"A Failure to Listen"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by JBRO13, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
  1. JBRO13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    This line from Padme regarding what the Clone Wars were kind of rings true with most all the negative things in the Saga.

-Qui-Gon failed to listen to Yoda and Mace when warned about Anakin's future.

-The Jedi failed to listen to Dooku's claims about Sidious.

-Anakin failed to listen to Yoda's advice about letting go all of which he feared to lose.

-Tarkin failed to listen to the possibility that the Rebels posed a real threat.

-Luke failed to listen to Yoda and Obi-Wan, and rushed to face Vader.

-Jabba failed to listen to Luke when he warned "free us, or die".

-Technically, the entire Galactic Civil War also sprouted out of "a failure to listen", since Palpatine obviously ignored the pleas in the Senate to work with what some Senators viewed as liberty dying, because he wanted absolute power.

I found it interesting. It wasn't just the Clone Wars, Padme, baby.
  2. Hungry_Ghost Jedi Knight

star 2
    I read in this book that in a deleted scene from AOTC she warned the Senate "if you offer the seperatists violence they can only show violence in return."
  3. Tion_Meddon Jedi Master

star 4

Yes, I remeber that on the AOTC dvd.

And you're right, that Padme's saying that the the Clone Wars were caused by "A failure to listen" is indeed the cause of many problems. In Star Wars, and in real life.

That part always stuck out to me as being very profound in the movie, as are a lot of Padme's quotes in ROTS, thanks for making this thread on it!
Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.