in the opening fire. As the skips flew on towards them, Hardrail Four?s X-wing also was burned to a crisp.

With only seven X-wings left against forty coral-skippers, the battle was preordained, even with the presence of two Jedi.

Hardrail was fighting only now to retreat out of the dovin basal?s range to hyperjump to safety. But the rest of the squadron was being picked off one by one. The only reason the Solos were still alive was because of the immature Force meld they had hurriedly entered. They were completely attuned to each other, shooting p

4. Darth_Drachonus

Darth_Drachonus Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2005
    Add me to the list please!

5. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    Add me to the PM list please!! :D

This looks awesome. Really excited for what's to come!!

6. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Added both of you to the PM list, thanks for reading!:)

Chapter II: In Which the Solo Twins Reach a Grim Conclusion

The "house", if Jaina could call it that, was a mishmash of uneven floors, random windows, and crooked doors. To top it off, the building was leaning so heavily to the right it seemed any moment a gust of wind could knock it over.

The twins stared. It was a far cry from their luxurious Coruscant apartment.

"Welcome to my home!" exclaimed the red headed man in slightly accented Basic.

Jaina felt a slight flush of embarrassment climb up her cheeks. "It looks lovely."

"Yeah?? Jacen?s voice trailed off.

?Shall we go inside then??

?Lead the way,? answered Jaina hesitantly.

The man walked on ahead, looking pensive and periodically scanning the skies above. Jaina found herself unconsciously doing the same.

?Jaina, I really don?t know what?s going on,? whispered Jacen hurriedly.

His sister glanced ahead at the ginger man, ?We?re just going to have to trust them. We have to act calm until we can get a transport off of this rock.?

?What about the Yuuzhan Vong? We just can't leave these people to deal with them alone.?

Jaina sighed, ?Remember, they don?t even have a planetary shield. I wouldn?t think they would last long, but you're right, we will have to tell them anyway.?

?There are too many suspicious things here Jaya.? Jacen said, kicking a stone

?I know, why were they right there when we crashed? It could not have been a coincidence?

?Well, they are Force-sensitive," her brother pointed out

?Funnily enough, I?d noticed,? retorted Jaina snarkily ?especially the old one. He had enough power to pass for a Jedi Master.?

?Maybe they foresaw it, they could have had a vision,? offered Jacen.

Jaina pondered, ?If so,? she said slowly, ?then they could have contacted us. If they have the power to see the future, I do not see why they could not have informed us through the Force.?

Jacen whipped his head around quickly ?Maybe they couldn?t?? he answered enigmatically.

Jaina picked up on Jacen?s tone immediately ?Ah?. you mean they're not well trained?.?

?That?s what I?m thinking,? answered Jacen confidently, ?at least not as well as like we have.?

A voice came back on the wind. The red-haired man was calling back to them.

?Hurry up kids, my wife is making pancakes and sausage!?

Pancakes?.and sausage? What the kriff were those?

[i]Ohhh? dustcrepes and nausage. Uncle Luke?s favorite. They must have different names for them.[/i]

Jaina and Jacen sat and munched contentedly on the delicious food. They were seated on the left side of a large table. The red haired man, who introduced himself as Arthur Weasley, sat at the head of the table.

The kitchen was filled with an intoxicating aroma. Despite all the formal banquets the twins had attended and been dragged to, nothing had ever smelled quite wonderful as this.

The cook, a good natured plump middle aged woman by the name of Molly Weasley, had been very kind towards them. However it was getting to be a little too much for Jacen.

She fussed over their flight suits, first remarking on the odd shape of the clothes and then insisting that she lend them her children?s robes. They had agreed to change, but only after they had finally eaten. She had insisted on fattening up because in her words they looked like they had lost a lot of weight. Jacen was slightly irritated by the woman, all the more so because her constant interjections were preventing him from thinking over their predicament. However Jaina secretly liked the woman?s concern. Even if it was a little stifling, Molly was motherly in all the ways that their own mother had tried but never quite been.

She opened her senses and took the house in. It was very messy and full of everything imaginable. Bottles of different colored liquids were strewn throughout the kitchen. A small metal box by the window played a warbily song. The Weasley presences shone in the Force. Jaina idly wondered whether they were aware of their gift. They seemed very determined and respons

7. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    Awesome update :) Hope another one comes soon!

8. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    Awesome! My two favorite stories in one!
    Add me to the pm list, please!
    Cheers,
    DLPP

9. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Added.

Glad to see a good response so far:) Next chapter will be up tomorrow

10. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Chapter III: In Which Jacen Solo Channels his Inner Lando Calrissian

Mr. Weasley looked at the two stunned faces. The twins were as pale as ghosts and he noticed Jacen's arm was trembling. Their line of questioning had originally raised his suspicions and their reaction to his simple answer confirmed it

"So I am correct in assuming you two are not of this planet?" He was surprised he could ask such a world altering question so nonchalantly.

Jaina finally met his eyes. "Yes."

Instead of looking stunned, as his wife currently was, he positively beamed.

?Amazing!!! So the planes you two were flying are spaceships? You must tell me how they work! What other technology do you have? Can you show me it????

This babble continued for some time until Mrs. Weasley snapped back to reality.

?Arthur! I?m sure Jacen and Jaina are very tired and under a lot of stress.?

?Oh, right,? Arthur smiled sheepishly, ?I?m sorry.?

Jaina almost smiled ?It?s alright Mr. Weasley.?

Jacen cut in, ?I?m not sure I understand all of this. You say your people have never traveled beyond your solar system, yet you all speak perfect Basic.?

?Basic?? Mrs. Weasley looked confused, ?We?re speaking English, and so are you.?

Jacen looked rather curious ?Interesting?does everyone on this planet speak this English??

Arthur answered ?Not everyone on Earth speaks it, although a good number do. Other languages are similar or have similar words.?

?Earth??

?Yes, that is the name of our planet.?

?In Basic, ?earth? is another name for the ground." Jacen grew thoughtful. "The only explanation I can think of about why your English uses Basic vocabulary is that this planet has had previous contact with the galaxy.?

Mr. Weasley had a faraway look. ?It must have been a very long time ago. There?s nothing in ours or the Muggle history that says anything like this.?

That word again. ?Excuse me Mr. Weasley, you?ve mentioned them before, but what exactly are Muggles??

?Well they?re humans like you and I, but they don?t have any magic.?

Jaina smiled, ?From what you had said earlier, I was under the impression they were a different species??

?No no no, they are practically the same as us! It?s just that the majority of them don?t have any magic within them, and most unfortunately we are not allowed to associate with them.?

Jacen and Jaina shared a worried glance. Although the Weasleys seemed nice enough, they had not expected to end up on yet another planet with discrimination problems. Hadn?t they been to enough as children?

Mr. Weasley answered as if he could read their mind. ?It?s not that we don?t want to, it?s just that the Muggles don?t really believe in magic anymore. And in the past, they did but it ended up badly. Even though they were ineffective they tried to persecute wizards and witches. And even if they treated us well today, they would deluge us with all their problems, expecting us to fix them.?

?I see,? Jacen frowned thoughtfully. ?But you?re going to have to explain to us what this magic is.?

It was the Weasleys? turn to frown. ?But Dumbledore said that you two were uncommonly powerful in magic,? said Mr Weasley. ?Besides those light sword things you used showed so, I could almost feel the magic coming off of you.?

?That wasn?t magic, that was the Force?, explained Jaina

The male Weasley opened his mouth as if to ask another question, but his wife quickly turned to him. ?Let?s wait until Dumbledore gets here, he can explain it all I imagine.? ?He was the elderly man who saved you?, she explained to the twins.

An awkward silence fell around the table. All four were bursting with questions for each other, but knew it was better to wait for the others to return.

The sounds of footsteps on the stairs interrupted the reverie.
    In walked one of the most beautiful women that Jacen had ever seen. Long silky blonde hair flowed down to the inviting curves of her back. Her bright azure eyes penetrated Jacen to his very core and her perfect white teeth gleamed.

A kick to his shin woke Jacen from his trance. His sister sat smirking in a

11. darkladypurplepencil

Jan 16, 2006
    I love how you manage to blend the characterizations between the two stories. Their reactions to each other are spot on.

