main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation A Dooku Anthology

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jedi Knight Fett, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    What would you think about it

A dooku/Qui Gon film?

I would love it.

2. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    I would LOOOOOOVVEEE it. Sadly mr lee is turning 100 soon and I don't think he will look as he once did neither move as he once did :p

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  3. Powerful Lord

Powerful Lord Jedi Knight star 1

May 10, 2015
    Would like to see a Dooku film set right after Episode I where we see him getting out of the Jedi order, reclaiming his birthright and falling for the dark side, abandoning his previous noble intentions. I don't think Lee would need to reprise the role, what would be important is a creative Director and a strong script to make the character more dimensional than he's often been portrayed.

4. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    Yes that's probably the most important story we need to know about dooku in the canon timeline, because we don't know the details of what happened to Dooku. A film where he gets out of the jedi order is very nice.

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Well then I think it could just be a similar situation to Obi-Wan in the PT - recast because of character age, not actor age.

To the OP: I'd see a Dooku/Qui-Gon spinoff :)

6. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

What do you mean? Also I think the PT version of obi wan (ewan mcgregor) would work for another film that is around the PT time due to him looking very similiar as he did in the PT.

7. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Yeah if they were to do a movie with Dooku, it would have to be another actor.

Now if they still want an older Dooku, I suggest Frank Langella.

[​IMG]

I'm not sure who I'd pick for a younger Dooku, perhaps someone entirely new.

8. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Someone suggested a Dooku film with Qui-Gon set years before TPM which I think makes a bit more sense on a variety of levels. I think that would be fun for both characters to see just how at odds they were with the Jedi Council.

Not entirely sure who could play both characters, but their story lends to all kinds of wonderful possibilities.

El Jedi Colombiano likes this.
  9. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    always wanted to see in adaption (film or TV) the whole
    Yoda/Dooku, Dooku/Jinn, Jinn/Kenobi, Kenobi/Anakin (between Episode I and II).:D

Shamear likes this.
  10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Like how they had a different actor play Obi-Wan in the PT as opposed to the OT, the same could be done with Dooku.

11. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    But that was different, there was A LOT of years between the PT and the OT, they can't have another actor during the PT era, that would be weird e.e

12. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I've always imagined a Dooku movie to be a spin off of a Yoda movie (due to the characters critical acclaim from the yoda movie)

13. Powerful Lord

Powerful Lord Jedi Knight star 1

May 10, 2015
    Honestly not very interested in a Yoda movie, i feel like he's great in small doses and i don't think we should know too much. With Dooku, i feel like there's the oposite problem, he had brief appearances in the films, but it he feels just way too secondary. In The Clone Wars he wasn't all that developed either, he was just an angrier version of the character we saw in the prequels, With his oun spin-off, i think there would be a lot of room for improvement, the general idea of an aristocratic Jedi who falls for the Sith has a lot of potential, and you can give him different reasons to fall for the dark side.

Unless you want to make a Dooku/ Qui-Gon team up film, which could work too, though when it comes to master/ aprentice spin-offs, i would rather see Qui-Gon/ Obi-Wan or even Obi-Wan/ Anakin, with Dooku, i would like to see the aftermath of Qui-Gon's death and him being corrupted by Palpatine.

14. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    It sure does!

I'd love more Dooku in some form and an Anthology picture sounds perfect.

Though I'd love a Qui-Gon Jinn film, as well (and by pairing Dooku with Jinn, you could almost kill two mynocks with one stone), I think the real money, when it comes to Dooku, is the time just after Jinn is killed.

-------------------------

Maybe (in the classic Star Wars tradition of "mirroring"), a Dooku Anthology film could open with Dooku's final mission as a Jedi hero:

...before returning to Coruscant and learning of the death of Qui-Gon Jinn? This personal loss, coupled with the political fallout of the Naboo Crisis, has finally convinced Dooku of what he has long suspected: something is very wrong.

And then the middle of the film deals with Sidious' seduction of Dooku:

We watch as the Dark Lord plays on Dooku's aristocratic heritage, authoritarian leanings and, ultimately, a lust for power, while Palpatine also further flames Dooku's doubts about the Jedi and the Republic.

