main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST A disturbance in the force...

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by natureboy76, Dec 28, 2015.

1. natureboy76

natureboy76 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
    Not much thought was given to all the planets destroyed by the super duper deathstar following the attack and that leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth....I loved the film and this isn't meant as a complaint. It got me to thinking...maybe Luke felt a great disturbance in the force much like Obi did in ANH when Alderaan was destroyed and that added to the weathered expression he has when Rey finds him on the island. So many billions of lives wiped out at once...Do you think they will explore this in the following films?

2. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    Good observation. I think so. There really shouldn't be that much humor in the next two movies given what has happened. I expect the story get a little darker from here on out.

3. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Yes. I think that it will have affected Luke. It probably added to his guilt for being in exile, knowing that maybe he could have done something. Perhaps he got a bit of a wake-up call or an "awakening" from sensing this disaster as well. I'd like to see a scene where he says that he won't let another planet fall to the First Order again.

4. ramathorn1982

ramathorn1982 Jedi Padawan

Dec 22, 2015
    I just made a post alluding to this in another thread. I think Snoke is sending Luke a message...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Episode Swag likes this.
  5. GeneralOrgana

GeneralOrgana Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 24, 2015
    Supposedly in the novelization there's a line about Leia feeling the deaths of the people on those planets.

But yeah, it was kind of brushed off the in the movie, I thought. The aftermath anyway - because right after that happens they come and start battling the main characters, so it distracted from it.

6. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    There was audio of people screaming just as they cut to Finn looking up and seeing the 'new" stars in the sky - it seemed that he also felt something in the Force.

Also: agree that Luke most definitely must have felt something (not to mention the pain of feeling Han's death and Bens final steps to the darkness) - never thought about Snoke using such an event to almost taunt Luke, but it does make perfect sense. Almost poetic ...

7. JDN21

JDN21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    I don't think it was brushed over. There were more immediate events going on and having scenes of people moping around would have slowed the pace. I made mention in the Hamill thread that Luke looked gutted at the end of the movie, with the destruction of those planets being one of many reasons for this.

Episode Swag and Lulu Mars like this.
  8. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    So much weight on his shoulders... This episode might be the saddest of them all.

9. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I suspect not.