main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "A Dollop of Jade", UDC5 - Week 17 up on 10/08/10!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mira_Jade , May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    from heartwrenching to sweet mush. Loved them all=D=

2. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Island: I'm not sure what to say about this, but... Jag's sense of unease is well displayed.

Survival: Yes. I wouldn't be thinking all that positively face first in a snowbank, either...

Lost: Hmmm...

Other & Flashback: I think Shawnkyr just grew on me... Awwwwww...

Week Three: Loved this look at Jaina's darkside journey. It wasn't just about Jaina and her pain... Anakin's loss was a shared pain. (And who dragged Jaina back from the precipice? The men in her life.)

Week Four: The sadness of the journey and moving on... or trying to. [:D] for a very moving set.

Good drabbles. :)

3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    :( Leia going through the items they saved from Coruscant

Ooo, red heels. Fun. [face_mischief]

Lovely responses. =D=

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Gah! Behind again . . .

Replies and then we'll see about the whole getting back on track thing. [face_laugh]

Jade_eyes: I'm glad that you enjoyed them! :D

earlybird
    : They kinda did go all over the place, didn't they? I'm glad that you enjoyed them! :)

Daena: It's good to have you here! I am glad that you liked these. [:D]

FelsGoddess: Oh yes, very fun. [face_mischeief]

~MJ @};-

5. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    A double post, for all of those who waited so patiently. :p

Week Five: ?the first time I sunk like a stone in you?

021. Super

Jaina Solo's first kiss was his as well.

Zekk was only ten, meeting her after one of the fancy thing-a-ma-jigs that her mother hosted. Unfortunately, their corner was already taken by a couple engaged in a fierce liplock. He scrunched up his face upon looking at them, while Jaina looked thoughtful.

When she reached over to clumsily press her lips against his he responded with a ridiculous squawk of noise.

?What was that?!? he demanded.

?A kiss,? she sounded so calm, ?I figured that there had to be something to it.?

He gagged a little.

? . . . so, how was I??

?Super,? he mumbled, brushing angrily at his lips.

022. Bat

The first time Leia lets Han kiss her, a part of her thinks that it's a long time coming.

Oddly enough, she goes from thinking how much she'd really like a bat for his thick, thick skull, to admiring the way his hands fit over hers. Grease and chills and trembles - all hers - mixing with the strong strength of his, until it was only natural for her to catch his banter on her lips, on her tongue.

He tastes like something completely foreign, spicy and so achingly hers that she wants to spend forever figuring out just what it was.

023. Wonder

For Jaina Solo, this moment was a long time in coming.

Now that it was here, it was warm in her hands; trembling from the exhortations of her labor, but steady and strong still. Her eyes were filling, while next to her her husband peaked into the bundle in her arms with something like wonder on her face.

?She's perfect,? Jag breathed.

She could only nod as she pressed her lips against newborn skin, inhaling the scent of new life as her daughter turned into her hold.

024. Hawk

At thirteen Mara Jade received her first kiss from her tutor's son. It had been quick and fleeting, and in the end she didn't see what all the fuss was about.

At sixteen she tried the whole kissing thing again with a Royal Guard in training. That experience was warm, all goosebumps and curious hands . . . In the end she thinks she understands. Kinda, anyway.

At eighteen she used love as a weapon, getting into the inner rooms of the Kaomiin Senator. That experience was cold; guilt on her tongue and a dead man's hands on her skin in the name of crown and servitude . . .

025. Lantern

. . . It wasn't until years later that she tasted a kiss that she was determined to be only hers for the rest of her days.

She was far from lovely in that moment ? water made her hair cling to her neck in thick clumps of tangled red, and her flightsuit was the same from days before when she had first crashed on Nirauan. And yet, none of that seemed to mater to him as he pulled her close, and kissed her as if she were his entire world.

Which, just one proposal's proof ago . . . she was.

As he was hers . . . her light in the dark.

