Before "A disturbance in the Force." JA apprentice - Obi-Wan -Qui-Gon. - 18th Mar 2013.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Nov 29, 2011.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. EGKenobi Force Ghost

star 3
    My word!!

You've shot Obi-Wan!

I'm really hoping he pulls through, but I trust the author in this instance!

Incredible writing, would love a PM when you update pretty please?

EG
  2. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4

Ok Obi-wan fans, see you in the new forums whenever that is.

obimom
    You know Obi-Wan, always thinking of others.
    Qui-Gon has a way to go and Yoda has no chance.[face_worried]

Update when we move.

charie

I?ve never killed Obi-Wan:_| and I don?t like it when he dies, but life is a mystery.:oops:
    And sometimes heroes die.:_|

earlybird-obi-wan

How much will you pay me not to kill Obi-Wan[face_money_eyes] and yes! a cliff hanger until we move.[face_worried]

Ocelotl_Nesto
    Death is always unexpected:_| and life is never dull in the star wars universe.[face_worried]

Jade_eyes

Thank you and I will keep the tension rolling for awhile.:_|

AzureAngel2

I?m cooking up a serious and deathly encounter.:eek: Who will survive only I know.[face_not_talking]

serendipityaey
    Yes Obi is on deaths door!:eek: You will need faith.[face_praying]

Shira_Adola

I did shoot Obi?o_O well not really, I let one of my characters shoot him.[face_laugh]
    I couldn?t bear to shoot my Obi but I get others to do my dirty work.o_O

EGKenobi
    Yep Obi-Wan is the one who was shot and is on deaths bed and I?m wondering whether you should trust the author in this instance.

I will be updating after we move and a PM will be sent out to you.:D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    Grrr - I missed a post!

Geri, I don't think you could be bribed to kill Obi-Wan. Oh, maybe die and then resuscitated, but dead, cold, stiff - nah. Heck, if Maul can be bisected and gone splat but be alive, Obi-Wan can't die.
  4. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4
    In the world of star wars... Who's to say Dead is Dead.[face_skull]

I saw Maul sliced in two and one bit fell to the right of the melting pit and the other fell to the left.
    So The Clone Wars series is trying to say that Maul didn't die. What did he do his top half crawled over to his bottom half and he sewed himself together!

Anyway getting back to Obi-Wan. I always told Lolly Tolly that I would kill Obi for her in one of my stories, but I don't see her around the boards anymore. I wrote this for her.[face_devil]
  5. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey, Geri - it's been practically a year! Where are you? Should we send out a search party?
    earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  6. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4
    A search party would be good... See if you can find the rest of the words in my story. I know there have been issues, but how long before they will be restored.
    Has it been that long... I suppose i could re-post. I'll think about it.[face_dunno]
  7. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok so here we go again, not sure if I've edited this properly, and I hope this is where we're up too. It has been a long time,
    A Disturbance in the Force.

~Present time.~

It happened so abruptly, one second Master Kain was preventing two men from trying to steal the boxes off the trolley that Obi-Wan was pushing, and the next second a third man was firing a blaster aimed at him.

The echo of blaster fire still resounded through the spaceport and people were ducking for cover as security guards rushed towards the shooter.

Panicked cries were heard “Shooter – shooter stop him - someone has been shot - call for the healers.”

Master Kain registered their cries, but he was concentrating on reaching the victim before he fell to the ground. People were moving out of the way as Master Kain reached out and scooped him into his arms.

“Layback - just relax, help is coming try not to move!”

A porter yelled over the noise of screaming people trying to get away from the area. “Master Kain! I’ve called for the port medic, he is coming now.”

The medic managed to push his way through the crowd and crouched down next to Master Kain. “Is he dead?”

“No, put the oxygen mask over his nose and mouth, he’s having difficulty breathing.”

“Let’s get him onto the stretcher; I’ve called for a shuttle to take him to the medical centre, it will be here in a few moments.” The medic said as they lifted him up.

