main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Drabble A Day... (Response to the UDC) Week 4 J/J!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jaina_clan_solo, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Title: A Drabble a Day... (Keeps the muse happy to play)
    Author: jaina_clan_solo
    Summary: A series of 100 drabbles (eventually) based on various characters. Inspired by the Ultimate Drabble Challenge

This is probably going to include characters from both the Saga and Beyond, depending upon the whim of the muse. For today 6/10th's of my drabbles brought it here.

Enjoy!

jcs

Week 1 (7-7-06)

1. ~*~beginnings~*~

The lightsaber thrums in his hands, the blast shield on his head obscuring his vision.

He listens carefully to Obi-Wan?s words, trying to feel the Force flowing through him. He ignores Han?s disbelief. For he barely believes it?s possible himself.

In a moment of clarity he can see the blaster bolt tracing a slow path. He moves the lightsaber to intercept. A moment later he feels the two energies collide.

He tears the helmet off in his excitement. He feels like he did when he used to race through Beggar's Canyon.

Maybe the Force has been with him all along.

2. ~*~middles~*~

For years they have both been orphans, families lost to the ravages of the Empire. Yet to tell her that isn?t true seems so hard. How can he tell her that their connection is through the man she considers a monster.

He stares out into the nothingness that is hyperspace, wishing it is a lie, but knowing it isn?t. How could Obi-Wan and Yoda lie to him for so long?

But the past is in the past, and all he can do is move forward. He will tell her, and he will face his father.

And bring his family together.

3. ~*~ends~*~

He feels old beyond his years, perhaps it comes of rebuilding and leading the Jedi Order. He isn?t even sure that he knows how many years it has been.

He has seen so many friends and loved ones pass into the Force. Everyday the burden weighs heavier on his shoulders.

His time to join them comes soon, he knows this without a doubt. He has no regrets, nor worries about the future.

For he knows that in his place someone else will rise up to lead, to protect the galaxy.

For the Sword will lead, and the rest will follow.

4. ~*~first~*~

Obi-Wan gently accepts the bundle from the medical droid. He cradles Anakin?s firstborn son in his arms.

?Luke,? she whispers.

The baby cries harder with each passing moment. Luke can already sense his mother?s distress through the Force. Obi-Wan gives what comfort he can to the infant.

He dreads the moment when he will have to give Luke up. He wants to protect Anakin?s son as he could not protect Anakin. His arms tighten in anticipation of the coming emptiness.

Heart heavy, he listens to her final words. How much of her spirit will young Luke grow up to have?

5. ~*~last~*~

The crimson and blue blades clash in front of him. It seems as though this battle lacks much of the spirit of their last meeting. Partly because neither of their bodies have the strength of youth, and partly because they both already know the outcome.

Obi-Wan spares a glance at Luke, willing the young man to keep running. He is not ready to face Vader, not yet.

He returns his attention to the battle at hand. Searing heat and then there is no more physical reality.

His presence lingers, and he utters what might be his last words.

?Run, Luke.?

Week 2 (7-14-06)

6.~*~hours~*~

He cradled her tiny body next to his heart. Wonder filling him. Barely a few hours old; sleeping without a single care. Little breaths the only thing he can hear. Tiny fingers stretching and reaching for something just out of reach.

He never would have believed that money would cease to be important. Now he realized that family was all there was. That a smuggler and a princess could find such happiness. Leia was asleep on the bed with Jacen.

Jaina, in his arms, already holding his heart captive. He would see that nothing could ever hurt his little girl.

7.~*~days~*~

She totters along

2. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Well done, Padawan! I think hours and days are my favorite, but that may be because a working with the babies at a day care is current line of employment. Regardless, all ten were wonderful, and I'm very excited to see you writing again. :D

3. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Loverly! I especially love the first series; I adore Luke! :-D

4. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Those were simply sublime. :) I loved the rollercoaster of emotions you took us through. I was of course especially moved by the Obi-Wan centered ones. ;) Wonderful. =D=

5. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    The week two drabbles dealing on Han's relationship with Jaina were great! Very telling and I think you caught his character in relations to her perfectly...

Great job!

6. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I also like th Han/Jaina! Nice job!

7. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    We shall call these little snippets of wonderful.

Great job J_c_s. =D=

Who does not love Han with his little princess? Even though his fame and their Jedi ability kept Han separated from his children, I still say he's the best dad ever.

But if I had to choose my favorite it would be week 1, first.

He wants to protect Anakin?s son as he could not protect Anakin.

I would think that if he could have Obi-wan would have raised Luke himself. But being near him, watching him grow up was the next best thing.

Again, I loved them. Can't wait to see next week's drabbles.

8. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Glad to see these up Jaina! :) You did a great job with them!

9. jaina_clan_solo

Dec 14, 2005
    replies:

BigFatty Thank you Master! :D I'm very happy to be able to write something again. Hours and Days were the first ones I was able to write-- so I'm glad you enjoyed them.

EmilieDarklighter Thank you for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

obi_ew Thanks so much! I'm glad you liked Obi-Wan's (I don't think I've ever written him before.)

Kidan Thank you! I love the relations between Han and Jaina-- I'm glad you enjoyed!

SilSolo Thank you so much!

Lola64 Thank you! I agree completely about Han. He loves his kids even though he may not completely understand every aspect of their lives. And I'm sure you're right about Obi-Wan. Thanks again.

Kes Thanks! I'm glad I got them written finally!

jcs

10. Super_Jemi

Super_Jemi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2006
    It was all so great! I love how you went through the three different eras. It gives you that nice little fuzzy feeling a reading a well-written piece. [:D]

11. Evil_Charity

Evil_Charity Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2006
    *gets teary eyed*

Both of those were so good, although I liked the ones with Jaina in them the best. But just because she's one of my favorite characters. :p She's such a cute little girl!

Those sets of drabbles seemed to be about fatherhood (well, Obi-Wan was a semi-father to Luke towards the end of ANH). I loved that. Don't know if that's how you intended them to be, but that's what I got out of them. ;)

Well done! =D=

E[face_good_luck]C

12. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

Aww Luke was great BUT you wrote Han and I love him more. It's always hard to figure out just how much bravado and how much genuine thought the smuggler has and I think you captured his father side wonderfully.

13. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Good to see you writing again!

I liked Luke a lot, and I've been mad at him for a while. Thanks for helping me reconnect with him, especially his young, naive self in the hold of the Falcon.

Han and young Jaina were so cute. You were great with them. I love Han as a dad, cause he'd be the coolest dad ever. It really showed his sensetive side well.

[face_love]

I'll definitely be back. :)

14. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    He tears the helmet off in his excitement. He feels like he did when he used to race through Beggar's Canyon.
    Maybe the Force has been with him all along.

I loved these lines. Perfectly in-character for young Luke. :)

Jaina, in his arms, already holding his heart captive. He would see that nothing could ever hurt his little girl.

[face_love] The last five drabbles were just so sweet. I loved "Weeks", how Jaina's "helping" repair the Falcon almost before she can walk. :p

15. Mathom

Mathom Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 2006
    Lovely post! You could really feel the affection between the characters in each set: Obi Wan and Luke, Han and Jaina. My favorites were Beginnings and Years. Han and Jaina have such a great relationshp. :) She's such a Daddy's girl. And young Luke was also great, I'd almost forgotten he'd once been a naïve farmboy trying to make real his dreams, and this was a great reminder. Maybe the Force has been with him all along. was my favorite line, up their with Han admitting that Jaina would make an amazing mother.

=D= Brilliant job!

16. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    jaina_clan_solo!! ~ Oh! These were so, so good that I just couldn?t stop reading. My very favorite week was the Jaina Week? and out of that, the way you tied in Han?s joy at her birth with his joy for her when she was pregnant ?just, BRAVO!!!!=D==D=

Zonoma

17. jaina_clan_solo

Dec 14, 2005
    More replies... I'll have the next set up as soon as I write the last one done.

Super_Jemi Thank you! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed this!

Evil_Charity Jaina is one of my favorite characters too. I really enjoyed writing her set. I didn't (consciously) intend for this series of drabbles to be about fatherhood, but one of the things I love about posting here is seeing what my readers got out of my writing-- that maybe even I didn't see. :) Thank you for reading!

IrishEyedJedi I'm glad you enjoyed them! [face_blush] I'm glad you think I got this side of Han right... I agree that he's very difficult to write.

padawanlost Thank you! I'm glad to be writing again. I've been a little mad at Luke lately too-- but I will always remember the Luke from the movies. I'm glad this helped you 'reconnect' too. I think Han is one of the coolest dad's too.

jedi_of_ennth Thank you for reading! I've always pictured Jaina's favorite childhood activity to be helping her father on the Falcon I'm glad you enjoyed!

Mathom I'm glad you stopped by to read. Thank you! It's been easy to forget Luke's past/beginnings with the way profic has been going lately, I definately needed a reminder myself. Jaina certainly is a Daddy's girl.

Zonoma I'm glad to have kept your attention! Thank you so much. I'm very happy that I finally decided to take part in this challenge-- it's a wonderful way to test the writing skills.

