main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Different Way (AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PrincessofVictory, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessofVictory

PrincessofVictory Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Disclaimer: I don?t own Star Wars
    A/N-Reviews. As always, reviews are welcome. The next chapter should be up soon, I don?t know how soon because I start school on Monday. Critiscm welcome.

A Different Way

Prologue

Anakin Skywalker had a great life. He was the Chosen One, a great Jedi Master on the Council. He was an excellent pilot. His wife, Padme Amidala, was the Senator of Naboo and trusted aid to the Supreme Chancellor, Mon Mothma. His children (a set of twins) were age six, named Luke and Leia, and were Jedi trainees.
    But life hadn?t always been so great before, he used to be a slave, and he had come very, very close to the Dark Side of the Force. Chancellor Palpatine-who had been a father figure to Anakin-turned out to be a Sith Lord, Darth Sidious, who the Jedi had been looking for quite a while.
    Which he revealed quite happily to Anakin, trying to lure him to the Dark Side, believing that the visions of Padme dying he planted in Anakin?s head would make him pledge his loyalty to the Sith, and saying he knew how to stop death. And Anakin told Mace Windu, and then Mace went with three other Jedi to duel with Palpatine. Mace was the only one who made it out alive. Well, actually, Anakin came out with him, but that?s because he went off to save Mace.

He had to choose to save Palpatine-and then Palpatine would tell him the secret to save Padme-or save Windu. He chose to save Mace. For some very odd reason, the dreams started going away after Palpatine was dead. But Mace had promised Anakin (a long with promising Anakin he wouldn?t be thrown out of the Order and he?d be a Master, seeing as he just brought Balance to the Force) that he?d be right there with Anakin was Padme went into labor, and he?d do anything he could to help her if any complications would arise.
    True to his word, Mace, along with Obi-Wan Kenobi (Anakin?s former Master) and the wise Master Yoda, went to the Med Center when Padme went into labor. Seven agonizing hours later, Padme gave birth to Luke Anakin Skywalker and Leia Amidala Skywalker. They were two solemn children who rarely cried. Mace believed that was because of their power with the Force.

The Jedi Order had much changed in the past few years, they were know allowed to love, marry, and know their families. They were still taken to the Temple at a young age, but their families could contact them at any time, and they were allowed to visit each other.

The Skywalker family was no exception, the twins shared an apartment in the Temple with the father, but sometimes the entire family would stay together at Padme?s apartment.

Anakin hadn?t taken a an apprentice, he was waiting to take Luke once he turned seven. Obi-Wan had taken an apprentice a few years ago, not long after Luke and Leia were born, a girl named-well Anakin couldn?t remember her full name-Scout. As for Leia? This utterly confused her father, but she had a strong bond with Mace Windu.

To the disbelief of Anakin, Mace actually had a friendship with his daughter! His daughter! Mace Windu had actually loosened up a tad bit since the Clone Wars ended and the appointment of Mon Mothma to Supreme Chancellor.

But, all in all, Anakin Skywalker had a good life. There wasn?t anything he?d do to change it.

2. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    This is wonderful Princessofvictory! =D= =D=

I feel a great fic coming up... :D [face_dancing]

believing that the visions of Padme dying he planted in Anakin?s head would make him pledge his loyalty to the Sith

wonderful explanation!

and that was so sweet of Mace to say he'd be there. :) :_|

and Mace has a connection with leia!! aww!

and Mon Mothmas chancellor! yay! I always liked her. :D

This is a wonderful AU, and I wish it had turned out like this...

but I really hope you will post more soon!

Please PM me with updates if you can, that'd be great. :) [:D]

3. rb657062

rb657062 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    This cools like a nice start. What happens next??? You've got me wondering...

- Rachel

4. PrincessofVictory

Jun 22, 2005
    Disclaimer: I don?t own Star Wars
    A/N-Reviews. As always, reviews are welcome.

Chapter I
    ?Bonds?

?Daddy! Daddy!? Two little voices yelling jolted Anakin from his daydream, in which his family could be normal for once and have an actual vacation, without being interrupted by something.

?Luke! Leia!? Anakin mimicked his children?s voices, much to their amusement. Luke was standing on the left of his chair, and Leia was on the right. They both had identical expressions of glee on their faces, which made Anakin suspicious in some ways.