Master Kain drew on the Force to help him stem the flow of blood seeping through his fingers as he pressed down over the gaping hole in Obi-Wan’s chest.

He sensed the boy’s life force slowly dimming and he feared that he wouldn’t be alive by the time they reached the Medical centre. He couldn’t believe how a simple initiate pick-up had turned into a life and death struggle in just a short time.

The shuttle trip took a few minutes and while the healers connected Obi-Wan to tubes, other healers lifted him from the trolley to another wheeled bed. The look on their faces told Master Kain that they didn’t hold any hope for the boy either. He stood stunned as they rushed the critically injured boy away and he felt his own legs trembling as he tried to comprehend what had just happened…

ooo

He’d stopped the two men from reaching the trolley and drew his sabre. One of the men pulled out a blaster, and master Kain knocked it out of his hand and used the Force to push the other man to the ground. However, he didn’t notice that there was a third thief who’d aimed his blaster at him. A flare spiked through the Force of impending danger, and he lifted his eyes up toward Obi-Wan who was moving to intercept a blaster bolt heading for master Kain.

He could see what was happening, as if in slow motion. An orange streak of fire was slicing its way toward him, but Obi-Wan stepped into its path...

The voice of the healer pulled him from his recollections. “Master Kain, is this one of your boys? He’s losing a considerable amount of blood, what’s his name we need to access his medical records.”

“No, no he’s from the Jedi temple, he just arrived on the shuttle, and I don’t have his records with me they are in my office. His name is Obi-Wan Kenobi I’ll have to contact my office and the Jedi temple. Oh Force! He wasn’t meant to be here! I have to contact the Jedi temple.”

“You’d better come with me to the communication room… What happened to him?”

Master Kain followed the Healer into the room and while he waited to be connected to the temple he explained what happened. He hoped that Master Yoda would answer his call as he didn’t feel like speaking to any of the other council members at this point; not now that the boy was surely going to die.

It would be a needless death and could have been avoided. Why did they send such a talented boy here in the first place? The more he thought about it the more he felt like putting in an official complaint about the whole sordid affair. He was going to make sure that someone from the council came to explain their actions to him.

Tbc…
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Healers keep Obi-Wan alive

or Yoda come to the rescue
    :eek:[face_praying]

Great to see you continuing the story
  9. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Thanks to Valairy for the nudge @};- And great update. =D= I have an idea about when the truncation will be fixed :p as in, :rolleyes: We may all have to repost stuff. :p 8-}
    Last edited by Jade_eyes, Feb 21, 2013
    Valairy Scot likes this.
  10. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks, Geri! Will THIS be the story you kill Obi-Wan? [face_nail_biting] Nah...you can't kill Obi-Wan permanently, just like me. Thank you for the update!
  11. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4
  12. serendipityaey Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh no, no, no! A gaping hole in his chest?? But...poor Obi...

Thanks for the pm
  13. ClaudiaR Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Oh dear, I do hope that Obi is able to recuperate and that jinn gets some sense knocked into him... I think i rather Yoda teach Obi than Qui now
  14. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    It would be a needless death and could have been avoided. Why did they send such a talented boy here in the first place? The more he thought about it the more he felt like putting in an official complaint about the whole sordid affair. He was going to make sure that someone from the council came to explain their actions to him.

Another nice journey with you. I am glad that you are back!
  15. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4
    earlybird-obi-wan : thanks for continuing to read
    Healers have a job ahead of them.:_|
    Jade_eyes : I was waiting for the truncation to be fixed, but thanks to Val I decided to give it a go.
    Valairy_Scot : Thanks Val and Can I or can't I... I can[face_devil][face_nail_biting][face_not_talking]
    serendipitaey: A gaping hole is hard to fix. Some Jedi are not invincibleO:)[face_praying]
    ClaudiaR : Jinn definately needs some sense knocked into him and I'm the one to do it.
    AzureAngel2 : Thank you Nicole, I'm back.