[:D] Thanks again to everyone who has reviewed!

jcs

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great job! =D= Wonderful responses to the challenge! :D Looking forward to more.

19. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    fantastic job m'dear[:D]
    i think the han/jaina ones were my fave, especially the last one with her pregnant, but they were all wonderful!

20. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    These are such [face_love]

For he knows that in his place someone else will rise up to lead, to protect the galaxy.

?Run, Luke.?

Profound. (By the way, I just realized how much Obi-Wan's "run, Luke" is similar to Qui-Gon's "Anakin, drop"... [face_thinking]

I don't know much about the EU, but the idea of Han Solo and his baby girl is just... [face_love] =P~ [face_dont_let_Leia_catch_you] :p

21. jaina_clan_solo

Dec 14, 2005
    Replies:

VaderLVR64 Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed!

obi_webb :D Thanks! I'm really glad you liked them. And :eek: to see you hear on the Beyond boards :p The Han/Jaina set was my favorite too.

leia_naberrie I'm glad you enjoyed these. And I hadn't noticed the "run, Luke" as similar to the "Anakin, drop" until you mentioned it-- very interesting. [face_dont_let_Leia_catch_you] [face_laugh]

And now for week 3's drabbles! There's quite the variety in this set...

11.~*~red~*~

With every moment he burns he curses Obi-Wan. Anger and hatred sear their way through his heart. Fire travels across his flesh.

Obi-Wan betrayed him; he even turned her against him.

Yet Obi-Wan does not bear the burden that he does. The eternal suffering of lying face down in the red hot sands of Mustafar.

Burning. Constant agony.

Yet he does not die; nor does he truly live. Instead he writhes in mental agony. Even his body fails, rebels, against him.

He sees everything as red. Through a filter which only reminds him of never ending betrayal, loss and burning.

12.~*~gray~*~

The schism grows, expands. The colors in her life fade away, shades of gray threatening to take over everything.

She does not know how to bear this loss of self, this loss of knowing who she is. For it seems that now she is two. Her two selves war with each other; unwilling to give even an iota of consideration, acceptance to the other.

She does not understand what is happening to her, them. The one who helped her before is gone. She does not know where to turn.

The bleak landscape around her gives her no ideas, no sanity.

13.~*~white~*~

She is an ice princess in every way. Fully decked out in her white regalia.

She makes him want to do more, be better. It infuriates him that he wants so badly to impress her. To win one smile, one word of kindness (of love?) for himself.

He can see that the ice is just her protection, her shield against all of the hurt. Part of him wishes that he could melt that ice, if only she would let him.

But she refuses to see, feel.

Maybe if he leaves, she will finally admit that she wants him to stay.

14. ~*~black~*~

The spike of pain, of loss, of death drives itself into her glass heart. It shatters into a million fragments. With the loss of Anakin she had felt an unconquerable rage.

Now it is all she can do to fight the black fog spilling through her body. She is unable to move from where she is curled on the floor. Jacen had possessed half of her soul. Now he, too, is gone.

She feels horribly alone. The deck of the Yuuzhan Vong ship feels strange and unwelcoming. The others? grief only serves to amplify her own.

What remains for her?

15.~*~blue~*~

I struggle to reclaim sleep. Instead I feel his eyes, lingering, watching me.

Stifling a groan I ask, ?What are you doing awake, Farmboy??

He murmers softly in reply, ?Watching you sleep.?

Reluctantly I open my eyes to find his blue ones gazing at me. The smile, the love, on his face make them sparkle even more. This is all so new, so strange to me.

He senses my unease, a remnant of our battle-meld on Niruaun. He sends his love to me through the Force. ?Am I not allowed to watch my wife sleep??

I smile, my only response.

22. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Great Drabbles!

Week 1

I loved your insight to Luke's life using the guidelines.

Week 2

Great job! I loved how you went through Jaina's life and her relationship through Han.

Week 3

I loved how you used different characters going through different emotions to personify the colors.

Great job!

23. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Well done, Padawan. You're making your master quite proud with the elegance in which you're writing these drabbles. Keep up the good work.

24. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    I loved your drabbles. They are so well done. I can't wait to read more.

25. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Very poetic this week. [face_love]

I loved Han in White. I've always thought he was trying to get her attention. What did he ever care about bounty hunters?

It was a nice description of Leia too.

You captured Jaina's pain very well. Feeling such a loss, how could you not feel black inside?

Grey was my favorite though.

The schism grows, expands. The colors in her life fade away, shades of gray threatening to take over everything.

Can't =D= enough about the description here. Perfect situation for the color.

The bleak landscape around her gives her no ideas, no sanity.

[:D] for Tahiri. :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.