He looked at Leia?s brown eyes, so much like her mother?s, and then Luke blue eyes, which were like his own. ?What happened?? he asked slowly.
    ?We just came back from Master Yoda! He?s funny,? Leia said with a giggle. ?We had lunch with him in his quarters, and he starting hitting the server droid with his Gimer stick ?cause the droid said he couldn?t recognize his Swamp Stew as food.? Leia and Luke were giggling now, and Anakin had to suppress a snort of laughter with difficulty. Then something dawned on him. Why were his children dining with Master Yoda?

?Because Master Yoda said we?re powerful enough to become Padawans now and he wanted to talk to us about it.? Leia spoke interrupting Anakin?s thoughts.

?Leia, were you reading into my thoughts again?? Anakin demanded. Leia seemed to have a little gift for that, and it could get quite annoying.

Leia nodded and Anakin sighed. ?I know how you feel Daddy, she does it to me all the time! She even did it to Master Yoda, he says she has to learn to not always do it, or at least not open her mouth every time!? Luke piped up.

Leia put her hands on her hips. ?He didn?t say it like that!? she cried out.

Anakin put his hands up, signaling for peace. ?Master Yoda says you two can become Padawans?? They nodded.

?You, Mommy, Master Windu and me and Luke have to meet with Master Yoda and the Council tonight after the evening meal in the Council chambers.? Luke told him.

?I?m on the Council. And so is Master Windu. Oh, forget it, I don?t want to know what Yoda is up to.? Anakin sighed.

?I have to go tell Master Windu!? Leia went off. There was no escaping the fact that Leia was a Skywalker. Just by looking at her, you could tell. She looked much like a miniature Padme, with her shiny brown hair often just pulled back in a ponytail, and her dark brown eyes. But those eyes often held the same, determined look that was also Anakin?s, whenever she was trying to use the Force. Her Force presence also showed that she was a Skywalker, it was very strong and it just seemed to glow. She had her mother?s diplomatic skills, but her father?s stubbornness. Obi-Wan said that was just what the galaxy needed, another stubborn Skywalker.

As Leia went down the Temple corridors, trying to sense Master Windu as she went down to his quarters. Leia got many hellos as she walked down, but then, she heard, ?Hey, Leia!? and Leia turned around.
    It was Obi-Wan?s Padawan, Tallisibeth Enwandung-Esterhazy also known as
    Scout, who was about twenty, had two previous Masters before Obi-Wan, who had died in the Clone Wars.

Leia ran up to Scout, Scout had been like a big sister to Leia, she had known her throughout her entire life. She gave her a hug. ?Where are you going to, kid?? Leia asked.

?Master Windu, do you know where he?s at?? Leia asked. Scout nodded.

?Yeah, he just went to the Room of A Thousand Fountains, Obi-Wan and I just came from a meeting with him about me taking the Trials, Leia! But I can?t tell you anymore.? She finished.

Leia sighed, she hated it whenever Scout did that! But there was no way she?d get it out of her. She mumbled, ?Thanks, Scout.? and went off. Just as Scout said, she found the great Jedi Master sitting on a bench by one of the fountains. Leia ran over to him. She bowed. ?Master Windu,? she whispered.
    Mace looked up. He had not had aged much, there were no wrinkles on his dark skin, and the creases in his forehead that see

5. JOINME

Jul 25, 2005
    What a great update! =D=

I really enjoyed this! Leia is just adorable. :p

and its nice to see Mace be a little more cheerful and nice.

Scout's an interesting OC, her real named cracked me up. :D

Can't wait for more! :D [face_dancing]

6. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    Ah I like this!! MORE MORE!!

7. Master_Jedi_Singh

Master_Jedi_Singh Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2005
    Found this and it is bloody amazing. Yeah i got to go back to school too tomoz and question is there any sith in this?

8. little_miss_jedi

little_miss_jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2005
    so cute! am loving Leia! she is SOOOO gorgeous in this fic and am loving her connection with Mace.

Scout seems cool. Will we be hearing more about her

PPPLLEEEASSSEEEEE?

9. aldocassidy

aldocassidy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2005
    Great start! Can't wait for more!

10. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    =D= =D= =D= =D= Wonderful work! You have me very intruiged.

11. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    I like your story. I wish that it were the real SW story with Ani/Padme together with the twins.

Please pm me when you update.

