main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Dying Love~ An Obi-wan/P and V-A/P Romance~ Post-ROTS~ An update finally! 11/15/07 sry bout delay

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AnakinLuver, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    that was a nice update. i don't have as much time to read anymore let alone post so i appreciate the shorter update.

and it was a good one too.:)

2. Dorme_Amidala

Dorme_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2006
    Wow, that's all I can say. You have a rare talent to blend emotions and make something new. Could I please be added to the PM list?

3. kyleKatarnKid

kyleKatarnKid Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2006
    your story is really good. you should write a siri-wan. (make sure they both leave the order, cuz it will be sweeter.)[face_blush]

4. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    Sorry I'm so late with a reply Rach! I feel so bad.

But I'm glad I did get to it:D

I agree with an above poster...you are really good at getting the main emotions across for a story without making a chapter too long or overdoing it. Nice job!:D

Holonews....what is on the holonews? dun dun dun![face_devil]

5. Anakins_Queen

Anakins_Queen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2006
    Like what a poster said above you do have talent. I love the way this story is written. :D Add me to the PM list.

6. bmwgurl17

bmwgurl17 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    My heart is now complete,
    with you in my arms.
    Tender kisses tear open my soul,
    but yet again you fill it whole.
    I love you deeply,
    it's true.
    I'd give up my entire life as a jedi
    just to be with you.
    You're mine
    and I'm yours, Padme. I love you.

Obi-wan.

=) Great lines! Emotional and everything :D

7. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    A/N:I'm sorry I haven't been updating that much lately, but school has been murder. And I have been having some personal guy problems that a few already know about. I am also going on a trip next week to Toronto for 5 days so I don't know when I'll be able to write the next chapter. I hope you all can be somewhat more patient if you haven't forgotten about this story. lol...

Star_Angel Oh, poor Obi but what was on those holonews?

Yes... poor Obi, but I can't tell you yet... clues are found in earlier chapters...

Oh, I can?t wait until I get to read more. Wonderful update and the best of luck with DRL, I know what a pain it can be.

Don't even get me started on DRL... lmao... U'll get to read more very soon, I hope... lol...

Anakin_Heartbreaker No need to apologize about the post being short, the quality was impeccable, and that is what matters.

Thanks so much AH... To hear you say that to me about my writing is the best thing I could've heard...

Loved the way you portrayed Obi-Wan's anguish.

Thanks, it took a lot of hard creativity. I can tell you that much.

Looking forward to more.

I hope you read most of what's to come before you leave the boards, AH. I'll miss your feedback.

anakin_luver guess what's coming next...

I guess you'll have to tell me cuz I have no clue.[face_mischief]

Kelli_LB Great chapter, I'm so glad that you posted.

Thanks... I'm happy I posted too.

Very good job with Obi-Wan's POV.

Thank you very much. I try to expand the horizons from the author's POV to all the characters separately.

I can't wait until the next chapter.

It won't be a too long of a wait, I hope.

penpadme Poor Obi-Wan, he is suffering so. I wonder what he saw on the Holo-news?

Yes, suffering greatly. But I cannot tell you about those Holonews.

I'm thinking Anakin and Padme and the announcement of their nuptuals?

I'm not big into the marriage terms, but it might contain something with those two. I really don't know ;).

I know DRL can be a pain,so update when you can!

Thanks for understanding!

randomangel22 Glad to see you back

It's a very good feeling.:)

Poor Obi-Wan so heartbroken and what a horrible way to find out by watching in on the news

Yes, poor Obi.

I hope he'll be ok

This is Obi-wan, but is he the Obi-wan we know?

Amidala66 that was a nice update. i don't have as much time to read anymore let alone post so i appreciate the shorter update. and it was a good one too.

Thanks. I'm glad you liked it as much as I loved writing it. It was a short one after all... ;) .

Dorme_Amidala Wow, that's all I can say. You have a rare talent to blend emotions and make something new.

Thanks! It's appreciated. [face_love]

Could I please be added to the PM list?

Certainly.

kyleKatarnKid your story is really good.

Thank you.

you should write a siri-wan. (make sure they both leave the order, cuz it will be sweeter.)