Sorry I posted the next chapter but the spacing was to big, not sure how to fix it so I deleted it. I'll try again tomorrow.
    Last edited by Gkilkenny, Feb 23, 2013
  16. windz Force Ghost

Yay, an update! I've been lurking here for a while hoping for updates. :) Many thanks as well for the reposts!
  17. Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice addition, but you did leave us with a cliff hanger :)
  18. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4
    windz: your lurking has paid off, here comes a post.
    Ocelotl_Nesto : You know me I love cliff hangers.

ooo

A few minutes ago, Master Yoda stated to the council that he would take Obi-Wan as his padawan and he was going to contact the agri-corps administrator Master Kain to inform him.

Unexpectedly a disturbance in the Force had each and every member of the council drawing on the Force to pinpoint the disorder and at the same time Master Windu’s com-link buzzed; startling them all.
    The tremor they felt was overflowing with sadness and they sensed that the call coming in had something to do with the disruption of the peace in the Force.
    Normally, no calls would interrupt a council meeting; with the exception of an emergency and the sense they were getting through the Force told them that it was.

“Master Windu here!”

“This is Padawan Ventra at reception, and I’m sorry to disturb you, but you have an urgent holo-projector transmission from Master Kain on Bandomeer. He says it is most urgent.”

“Please connect the transmission to the holo projector; Padawan.”

The call was transferred and a shimmering image lit up the centre of the circle and drew the attention of the councillors; each one leaning forward in their seats when they saw the grave features of Master Kain. A look of despair etched on his face and Mace could see a dark splatter on the front of Kain’s Tunic.

“Master Kain, are you alright – what has happened?”

“Master Windu, members of the council I am most aggrieved to be the bearer of such terrible news. There has been a violent incident here on Bandomeer and it is with deep sadness that I have to inform you that one of our younglings has been gravely injured.”

“One of our youngling’s Master Kain! Who?” He asked anxiously.

“The latest initiate that you sent to the Agri-corps; Obi-Wan Kenobi.”

There was a sudden sharp intake of breath resounding around the room as Obi-Wan’s name was mentioned and Master Yoda leant back in his chair and closed his eyes.

Mace Windu felt his throat constrict and he swallowed to clear it. “Please tell us what happened, Master Kain?”

“I met Obi-Wan at the shuttle port and we were walking through to the exit, he was pushing a trolley of supplies for me when there was an altercation with some thieves. I was dealing with two of them and I didn’t see a third one who fired his blaster at me, but Obi-Wan stepped in front of it and was hit in the chest by the bolt. I’m at the medical centre now, and at the moment I can still sense his life force, but I’m afraid it is faint.” He spoke quietly and his voice was filled with sadness.

“Young Kenobi stepped into the path of a blaster, what was he thinking, to do that?” Mace asked trying to understand why an initiate would do such a thing.

“I’m not certain of anything yet Master Windu, but I did sense a fair amount of agitation and gloom through the Force when he arrived, and distressing emotions were pouring off Obi-Wan even though he tried valiantly to hide them from me.”

Mace glanced at Yoda who sat deep in meditation, Mace’s his first thought was what has Qui-Gon done! Kain’s voice brought him out of his musing.

“The prognosis from the healers is not good; nevertheless, they’ve taken him to surgery and are endeavouring to save him as I speak. I am truly sorry that I was unable to prevent this from happening and I will give the council a full report. I request that someone from the council comes here to see me and when the time comes, take young Obi-Wan back home to the temple.”

“Yes Master Kain, we’ll send someone immediately. ‘May the force be with you and with Obi-Wan.” Mace said as the holo-projector flickered and then disappeared.

Ooo

At that precise moment Qui-Gon pressed a code on his com-link, he’d felt another disturbance in the Force, and for some inexplicable reason his chest ached. The bones in his arms and legs ached too and he was confused by the sudden anxiety he was feeling and for a fleeting moment he wondered if he was coming down with some illness.
    The holo call connected almost immediately, but he felt uneasy when Master Windu’s image appeared before him instead of Yoda’s.

