main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A fan who only saw TPM and AOTC here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by CloneJedi, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneJedi

CloneJedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    Hi people! I'm a big fan of SW! I seen Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones in the movie theatres and I fell in love with the whole universe and the story. Then a couple friends came around and told me these were prequals to a trilogy already made...I thouhht they were remakes or something. So I then decided I wasen't going to see the older episodes till I seen Episode 3. So please don't spoil me on anything that might happen in Revenge of the Sith or the oringinal films! Thank you.

So, I thought about it...and you guys might find it weird that I never seen the original movies..so if you true fans have any questions on how I'm enjoying these films in the new order, please ask! I'll be happy to answer!

If this ain't the right forum, please tell me. I know these are considered prequals so I went to the Prequal Trilogy forum.

EDIT: Fixed up a few typos and made title a bit more clear. :)

2. CloneJedi

CloneJedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    Hmm no one posting...Guess I'll give some of my thoughts on the movies to get the ball rolling....

My favorate villian is Count Dooku because of his elegent graceful evil style and the fact that I was shocked that he was in league with Darth Sidious at the end! Also, Qui Gonn was one fo my fav good guys of the first movie and so naturally his master would be a good choice, even though I don't understand why exactly he turned evil...Maul was Awesome too! But then Obi Wan cut him in HALF and Obi stole his cool factor I think, which is good. Obi Wan rocks!

And Anakin...FINNALY a protaganist who is not all goody goody perfect super hero with no problems! It makes it easier to root for him. He's a more realistic hero who got everyday problems. I cried when his mom died in his arms...Sad moment.

Overall I like AOTC alittle better than TPM..it was more dramatic, and the characters were flehsed out a bit more though I missed Panaka, he was one of my fav minor characters of the Phantom Menace.

Any other questions you got for me? :)

3. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    Just a question, How old are you. The orginal trilogy has been around for over 20 years and unless you from a third world country that has no movie theaters or are under 10 years old i don't see how you could not know about them.

4. CloneJedi

CloneJedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    I'm 15 years old. My family was always very poor, we never really went to the movies very often. And yeah I heard about sw but it never really caught my attention until the hype for the Phantom Menace came about.

5. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    My advice for you would be to avoid the internet completely until after Episode 3 so you don't spoil any of the remaining films for yourself, it would suck if you found out something by accident.

So if you dont know anything about the other films, do you have any predictions or theories that you think might happen?

6. CloneJedi

CloneJedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    Thanks so much for the replies!

Anyway, Hmmm...well Judging by the title 'Revenge of the Sith' I was hoping we'd get to see more of the bad guys, espcially Dath Sidious. He's so myterious with that hood and all.

I watched the Clone Wars animated TV series, so I know the Chancellor is kidnapped by General Grivous and Ani and Obi are on their way to rescue him. That'd be a pretty cool plot but I hope it dosen't take the WHOLE movie. I also hope we learn more about Count Dooku and why he turned eivl and everything. Also..he seems the type of villian who could be saved..or turned back to the good side, so perhaps that is the case.

I'm also VERY interested in the Anakin and Padme story with their secret marriage and all..hehe would be cool to see what the Jedi reaction would be if they find out in this movie, esp. his friend Obi Wan.

I was also confused at why they had Anakin's trial in the cartoons? Isint that a big event that should have been in the movie?

Anyway since the Clone Wars are on, I expect to see more action scenes and I love how Anakin and Obi Wan's relationship devloped in the Clone Wars cartoons, from Master-Padawan, father-son to Brother-brother. Nice to see Obi Wan not as hard on him anymore.

I have a question though..don't tell me if its a spoiler..but do any of the Jeid know about what Anakin did to those Tusken people who killed his mom?

Thanks a ton! :)

7. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    In the Republic comics (which are EU), at least one Jedi finds out about the Tusken slaughter but does not tell the others, saying that Anakin's past and his secrets are his own burden and responsibility. (It's also been implied that the Jedi, including Obi-Wan, aren't so totally in the dark about Anakin and Padmé's relationship, though we don't know the extent of what they suspect.) This is, as I say, all EU, but interesting nonetheless, and good for insight into characters and situations just as the Clone Wars cartoons.

I agree with others that the smart thing to do is stay off the Internet entirely until RotS, but more practically, look out when reading anythingg that even so much as mentions Star Wars, because most of the big events of the Original Trilogy are common cultural knowledge. I'll be fascinated by how you see the OT, but in particular by how you react to this coming movie. We all know a lot of what to expect, but I think you're in for quite a ride.

-Paul

8. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    One of the biggest debates in these Forums are which is better, watching the Episodes in sequential order (1, 2, 3, etc.) or watching them the way they should be watched (4, 5, 6, 1, etc.). Obviously when we ask this question we are talking about how we will raise our kids and what order should we show them.

You are rare because not many people are in your situation. When you do watch Episode 3, 4, 5 and 6 ... please tell us what do you think was better. Watching them the way you watched them or wishing you had watched them in reverse.

Thank you, :)

9. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    or watching them the way they should be watched (4, 5, 6, 1, etc.)

1-6 is the order they should be watched, what you meant to say was "order of release".

10. CloneJedi

CloneJedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    Oh I will! Definitly. :) And I'll have to check out those 'republic' comics sometime then. :) Also, I don't go online much and when I come on these boards I ONLY go to this forum, I have it bookmarked. So as long as you guys don't post spoilers here, I'll be fine. :)

11. DarthPaul77

DarthPaul77 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    First of all let me just say that I'm really happy to hear someone who has never seen the Original Trilogy really embrace the Prequels. They are truly misunderstood and are wonderful adventure movies that I hope grow in popularity.

