main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Distant White Shore (Post RotS, AU, Anakin/Padme, Obi-Wan) - COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sara_Kenobi, Oct 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Wow!

This is great, Sara!

Anakin needs some bipolar meds, doesn't he?

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    very very nice Sara I can't wait for more

3. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
  4. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Hey I like this story! I like the way you've changed canon, and it's interesting to see all of Anakin's dark impulses just barely squashed under the survace, to arise at the most inconvenient times - like when he most needs a calm head. Things aren't anywhere near solved yet.

Poor Obi-Wan. Now he's essentially lost two children, and he seems really conflicted about it, but I guess we'll find out more about how this separation effects both Leia and Obi-Wan, because it will be very traumatic for her too.

Great fic :)

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Vader

'Where is she, Beru?"

Beru Lars jumped slightly at the sound of Obi-Wan's voice in the still dark bedroom that the Knight lay bedridden from his injuries from the attack of Anakin upon his arrival to the farm. He hadn't expected Anakin to come out of no where like that, and when Anakin gave his assult, Obi-Wan had frozen on the lone thought that Leia was watching him be attacked by the man that she might one day learn to call father. It was a fact that he himself would never be ready to live with. Specially when he knew in his heart that Anakin hadn't changed at all. He had only returned from the Emperor because he wanted to use his family for Palpatine's gain against the galaxy, and Padme still could only see the man she had married when she looked at Anakin, and no one else. Her naivety would be her undoing one day, and that would leave her Jedi children helpless in their father's grasp. They could not remain with Anakin for any reason.

Beru finished putting away clean robes for him in a wardrobe, and turned to face him with a sad look upon her face. It was then he recalled painfully what had gone on the day before. As much as he wanted it to have been a dream, Padme had in fact taken her children away from this haven, to live at her home with Anakin.

Out in complete open and risk to Palpatine.

"No. She wouldn't have been so foolish. No. She will want me to take them back to Alderaan or Coruscant." He stated in complete denial aloud. He knew it wasn't true, and knew that he was the fool to think mere words could change what Padme had done. She had taken her daughter back from him to live with a murderer of Jedi, and any other living thing that had crossed his path these last several years. Imprisonment had changed nothing, and Anakin Skywalker was still the dark one that all Jedi now feared. Now he only had to prove it to Padme before Palpatine could make his move.

"A woman in love, Ben, is not herself. Padme loves Anakin to the ends of the galaxy, and will never believe him guilty of the crimes the Jedi accuse him of. At least not with her heart. She will not leave him, or allow you to separate the children again. We must let them be, and move on. If not for our sakes, for Luke and Leia."

"I'm the only parent Leia has ever known in her young life. Taking her away from me; how is that going to help her defend herself against the monster that stalks them with every waking thought? He knows that Anakin has the twins now, and is coming for them. How can she not see that he cannot be trusted?" bit Obi-Wan angrily.

"Do you honestly think that Anakin would hurt her, or their children? I know that he has acted not himself these last few years. But I know that he loves her more than his life itself, and those children. Palpatine will not harm them, Ben. You will see."

Obi-Wan sighed darkly, desperately, looking out the window by his bed, helpless at was about to come, and would lose more people that he cared about because of Palpatine's darkness. He firstly lost Anakin, the man who he adored as his own son, and now he would lose the little girl whom he loved as a daughter. He swore to himself that he would love nothing else, if only Leia were returned to him again safely.

The next morning was hard. Padme awakened early, and stood watch over the twins sleeping in their beds. It was so different having them here together. Their sweet little faces were visible over the covers, reminding Padme of when they were new-borns, and slept with the covers tight around their tiny bodies.

This felt like stealing time with something that she had no right too. But she had every right too. Padme was their mother. Obi-Wan had played a great role in their life's in the last few months specially. Luke had lived with Owen and Beru during her capture, and Obi-Wan had assured that Luke was enjoying his time with them upon his arrival.

Something deep inside Padme was angered by the fact that Obi-Wan had arranged a replacement home so fast for her son. It was as if he had it plann

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    More soon! :)

7. Tribun

Tribun Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2003
    So Palpy want Padmè to belive Anakin is a traitor who simply wants to take away the children? I couldn't explain it otherwise.

I hope she won't fall for that cheap trick.

8. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Hmm, Interesting.

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thank you for the replies. More soon! :)

10. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    *slaps anakin* YOU MEANIE!

11. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I knew Anakin couldn't be trusted more soon?

12. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Lol! Thanks, guys! More soon, for sure. I just got back from watching Meet the Fockers at the show. It was so funny! :D And they showed the RotS teaser at the begining of the movie. It made it perfect. :)

13. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    OMG :eek:

More soon, please!

14. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    Most interesting indeed! Ani, come back! Don't trust evil Palpatine! I hope either Obi or Padme can talk some sense into Anakin. Here's looking forward to more soon! :)

15. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    *sigh* Anakin is far too trusting :(

16. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks, guys. More soon. :)

17. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    More coming shortly. I'm off on vacation this coming week. So I'll have more time to write, and update things. :)

18. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000

Escape

'You weren't supposed to come here, Lady Jadell," snapped Anakin darkly, studying the woman carefully as she entered fully into his home. Anakin looked warningly toward Padme before turning his full attention to Jadell. Padme vanished inside the bedroom of the twins.

"Master was concerned at your lack of progress upon bringing your offspring to him. I am here to correct the problem. Let me take them now, Lord Vader, and no one has to be harmed. Your wife will remain safe, and you can stay here with your little beloved, while your children are groomed to take your place at Master's side."

"You will not take my children, Jadell. My son will not live without his mother."

"Then he will not live at all." Jadell smiled, almost seductively. "Step aside, Chosen one."

"Never!"

"Then you leave me no other choices. I will find her, Chosen one. Then she will die."

"No, you will die," Anakin scowled viciously. "Now!" He raised a hand into the air, and Jadell's very breath was ripped from her chest. Her black eyes were wide as she fought to fight off his iron grip on her neck with the Dark forces he had mastered more successfully than anything in his entire life. The power running through him right that instant, gave Anakin the realisation that he did not wish to turn from the Dark Side. Infact, he wished to rip the Dark Side itself away from his master's very grasp for himself.

Bones crunched under the powerful stress, and Jadell lay lifeless at his feet.

Anakin stood there, staring wildly at the floor. Wildly at what he had done, and the fact he had such pleasure from doing it. He had killed again by will of his own temper, and that meant that he was indeed a danger to Padme and the children. He had been a fool to think it would be so easy to close the door on the past. With one swift movement, he gathered the broken body of Jadell into his arms to remove it from his family's home before they learned what happened, and would then leave this place forever.

He would not step foot on Tatooine again.

"Beru, please open up!"

The twins were clinging against their mother's chest, burying their faces against her neck, trying to block the rising winds of the late morning. Neither suspected what was fully going on, only each child bore a fright deep within themselves that told them that danger was afoot, and here they would find safety.

The front door to the Lars home opened up, revealing a tired looking Owen Lars. "Haven't you did enough here, Padme?" growled the man, gruffly. "Beru hasn't been the same since you returned, and took away Luke from us. She cries at night, and thinks that no one hears her. But I hear her, and I know what horrible things that man of yours has done. Get out of here, now! You are not welcome!"

"But someone has come, Owen. A woman. She called Anakin, Lord Vader. I heard her on the other side of the door. That was when I climbed out the window of the bedroom with Leia and Luke. Please, if you do not allow me inside, please allow them." Padme begged. "I need Obi-Wan to take them to safety. Somewhere that Palpatine won't touch them."

"Ben isn't going anywhere, Padme. The injuries Anakin caused were too terrible to heal properly right away. He says there might be hope if he could get to his lots healers. But he won't be going anywhere out here. He can't even stand up on his own."

"But what am I going to do?"

"Come inside." he said.

Jedi Temple, Coruscant, Months earlier

"You want to get out of here, don't you?"

Anakin Skywalker opened his eyes to see Jedi Master Mace Windu, CO-head counsel of the Jedi Order, standing in the door frame of his prison, which was located deep in the gallows of the Temple itself.

"Come to taunt me at Yoda's orders now, Master Windu?" smirked Anakin, not bothering to rise from his place on his bed against the wall. "I know that Yoda would never approve of my getting out. Not after what I've done. And specially 24 hours after he put me inside this place himself. He sealed the door

19. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    More soon! :)

20. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I'm hoping by tonight. :)

21. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    uh oh, more trouble.

22. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Oh I have a bad feeling about this!

And, Happy New Year :)

23. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks, guys. [:D]

24. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Urp... more trouble brewing... :) Yay! Tasty brew!

25. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Oh, dear....bad Anakin...good Anakin...bad Anakin... I'M CONFUSEDED!

Poor Obi. Poor Padme. Poor Twins!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.