Haha... maybe...

iLoveAnakin7 Sorry I'm so late with a reply Rach! I feel so bad.

Don't. I haven't updated in weeks.

But I'm glad I did get to it

Oh yeah...

I agree with an above poster...you are really good at getting the main emotions across for a story without making a chapter too long or overdoing it. Nice job!

Awww. Thanks Dee. Means much! Luv ya too!:*

Holonews....what is on the holonews? dun dun dun!

It'll come.

Anakins_Queen Like what a poster said above you do have talent. I love the way this story is written.

Thanks you so much. I'm glad you like it as much as you do.

Add me to the PM list.

Definitely.

bmwgurl17 =) Great lines! Emotional and everything

Luv ya for saying that!

Another post should be up so

8. qtrhrs78

qtrhrs78 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
  9. AnakinLuver

Feb 13, 2006
    A Dying Love

Chapter 9: What Was His

Constriction met Obi-wan's throat, making him unable to breathe as his mind tried to reconcile with his heart on what he had laid his eyes on. Padme was in a wedding dress, a very beautiful one, but it made his skin crawl. She was kissing him. Willingly. Obi-wan could feel it.

He closed his stinging eyes, searching for the center of peace in his heart. His hands, shaking iwth disbelief, covered his face, his breathing becoming shallow. Nothing would keep him from realizing the truth. Obi-wan knew now: Padme didn't love him anymore, but was that true enough?

Tears collected around Obi-wan's eyes, ice cold, as he paid for his drink and raced into the street. He had to leave for Coruscant to know for sure. Even if he died trying, he needed to know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How did that get on the Holonews?!" he roared darkly into the holophone, blood rising with his rage.

"Lord Emperor, please..." the Imperial officer pleaded, "We're taking care of it, but we need you to come back to Coruscant by tomorrow for damage control. The press would like an interview with -"

"Enough." Vader interrupted harshly, "These godforsaken gundarks can ask me questions when I return from my leave. Their hunger for gossip can wait a few days."

"Yes, Emperor." he obeyed promptly.

Vader slammed the phone into the receiver. Protecting his angel wasn't going to be as easy as he predicted. The galaxy would never leave him alone, always sucking out so much more than he could give. Anger marked his cerlean eyes with yellow patches.

"Ani, what's wrong?" she asked sweetly, "You look very distressed." She wrapped her arms around his waist and inhaled the masculine aroma that scented his clothes. Padme felt the tension ease from his back.

"Nothing... " Anakin sighed heavily. The former Senator of Naboo moved around to his front and kissed his nose playfully.

"Really?" Padme wondered, "For Anakin Skywalker, you're not very good at hiding things."

He couldn't keept he smile that formed on his lips away. THe new husband looked at his wife lovingly and inhaled her feminine scent deep. He closed his eyes.

"I just wish I could keep you from the world." Anakin confessed quietly. Padme frowned slightly.

"Even if you wished it, I think you couldn't me from the world." She winked jokingly. "But, why would you want that?"

Anakin smirked as he snatched the TV remote and switched on the Holonews.

"Watch it." He whispered lightly. She furrowed her eyebrow, confused by his little command.

"Trust me." He whispered as he walked into the kitchen.

Padme slowly made her way to the sofa, inquisitive, chocolate eyes boring into the news intently. THe reporter continued.

"In other news, two young love birds are in the picture today. Padme Amidala, former Nubian Senator, and Anakin Skywalker, not known as Emperor Vader, got married yesterday at a local Nubian Villa. Seen here." Padme froze as a chilling shiver trickled down her spine. A masculine voice echoed loudly in her thoughts and it wasn't her husband's.

I can't wait til our wedding day.

A single tear slid away from her frightened eye, sadness overcoming Padme without her knowing a reason.

Sorry about the long, very long delay.

Rachel Rose@};-

10. ehopepower

ehopepower Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 20, 2005
    Offers up some chocolate and home baked goodies to author. I am glad to see you finally updated this fic. I was starting to think you had dropped it 100%. Hope a new update come at least soon and not in a while. GReat update of course also! :)

11. penpadme

penpadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2006
    I was happy to see this updated! I really like this story and I feel so badly for Padme and Obi-Wan. I can't believe that Anakin would want her to watch the gossip. I would think that it would bring up memories that he hopes doesn't resurface. Can't wait for more!

12. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    Glad to see this story updated ;)!!

Oh man Obi-Wan better not do anything stupid and does Padme remember that something was going on between Obi-Wan and her [face_thinking]??

13. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I loved the update. I feel sorry for Obi-Wan (hmm, that?s something I didn?t think that I would ever say *lol*) I?m glad to see this story updated and I hope that we get to read more soon.

14. Anakins_Queen

Anakins_Queen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2006
    Even though I pity Padme, I still hope she and Anakin will end up together. [face_praying]

15. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    oh that's haunting. she's crying without knowing the reason...
    i wonder what Obi-Wan will do...

great update. :D

16. AnakinLuver

Feb 13, 2006
    A/N: I know these past few updates have been few in number and very far apart. I'm glad most of you have stayed with this story and are still intrigued by it. It means a lot to know my writing is still interesting after the spark I had during the summer faded for a little while. With being a football manager in the fall, I didn't have all the time I wanted to write since games took up every friday and practice was after school every day. It wasn't just that. My eyes fell on one of the guys during the season and naively, I hoped for the best. Let's just say he wasn't interested in that way and I let it get to me for months. Honestly, what I feel is still bothering me, but I've learned a lot since the beginning of my freshman year of high school.

I just hope that all of that has somewhat passed, I'll get the spark of creativity I've craved since forever. I hope that through everything that happens, all of you will stay with this as you already have. Thanks so much. It means a lot and I love all of you. [:D]

ehopepower Offers up some chocolate and home baked goodies to author. I am glad to see you finally updated this fic.

*takes them happily* I know, me too. Writer's block has been the devil for me lately*

I was starting to think you had dropped it 100%.

Psh, never.:D

Hope a new update come at least soon and not in a while. GReat update of course also!

It should and thanks so much!

penpadme I was happy to see this updated! I really like this story and I feel so badly for Padme and Obi-Wan.

Thanks. I guess most people feel that way.

I can't believe that Anakin would want her to watch the gossip. I would think that it would bring up memories that he hopes doesn't resurface.

Well, you never know his reasons, but naivity may be his doom.

Can't wait for more!

Should be coming!

randomangel22 Glad to see this story updated

Thanks. A lot of people do.

Oh man Obi-Wan better not do anything stupid

Let's hope... ;)

does Padme remember that something was going on between Obi-Wan and her

[face_whistling] [face_mischief]

Star_Angel I loved the update. I feel sorry for Obi-Wan (hmm, that?s something I didn?t think that I would ever say *lol*)

Thanks and I guess I've turned a lot of people to feel something for Obi-wan with this story. lol.

I?m glad to see this story updated and I hope that we get to read more soon.

Yeah and I'm starting to write more now since football and basketball is now over.

Anakins_Queen Even though I pity Padme, I still hope she and Anakin will end up together.

I guess that some people just want the couple to stay the same. Will it happen is what I wonder.

anakin_luver oh that's haunting. she's crying without knowing the reason...

Oooh, nice word choice. It is sad though.

i wonder what Obi-Wan will do...

Who knows? Will he be rash or finally think it through?

great update.

Thanks! Luv ya babe! [face_love]

Rachel Rose@};-

17. AnakinLuver

Feb 13, 2006
    A Dying Love

Chapter Ten: Lonely Depths

Obi-wan quickly went back home, contemplating a well thought course of action when he arrived on Coruscant. Nothing was coming to mind; his thoughts rambled on without a stop. His throbbing, pain-filled heart, still, was going through shock.

"She would never do this to me," he whispered softly to himself, "unless she believed it would protect me."

The old jedi master's grey-blue irises went to his travel case he hadn't opened yet. His teeth clenched; her prescence emaniated from it. He turned away from it, wishing away the pain brought with, praying her memory would leave his heart in an instant. Nothing was ever that easy.

Obi-wan shifted in front of the trunk, heart beating faster as his hands felt over the leather. It was like he could feel her skin again, so soft and smooth; he knew it would only remain a memory now.

