main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA A droid under my tree!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by squidichlorian, Dec 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squidichlorian

squidichlorian Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2001
    Hi All:

Been a long time since I posted but I'm so excited I had to tell everyone...thanks to my wonderful boyfriend, I am now the proud owner of my very own R2 unit!!!!!

(I thought I got lucky when I got that newer version of the Lego Naboo starfighter with the nifty chrome pieces, but no!)

I don't know if there have been other threads about these little guys, so I'll hold off on lengthy product feedback, suffice it to say that I have one feisty little droid on my hands. Not sure about the connection btwn. his technology and that used in the AIBO dogs, but mine definitely has a bit of a learning curve...no worries, though, as he's getting better at "patrolling" each time!

Sorry, I know I'm yammering on, but ever since I was a little girl, I've wanted my own R2, and now....I have one! :)))))

Merry Xmas!
    Squid
    Ps: and yes, his little arm does hold a beer quite nicely...;)

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I have an R2 and we take him everyplace we go. He is always a big hit, especially for kids. Have you figured out all the "easter eggs" yet?

3. squidichlorian

Nov 8, 2001
    Funny you should mention it...just finished reading all the postings on the Collectors' Board. I'm going to try to get him to play the Imperial March as soon as I get to play with him again! :)

And btw, thank GOD for these boards- I thought my little R2 was the only naughty one! Mine was doing that angry growl and bashing into my shins thing...had me a little worried. ;)

Squid

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    LOL! Yeah, I have one, and I have several friends who have one and I have found that they all seem to have their own little personalities... some are more stubborn than the others. LOL! They are just too cool! :D

5. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Wow... That's so cool! I wish I had my own R2 unit, they sound like fun! What kind of batteries to they run on anyway? I didn't get anything that cool but I got a Platinum Edition GameCube with Rogue Squadron 2 Rogue Leader. My Game!!!!! Been chopping away at the levels it's a pretty tough game though.

6. squidichlorian

Nov 8, 2001
    They take 4 D and 4 AA...a pretty strong argument for me to make an investment in rechargeables, eh? Maybe in a few years they'll come up with a solar panel peripheral for his little dome, thus saving me energy and money!

I had to leave mine at the significant other's, but I'm going back there for NYE...can't wait to try out some of the stuff I read about on the boards..

hey, my housemate got the platinum gamecube, too! man, we raked it in at our place. Never tried Rogue Squadron, heck, i don't even know how much those games cost!

7. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I imagine the going price for gamecube games new would be like $50 or so... I'm not too sure... But anyway it sounds like you guys got some awesome gifts. I got a Master Replicas Anakin FX lightsaber and I'm getting a Sharper Image Rebel Forces jacket, though mainly I'm buying those from myself. Merry Christmas to me from me. lol!

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    You don't need rechargable batteries squid. I have had my R2 since August, and have been using him since then and haven't had to change the batteries once.

Jedi_Tenken, I have the Rogue Squadron game for the Gamecube, and yes, it is a hard game. I also have Clone Wars, Bounty Hunter, New Droid Army (for Gameboy Advance), and Jedi Knights II: Jedi Outcast for the PC, and Podracer for the PC. :D

9. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Oooooo! I love Jedi Outcast, I play online all the time with my XO and team up to blow away all the competition. lol How is Bounty Hunter? I've been meaning to get that from my contact at LucasArts, and Clone Wars too although the graphics didn't like as good as JO. I have like neary every PC Star Wars game out there and some I haven't even had the chance to play... lol I still love X-wing the Collector's series and TIE Fighter the best. I need to get new joy stick before that... haha...

10. squidichlorian

Nov 8, 2001
    Wow, M_J_F, really surprised about the battery life. That's great news! Brought my little guy home with me last night...tonight when I get home from work, the fun begins!

Oh, and Tenken, thanks for reminding me about Sharper Image. That Rebel alliance shaving bag looks like a great small gift for a few people I know, and the jacket is _too_ cool...

11. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Yeah I'm getting 5 of those shaving bags for they guys in my squadron! And one for myself of course. =) That lifesize Yoda looks really tempting too. lol...

12. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Hey Squid!

You got the R2, huh? Good stuff! :D I know how much you'd been admiring it.

> hey, my housemate got the platinum gamecube, too! man, we raked it in at our place. Never tried Rogue Squadron, heck, i don't even know how much those games cost!

You'll need to come check out the Games Forum then for more info on the SW Gamecube titles.

Got me one of those huge LEGO "Collectors Edition" X-wings. :D

13. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    You mean the lego X-wing they only show half of in those displays and put a mirror on the other side so it looks like an entire X-wing? Those are pretty awesome if you got both sides. hehe

14. squidichlorian

Nov 8, 2001
    >Got me one of those huge LEGO "Collectors Edition" X-wings.

Hey JP! :) Man, I knew you were going to get one of those before me...no fair!

Well, I think I'm going to need Mara_Jade_Fan's help...little artoo is being awfully naughty...Might just move this over to the collector's board to see if other folks have encountered the same issues...

But he's SO cute, I almost don't care. ;)
    squid

15. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    You mean the lego X-wing they only show half of in those displays and put a mirror on the other side so it looks like an entire X-wing?

Nope. I got both sides in the one package.

[image=http://homepage1.nifty.com/f-komi/lego/seihin/7191/7191-18.jpg] [image=http://www.merkur-spiele.de/pictures_big/merlin_ausgabe_1-00_x-wing.gif]

Maybe you're getting mixed up with some sort of promo-display model?

Man, I knew you were going to get one of those before me...no fair!

They were on sale for NZ $99 - (ie US$50!). I was at the store for its opening the day of the sale. A bunch of sad 30 year olds briskly walking to the LEGO section of the toy dept. It was quite depressing... until I opened the box on Christmas morning. Then it was all worthwhile. :D

But he's SO cute, I almost don't care.

Just like the real thing, huh? [face_mischief]

16. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Yeah the display model was the thing I always saw at TRU. I kinda figured they's sell both halves for the whole fighter. LOL

17. squidichlorian

Nov 8, 2001
    Just to share my happy ending, thanks to some suggestions from Mara_Jade_Fan, my artoo is now performing fantastically! :D
    Thanks, M_J_F! :D

18. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    You are very welcome! Welcome to the droid owners club! :D

19. squidichlorian

Nov 8, 2001
    Hey, weren't people going to add it to their sig files? Hmmmm, gotta go back and check that thread, I *definitely* want it in mine! :D

20. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Great... now I want a droid too now! =P lol

21. Miss_Offee

Miss_Offee Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2003
    I hope I get one for my birthday....(**using the force for my birthday wish**)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.