main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Drabble a Day...A/T #20 Strangers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by star_writer24, Jul 18, 2010.

1. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Unlocking this and continuing it in hopes it helps warm me up. Haven't written or been on the forum in years but I look forward to stretching myself again. Enjoy!

1. Beginnings

She talked too much, of that he was certain.

Words bubbled up through those pretty pink lips at rate of speed that could possibly even put the Falcon’s point five past light to shame.

She was a girl though, and girls had the potential to be strange, rather unpredictable creatures, so perhaps it was to be expected.

What wasn’t expected however was the offer of friendship, a sincere interest in him as a sentient being and not in whose son he was. His face grew warm at the simple gesture, but it was nothing compared the warmth invading his heart.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful and insightful start. I bet that's exactly how their friendship started -- :D I'm sure Anakin got real tired of the "ooh really? They're your parents" reaction!!

[face_laugh]

I'll put this on ATN and check back often!!

[face_dancing]

[:D]

3. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    [:D]

Yeah!!!!!

You know how I feel about anything A&T!

How sweet and wonderful!

IS there anything I can do to keep the muse fed and happy?

I'll contribute anything I can.

I'll dig a rabbit hole...

Elle

4. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    awesome start :D =D=

5. star_writer24

Aug 15, 2006
    2. Middles

He wrinkled his nose at the row of lunch trays covered in glop before him. Sighing, he resigned himself to another afternoon of hunger and turned to face the cafeteria.

His countenance brightened at the sight of Tahiri waving him over.

He grinned as he drew closer taking note of the dark crumbs on her lips.

Sliding into the chair across from her he held out his hand. She took a cookie from the box hidden in her lap and screwed off the top handing him the bottom portion covered in icing.

"I know you like the middles," she said.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi!!!! SW has Oreos [face_dancing] I too unscrew and lick the middles [face_laugh]

When I read that she had crumbs on her lip, I thought he might ask to lick/kiss it off for her [face_laugh]

[face_mischief]

J_e has a one track mind [face_laugh]

[face_dancing]

7. star_writer24

Aug 15, 2006
    3. Ends

He loved running his hands through the ends of her hair, soft shiny curls that he could twist around his fingers.

He loved how he could tug on one gently, stretching it out and then watch as it bounced back into place when he released it. What he especially loved was the way she would look back over her shoulder at him. Her lips would purse in annoyance and her brow would wrinkle in disapproval.

Then he would wink, and the desired result was instantaneous as her cheeks went red. Yep, he definitely loved running his hands through her hair.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  9. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    You know that feeling when your chest contstircts just a little? When you can see, in your minds eye, the image of what you're reading?

That was the feeling I got when I read that last one, with him threading his finger through her curls and then gently pulling, watching the hair straighten, and the her hair bouncing back into place.

Magic.

Thanks for sharing.

And how is the boy?

Have we had a birthday yet?

Elle

10. star_writer24

Aug 15, 2006
    4. First

She froze as the words spilled from his lips. His nose caressed her forehead as he pulled back slightly from the kiss he had just given her.

“I love you,” he murmured again.

He had said the words to her before over the last several years, but this was different somehow. Hardly daring to let herself hope she lifted her eyes to his, searching.

“Tahiri?” he questioned, worry beginning to creep over his features when she didn’t respond.

“Really?” she asked, hardly daring to believe it. “You really love me?”

He chuckled, and dropped his lips to hers once more.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet!!! :D :)

I love the questioning happiness in Tahiri's "You really love me?"

Melts!!!

12. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004

13. star_writer24

Aug 15, 2006
    5. Last

Most days he regrets them. Those famous last words always seem to come back and haunt a guy, but he is dead now and there isn’t much he can do about it.

The irony makes him laugh bitterly. They were both always too stubborn for their own good, but her refusal to leave had terrified him.

He had known even then he wasn’t coming back. Would a simple "I love you.” have changed their fates? Would he have survived if she’d stayed? Would she have? These are the questions that eat at his soul when he thinks about, “Soon then.”

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :( OK, this little AU that didn't happen/was really Hobbie's really "Hobbie's nightmare" ;)

Seriously, though when I read SBS, I always was haunted by the kiss that never was but I always assumed the I love yous had been exchanged. o_O

15. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004

16. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Most days he regrets them. Those famous last words always seem to come back and haunt a guy, but he?s dead now and there isn?t much he can do about it. The irony makes him laugh bitterly. They were both always too stubborn for their own good, but her refusal to leave had terrified him. He had known even then he wasn?t coming back. Would a simple "I love you have" have changed their fates? Would he have survived if she?d stayed? Would she have? These are the questions that eat at his soul when he thinks about ?soon then?.
    Aw :(

Lovely drabbles!

17. star_writer24

Aug 15, 2006
    6. Hours

“Hydrospanner?”

She scowled at the hand reaching out from beneath the speeder. He had insisted the repair would only take a minute.

“Anakin,” her voice was low, filled with warning.

“Just one more tweak,” he defended, his voice muffled from beneath the wreck of machinery.

She glared, placing the tool in his hand. “That’s what you said over two hours ago.”

He didn’t reply.
    Disgusted she stood, and headed for the door determined to spend her last hour of free time doing something fun.

A minute later Anakin stuck his hand out.

“Plasma torch?”

He frowned at the silence.

“Tahiri?”

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL!!!!!!

I bet anything that Leia has the same experience with Han!! Quit tweaking already!! ;)

19. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004

20. star_writer24

Aug 15, 2006
    7. Days

She woke with a start, a silent scream on her lips. It had been days since Anakin had rescued her from the Vong shapers.

Despite the terrifying nightmares, at times it felt like it had happened to someone else and ironically enough that was what frightened her the most. She rolled to her side at the sound of someone, probably Anakin on the other side of her door.

“Come in,” she called.

He entered, his eyes dark with worry. “Another one?”he asked.

She nodded, moving to rest her cheek on his shoulder when he sat down beside her

21. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh great use of this prompt. =D= I am so very glad Anakin was there to give her comfort! :*

23. star_writer24

Aug 15, 2006
    8. Weeks

Empty.

Again.

It shouldn’t have surprised her. He hadn’t even bothered to say goodbye before jetting off to go save the galaxy or whatever nonsense he was up to, but it did, and it hurt.

She belonged with him; it wasn’t the simple bond of friendship that told her this, but something far more visceral and complex. Sometimes it frightened her, this connection, because she knew deep down it had the power to destroy her as nothing else could.

Sighing she clicked the in-box closed and typed up yet another message telling him what she’d been doing and hit send.

24. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    This is a really awesome idea. I hope it's worked for you so far -- I know the feeling when the muse doesn't want to cooperate. :p

Anakin and Tahiri are just the cutest couple, aren't they?

I liked Beginnings a whole lot.
    And Middles was just too cute!

=D=

25. star_writer24

Aug 15, 2006
    9. Months

It had been months since he had been back. Unable to contain her excitement she threw herself at him, shocked when she realized she only came midway to his chest. He blushed when she had to tilt her head to meet his eyes and she realized she wasn’t the only one suddenly feeling awkward.

“Hi Tahiri.”

Her stomach flip flopped as his gaze met hers, and her body grew uncomfortably warm as it took note of the other pleasant changes to his person.

Self-conscious and hating it she pushed back, and shot off some snarky greeting to hide her discomfort.