[b][u]Week Six[/b]: [i]? . . . just to let me run my fingers through?[/i][/u]

[b]026. Black[/b]

Her fingers were pink and torn as she reached up to rub gently at her temples. But steady, always steady. She held her head under the faucet, letting the water run until the black from her disguise coated her fingers in inky swirls, leaving staining fingerprints on the glossy surface of the sink before the water cleared it away. Gently, she coaxed the color away, and looked at the red that hung between her fingers with tired eyes.

There was a voice from the door, fond and knowing as always, ?And to think that I was starting to like the black on you.?

[b]027. Blonde[/b]

They were following her again.

To a point she could understand, if not empathize with the bleach-blonde-bubblegum-popping reporter's angle on her. She was a story to them, and a good story at that ? the Imperial Assassin meets Jedi Hero and lives happily ever after. The only thing more appealing to t

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Week 5:

Bat and Wonder -- sweetness!!
    Lantern -- melts!!!!

Week Six -- I loved this and the whole implication that Luke and Mara grew old and satisfied with days together.

Your stuff is always worth the wait.

Never fails.

[face_love]

It's just hard to wait LOL :* because I know how good it will be! [face_dancing]

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved all the peeks in Mara and Luke's life.

Growing old together[face_love]

8. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    021. Super[face_laugh] That's cute.
    023. Wonder Awwww [face_love]
    Awww, all the Mara and Luke.

?Mrs. Skywalker, is it true that you aren't really a natural red?? [face_laugh]

Lovely pieces.

9. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    016. Smart
    that?s heartbreaking :( *sniffs*

017. 99
    :_|

018. Chief
    those are really depressing few words :(
    I not liked the passing of Anakin Solo *sniffs*

019. Agent
    the loss makes that ... it glues the family tighter together

020. Shoe
    that?s a sweet one :D

021. Super
    LOL cute

022. Bat
    lovely ...

023. Wonder
    [face_love]

024. Hawk
    that?s certainly no fun at all

025. Lantern
    who would have guessed it to be a farmboy? ;)

026. Black
    lol

027. Blonde
    ROFLMAO!!!
    that?s a very blonde question [face_laugh]

028. Red
    the only being in the room that is worth being stared at ;)

029. Brown
    [face_laugh] the first line made me laugh [face_laugh]
    ROFL

030. Bald
    don?t worry farmboy about your hair :p

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Thanks for all of the super replies! You guys all rock!!

And with this set I am still two weeks behind. Gah, but where does time fly away too? [face_thinking]

[u]
    [b]Week Seven[/b]: [i]?stronger than the sword[/i]?[/u]

[b]031. Iron[/b]

Luke held his father's lightsaber for the first time with trembling hands. The hilt was heavy in his hold, the iron smooth and warm from the light it exuded. The blue shone even brighter than the dessert light that filtered into the hovel. There was an energy that sparkled and snapped around the humming blade, an energy that he could feel move in time with the energy that seemed to pulse right past his fingertips, at the edge of his vision . . .

He gave the lightsaber a curious swing, and imagined that he could feel his father right there holding it with him.

[b]032. Challenge[/b]

Mara Jade looked down at the saber in her hand with curious eyes. At first glance, the weapon was simple; unassuming. Merely a smooth handle with a child's craftsmanship etched into the handle under the watchful eyes of a Master . . . She waited until Luke left to thumb the saber on, and watched as the brilliant blue of the blade sprung into life, illuminating the shadows that had fallen with Coruscant's night.

Luke's gift to her represented a challenge, she knew. And it was one that she fully expected taking him up on.

[b]033. Stadium[/b]

When tasked with building her lightsaber, she had not put her all into the construction of it. A warrior's worth was not the strength of her weapon, but the strength of the arm wielding it . . . and thus her final product had not the craftsmanship it should have had. And she had payed the price sparring for the first with her faulty blade.

Now . . . what was a warrior without an arm to even wield a weapon?

Narrowing silver eyes, Tenel Ka stared down at the materials before her, and slowly set to work to build a weapon worthy of being wielded.

[b]034. Chairmen[/b]

?Left, and right . . . then lunge, and feint . . .?

?Left, and right . . . weight off of your right foot, Solo, I could have taken you down with one swipe.?

Rolling her eyes, Jaina shot her Aunt an indignant glance. ?My footing wasn't that bad!? she protested.