His inner passions gave in; hungrily, he opened the cover and digged through the few possessions he owned. He felt it wuick enough, the silky lock of chocolate curls. In haling her sweet, fragrant scent, unloaded all the emotions from his heart. Obi-wan fell, weeping, and cradling what preciousness remained of his love.

All of this was his fault. He blindly left her to a terrible fate. Obi-wan would never forgive himself.

A frantic, beeping sound took him away from his desperation. It was his comlink; little did he know, it held the key to his prevailing questions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anakin had left the next morning, early enough for his wife not to notice his abscence from the bed. Padme awoke just as the Nubian sun was making its way through the Villa trees. Her hand reached to the other side of the bed, expecting to find the warmth of her love, but there was only morning coldness.

"Ani?" she called softly as she opened her chocolate orbs slowly. Her eyes saw the datapad on his pillow with a rose. Padme cautiously placed the rose on her lap as she fumbled with the message. She calmly went through the letter.

Padme, my dearest wife and beautiful love, first of all, I miss you already, though I haven't even left you prescence yet. I have been called to Coruscant to deal with certain issues that cannot be revealed yet, but I promise I will tell you soon.

Do not be lonely for I am there, darling, and I ask you not to come to me now. Take some time for yourself. I love you with all my being and my heart yearns for your beat with mine. Soon, my love, I will renite with you soon.

Anakin

Padme wasn't smiling as she should probably be. Her eyes were saddened, but were marked with an angered glow. She placed the rose and the datapad down without a second look at them. Slowly, she arose and strolled to the window and inhaled the clean air that blew in the window.

She was angry with him, her husband, for only one reason. Padme asked him, no, begged him to stay for a few more days at least. Knowing what she wanted of him, Anakin deliberately disobeyed her. He left for his career. She couldn't exactly blame him for his choice, since she would have done the very same thing if she were still in politics. But, Anakin knew this also. Why wouldn't he understand that he shouldn't have gone?

A chill was sent down her spine. It didn't relate to what Padme was deep in thought about. All she knew was her name was whispered simultaneously as two icy, blue-grey orbs flashed in her mind.

Padme...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vader sighed heavily as the rest of his aides left the office. Why did he leave Padme? He told her he wouldn't, yet he couldn't keep himself away.

Typically, Vader would've never left Padme's side, but he came to Coruscant to take care of some things. Was he afraid of everything that had happened, as if it was a dream or was he afraid of himself? The real person he was. Anakin Did Vader feel a weakness he could only keep away by hardening his heart? All of it was giving him a migrane. It wasn't supposed to be that complicated.

18. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    I can understand Padme's feeling of anger and sadness at Anakin's leavin and I feel bad for Anakin having to deal with his inner demons over this event. I do hope she can forgive him, however I have a feeling that things are going to get quite interesting with Obi-Wan still in the pictre.

19. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Wow, I love the update. I can understand why Padmé felt that way.

20. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    i'm glad Padme is mad at him...it's due time for a change. :D

21. AnakinLuver

Feb 13, 2006
    FitJedi I can understand Padme's feeling of anger and sadness at Anakin's leavin and I feel bad for Anakin having to deal with his inner demons over this event.

I suppose it is the right thing to feel. But it isn't over for Anakin yet...

I do hope she can forgive him, however I have a feeling that things are going to get quite interesting with Obi-Wan still in the pictre.

It might take a little more than graveling on Anakin's part, but ur right, things are going to get interesting... [face_devil]

Star_Angel Wow, I love the update.

Thank you!

I can understand why Padmé felt that way.

I'm glad you do... But don't you see Anakin's side of the picture?

anakin_luver i'm glad Padme is mad at him...

:confused:

it's due time for a change.

ALRIGHT!!!!:D

A/N: I'm sorry I haven't been frequent with updates, but summer is around the corner so you'll probably be able to see this story get completed in a few months. This story, I must say, will get more interesting, romantic, passionate, depressing, and etc. over the next chapters as it progresses along. I hope you'll love it. An update in the very near future!

I love you all!

Rachel Rose@};-

22. AnakinLuver

Feb 13, 2006
    Finally updated!

A Dying Love

Chapter Eleven: Choices

"Obi-wan?" Are you there?" A voice cried urgently through the comlink. The distraught jedi breathed deeply.

"Yes, it is I." he answered calmly, taking on the old characteristics of his personality that he once held.

"This is Senator Organa of Alderaan. I have urgent news to tell you." the amle voice replied, containing a nervous whimper.

"Do tell, Senator." Obi-wan whispered suspiciously, eyes narrowing as he tried to probe for any signs of deceit.

"I cannot reveal all that I've obtained Master Jedi." Organa breathed disquietingly as if to wait for Obi-wan's harshness.

"The Order does not exist and I'm not a jedi any longer, Senator." Kenobi hissed sorrowfully, crushing the tears that were about to resurface, "Why is it that you can't tell me the knowledge you've uncovered?"

There was a long pause.

"Obi-wan... " Bail sighed with a hinting of concern, "it's about Padme."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Padme came home exhausted. SHe had spent the day with Sola and her two nieces. Seeing the miles on their little faces had finally brought a grin to her own. If only Anakin would've been there.

Her mind had gone to him... again. She hadn't talked to Anakin in two weeks. Padme had waited for an enternity for his call to the Villa, but it hadn't happened. What was she to do? Call? No, it actually seemed clear enough he didn't feel like to talking to his own wife.

This focused her thoughts on their marriage. Was it going to work? THey never talked as husband and wife so it seemed neither of them were willing to contact one another. Padme started to chew her nails vigorously as her heat weeped out the love for Ani. Did Anakin even love her anymore or was this a classic young love that wouldn't last? What was she thinking? Of course he loved her! But a little voice stayed in the back of her mind, gnawing at the goodness she was trying to see in their marriage.

She slunk into the bathroom and bent over the sink. Weakness suddenly took ahold of her. A tremendous headache plagued behind her eyes. Her breathing began to quicken in gasps of air as her stomach started to flip. Padme rushed to the toliet and let it all out.

She started to shake and leaned back against the wall. She was afraid. She was alone.

Padme opened her tearing chocolate eyes. Her sister was standing in the doorway, eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"Padme?" Sola whispered cautiously, "... I think you're pregnant."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Numerous headlights flashed past the balcony of his apartment. Engines rumbled from all different directions and echoed through his ears. Vader found it soothing in an odd way. Vehicles were always interesting to him, but that was in the past, too.

He finally reopened his cerulean eyes to the peacefull rising of the brightening sun as if it was jumping between the skyscrapers that littered the horizon. The calming effects didn't reach him, just like his attempted meditation.

It had been too long since he talked to Padme. What was wrong with him? He should be happy to talk to her! Was he frightened by the responsibilities of a husband? Vader had no idea.

"I love you, Angel..." he softly said to the wind. If only he would call her, but not even the mighty Vader could take the guilt he would face. His heart implored for her soothing voice, her stimulating touch, her benevolent brown eyes. Anakin's crystal-like eyes closed as his yearning for Padme grew tremendously. It was as if he could almost taste her luscious lips. Then, the doorbell reverberated down the hall.

"What now?" he growled, interrupted. Vader looked around until he finally realized what was going on. The doorbell rang furiously now. He slipped on his robe and marched to the door.

"My Lord..." an Imperial Officer greeted quickly.

"This is quite unfortunate..." Vader huffed impatiently, his eyebrows showing no interest.

"I think not, Emperor." the officer replied earnestl

23. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Oh my, Padme pregnant?? I love the inner questioning that Anakin is doing with himself, I think he needs to look even further, of course I'm also wondering what Bail would be contacting obi-Wan about in regards to Padme. So many questions and I'm sure they will be answered in time. Well done yet again.

24. bmwgurl17

bmwgurl17 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    My deepest apologies. I have not been on the boards for so long!! Buuuuuuuuut, I do want to say Im happy to be back and to continue reading your fan fic. I have to say I absolutely love this line:"Padme?" Sola whispered cautiously, "... I think you're pregnant."
    I can imagine her saying it and Padme's shocked face...sigh...good stuff. Keep it coming plz

25. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Yeah!!! An update!!!

Padme pregnant?? I guess I will have to wait and see what happens in the next update.

Nice job:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.