12. PrincessofVictory

Jun 22, 2005
    A/N-Sorry, this took awhile.

Chapter II ?Catch Her Before She Falls?

Leia went into the sitting room at her mother?s apartment. Padme sat down next to her and stroked her hair. ?Leia, I?m so proud of you. You?ll be a great Jedi.? Leia smiled at her mother and nodded.
    ?I?m gonna protect the ?Public, Mommy. I?m gonna be a Jedi..? Leia whispered until she fell asleep. Padme smiled at her, and Anakin walked in, carrying Luke who was also fast asleep.
    He smiled, seeing his sleeping daughter. ?Hold on, let me get this one in his bed and then I?ll take her.? Padme nodded.

Anakin left, leaving Padme to her thoughts. Her children would be excellent Jedi, she thought. But very rarely however, did a little voice in her head tell her that perhaps they should?ve given the twins a choice. Many people believed that Leia shouldn?t have been trained as a Jedi, that the father-daughter bond (such a different protection than the father-son bond!) would make Anakin fall back into the dark, but not just a brush like before, but making him fall entirely into the Dark Side. Forever.
    So, Padme, Mon Mothma, Mace and Anakin came up with a little plan to make the public happy or confuse them, whichever. Whenever Leia got older, they would give her the choice of being the Jedi Senator the Senate. She would be the first, so they would have the Chancellor choose. And many of the Senators Padme and Mon would be very amused and pleased to have a Jedi politician in the Senate, and if that certain politician was a Skywalker? Even better.
    Anakin came back in silently and picked up Leia, as quiet as he could possibly be. He was quite strange sometimes.
    After Anakin came back in, Padme?s comm started to buzz. She went up to get it, wondering who was calling. ?Senator Amidala.? she spoke quietly in her ?Politician Voice?.
    ?Padme.? the other voice said warmly. Padme automatically recognized the voice as Mon Mothma?s. ?Please forgive me for calling at such a late hour. But we must speak. Alas, the news is good. For a change.?

?I do not mind that you called, Chancellor. I think of you as one of my best friends.? Padme replied. ?What is your news??

?Well, for one, as you know, my term is almost up. As you also know, it has been asked to change the Constitution so that I could stay Chancellor for as long as I want to. I will not be agreeing to this. It is time someone else took the duty as Chancellor, and the people need a change in government, I believe this to be the best for the Republic. As I recall, you were once put in the same situation when you were Queen. So, I was wondering if you would allow yourself to be put up for nomination.? Mon Mothma finished.

Anakin started laughing. Padme sent a disapproving look at her husband. ?I am afraid not, not with Anakin and the twins. At least at the moment, it would create too much scandal.?

?Ah, yes. They have been made Padawans, have they not?? Mon Mothma stated. Anakin stopped laughing. Padme started.
    ?How did you know that?? Anakin stammered.
    Mon smirked. ?Connections.? then she sighed. ?Do you at least have any nominees??

?What about Bail Organa or Alderaan? Or Garm Bel Ibis of Corellia?? Padme said.
    Anakin laughed. ?Ha. Bail. Rocks. I?d vote for him.?
    Mon Mothma laughed. Padme rolled her eyes. ?Do you see why Anakin wouldn?t be a good political advisor??

Anakin grinned. ?Hey Chancellor, is the Chosen One qualified to run for Chancellor???.

Mace Windu had been invited to Yoda?s chambers to talk. One does not refuse Yoda. So, after Leia left, Mace went to Yoda?s chambers. He hadn?t even knocked when he heard, ?Come in, you shall.?
    Mace rolled his eyes. And he scolded Leia for reading his thoughts. The gnome probably just didn?t like that someone could access his thoughts.
    He walked in. He bowed, ?Yes, Master Yoda??
    ?Speak, we must.? was grunted back to him.
    Mace walked and sat crossed-legged on one of Yoda?s meditating stools. ?About???

?Leia Skywalker, your Padawan is. Strong in the Force, she is. Stronger than Luke, she i

13. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    It wouldn't be shocking if Leia did fall to the Dark Side. Her personality truly fits imo.

14. JOINME

Jul 25, 2005
    Oooh what an interesting twist! :eek:

Could leia possibly turn evil? [face_worried]

I can't wait for the next updates! I really hope Yoda's vision was somehow not true..but this is very very interesting. :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.