Mara raised a brow as she chanted, ?Left, and right, and -? there was the sound of a body hitting the training mats as Mara leveled her niece with two sure strokes of her saber.

?I said watch your footing, Solo,? Mara chided, eyes amused.

Her cheeks flushing red, Jaina let her aunt give her a hand up.

[b]035. Chef[/b]

?You know, you don't have to do that.?

A raised blonde brow, and then Luke flung his saber towards the jungle canopy. He flicked his finger to the left and then to the right, and then a piece a Mujia fruit fell in perfectly cut slices into her outstretched hand.

Mara looked at the singed piece of fruit in her hand with a raised brow. ?Yes, Skywalker, you are a man of many talents,? she drawled, taking a long bite.

Luke's eyes sparkled as he leaned down to kiss her, tasting the fruit on her lips. ?And don't you know it.?

[b]~MJ[/b] [face_rose]

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Marvy update. =D= Liked Iron and Chef the best. :D

12. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Wonderful job !!

Loved Chef and Chairmen the best, especially chairman, could totally see Mara doing that. [face_love] [face_laugh]

13. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Great drabbles! I love how you have a theme tying them all together each week. Can't pick a favorite, it's a tie among Iron, Challenge, and Stadium.

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    And for week eight, I am revisiting a near and dear OC of mine from my Diary "Fragile Things." For anyone who remembers Scotlyn and Kyp, I welcome you back - for anyone new, you should be able to pick up where they left off. [face_love]

[u][b]Week Eight[/b]: [i]?moments in a future glimpsed?[/i][/u]

[b]036. Ducks[/b]

?Is this really needed??

?Oh, come on you big baby, just hold still.?

?I would be holding still, if you weren't trying to [i]blind[/i] me,? came the terse reaction.

Scotlyn Cray Durron rolled her eyes before propping one hand on her hip. ?It look like someone already beat me to that,? she muttered as she inspected the swollen flesh around her husband's eye. ?So, what did you say attacked you again??

Mumbling reached her ears.

Scotlyn blinked. ?A [i]duck[/i] did this??

Scowling, Kyp took the icepack from her hands when it became clear she wasn't going to stop laughing anytime soon.

[b]037. Money[/b]

?I'd bet you every cred I own that those monsters are still out here.?

?Hush you,? she soothed Kyp in a condescending tone, not wanting to ruin the moment. It was evening on Krontos, and she and he only had a week off from Ossus to visit her family. The permanent fall tones of the trees in the foothills where her sister lived were glorious in the light of the setting sun. The light glinted off of the lake and the two children who played angelically in it.

Her sister's kids . . . playing with the ducks . . .

Scotlyn couldn't resist. ?[i]Those[/i] monsters, dear??

[b]038. Uncle[/b]

Later that evening she watched from the window while Kyp roughhoused with her niece and her nephew. What turned into the two ganging up to duck Kyp in the lake with the 'feathered hellions' turned into a lesson in hand-to-hand combat which her sister would be sure to chew him out for.

Wickedly, Scotlyn looked forward to that, even as she helped Chelsea prepare dinner.

?He's a natural with them, you know,? Chelsea remarked. ?The kids clamor for Uncle Kyp as soon as he's gone.?

Scotlyn grinned softly as she watched the trio interact, something far away entering her eyes.

[b]039. Gizmo[/b]

?So, you press here, and then turn here??

?No, you press [i]there[/i], and then step into it like [i]this[/i].?

?Oh, I see.?

Kyp's brow was furrowed in determination as he tried to operate the simple holoreality game. He tapped on the visor he wore that held him inside the virtual world, a curse slipping his mouth.

The child rolled his eyes. ?Seriously, it's a Jedi role-play game, and you can't get it right??

?This gizmo is ridiculous,? Kyp muttered, swinging his lightsaber prop clumsily. ?It's more difficult than real life.?

Scotlyn snorted, ?Careful, you're starting to show your age, Durron.?

[b]040. Tales[/b]

Later that night she found her husband in her niece's room. He had fallen asleep with Katalyn in the rocking chair, the book from where he was reading a bedtime story still propped open on his knee as the two snored gently in perfect tandem.