Cheers,
    DLPP

12. jedimasterjsa

jedimasterjsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2008
    Great beginning! I don't know what it is about HP/SW crossovers, but I just can't seem to get enough of them. If you're doing a PM list, could you please add me? I can't wait to see where this going. It's also nice to read about Jacen before he was captured by the Vong. (This is before that right? I can't quite remember exactly when that occurred, but it seems to be before. [face_blush] )

Thanks!

13. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006

Thanks! I've been reading a lot of the early NJO along with Half-Blood Prince to help prepare for the fanfic. I'm glad it's being received so positively

Added and thanks! Yeah this takes place before Jacen's capture, back when he was healthy and whole. (Of course we'll see what state he's in at the end of the fic;))

I'll update tomorrow, I'd like to keep a weekly schedule on this fic although I may update sooner if I feel good about the chapter.

14. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Managed to finish on time. Hope you enjoy. For those who are wondering the twins also contacted Anakin and Luke cautioned him as well. I decided to leave it off-screen though

[b]Chapter IV: In Which Han Becomes the Coolest Dad Ever[/b]

While Jacen and Jaina were busy contacting their family, the others were talking amongst themselves

"So what is this all about, Albus?? Kingsley was asking. ?Where did these children come from??

Dumbledore looked over at the Weasley parents sitting at the kitchen table. ?Did they tell you??

?Yes.? Arthur cleared his throat. ?They told us they were from another planet.?

A stunned silence followed this announcement. Faces turned to one another in astonishment and disbelief. Only Molly Weasley who had already known, and Dumbledore who had an enigmatic grin on his face, did not look surprised.

?But that?s impossible!? Hermione Granger objected. ?They?re completely human and speak English!?

?They called it another name Hermione,? explained Mrs. Weasley, ?Basic.?

?Which is of course an English word,? countered Hermione haughtily

Blue eyes twinkling, Dumbledore answered, ?What if I told you, Miss Granger, that the origins of our language lie in this ?Basic???

?You mean?.??

?It is my hypothesis, based on years of tedious research and tiresome readings of old manuscripts, that survivors of a crash like this one were stranded on Earth many ages ago. Incidentally, some historians say the Roman Empire was overrun by the Germanic tribes so quickly that they must have had a supernatural power, and English is derived from the languages those tribes spoke??

The theory silenced the room. If it was true and space travelers had been responsible for the fall of that ancient empire, Jacen and Jaina might be very powerful indeed.

Dumbledore continued on, his voice very grave.

?A few weeks ago, Professor Trelawney foretold that two twin travelers with ?uncommon magic? would appear on the summer solstice at Loch Ness??

Hermione snorted loudly, disrupting Dumbledore?s narrative.

?Sorry Headmaster,? she said abashedly

?I am aware of Sybill?s deficiencies as a teacher, but I can assure you that hers was a legitimate vision.?

?Unfortunately,? he continued, ?she disappeared just a few days after her prophecy. Since the Death Eaters showed up at Loch Ness as well, it is safe to say she fell into Voldemort?s clutches. We can only hope he does not decide her usefulness is at an end.?

The room grew silent. Hermione, Ron and Ginny in particular were very pale. Even though they had disliked her classes, they had still known her well.

Mr. Weasley took over,

?When Jaina and Jacen came, they crash-landed in two spaceships which then sank in the loch. It would appear that they are stuck. Molly and I have agreed that the two can stay with us for the time being.? Ron gave a small groan of disappointment, eyes flickering between Hermione and the far door where the twins had disappeared.

?Thank you Molly.? Dumbledore looked relieved. ?That would be for the best. However when term starts they will be coming to Hogwarts.?

?What???? Everyone in the room stared. ?Are they even magical?? exclaimed Ginny and Hermione simultaneously.

?It doesn?t matter,? Kingsley?s long slow voice drawled, ?Hogwarts is one of the safest places left. If the Death Eaters are looking for the Solos then they should be heavily protected.?

?And that is not all,? Dumbledore continued. He drew out a large stack of papers he had somehow stowed in his cloak.

?This is the registry of all Hogwarts aged wizards in Britain and Ireland. It is a way to keep up with wizard families who move away or to the United Kingdom. They are magically wiped off or put on the list as soon as they leave or come. And here?? he detached a sheet and pointed at two names, ??are Jacen and Jaina. Their names appeared on the roster as soon as they landed.?

As the Order digested this new information, Jacen and Jaina were walking back towards the Burrow.

