main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Disquieting Love...an Obi-Wan Romance...I Dare You Challenge Response

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KELIA, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Title: A Disquieting Love
    Author: Kelia
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Sly Moore, Soontir Fel
    Genre: Extreme AU/Romance
    A/N: This is my response to the I Dare You Challenge. My dare was:
    I want to see a romance between Obi-Wan and Sly Moore - :eek: [face_sick]

The story should include the following:

- The words adventitious, primogeniture and pertinacious - words appear in bold
    - A scene that shows exactly what Sly Moore sees when she looks at Obi-Wan since she doesn't see as humans do
    - No mention of Palpatine in any way shape or form
    - Any other setting except the senate building
    - An ewok Jedi

Bonus points if the authors includes a scene where Obi-Wan is in competition with Soontir Fel for Sly Moore's affections/attentions

Oh, and it has to be mostly serious

Additional A/N: Sly Moore sees in ultraviolet light which primarily means two things. 1) She sees "brightly" in the dark. If anyone watches CSI or any other forensic show, she sees what the CSI would see when they turn off the lights, put on the goggles and turn on the ultraviolet light. And yes, that means every tiny little stain invisible to the human eyes. 2) She does not see the same colors a human would. My research indicates what those colors are would vary, so I took total creative license with it.

When I describe Obi-Wan's appearance, it's only as Sly sees him, not how he actually looks.

Disclaimer: SW and all its characters belong to George Lucas. Also, I, the recipient of someone else's creative mind, apologize in advance for any nausea, disturbing images or other physical maladies this fic may induce. :D

?It?s about time,? Obi-Wan breathed as he heard Anakin?s soft footsteps padding from his bedroom towards the door to their quarters. He knew his wayward padawan was on his way to see Padmé, most likely for the entire night.

Under normal circumstances, Obi-Wan would have no choice but to put an end to the completely inappropriate relationship but with Anakin gone, he was free to follow his own heart, with no one the wiser. And considering the object of his desire, that was a good thing. For Obi-Wan knew on one, not even Master Yoda with all his infinite wisdom would ever understand how he could have fallen so totally and hopelessly in love?with Sly Moore.

Even he didn?t understand it but his passion for the lovely Umbaran was too intense for him to deny. Just thinking of her hauntingly pale skin and piercing gaze had his heart pounding with anticipation of being with her again.

Stopping briefly in front of the small mirror hanging on his bedroom wall, Obi-Wan meticulously combed his hair and beard, determined to look his best for his love. Whistling a soft tune, he quickly exited his quarters.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    ?Where are you going Master Kenobi??

Startled, Obi-Wan glanced down to find the Order?s newest addition, initiate Teebo grinning impishly up at him. Obi-Wan suppressed a sigh. While Teebo was a good Jedi in everyway, the furry ewok was much too curious for his own good.

?Actually, I was on my way to the kitchen for a late night snack,? Obi-Wan answered, feeling a pang of guilt for his lie.

?Can I come?? Teebo?s black eyes lit with excitement. ?I?m hungry too!?

?Why don?t you go ahead and -,?

?Okay!? Teebo shot off at an amazingly high speed for his size.

Obi-Wan couldn?t help but chuckle at his enthusiasm. For such a small being, Teebo had an amazingly big appetite.

?At least I got rid of him,? he thought, happily slipping unobserved through the Temple doors.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    He arrived at Sly?s apartment building a half hour later. Not bothering to contain his eagerness, he ran from the lift, down the empty hallway, stopping short a few inches from her door.

Cocking his head, he searched the Force for clarity. He sen

2. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    Great to see this up!

And I didn't even get sick! :eek:

:p

=D= Great job!

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ?Darling,? Sly pouted, her lashes fluttering. ?You know it isn?t. As the primogeniture in my family, it?s my duty to find a man of stature who can improve my station -,?

?And you think a Jedi Master won?t improve -,?

?We are not free to express our love,? she pointed out.

Obi-Wan?s face fell, his shoulders slumping.

?But,? she began, her slim fingers trailing up and down his chest. ?We are free to enjoy each other tonight.?

She barely noticed Obi-Wan?s elated expression before covering his face with soft kisses.

Warped and twisted! My kind of story! [face_laugh]

=D= Great response to a difficult challenge! =D=

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Oof that was a difficult challenge but it was an enjoyable story.=D==D=

5. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Oh my goodness! You had a tough challenge! I love how you wove in canon lines throughout your fic and you used even last bit of the challenge given you.

Man! I have to give you major props, I sure couldn't have pulled this off.