All of which is set against the very first rumblings of the Separatist Crisis. Things won't blossom into full-scale warfare for another decade, certainly, but only prove that "the system is broken!"

While the Jedi try to account for recent changes: Only one member of the Council -- Jedi Master Syfo-Dyas -- seems to understand just how dangerous the looming threat truly may be. He has foreseen a great conflict, arguing for the creation of a Republic Army. But his pleas fall upon deaf ears, his ideas judged to be "too extreme."

There would have to be some conflict, of course; some angle to hang the action scenes on.

Perhaps Dooku has some secret, active participation with the proto-Separatists, even before he leaves the Jedi Order? Not only the 'behind-the-scenes' kind of activities we're already familiar with (like deleting systems from the Jedi Archives). But actual, boots-on-the-ground, "aggressive negotiations"?

Finally, we see Dooku's induction into the Order of the Sith:

Dooku is tasked by his new Master with outright acts of political assassination and the betrayal of his brethren, Sifo-Dyas.

I'm not a screen writer. Someone who does this for a living would come up with something better.

But the fall of Master Yoda's most promising student? The birth of Darth Tyranus?

Yes, please.

15. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Please no.

cwustudent likes this.
  16. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    My own personal opinion of the trilogy listed above, is that it is too closely tied to the main saga.

But yeah, I'd like a young man Dooku with his younger apprentice Qui-Gon on an adventure set, I dunno, say, 20 years before TPM. But it has no bearing on, and does not explain anything, doesn't really expand upon anything - related to the main saga.

But as LFL have decided to do a death star plans heist, which to me (while no doubt a good story) doesn't seem to be that much of a spin off, more an expansion of the main story - they may well go with the trilogy above.

Anyway, http://boards.theforce.net/threads/qui-gon-jinn-dooku-film.50029734/
    merge?

EDIT: A Yoda with apprentice Dooku would be cool too - set 60 to 70 years before TPM.

17. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Aw, you're no fun. [face_clown]

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  18. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    I said it once and I'll say it again. If there's a young Dooku Anthology film, Dooku has to be played by Nicolas Cage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hell, he could play a Sith Dooku also nowadays...

[​IMG]

And finally, here's Yoda with his Jedi apprentice, Nicolas Cage...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Ah god save us.:p

I would like a dooku film right after Jinns death where he decides that he needs to hun down the remaining sith lord and in the middle he is seduced to the dark side.

20. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Your idea is something that most people don't bother with. It shouldn't be about "what character you want" but "what story you would tell".

Rogue One is story driving. From what we here is that it's a war-type movie about the theft of the Death Star plans. Just like some say "do a Yoda movie". But what story would you tell? I would tell the story of a Jedi or group of Jedi being stranded in Wild Space/Unknown Regions at the end of the last Jedi/Sith war 900ish before RotJ and in there struggle to survive meet a little green alien likewise stranded. Action and adversity would ensue against both the Sith and whatever caused the alien to be stranded. And at the very end you would see one of the Jedi and the little green alien heading back to the Republic (ala Louis and Rick walking off into the fog). The beauty of it is it would be a "Yoda Origin Story" without killing any of the mystery.

21. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    No thanks...

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I mean there is plenty of worse anthology movie ideas they could have
    Jar Jar
    Pacifist Mandalorians
    and about a hundred other ideas are worse then a dooku movie

23. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    As long as it includes the scene where he is given his Sith name.

Darth Sidious: "Henceforth you shall be known as Darth Tyranus."
    Darth Tyranus: "At least it ain't Count Dooku."

24. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    True... Look, I love Christopher Lee...but I found the character of Dooku to be completely boring. Nothing interesting about him at all.

A Darth Maul film I could get behind!

25. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    I would LOOVE a Dooku/ Qui-Gon spinoff.

It would explain so much: maybe how Qui-Gon got in contact with the Priestesses.

Why is Qui-Gon so wise, and maybe it could explain Dooku's dark tendencies?/

There could even be a Sifo Dyas or Darth Plagueis cameo.

It would be awesome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.