?Jaina, I don?t think we should have told Anakin about our problem. He sounded really worrie

15. jedimasterjsa

Jan 20, 2008
    Wonderful! I'm glad that Han is taking Anakin and Tahiri along with him. His reasons for doing so were absolutely right. I'm interested in the twins' differing reactions to magic. Already Jacen is thirsting for every ounce of knowledge about the Force.
    Ominous ending indeed! It looks like Jacen won't be safe from Vergere even hidden away on Earth! :eek: [face_worried]

16. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    This one's a little short, more of a brief interlude than anything else

[b]Chapter V: In Which Romantic Tension Finally Makes an Appearance[/b]

The delicious aroma of creamy omelets and crispy sausage meandered its way up the stairs, pausing only to slip under the crack of Jaina?s door.

Jaina awoke hungry, yet rested. She slowly pulled herself out from under her fluffy covers and glanced around.

Hermione and Ginny had already left for the kitchen to help prepare breakfast, but they had allowed her to sleep in. Jaina was thankful for that; the travails of yesterday and the time adjustment had completely exhausted her.

She went to the fresher with its primitive yet oddly comforting appliances and quickly dressed into some robes that Hermione had lent her.

Jaina rushed downstairs, only to behold a wonderful feast. Eggs, pancakes, those odd crushed disks that the Weasleys called waffles; Jaina had not had a meal like this since the Yuuzhan Vong had invaded.

She caught her brother?s eye as she entered the kitchen. He motioned to an empty seat to his left and she gratefully plopped down beside him.

Mr. Weasley asked them many questions over the course of the meal. He was particularly interested in all the ships and freighters that the galaxy had to offer and his wife was barely able to dissuade him from asking Jaina to recount the specs of the Millennium Falcon. He was even more interested at the lightsabers that the twins carried at their sides. A look of childish delight crossed his face when the Solos let him activate their sabers. His eyes were open with awe as he looked up at the emerald and violet blades.

The conversation soon turned to Harry Potter. During Dumbledore?s explanation the day before, he had talked a lot about the boy. Jaina gathered that he was the Earth version of Luke Skywalker; a young man standing against monstrous evil multiple times. In fact, Jaina thought, Uncle Luke was only three years older than Harry when he blew up the Death Star.

Apparently, Harry was to arrive at the Burrow the next morning. Jaina was eager to meet him. Even though she had spent much of her life around heroes, it was always exciting to meet a new one.

Jaina noticed that Ginny was attempting to stifle a grin at this news. Although Jaina had gone to sleep not long after they had gone to the room, she still had time to talk to Hermione and Ginny. She was surprised how easily she had befriended the two. A lot of girl talk had taken place and Jaina had found out about Ginny?s years long fascination with Harry; a fascination that she had attempted to assuage.

Jaina smiled. It would be hard for Ginny to move on if the boy was living under the same roof as her for a month. She wished her own love life was simpler. Between her old friend Zekk and the new fighter pilot Jagged Fel, she didn?t know what to do. She had once relied on her wingmate Anni Capstan to vent to, but she had died at Ithor.

She had to admit to herself that she had felt a bit arrogant when first meeting the Weasleys and Hermione. After all she had been fighting various Imperials and the Yuuzhan Vong for almost half a decade now. But finding out about this Voldemort had been somewhat of a surprise. Even on backwater worlds war was a constant threat, even affecting teenagers.

After breakfast, Mrs. Weasley had announced a de-gnoming, which apparently involved the throwing of small, ugly, creatures over a fence. Jacen was naturally horrified. Nevertheless, they both volunteered for the job, even though Molly had stressed that they did not have to.

The twins walked across the dewy grass towards the wild backyard, treasuring a moment in which they could talk in peace.

?So, how is rooming with Ron??

Jacen answered, ?He?s actually rather nice. I went to sleep early but this morning he was showing me around his room and explaining all sorts of magical devices to me. It was quite a change from yesterday, I don?t know why he was so rude earlier, but today he?s fine.?

Jaina smirked inwardly. Her twin was so romantically obtuse.

The prev

17. jedimasterjsa

Jan 20, 2008
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    Ron's reaction to Jacen is so typical! And I can just imagine Jaina's "de-gnoming technique"!