“Mace, I’m sorry to disturb you, but I was hoping to speak with Master Yoda!”

“Master Yoda is unavailable to speak to you at the moment, Qui-Gon. Where are you?”

Qui-Gon hoped that his terse words to Yoda earlier were not the cause of his refusal to speak to him now.

“I’m on Bandomeer and I wanted to apologise for my rudeness to Master Yoda in our last communication. He was right about me and I felt it was imperative that I inform him that I have come to my senses in the matter of Obi-Wan Kenobi and I do see that he is meant to be my apprentice. I am boarding the agri-corps shuttle at this very moment and I’ve sent a message to the corps administration to inform them that Obi-Wan will be returning with me to the temple.”

Qui-Gon waited for a response, but he was getting the impression that he’d interrupted something important and a feeling of dread rose in him.

“Qui-Gon can you explain to me why you sent Obi-Wan on the shuttle alone in the first place?” Mace inquired.

Qui-Gon could see a strained look on his friends face and he presumed Yoda had already told them about their conversation earlier.

“I have no excuse, and I do regret my foolishness. I made a grievous error and I’m on my way to apologise to Obi-Wan and ask for his forgiveness for treating him the way I did.”

Mace noticed Qui-Gon rubbing his chest. “Qui-Gon, are you in pain? Is there something wrong with you?”

“No, but I do sense a disturbance in the Force and I’ll feel much better after I’ve spoken to Obi-Wan.”

“Qui-Gon, we’ve just received a call from Master Kain…” Mace began, but Qui-Gon interrupted him.

“Yes, I was abrupt with Master Kain as well, and I will apologise to him when I see him. I assume he could sense that Obi-Wan was upset when he arrived and as a consequence of Obi-Wan’s state of mind he’s contacted you. I realise my behaviour towards Obi-Wan was unbecoming that of a Jedi and I’m ashamed of every hurtful word I said. I’ve contacted Master Kain’s office and told them that I will be there shortly, however, Master Kain hasn’t returned from picking Obi-Wan up yet.”

“Qui-Gon that isn’t why he contacted us, there has been a terrible incident at the Agri-corps.”

“An incident; what do you mean, what happened?”

“I’m sorry to have to inform you like this, but Obi-Wan was critically injured a few minutes ago.”

Qui-Gon shifted his position and his hands fell to his side. “Obi-Wan! No, you must be mistaken Mace that’s impossible. I just put him on the shuttle a few minutes ago!”

“I'm not mistaken Qui-Gon! Master Kain said that there was a robbery attempt at the shuttle port by several armed men, and Obi-Wan prevented one of the men from shooting him. Unfortunately, the blast hit Obi-Wan in the chest.”

Qui-Gon was shaking his head, he couldn’t accept what Mace was saying and he felt nauseous. “Mace you’re my friend, and I feel bad enough for my thoughtlessness, but I don’t appreciate your bad taste in humour. My shuttle will be landing in a few moments and I ‘will’ find Obi-Wan safe and well. Now please contact Master Kain and ask him to bring Obi-Wan back to the shuttle port!”

Qui-Gon folded his arms across his chest; he didn’t appreciate being treated this way, even if he knew he deserved to be berated for his lack of judgement. He waited and surprisingly, Master Yoda stepped into the viewing area.

“Master Yoda, thank the Force you’re here, please tell me that this nonsense Master Windu is saying isn’t true?”

“Qui-Gon, true it is that critically injured young Obi-Wan has been. Sense the disturbance in the force you do, know that it is true, you do also. Deny the facts you cannot.”

Qui-Gon’s guilt filled him and a shiver ran up his spine. “I shouldn’t have sent him by himself. It’s my fault.”

“Too late it is to place blame, go to the medical centre immediately you will; be with our youngling during his transition into the flow of the Force, if that is what the Force decrees.”

The image of Qui-Gon flickered, but he didn’t answer Yoda straight away. His face was fixed in a frown and Yoda’s words were too horrible to hear.
    “Master Yoda! Don’t say that the Force would decree that this boy should suffer because of me! I won’t allow it!”