Second, I think its AWESOME that you are viewing them in chronological order. That's really what George Lucas always wanted from the beginning. Thats what any artist wants. To see his work the way it should be viewed.

I really liked Episode I and liked Episode II even more. What's better than the Clone Wars at the end of Episode II? I also enjoyed the love story and LOVE Padme.

I just can't wait until Episode III.

Enjoy these movies. They are timeless !

12. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    What do you think of Yoda?

Also what are your thoughts about the prophecy?

13. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Plo_Koen posted on 4/6/05 7:46am
    [i]or watching them the way they should be watched (4, 5, 6, 1, etc.)[/i]

1-6 is the order they [i]should[/i] be watched, what you meant to say was "order of release".
    [hr][/blockquote]
    If they [i]should've[/i] have been watched in order of 1-6, you would think that Lucas would have made them in that order.

[face_wink]

14. Plo_Koen

May 23, 2001
    Yeah, but he didn't, what's your point?

15. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Plo_Koen posted on 4/6/05 8:27am
    Yeah, but he didn't, what's your point?
    [hr][/blockquote]
    [face_confused], you lost me. My point was made in the last post.

16. ConcordDawn

ConcordDawn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    If you're waiting until after ROTS to see the original trilogy, I would prepare yourself for the fact that it's going to be totally and completely different than the PT. The graphics, though incredibly advanced for 1977, look like a middle school video project when compared to Episodes II or III. In addition, a lot of the surprises ("I am your father" or "Leia's my sister!") are already known. You have to keep in mind when watching it what it would feel like in 1977- watching the Star Destroyer sail overhead was the most incredible moment of many people's lives.

17. CloneJedi

CloneJedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    I apologize, I'm currently doing my schoolwork (am homeschooled) So my replies may take a little while.

What do you think of Yoda?

When I first saw TPM, throughout the movie I kept hearing the Jedi characters mention this Master Yoda and how he had a high midiclorians count and was all powerful...So I was expecting some big strong Jedi master human or something so when the movie progressed to the Republic captial scenes and we are at the Jedi temple and Yoda is this 2 foot tal little frongling toad..I was..quite surprised. hehe But Its good. It shows that being a Jedi is not about physical strength; But to be honest...the character seemed quite dull. Like your cranky old grandfather who gets mad at you for having any feelings. hehe. I mean the poor kid misses his mother, go easy on him!

Come AOTC, I fell in love with his character. He is so much cuter and compassionate in ep.2. Wiser too. Then when it got to the fight scene at the end...it was then that I relize WHY he was the MASTER of the Jedi!!! It blew me away! I would never expected him to fight like that, even though it was a little funny. Heh. I loved it! Yoda is now one of my fav Jedi.

I'll get back to your other questions in a bit, just got some work to do here.

Thanks for all the replies! :)

18. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    I agree with everyone that it's awesome and incredibly interesting what you're doing - I for one wish that I had the opportunity to forget everythin I know about star wars for about a day, and watch all of them (i.e. after ROTS comes out) in chronological order. But I can't do that... my question is, what do you think that the plot of the last three movies (4,5,6) will be? How do you think the rest of the saga will play out? I mean without seeing ROTS you might not be able to guess at all, but if you had to guess, what do you think that the whole thing is about, only seeing the first third?

Good luck with staying spoiler-free about the OT! So much of it is part of the pop culture... I'm not sure how anyone could avoid it, but if you can- good for you :)

Mr. P

19. Plo_Koen

May 23, 2001
    you lost me. My point was made in the last post.

Yes, and I agree with it, but I don't see why this is the reason the episodes should (present tense) be watched out of order.

I know it's confusing, but Lucas started with episode 4 for an entirely different reason. When the saga is finished, it should be watched chronological, it's the first thing that Lucas says in the TPM commentary, and the last thing in the ROTJ commentary.

20. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Plo_Koen posted on 4/6/05 8:45am
    [i]you lost me. My point was made in the last post.[/i]

Yes, and I agree with it, but I don't see why this is the reason the episodes should (present tense) be watched out of order.

I know it's confusing, but Lucas started with episode 4 for an entirely different reason. When the saga is finished, it should be watched chronological, it's the first thing that Lucas says in the TPM commentary, and the last thing in the ROTJ commentary.
    [hr][/blockquote]
    I got your point too, and I agree with you as well. Though I see it a little differently. That's okay though. :)

Anyway, can wait to hear your answer to this [b]CloneJedi[/b].

21. CloneJedi

CloneJedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    For some reason, everyone in this town hates SW and I lived here all my life, so I never really was interested in SW. Just thought it was some Star Trek rip off...Ok, guys hold your fire..that was the past. ;) I love it now! Its quickly becoming my favorate movie of all.

Hmm the Original trilogy..well ofcouse I know Darth Vader is that black armored bad guy with the helmet, so he's prolly gonna be the villian in those movies.

Anakin will probally be an old man in the original films...I mean its the only way it'd make sense since it has to be different actors for Hayden wasen't even born in 77!

I think Obi Wan is gonna die in ROTS like Qui Gonn in TPM. The Jeid will discover Anakin's marriage and ban him from the order, so Anakin probally tries to save the Galaxy on his own and defeat the Sith.

22. Plo_Koen

May 23, 2001
    This guy's a sock. ;)

23. Reverend_Duck

Reverend_Duck Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 20, 2005
    Disregard this post.

24. CloneJedi

CloneJedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
  25. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Oh boy!

I hope you stick around so we can see what you think after you see ROTS and the OT ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.