Scotlyn leaned against the door, and watched them until her mother stopped to see what had caught her attention. When Agomé grinned and teasingly asked about grandchildren, Scotlyn rolled her eyes, amused.

And when Agomé walked back down the hall, Scotlyn let her hands fall to her still flat stomach, and grinned with thoughts of the future she'd already started.

[b]~MJ[/b] [face_rose]

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent post!!!

Lovely to see Kyp with Scotlyn and her endless teasing :*

16. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Gizmo [face_laugh]

Great drabbles!

17. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I remember Scotlyn! And I remember loving her and she's back!

So Kyp got attacked by a duck, huh? [face_laugh]
    How embarassing. I'd have laughed my butt off, too.

And that last set...[face_love]

=D=

18. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    lovely :D

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I'm catching up, I swear I am. :oops:

Get back to replies next time around - just thank-you everyone for taking the time to leaveyour thoughts! You are all amazing. [:D]

[u][b]Week Nine:[/b] [i]?And I Shall Call You My Guiding Light?[/i][/u]

[b]041. Murder[/b]

?You know Han, this isn't as bad as you are automatically assuming -?

?I'm going to kill him.?

?- really, dear, she's happy ? and we should be happy for her. Jaina's waited a long time for something good like this - ?

? - Murder.?

?Han, really, be serious for a moment.?

Han crossed his hands over his chest mulishly. ?I am being serious.?

Leia reached over to pat his hand condescendingly. ?Now dear, lets not resort to violence just yet.?

Han raised a brow, ?Why not??

?I was just starting to enjoy the peace and quiet,? Leia muttered with a roll of her eyes.

[b]042. Mystery[/b]

?You know, it seems like just yesterday I was showing her how to fly the first time . . . My baby girl can't be a . . . [i]mother[/i].? The word came out strangled.

?Anything but that,? Leia smiled. Jaina's life had been defined by war, and her marriage had saved her in more ways than one . . . She was anxious for the sound of little feet to chase away the darkness once more.

?Just how did this happen again?? Han asked her.

She turned to kiss her husband, letting her joy filter through until Han was smiling against her lips. ?It's a true mystery,? she drawled, eyes sparkling.

[b]043. Writer[/b]

[i]Dear Mother and Father . . .[/i]

Jagged Fel stared at the opening lines of his letter with a critical eye.

While his actions during the Killik invasion had placed a strain on his relationship with his parents, it was not a bond entirely severed; merely strained. After escaping Tenupe, he had made little attempt at contact due to his shame . . . He believes that he hurt them more through that than through the acts that ruined the family itself.

Knowledge of a prospective grandchild was a good place to start repairing that relationship.

He tapped his stylus, and erased the message.

[i]Dear Mom and Dad[/i], he began again . . . .

[b]044. Retired[/b]

?Jaina, I thought that we'd agreed that you'd start to take is slow -?

? - Hey! I stayed home from the conference, [i]and[/i] I'm sitting - ?

? - You only stayed home because you wouldn't have access to those pickled nerf steaks you've been so disgustingly craving . . .?

Jaina glared mulishly, but her ire was completely lost when Jag came to sit next to her, his hands automatically coming to rub her very swollen feet.

[i]Take is slow[/i], he had said . . .

?You know . . . As Empress, I think I can retire quite easily ? order servants around, watch you in uniform all day . . .?

?Yes, until the first assassination attempt, that is.?

[b]045. Teacher[/b]

There were times when she thought that every horror she had seen in her life was worth it for moments like this.

A few steps away, her son was wobbly leaning against his father's desk. The child glanced over at her, sitting cross-legged on the carpet; clearly judging his chances of taking his first unaided steps to her without falling.

She held her hands out, and cooed in encouragement. At her back, Jag stood proudly. (Disgustingly, her son's first word had been a variant of 'daddy.')

A moment later, chubby fingers reached out to clasp over her own, and she smiled.

[b]~MJ[/b] [face_rose]

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great use of the prompts -- sweet and wonderful J/J focus. :D

[face_dancing]

Han was absolutely HIM! [face_laugh] :cool:

21. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Murder [face_laugh]

?Just how did this happen again?? Han asked her.