None of the Masters said a word. What could they say, Qui-Gon had refused to accept Obi-Wan time and time again and now he was probably dying.

They all knew he was correct when he said he’d made a mistake, however, it was a mistake with far reaching consequences. They sensed the upheaval and a shift in the Force as his image shimmered before them. The future was in motion and it was changing for the worse.

Qui-Gon’s image shimmered again and an unnatural gaze filled his eyes.

“The shuttle has landed, I’m going and I ‘will’ make him survive.” He said as his image faded away.

Ooo

Master Kain paced back and forth, it had been ten minutes since he’d informed the Council of Obi-Wan’s injuries and the healers hadn’t come out yet to tell him anything. He wondered if he’d been presumptuous in declaring that Obi-Wan was dying. He certainly didn’t want the boy to die, but he’d seen his injury and in his opinion nothing would save Obi-Wan except a miracle, and they were hard to find in this galaxy.

He was startled out of his musings when his com-link made him jump.
    “Master Kain speaking.”

“Master Kain, this is Master Windu, have you received any word on how young Obi-Wan is?”

“No I haven’t heard from the healers yet and I’m hoping that because of the length of time I might be wrong about the seriousness of his injuries. Nevertheless, his life sign is very weak and the injury to his chest was quite extensive.”

“A team of Jedi have left for Bandomeer and will arrive as soon as possible. Master Yoda and Master Gallia are on their way and Master Jinn who is already on Bandomeer should be there in a few minutes. I’ve sent his com number to yours, if you could contact him and explain what is happening.”

‘Yes, I will contact him immediately.”

“I must warn you Master Kain, Master Jinn will be rather upset when he arrives, he has come to the realisation that Obi-Wan was meant to be his padawan and he contacted us a few minutes ago stating that he had changed his mind and was heading to the corps to bring Obi-Wan back with him. He didn’t believe us at first when we told him about his injuries.”

Great! Thought Master Kain, all I need is a boorish and obstinate Jedi Master to make things more difficult than they already are.

Ooo

The healers worked keenly to stabilise Obi-Wan as he lay motionless on the gurney. Tubes were attached to most parts of his body and the healers were franticly searching for a miracle that would save this young boy’s life.

His chest lay open by the healer’s knife and they stitched and joined pieces together. It was an impossible task and one that they expected not to complete. At each beep of the machine monitoring his heart they expected a loud long beep indicating that the battle to save him was over.

He’d lost a great deal of blood and he was still losing blood as they operated. Nevertheless, they worked zealously sewing and binding the vessels together. Even though they believed it was hopeless, they were determined to continue to the very end.

Ooo

Obi-Wan felt at peace and a sense of well being filled him. It was bizarre because he could see that he was floating and yet he wasn’t afraid even though he thought he was high in the clouds and he didn’t know why he would be so calm.

He couldn’t recall what he’d been doing, but he felt like he’d remember soon and he lifted his hand to his face, and wiggled his fingers. They seemed to glow against the misty white clouds that were all around him.

A memory surfaced of a mist like this one; it was a fond memory of a time when he stood on the ledge half way up the tallest waterfall in the temple gardens. The fine mist of the waterfall floated down and little bubbles of water settled on his arms. It had been incredible and very cooling on a hot day. He smiled remembering how much trouble he’d been in when the Crèche Master found him.

He gazed at his arms, but they were dry, and when he waved his hand in the mist it swirled around forming circles. It was an amazing sensation and for some reason he sensed he’d been here before.

He moved through the mist and it parted to reveal a bed below him. There were people standing around it and he stretched his arm out to see if he could touch any of them, but he was too high. He smiled because he felt so happy and he thought it was amusing that he was having this weird dream.

He’d had weird dreams before, but this one attracted his attention because the boy on the bed looked so familiar. He concentrated on the scene and he could see tubes attached to the boy and he wondered if the people were healers.
    Another thought came to mind. Was this a vision that he was supposed to decipher because if it was he didn’t understand anything about it.