18. darkladypurplepencil

Jan 16, 2006
    Hey sorry it took me so long to read the new chapter!
    Things are definitely going to get interesting when HP gets there; I can't wait to see the reactions all around. I'm glad you're sticking so closely to the canon or both 'verses, particularly when it comes to romantic relationships.

Cheers,
    DLPP

19. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Thanks, I plan to keep this as canon as possible, but of course the existence of the Solos will change HBP.

Yeah jealous Ron is fun to write. And yeah Jaina is a bit more practical than Jacen[face_laugh]

In Which Heroes Meet Heroes

A rustle of leaves...and then silence.

Jacen's eyes strove to penetrate the murky gloom that had suddenly descended upon him.

A sudden panic overtook him I don't know where I am! He spun on the spot, searching wildly for any familiar sign. Tall massive shapes stood in front of him, reminding him of the wroshyrs long ago on Kashyyyk.

As if in answer to his epiphany, two long shaggy arms grabbed him

Jacen yelped, hand reflexively groping for his lightsaber. But a long lost friendly growl wiped away his fright.

"Chewie!"

It was okay. Everything was okay. Chewbacca was back! That meant there were no Vong! It had all been one very long bad dream...

Jacen buried himself inot the Wookiee's arms, never wanting to let go.

His smiled faltered though, as he looked into his "uncle's" face. Infinitely sad eyes gazed upon him. Jacen was so entranced by the weariness in those great big eyes that he was barely aware that Chewbacca was lifting him up.

"What's wrong Chewie?

A low mournful growl was his answer, but the loud crash above told the real story.

Jacen's first foolish thought was that the sky was falling. Something was rapidly approaching the atmosphere and the sky seemed to be melting away. But to his horror Jacen saw an immense object that was coming down on the doomed planet. If he had not already known what it was, Jacen would be hard pressed to tell that it was a moon; a moon that had been torn out of its orbit by the Yuuzhan Vong dovin basals and sent on a collision course with the Wookiee homeworld.

No...the Vong weren't the bad dream. This was, and now all the death and horror were real once again. He could not even escape it in his own dreams...

Jacen barely registered his flight through the air as Chewbacca threw him onto a suddenly appearing Millennium Falcon. He barely felt his father's strong grip catching him and pulling him onboard.

After all it isn't really my father. He's light-years away, and I'm stranded on a strange planet and... he took a big gulp,

Chewie's still gone...

The ship took off, the moon descended. And with a giant crash it was all gone.

Jacen awoke with a start, bleary eyes focusing on the far corner. A half-dressed Ron lay sprawled on the ground, where he had tripped over his jeans.

"Didn't mean to wake you Jacen," said Ron sheepishly.

"It's alright. I was going to wake up anyway," soothed Jacen.

"Yeah I could tell. You were... kind of thrashing around there a minute ago," smirked Ron.
    Jacen quickly employed one of Uncle Luke's favorite breathing techniques, relaxing slightly. It had only been a couple of days, but he was getting sick of Ron?s condescending tone. It was so effective, the redhead wasn't aware that anything was amiss.

"Just a bad dream. So...what's going on?"

Ron's superior smile quickly turned into a genuine one. "Harry's here! Came at around 3 when we were all asleep. Come on!"

Ah yes...Harry Potter.

Ron had been talking his ear off about Harry since they had started rooming. And Ron being Ron the Jedi picked up on the insinuation that he himself was nothing special compared to the Boy Who Lived, even though he was his first acquaintance from another world.

Nevertheless Jacen was curious about Harry, and looking

20. jedimasterjsa

Jan 20, 2008
    [face_laugh]

But it doesn't sound good that something as big as Ithor just happened. Wonder what it could be?

21. darkladypurplepencil

Jan 16, 2006
    The last line was perfect!!!!

I really love how this story is shaping up!

Cheers,
    DLPP

22. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    This is a great story...do you have a PM list? If you do can I go on it!?

23. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Hey guys, working on the next chapter, should be up in a couple of days.

24. Todca_Muoak

Todca_Muoak Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2010
    I sad I am all caught up!

Please add me to the PM list as well.

Great story so far!

25. green_riddle_monkey

green_riddle_monkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2008
    Could I also be added to the PM list?[face_batting]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.