Well done! =D=

6. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    ?Don?t try to impress Sly with your sorcerer?s ways, Kenobi,? Soontir hissed. ?Your sad devotion to that pathetic religion hasn?t won you her heart or knocked me out of contention -,?

THUNK!

Soontir collapsed to the floor with a dull thud followed by one of Sly?s priceless antique vases.

?I find your lack of faith disturbing,? Obi-Wan mused.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] I love your use of lines from the movies. And you made this Sly and Obi-Wan romance believeable, wonderful response to your dare! =D= =D=

7. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    When I read what the dare was, my first thought was, "Obi-wan and Sly Moore? Gross!"

Then I read the rest of the dare and thought, "Has to be mostly serious? That's impossible!"

I was wrong. You did it.

=D= =D= =D= =D=

I loved how you incorporated the lines from the movies. That was really very funny. But the rest was serious. Your title is appropriate. In spite of my initial adverse reaction to the thought of Kenobi and Moore together, if you should decide to expand on this, I'd be a willing reader. :D

8. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Disturbing? Not in the least! You did a fantastic job with a difficult challenge! Interweaving the movie lines through the dialogue added a nice touch *grin* and you did keep it mostly serious. Sly's vision of Obi-Wan was interesting to see - blue highlights certainly make for a nice touch ;)

Nicely done - bravo! =D=

9. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    OMG...all I can say is that I'll never look at Sly and Obi-Wan the same ever again. [face_laugh]

This was a difficult challenge and I must say I believed that Obi-Wan and Sly really...loved each other. :p

Great post!

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    ?Don?t try to impress Sly with your sorcerer?s ways, Kenobi,? Soontir hissed. ?Your sad devotion to that pathetic religion hasn?t won you her heart or knocked me out of contention -,?

Haha!

?But,? she began, her slim fingers trailing up and down his chest. ?We are free to enjoy each other tonight.?

Smart being! :D :D

11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm here, as promised :D

First, I have to take a moment to laugh at you for entering the challenge: [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

But you did a great job!! Obi-Wan speaking Vader's lines was the best part -- I don't think you followed the "mostly serious" bit :p

Very nice piece!! I laughed, I cried, I lost fifteen pounds . . . er, sorry, I'll stop quoting Colbert :p I really did laugh, though, and enjoyed it very much :D

And sorry, I can't run screaming, it would wake the kids up :p

Great job!! [:D]

12. Falls_the_Shadow

Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    Ultraviolet vision never looked so good. [face_love]

13. SUGARBANTJINN

SUGARBANTJINN Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2007
    I AGREE!! wowzers! [face_hypnotized] lol. and that bit where they quoted from the OT was just great!
    The whole story was awesome! I can't even begin to imagine how I would approach such a task! Kudos!

14. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    BrentusofGath: And I didn't even get sick!

Impressive, most impressive :p

Thanks for checking the story out. :)

VaderLVR64: Warped and twisted! My kind of story!

Glad you were able to enjoy it. I?m still fighting to get the images out of my head :p

earlybird-obi-wan: Oof that was a difficult challenge but it was an enjoyable story

Yes it certainly was [face_tired] [face_tired] I?m glad you liked it :) :)

Jade_Pilot: I love how you wove in canon lines throughout your fic and you used even last bit of the challenge given you.

Thanks [face_blush] [face_blush] I had to break up the romance a bit?I just had to. [face_sick] [face_sick]

Man! I have to give you major props, I sure couldn't have pulled this off.

Awww?.[face_blush] [face_blush] I?m sure you would have done a great job.

LilyHobbitJedi: I love your use of lines from the movies. And you made this Sly and Obi-Wan romance believeable

Thanks so much. I?m glad you enjoyed the use of the movie lines. Here I was worried they wouldn?t fit in!!

I?m glad you found the romance was believable

Alexis_Wingstar: When I read what the dare was, my first thought was, "Obi-wan and Sly Moore? Gross!"

Me too!! :p

I loved how you incorporated the lines from the movies. That was really very funny. But the rest was serious

The humor helped this poor writer actually get through the story?[face_tired] [face_tired]

if you should decide to expand on this, I'd be a willing reader

Force forbid!! But thank you for the compliment. I sincerely appreciate it and I?m glad you liked the story.

Jade_Max: Interweaving the movie lines through the dialogue added a nice touch *grin* and you did keep it mostly serious.

Thank you. Keeping it ?mostly serious? was the most difficult part of the challenge!

