main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Falling Sun (Lyric Roulette Challenge Entry, AU, Anakin/Padmé)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by whiskers, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Title: A Falling Sun
    Genre: Drama, I guess. Challenge Entry.
    Characters: Darth Vader, Darth Sidious, Padmé Amidala.
    Disclaimer: I don't own Star Wars: that's Lucas' job, not mine. I just play in sandbox known as Fan Fiction. I also don't own the lyrics to the song I've Got A Dark Alley And A Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth by Fall Out Boy.

Author's Note: The idea for this story came about as something that I would have liked to do for a now-defunct RPG group that was playing a Star Wars scenario in which Anakin was never discovered at all by Qui-Gon (there was no trip to Tatooine.) I've been waiting to spring this onto a viewing audience and now it seems that I've gotten the chance. The lyrics provided in the challenge thread inspired me to dig this out of mothballs (even though I don't like the band and I've never heard the song.) Oh well, enough of me rambling on. I do suppose you want to read the actual story, right?

Please put the doctor on the phone 'cause I'm not making any sense
    Blame everyone but me for this mess
    And my back has been breaking from this heavy heart
    We never seemed so far
    I'm hopelessly hopeful, you're just hopeless enough
    But we never had it at all

--I've Got A Dark Alley And A Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth by Fall Out Boy.

I can?t believe that I?ve fallen for her, my own target, I think as my Master gives me the order to end her life. The final revenge of the Sith?the order that I used to say that I was proud to be a part of?had fallen flat, the victim of the Jedi. Sure my Master and myself were able to enter the Jedi Temple and purge many of its occupants, but it wasn?t enough. No, that motion was a last ditch effort to rid the galaxy of them.

And now, Palpatine and I were fleeing Coruscant in a Star Destroyer, him doing his best to escape from the wrath of the Republic that he had come so close to deceiving, only to fail. Palpatine had the ?great? idea of snatching one of the visiting senators to use as a hostage, a bartering chip to ensure our freedom. And now, with our ship nearly disabled and a few of the numerous surviving Jedi swarming through our ship, he has said that her usefulness is at an end.

I?ve killed for him before. Jedi, other senators that had ventured far too close to discovering his true identity, other failed apprentices such as Dooku, and various other threats to his power. In all of those kills?in all of those murders?I have never once regretted taking their lives. So why am I so hesitant to kill Senator Amidala?

?Lord Vader you must kill her!? Palpatine orders, his voice is getting stern. He is impatient that I?m taking so long to complete this task. ?She will only get in the way.?

Get in the way of our valiant last stand, he means. If he can?t control the galaxy, he plans on causing as much damage as he can.

?I can?t do it, Master,? I say, knowing that this simple phrase could very well spell the end for me. I wonder for a second why I?m unable to follow this simple order; is it because I know what I?m about to do is wrong? Or is it something else? A flick of his wrist and Palpatine?s lightsaber is unveiled, its scarlet blade igniting the second the hilt leaves his sleeve.

?I cannot believe that you have finally disobeyed me, Lord Vader,? he says. ?After all I?ve done for you. I took you from your pitiful slave hovel and gave you the life of significance and adventure that was your true destiny.? His words are intended to make me angry and at the moment they?re working.

?Calm you must stay, Anakin. Give in to hatred and anger do not,? the voice of the late Grand Master of the Jedi Order speaks to me?and he uses my real name, a name I haven?t heard for thirteen years. Even though I personally threw my lightsaber through the alien?s back while he and my Master fought, hearing his voice doesn?t seem all that strange. I take his a

2. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    :( So sad, yet so amazing [face_love], wonderful job whiskers=D= =D= =D=.

3. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Wonderful stuff!

Awww, you don't like Fall Out Boy? Sad, I love them. There are a lot of their lyrics in the roulette...when I was making the list I had limited access to music.

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I also love Fall Out Boy! :p A wonderful entry to the challenge! =D=

5. whiskers

May 19, 2005
    Star_Angel

So sad, yet so amazing

Thanks. I knew that it was going to be sad when I wrote it, because for some reason whenever I write in first-person perspective bad things happen to the main character...

EmilieDarklighter

Awww, you don't like Fall Out Boy? Sad, I love them.

To each their own.

Wonderful stuff!

Thanks a lot.

VaderLVR64

I also love Fall Out Boy!

As a fan of little alternative music produced post 1998, I'm feeling a little exposed here...

A wonderful entry to the challenge!

Thanks. As for the actual story, I didn't exactly know how much of what has happened from when things changed in TPM to the events that are happening in the time where ROTS took place. I hope I did a good job in selecting.

6. CherryLightsaber

CherryLightsaber Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Oh, don't worry. I'm not an alternative music fan, and I've only heard one of Fall Out Boy's songs (didn't like it).

But I loved the fic. the battle and the emotion being described. It really touched me, quite an accomplishment. :)

7. whiskers

May 19, 2005
    CherryLightsaber

But I loved the fic.

the battle and the emotion being described. It really touched me, quite an accomplishment.

I tried (keyword for all my fics) to focus on the emotion more than the battle, and I hope I was able to accomplish that.

8. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Fall Out Boy's first album was better than the second, i'll give you that. ;)

What a gem of a fic! How... how interesting is the right word, I think. You captured Vader's emotions perfectly, and I loved that the reason he rebelled was Amidala. [face_love] How romantic!

Personally, I'm curious as to what happened in between, the entire story. [face_mischief]

:D

Bravo! =D=

-Krystal

9. whiskers

May 19, 2005
    KrystalBlaze

Fall Out Boy's first album was better than the second, i'll give you that.

Heh.

What a gem of a fic!

Thanks a lot.

How... how interesting is the right word, I think.

Interesting indeed. I don't think it's a 100% original line of thought, but I'm glad that some people seem to think that I pulled it off very well.

You captured Vader's emotions perfectly, and I loved that the reason he rebelled was Amidala.

I was kind of worried about accusations of having Vader out-of-character, although being a Sith for thirteen years rather than a few minutes at this time will obviously change the character dramatically. I also enjoyed kind of contrasting Vader/Anakin's falls (to the Light and Dark Side) in both this story and the movie. The "doomed" relationship between Anakin and Padmé was also something I enjoyed writing.

Personally, I'm curious as to what happened in between, the entire story.

A lot of stuff happened, and since I've received a gag order from my mind (due to possibility of other stories that I may write involving this AU timeline) I'm not at liberty to say.

10. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    *wipes remaining tears from eyes*

*sniffle* man... that was heartbreakingly beautiful... only if Anakin wouldn't have died, but I guess he would've been executed for the crimes he comitted against the Republic anyway...

Padme is a sweetheart...

and the light side always prevails!! even if the dark side is very seductive some of the time...

Loved this... great job!=D=

Rachel Rose@};-

11. whiskers

May 19, 2005
    AnakinLuver

*sniffle* man... that was heartbreakingly beautiful... only if Anakin wouldn't have died,

Thanks a lot. It seems as if my attempts at writing a sad scene were successful.

but I guess he would've been executed for the crimes he comitted against the Republic anyway...

He wouldn't have had many friends to come to his defense, so I doubt that he could have gotten out of it.

Padme is a sweetheart...

and the light side always prevails!!

The light side almost always prevails! And the dark is seductive, especially in that period of time.

Thanks, I'm glad everyone who has replied liked the story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.