He didn’t want to disturb them, but he felt that if he was to figure this out he needed to know what was happening, so he spoke directly to them.

“What does this vision mean?”

He waited, however, the expected response didn’t come from below him and the voice that answered him seemed vaguely familiar, yet he knew not why.”

“You are returning home to us young one.”

Obi-Wan turned and gazed up to the mist, which parted revealing a tall well dressed Jedi. His arms were stretched out toward Obi-Wan in a welcoming manner.

“Home – am I going to the Jedi temple?”

“It’s the temple of the Force and although you have returned long before your time; yes, it is your home.”

Obi-Wan gazed thoughtfully at the master. “Returned before my time - did I? Are you sure?”

“Yes I am sure.”

Obi-Wan looked back down, “I don’t seem to remember why, but I think I was tired and something else…”

“Yes Obi-Wan you were weary and lost in grief; which caused you intense sorrow.”

“How did you know my name? Do I know you?”

“Yes Obi-Wan, you know me very well, and when you have completed the transition you will remember everything and return to your original form.”

“My original form; do you mean old like you?” Obi-Wan asked tentatively and then he realised what he’d said. “I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to be disrespectful.”

The Jedi laughed and it sounded joyous. “Only you could make me laugh so much my friend, you were always the forward one and got me into trouble many times through many millennia. Yes, your original form is just like mine. Grey hair, beard and wrinkles, albeit distinguished ones, but wrinkles nevertheless.”

“You do seem familiar, but I can’t remember why.”

“You and I have lived many lives together throughout time itself; however, in your current form as a child it isn’t clear to you. I am Andur, and I am your guardian and guide in this lifetime.”

“You’re the voice I hear sometimes when I meditate to the Force!”

Andur smiled and moved to be alongside Obi-Wan. Andur was a long dead Jedi from the netherworld of the Force, who through acts of valour had been granted the title Custodian of the living by the Force. Obi-Wan in his original form was also a custodian of the living.

However, this was the first time that his friend had returned to the Force as a child. Their connection in the flow spanned a thousand generations and as Jedi brothers they’d fought and died together in several wars including the great hyperspace war.

Both of them had lived full lives through the generations and their selfless actions had assured them a place in the flow to serve the Force as it saw fit.
    Andur gazed deep into his friend’s eyes, and they were full of innocence and also despair.

“You are troubled young one.”

“Master Andur, you said that I was grieving, is it because of that boy down there that I’m sad?”

“Yes, they are trying to save him, but he lost the will to live.”

“His heart is broken, I sense it. Do I know him?”

“That is you my child.”

“Oh…, I thought it might be; something happened to me didn’t it?”

“Yes, Obi-Wan, you were consumed by your own grief and you closed your connection to the force and didn’t heed my warnings.”

“I shouldn’t have done that I’m sorry, I was confused, but I did sense a disturbance and I thought that I had to save Master Kain, because it wasn’t his time either.”

“You have nothing to be sorry for my child, your heart is pure and it’s in your character to put others before yourself and you’re right it isn’t Master Kain’s time to return to us.”

Obi-Wan looked down at his body below him. Healers were agitated and were hurriedly passing instruments to one another. He could feel intense anxiety from them and he turned back to Andur.

“Why are they so upset, don’t they know that I’m alright up here with you?”

“No Obi-Wan, they don’t know how you feel they can’t see you up here. They can only see your body and they are doing everything within their power to keep you from joining the Force.”

“But I’m here with you, so I have joined the Force haven’t I?”

“No, you haven’t completed the transition yet, you are holding on.”

“Oh! I remember now, I was being sent to the Agri-corps because I failed to become an apprentice and Master Jinn was my last hope to fulfill my destiny. He was so angry with me… What did I do that made him dislike me so much?”