Sly's vision of Obi-Wan was interesting to see - blue highlights certainly make for a nice touch

The woman has strange taste, doesn?t she? :p

randomangel22: all I can say is that I'll never look at Sly and Obi-Wan the same ever again

Me either!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I must say I believed that Obi-Wan and Sly really...loved each other

Thank you so much. That was the most difficult part of the challenge for me.

Healer_Leona: ?But,? she began, her slim fingers trailing up and down his chest. ?We are free to enjoy each other tonight.?

Smart being!

I?d say so. I wouldn?t let Obi-Wan leave with a pout either!! =P~ =P~

NYCitygurl:] First, I have to take a moment to laugh at you for entering the challenge

:eek: :eek: Sure, rub it in! :p

Obi-Wan speaking Vader's lines was the best part

I?m glad everyone enjoyed that. I thought it added an unexpected twist.

Very nice piece!! I laughed, I cried, I lost fifteen pounds?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] I?m glad to see it had an impact.

Thanks for checking it out.

Falls_the_Shadow: Ultraviolet vision never looked so good

Yeah, I think Obi-Wan would look good no matter what color hair and eyes he has

Thanks for checking out my little story :)

SUGARBANTJINN: that bit where they quoted from the OT was just great!

Thank you so much! I?m glad you enjoyed it.

15. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Wow, for someone who never talks in the movies, Sly is quite eloquent romantically. I loved Obi-Wan and Teebo.

16. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Oh my! That was very well-written, I must say. =D= Fantastic job, KELIA! Even if the plot was a bit....disturbing. :p
    Obi and Sly? o_O I don't think so. [face_laugh]
    You did manage to make it seem believeable, however, and for that I applaud you. =D=

17. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    ... Sly Moore?? :eek: That's a new one, I must admit. :p And now I'm trying to remember if they're even in a scene together in the movies. Maybe they had stolen glances and private smiles or something. :p

I really liked the beginning where Obi-Wan's actually grateful that his Padawan is sneaking out for romance since it gives him the opportunity to do exactly the same thing. [face_laugh] And that's really interesting about her vision. I never knew she saw things in ultraviolet. I really want to see Obi-Wan with wild blue hair now! :)

18. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    I would have never imagined that it could be done, yet you did it! [face_dancing] =D=

Great job with a difficult challenge!

19. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Oh, well done. I saw where you reposted the dare in the Resource thread and was thinking "How the hell . . ?" But you pulled it off with style. I have to say I don't find the idea all that weird - I mean, she has weird pale skin and no hair, but so has Asajj Ventress and I'm sure I've read convincing Obi/Asajj before . . .

Anyway, before I start talking about every fic but this one :p This was awesome. Novice Teebo was a brilliant touch, and so was the little reference as to where Anakin goes when he's "out of the way". And the vase. [face_laugh]

I loved it. Brilliant work. =D=

20. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    DarthIshtar: Wow, for someone who never talks in the movies, Sly is quite eloquent romantically

Who knew she had it in her? :p

I loved Obi-Wan and Teebo

Thank you. Teebo was fun to write.

Meredith_Kenobi: the plot was a bit....disturbing.

Wasn?t it though? I?m glad I was able to make it believable ? that was quite the challenge, believe me!

Bri_Windstar: Sly Moore?? That's a new one, I must admit.

I certainly never would have come up with it on my own [face_sick] [face_sick]

I really liked the beginning where Obi-Wan's actually grateful that his Padawan is sneaking out for romance

Thank you. I thought that would make a nice twist.

jedidas3: I would have never imagined that it could be done, yet you did it!

Thank you so much [face_blush] [face_blush]

I?m glad you liked it.

JediNemesis: his was awesome. Novice Teebo was a brilliant touch, and so was the little reference as to where Anakin goes when he's "out of the way". And the vase.

Thank you so much. I really tried to keep to the challenge while interjecting a bit of humor. I?m glad you enjoyed the story.

21. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Stepping back, she ran an appreciating gaze from the shinning blue highlights of his hair, to his yellow eyes flashing with possessiveness and over his taunt muscles barely contained beneath his deep maroon robe.

That would be quite a sight!

I would never have even thought of Obi and Sly Moore being together, but you made it work really well. :D Teebo was cute, and the movie lines were a nice touch.

Great job! =D=

22. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Hey hi there.

Wow! What a perfect response to an intricately difficult dare.

As a huge obi fan, i figured the content would disturb me, but it was so well written that my disgust was kept at bay... lol.

And Teebo was priceless.

Thanks for the great read.

~epithree

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.