She turned to kiss her husband, letting her joy filter through until Han was smiling against her lips. ?It's a true mystery,? she drawled, eyes sparkling.

No idea. [face_mischief]:p

he had made little attempt at contact due to his shame . . . He believes that he hurt them more through that than through the acts that ruined the family itself.
    Poor Jag. :(

?You know . . . As Empress, I think I can retire quite easily ? order servants around, watch you in uniform all day . . .?
    Empress, yes! Watching him in his uniform... no complaints there. :p

Teacher
    Oh, that was adorable! So sweet!

=D=

22. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    My favorite of the set is Writer.

Loved how Jag wants to patch things up with his parents and how he finally loses that official tone of voice.

=D=

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Jade_eyes: Han was a blast to write. [face_laugh] As was Jag and Jaina. [face_love]

FelsGoddess: Oh yes, Jag in a uniform - no complaint there! [face_laugh] I am glad that you enjoyed these. :D

Ceillean: Oh, that's a fave of mine as well. [face_love]

Thanks everyone for reading! :D

[:D]

~MJ @};-

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Week Ten: ?Pupil?

046. Captain

?And this one, sweetie, this is the main feed to the port exhaust ? manipulating the venting lets you go fast. Really fast.?

There was a delighted giggling from the baby girl in his arms. Chubby fingers reached out to touch the lever, followed by a curious mouth, and . . . eugh. He did not need that sort of mess there. Really, he didn't.

He was readjusting Jaina in his arms when Leia came up behind him. ?Isn't it a bit early those sort of lessons?? Leia inquired fondly.

?Naw,? Han said proudly. ?After all ? we have the next Captain Solo here. I have to start her young.?

047. Pilot

?C'mon, kid, show me what you got.?

Jaina turned wide eyes upon her aunt's pride and joy, feeling giddiness right to her fingertips. Her first day as Mara Jade's apprentice, and already . . . It was everything she could have asked for . . . ?I flew a bit with the Lightning Rod, and, of course ? my dad taught me everything he knows.?

Mara sniffed delicately, her green eyes shooting a wicked brand of green sparks. ?Solo may have taught you how to pilot a vessel,? she purred fondly as she ran a leather gloved hand over the console, ?but, darling, I can teach you how to fly.?

048. Mechanic

? . . . the biggest difference is in the coolant lines ? they run on a counterclockwise energy grid compared to your StealthX . . .?

She heard him speak, she really, really did. A part of her mind was dutifully stowing away facts and figures and schematics of the Chiss fighter compared to her own . . . But really her attention was really on the lilt to Jag's voice as he talked about something he was passionate about . . . The lilt to his voice, the flare to his eyes and the animated wave of his hand against the air . . .

?Jaina, are you listening??

She figured she was learning either way.

049. Mercenary

From experience, she knew Mandalore had a ground as hard as her people - hitting that ground hurt like hell. This experience was no different ? her skin tearing as she skidded, the air fleeing her lungs even as dust filled her mouth and nose. Her eyes glared brimstone and flame up at her mentor for the underhand blow that had sent her reeling ? the very reason she was training with him.?Vile mercenary,? she accused.

?Close,? came the slight rumble from the masked figure of Boba Fett. She had a feeling that underneath, dark eyes were watching her closely. ?But they don't charge as much as I do.?

050. Serenity

The morning after accepting Jag Fel's proposal and ring, Jaina Solo woke up, and lifted her hand to the morning light, watching as the rays threw the gems in her band into a sharp play of silver and light. Beside her, her fiancée ? fiancée! - was still sleeping, his breathing a delicious cadence against the morning air. She felt contentment steal through her, a liquid thing that rippled through her bones and tugged at her heart.

She thought that she had known everything there was to know . . . but apparently there was one role still she had yet to learn.

~MJ@};-

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Captain -- awwwww!!!

Pilot -- beautiful zinger of a line from Mara.

Mechanic -- I bet she's learning ... something LOL

Serenity -- [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Lovely wrap!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.