main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Family Vacation (slight humor/vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mystralgurl, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    ?Okay, everybody out the door! Let?s go! Go! Go! Go!?

Whines emitted from the kid?s bedroom?s. ?I don?t wanna go.?

?He kept hitting me last time!?

?I?ll wet myself again!?

Doeg Igel, husband to Athaleah Igel and father of Zibia, Tola and Sismai Igel, rolled his eyes. ?Oh well! We are going on vacation to Coruscant and that is final!?

Athaleah peeked in the door, Sismai, their youngest daughter, in her arms. ?Honey? You ready to go??

Doeg growled. ?I am. They ?? he said, gesturing violently at the to older children?s bedroom, ?Are not!?

Athaleah handed him the baby and marched into the bedrooms.

?Hey you *expletives edited here* kids! Lets get going or I?m going to kick your *expletives edited here*!?

Five seconds later, two children, a girl and a boy stumbled out of the rooms, their eyes wide.

Tola looked seriously at his father, his mouth open with astonishment. ?I didn?t know Mom knew language like that!?

Doeg frowned. ?Well, get out the door! The aircab is waiting and we are going to miss our security clearance to leave. Then you and your sister will be stuck in the same ship for three hours extra.?

Zibia stared at her father in horror. ?No! I?ll be good! I promise!? she scrambled out the door and into the aircab, her brother close behind.

They reached the spaceport with hardly any last minute ?I forgot?. !? and almost no having to ask the driver to turn around yet again.

An hour later, having just finished going through customs, the bags were in the Shut UP! (the children having named the ship, it being the only time they could get away with saying shut up to their parents) and all the children were strapped into their seats.

Finally getting off the surface of the planet, the complaints started.

?I?m hungry!?

?That?s because you slept to late and ran out of time to eat.?

?I need to tinkle!?

?You should have thought of that before we left. You can?t go while we are in line for hyperspace! It could be our turn any second.?

?He?s elbowing me!?

?Is there any blood??

?There will be soon!?

?Is he elbowing you that hard?!?

?No! I?m gonna kill him if he doesn?t stop! Then he?ll bleed everywhere.?

?You had better not young lady!?

?I?m not a young lady! Why did you make me sit next to him??

?That?s the only other seat in the ship!?

?Why can?t I sit in the front??

?Because I?m sitting here!?

?Mom ??

?SHUT UP!!!?

There was silence in the ship, and they entered hyperspace.

Coming out several hours later, the kids asleep, Coruscant sat in front of them.

Athaleah sat back in her seat and sighed. ?Now we only have to make it back alive.?

THE END

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Mystral... how on earth did you know my family when I was young. That was so much like my parents getting ready for vacation it's darnright scary!! Thankfully now I can laugh at it.

This was very funny!!!

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_laugh]

This is every family vacation we've ever taken. I'm an only child so I had no idea before I had kids. No wonder hubby laughed at my shock (he's one of five!) the first time they pulled this stuff!

Great work! :D

4. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    ROFLOL!! Too funny!

That right there is why we get up before the crack of dawn to leave on vacation. Everyone goes back to sleep before they have a chance to complain! :p

5. Tirra_Parr

Tirra_Parr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    Heeheehee, I've lived through enough of those types of trips.

That was great.

~tirra

6. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Good stuff! I have seven younger siblings, and my parents have gotten trips down to a science. But somethings never change . . .

7. DarthDolly

DarthDolly Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    LOL! That reminds me of our family vacations, but to a more interesting location. I've no doubt that its like this everywhere. :p

8. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    hey hey! looks like everyone enjoyed my spur of the moment vignette...

Leona It is the same with all families I guess.. I based it off of my family and our trips down to NC.... loud and obnoxious, you learn to pay attention to your cd player... and hope your batteries don't run out of juice! :D

VaderLVR lol... yea... it takes some getting used to, I'm sure, unless you grow up with it... glad you enjoyed!

mouse2 we used to go down to Georgia and visit my grandparents (who now live in Vegas) and we would leave about midnight... mom would put us to bed early, and they would drag us out of bed, into the van and we would be there before seven and before most of us woke up! I took the inspiration from that and our trips to NC... glad you liked it.. twas a lot of fun to write... :p

Tirra I guess everybody who posted on this thread has gone through something like that or they wouldn't find it so funny.. how many little kids went on yours? lol

maychorian no way! I have three older brothers and then two younger brothers and two younger sisters! seven total and really loud back before te oldest got his license and started driving himself down... :D Is there like a specific thing you can do to get little kids to stay quiet? but once you've got it down to an art form, your kids are taking their own kids on vacations! :p

DarthDolly I would guess so, or the ppl who haven't are just deprived.. lol

Glad everyone liked it!

9. Tirra_Parr

Tirra_Parr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    2 parents, me, and six little brats all shoved in a nine seater SUV.
    Half the time they would pull me out of school to do it. I took all
    advanced classes so the make up work was killer. I couldn't even
    enjoy Disney World because I was so worried about it.

By the time we got wherever we were going everyone was busy hating
    each other. I still have a chip missing out of my front tooth because
    my brother kicked me because I wouldn't let him sleep on top of me.

Family vacations are killer.

~tirra

10. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    and how! you poor thing! we have a twelve passenger van and there would be two seats left... made for a lot of arguements.... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.