“It wasn’t your doing Obi-Wan, Master Jinn’s destiny was being determined by his perceived failures and the anger he held close to his heart prevented him from listening to the wisdom that the Force tried to instil in him; instead he listened to those voices that wanted to drag him into the darkness.”

Obi-Wan lowered his head in shame. “Master Yoda said that I would be a Jedi, and I felt drawn to Master Jinn, but he was angry and I wanted to help him find peace, but nothing I did or said made him see me as a worthy apprentice. He pushed me away and he said that I was destined to turn to the darkness. I wouldn’t do that I know it, but I couldn’t make him see that and now I’ve failed to save him and I’ve failed the Force too.”

“Obi-Wan you mustn’t dwell on Master Jinn, you’re just a child and you were provoked beyond your comprehension. Influences outside your control conspired against the union between you two. The Force spoke to him on many occasions, but he refused to listen. He used his power to hurt you when he should have used it to see you. There is goodness in the galaxy and he only had to centre himself and look beyond his own perceived misery to see it. It was there in front of him all the time - it was you.”

“I can’t help thinking about him it – it’s my fault and now he’s lost too, I can't leave him I have to help him.” Obi-Wan said resting his chin it on his knees.

“He must find his own way to enlightenment Obi-Wan, you did everything you could to show him the way.”

"No!"

Andur had never felt such sadness in his friend before and he rested his hand on Obi-Wan’s head and the mist surrounded them.

tbc.[face_devil]
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    So will Obi-Wan get the choice to move on or go back? I suspect he will.
  20. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Great conversations and admissions of regret/remorse. =D= Eagerly awaiting everyone's moment of choice. :)
  21. jacen200015 Force Ghost

star 4
    Is Andur destined to return to the living as Anakin?
  22. ClaudiaR Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I am very intrigued with this chapter and I do believe Andur will return as Anakin which makes his descent into the Dark Side even more hideous.

We shall eagerly await what happened and honestly since Qui left Obi so depressed he stepped in front of bolt without trying to deflect it I am really not sure he is the right choice to teach him… even if he appears to have somewhat come to his senses his behavior is still a great obstacle since he showed basically no sympathy or compassion for the boy who would be unable to live his dream and had been cast aside from the only home he had known, from friends and the world of them temple into the harsh realities of the world…

I do hope Obi, if he come back, gets to hear apologies from not only Jinn, but from Yoda as well since the plan had its origin with him.
  23. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Let Obi-Wan go back and let Andur help him as the friend he is. ANd let Qui-Gon be there as the master for him.
    An excellent chapter
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  24. ClaudiaR Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I forgot to say that I really would love if you added me to your PM list!
  25. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    “My original form; do you mean old like you?” Obi-Wan asked tentatively and then he realised what he’d said. “I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to be disrespectful.”

The Jedi laughed and it sounded joyous. “Only you could make me laugh so much my friend, you were always the forward one and got me into trouble many times through many millennia. Yes, your original form is just like mine. Grey hair, beard and wrinkles, albeit distinguished ones, but wrinkles nevertheless.”

“You do seem familiar, but I can’t remember why.”

“You and I have lived many lives together throughout time itself; however, in your current form as a child it isn’t clear to you. I am Andur, and I am your guardian and guide in this lifetime.”

“You’re the voice I hear sometimes when I meditate to the Force!”

Andur smiled and moved to be alongside Obi-Wan. Andur was a long dead Jedi from the netherworld of the Force, who through acts of valour had been granted the title Custodian of the living by the Force. Obi-Wan in his original form was also a custodian of the living.

However, this was the first time that his friend had returned to the Force as a child. Their connection in the flow spanned a thousand generations and as Jedi brothers they’d fought and died together in several wars including the great hyperspace war.

Both of them had lived full lives through the generations and their selfless actions had assured them a place in the flow to serve the Force as it saw fit.
    Andur gazed deep into his friend’s eyes, and they were full of innocence and also despair.

“You are troubled young one.”

Interesting that you have the concept of re-birth in your story. I am getting more excited with each word that I read. @};-
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade