main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Different View

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jaded, Apr 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mj

mj Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 12, 1998
    *sniff* I'm all choked up... Oh, Jaded, it's just beutiful. Thanks for a wonderful story.

2. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    An ending worthy of the story.

Jaded, this story kept getting better and better as it developed. The emotions never got syrupy and the characters stayed true to themselves.

I hope you write another story soon.

3. TheRealMaraJade

TheRealMaraJade Jedi Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    *snif* ...wonderful ending,Jaded!

TRMJ

http://www.terravista.pt/Copacabana/5274/love.gif

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Sigh!! wonderful story. Great ending.

5. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Jaded...I'm speechless! That was marvelous!! *sigh* Absolutely marvelous!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>you have to remember, there are other force-sensitive people on this rock. I don't think we could hide the disturbance in the force. GOOD one!

6. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    You know Jaded, I say it again, you are a great author. And if you ever being able to write a SW novel in the future, be sure I'll buy it without any doubt that you write it good. This story shows again that you understand and describe the character Mara more and better as some of the SW authors did. Thank you again!! That was great!!

7. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Bravo! Well done. Tell me if you write any more.

8. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    Thank you, everyone! I'm first of glad that I finished it , then I'm glad you guys liked it, and thirdly, I'm glad that I didn't get all mushy and syrupy--ew. I almost had another make out scene, but I restrained myself Those two just can't keep their hands off each other!

Now for a cheap uppers on my part--here it goes...

=jaded=

9. TheB5Fan

TheB5Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 1999
    back to the top, just so others can check this fic out as well hopefully.

10. Hellbore

Hellbore Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2000
    Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. I'm just beginning pre-production on a fan film, but I don't have any hardware/software yet. I've got an idea of the HW I want, but I'm unsure what can do the lightsaber effect. Can it be done in Adobe Premiere or After Effects? Can Photoshop 4 do it? Also, I've heard that Ulead MediaStudio pro can do a good effect. Is this a better choice to Premiere? Can you use both Premiere and MediaStudio to edit the same clips once they've been captured? Do all these products allow you to edit each frame individually? I'd really like some help as I don't want to waste money on the wrong software. Can anyone give me some advice?

11. QBJ

QBJ Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2000
    Yes.

12. Darth Milarc

Darth Milarc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2000
    Photoshop 5.5
    Photoshop can give really good lightsaber
    effects.

3D Studio Max is the king when it comes to 3D animation. I highly recomend it.

DM

13. Hellbore

Jun 3, 2000
    Thanks for the advice. OBJ, your answer was a bit vague. Is that a yes to everything or are you just playing with me?
    I would like some info on the Premiere vs. MediaStudio choice if anyone knows. Also, does 3D studio Max provide full animation capabilities and can it be used to produce highly detailed spaceships and CGI landscapes? And, more importantly, how much does it cost?

14. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    If cost is an issue, it might behoove you to look at both Axogon (for 2D effects like sabers, lasers, etc) and Blender (for 3D animation, ships, and landscapes). Both are free (Blender is free forever, Axogon is free for 7 weeks after which it is $60), so there's nothing to be lost looking at them.
    -Lokmer

15. Jaycen_Kayde

Jaycen_Kayde Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2000
    If you can't afford 3DS Max, and can't understand the blender interface, I recommend looking into Truespace (www.caligari.com). It costs a lot less and is pretty easy to learn, especially if you join the mailing list, where you can get lots of help. TS3 comes free with some magazines, four will cost about $400 and I'm not sure if v5 is out yet. It's worth a try.

16. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaycen_Kayde:
    If you can't afford 3DS Max, and can't understand the blender interface, I recommend looking into Truespace (www.caligari.com). It costs a lot less and is pretty easy to learn, especially if you join the mailing list, where you can get lots of help. TS3 comes free with some magazines, four will cost about $400 and I'm not sure if v5 is out yet. It's worth a try.

I use Truespace 4.3 and it's pretty easy to learn. Version 5 isn't out yet, but probably will be soon. Jaycen, have you used TS for SW fan film stuff? If so can I email you a couple of questions I have?

Thanks

17. Hellbore

Jun 3, 2000
    Cost isn't really a problem, it'll just delay the film. Free software is always good, but quality is most important to me. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to creativity and this will be the first time I could realise one of my stories in action. Simply put, if you've seen the Knight Quest trailers, then you'll know the quality I'm after.
    Oh, and by the way, I live in the UK and I don't know how easy it is to buy things in dollars without having to pay those annoying exchange rate charges.

18. Jaycen_Kayde

Jaycen_Kayde Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darth Venom:
    I use Truespace 4.3 and it's pretty easy to learn. Version 5 isn't out yet, but probably will be soon. Jaycen, have you used TS for SW fan film stuff? If so can I email you a couple of questions I have?

Thanks

Well, I'm no TS expert myself, but I can try to help. Sure, email me anytime. And yes, I am going to use it for my fan film.

JK

19. DarelRex

DarelRex Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2000
    Hellbore--

TFN has a tutorial on using Premiere and Photoshop to do this:
    http://www.theforce.net/theater/software/premiere/rotoscoping/rotoscoping_finley.shtmlwww.theforce.net/theater/software/premiere/rotoscoping/rotoscoping_finley.shtml

I'm going to be making a better tutorial in a couple weeks. It will be more detailed, feature automatic rounding of the blade ends, and look more like the real thing.

20. Darth Milarc

Apr 25, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hellbore:
    .... Also, does 3D studio Max provide full animation capabilities and can it be used to produce highly detailed spaceships and CGI landscapes? And, more importantly, how much does it cost?

3D Studio Max comes at a high price, around $300 but the things you can do with it are endless! Yes, 3D Studio Max provides full animation capabilities and it can provide VERY high detailed spaceships and CGI landscapes. Like I said, 3D Studio Max is the KING of 3D Animating.

Darth Milarc
    Writer/Director/Visual Effects Supervisor
    "Dark Jedi"

21. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darth Milarc:
    3D Studio Max comes at a high price, around $300 but the things you can do with it are endless!...

When things start to go slightly off topic, you'll find me ready to pounce with irrelevant questions/points/witty remarks...

But can someone please tell me the difference between 3D Studio (.3ds) and 3D Studio max (.max)? I may be just getting confused with different formats from the same package, but I can't understand how DM can quote $300 for a package that in the UK retails for thousands of pounds...

I'm looking to switch packages from InfiniD - which was great, but limited in features - and am finding blender just too awkward to use at the moment, so any advice would be very gratefully received...

Darth Milarc, Happy Ninja (BTW did you check out my web site? Are you avoiding my posts I leave for you? ...Are we still friends...? ), Lokmer et al, it's over to you...

Saeed TTC
    AKA The Jedi With No Name

22. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    Well, I don't know how DM got the $300 price (maybe an educational discount?), or maybe it was a case of "oops, forgot the last zero" because last time I checked 3d Studio Max was running close to $3000.00

Oh, and thanks Jaycen, expect an email from me soon

Darth Venom
    Writer/Director
    "Trials of the Jedi"

23. Darth Milarc

Apr 25, 2000
    LOL
    I said 'around', didn't I?

Saeed, what is your website URL?

24. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    Dammit. I even had my credit card ready...

I'd still like to know the reason why you can download meshes in 3ds or max format - explanation, anyone?

Darth Milarc, I've given up telling people what the profile icon above is for, so here's my website URL: http://www.filmsrus.f9.co.ukwww.filmsrus.f9.co.uk

Some weeks ago, Happy Ninja (who apparently lives very close to me) and myself were having a one-to-one on a different thread and was going to check out my site, after which he mysteriously disappeared...(cue Twilight Zone music...). Maybe he left the site not quite so 'Happy' as when he entered it...

Anyway, whilst it's not all SW related, anyone should feel free to visit. Knock yourself out...

Saeed TTC

BTW DM, I looked at your site. It has some very nice pics. Expand on it a little more if you can.

25. Wedge33

Wedge33 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2000
    Okay, between myself, my friends, and my school these are the programs I use:

ULead MediaStudio
    Truespace 4.0
    After Effects 4.0
    Photoshop 5.5

Obviously this list can ring in a hefty price tag, that's why I have to use other people's programs and the school's stuff.

But with all this stuff I've never had much problem doing about anything I need to. These are my favorite programs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.