main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A fan who only saw TPM and AOTC here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by CloneJedi, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneJedi

CloneJedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    what do you think that the whole thing is about, only seeing the first third?

Well so far, judging by episodes 1 and 2, it seems the bad guys and the good guys aren't so basic in this series as it is in many other saga's. The main hero murders a whole village of people, the elegant civilized COunt Dooku is evil, the Republic is corrupt, etc. I love it! Its so much more deep than most of the other fantasty stories.

Its too early in the series to really tell what the whole thing is about but it seems the premise is NOT so black and white: Good and evil but more gray. More relistic even in a Galaxy far far away. Its really fasinating!

2. CloneJedi

CloneJedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    Also what are your thoughts about the prophecy?

It totally passed right over my head on first viewing. To be honest, I found it to be quite corny and clic'he. 'The Chosen One' just sounds cheesy. But I guess it it neesesary because it is the only reason they trained Anakin at such an older age.

3. CloneJedi

CloneJedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    I still don't understand the Anakin's virgin birth thing...How can there be no father? Sounds like a rip off of Jesus, no offense. heh.

4. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    1. sorry but i dont believe u have never seen ep4/5/6, its just my opinion but i think u are playing us

2. "Second, I think its AWESOME that you are viewing them in chronological order. That's really what George Lucas always wanted from the beginning. Thats what any artist wants. To see his work the way it should be viewed."

did u buy the pulp fiction dvd and use the scene selection to watch it in 'chronological order' or did u watch it the way it was intended to be watched? star wars is meant to be watched 4-6 then 1-3 otherwise it just doesnt make sense

3. the guy who talked about the surprises in the OT. he has said he wants to stay spoiler free (if he hasnt seen the OT) so why have u posted these comments?

5. CloneJedi

CloneJedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    Yeah that was very annoying, I shifted my eyes away as soon as he was talking about surprises.

6. majin_yami

majin_yami Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    Well, I gotta say this isn't something you see every day.
    I think the reason why so many people dislike the PT because they have watched all the other films and so keep on comparing the two trilogies. However, you, a person who has only seen the prequels, has enjoyed the prequel films and doesn't expect them to be a carbon copy of the originals.

7. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I still don't understand the Anakin's virgin birth thing...How can there be no father? Sounds like a rip off of Jesus, no offense. heh.

First of all, it's not a virgin birth, it's called Immaculate Conception. Second of all, it is a theme common through mythology from around the whole world. It is certainly NOT exclusive to the Christian belief. Remember that there are other perspectives in this world than just your own.

As for understanding how there can be no father, it's called the mystery of the Force. The mystical nature of the Force is not something can can be explained or really needs to be explained. How does the supernatural work?

8. Moons_of_Iego_angel7

Moons_of_Iego_angel7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 2, 2005
    On Anakin's "virgin" birth...He was concieved by the force...after all he is the chosen one, Anakin was needed to make the balance the force (or whatver) So I think once Anakin made the wrong choice (that's not spoiling nething every1 knows about vader) Someone *else* had 2 come along and *help* him out...4 all of us who have seen the *other* movies we knoe who that *someone* was....but yeah newayz he was concieved by the force....
    Moons_of_Iego_Angel7

9. StarWarsFanBoy

StarWarsFanBoy Jedi Master star 1

Dec 29, 2004

This is too good. on one hand i want to pull a homer Simpson and spoil Empire strikes back. but on the other hand messing with him by feeding him the False spoliers to make the flims intresting.

I also think this is a farce. Unless your Amish you know star wars. bits and pices have been used in movies and the like for years it so huge yo couldn't aviod it if you wanted too.

I'll be good though and go along with this whole thing.

So do you think Anakin will confron Vader in ep.3 based on your knowlage of just TPM and ATOC? :D

10. CloneJedi

CloneJedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    Yeah thanks alot for spoiling me. I really appreciate it. See ya around.

11. nyjet10

nyjet10 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 1, 2005
    Moons of Ego Angel7, your a total dumb ass. No spoiler means NO SPOILERS. If you read it first post he has seen TPM AND AOTC. Nowhere does it say ROTS trailer.

Strilo edit: Flaming is not acceptable.

12. GrandAlmightyMaster

GrandAlmightyMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2003
    What, if anything, do you know about the OT?

13. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    First of all, it's not a virgin birth, it's called Immaculate Conception.

Strilo, unless you're trying to imply that Shmi, or Anakin, was conceived without being subject to Original Sin, then virgin birth is a much more accurate term. In Christian theology (specifically Roman Catholic), Mary's conception is the Immaculate Conception and the term isn't applied directly to Jesus at all; Christ's birth is simply the Virgin Birth, and Anakin's would be too. An easy enough confusion, though.

CloneJedi - As far as the comics go, what I'd suggest is picking them up in TPB format; you'll get most of the main stories, and tracking them down issue by issue will be difficult now. I particularly recommend the Clone Wars stories, which are published in their own special collections. I've not felt the novels have done a sufficient job of handling the Clone Wars, but the comics do it beautifully, probably even better than the cartoon. I know some people aren't big EU fans, and I can even understand (if not agree with) dismissing older EU and the stuff that comes after the movies. But this has all been carefully planned out, talked through in light of the movies, and really does IMO make an integral part of the universe; if you're not into it already, you should consider checking it out.

And good luck on your quest to stay Spoiler-Free through Episode VI! (I doubt there are many people who can claim that as a goal.) I hope some people here don't ruin it for you.

-Paul

14. ConcordDawn

ConcordDawn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Yeah that was very annoying, I shifted my eyes away as soon as he was talking about surprises.

Yeah, sorry about that, I probably should have thought a little more before posting that. But if you really know nothing about the OT they would make no sense to you anyway. Anyway, update us after you see III-VI. I'd be really interested to know what you thought about them, having seen the saga in order.

EDIT: Upon reading your reply above, I retract my apology. You're obviously a sock. What Moons_of_Iego said would make no sense to someone who actually knew nothing about ROTS or the OT. Maybe I'm wrong, and if I am, forgive me. But I highly, highly doubt it.

15. Gemini9857

Gemini9857 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    *faints*

I can NOT believe that you haven't seen ANH, ESB & ROTJ. I didn't see them in the theatres (because I wasn't born yet) but I fell in love with them at an early age. I won't spoil anything for you or anything but you may want to avoid many things on the internet/even because it's everywhere. But keep in mind when you see the OT that it was 77 so the effects were really advanced for back then, we have come a long way with special effects.

16. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Welcome to the boards! This is quite rare. Very rare infact, I have not yet met anyone who has never seen a Star Wars movie in MY WHOLE LIFE! This is exciting! Stay on the boards! But STAY AWAY FROM THE OT AND ROTS BOARDS!

17. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I think this has gone far enough. I find reasonable evidence that this is not what it purports to be. Things don't add up here and I think CloneJedi is not telling the truth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.