main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx A farewell to comrades in arms.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Phoenyx, Sep 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoenyx

Phoenyx Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2002
    Hails and well met. Now that things have slowed down, and I have a few brief moments to myself I would like to take the time to say my farewells to friends whom I had only recently met. Particularly Kreleia and Voiddancer. Time it appears has once again conspired against me. That evening, when I convinced Moe to let me tag along to Reign of Fire, and we then went to Dennys and then Voids? house was very good for me. I had been feeling slightly melancholy and you cheered me up quite a bit. I really didn?t have the time to get to know you half as well as I would have liked, nor half as well as you deserved. There is something in Kreleia that brought out my playful side that evening. I think had circumstances been different and had I met her much earlier, I could have been deliriously happy making Kreleia deliriously happy. I just hope that whoever she is with recognizes how special she is. Yes I said it, but then I am a sentimental fool, so sue me. I must admit that it could also have been the influence of Sideshow. We tend to play off each other quite well. He and I share bonds that most wouldn?t understand. And I?m a Leo to boot. Well, we still have the Storm my brother. No longer will we walk to Frys at 4 in the morning for a can of Cream of Mushroom soup. No longer will we be able to sit up till all hours of the morning discussing our interpretations of Robert Jordan?s? latest mind twister. In Void I found a kindred spirit with whom I could have spent countless hours discussing just about anything, everything, or perhaps just the mysteries of physics. And of course there is the sore fact that I never got to try my hand on the field of battle against you. One day, I will remedy that fact. And I think the pile of ?mechs that grows at each of our feet will be a testament to the ferocity of our engagement. And last but not least is my old drinking buddy Moe. I never did get those Race Face cranks from you. You should bring them with you when you visit. The biking up here is incredible. Not to mention the hunting. And sometime when you do get up here, I will take you to Applebees, and this time I?LL pick up the tab. It?s just down the road from where I work for Dell. Yes that?s right I got a job. Perhaps the world really IS ending. It?s getting colder now. At night the air is crisp and sharp, and the stars go on forever. These are the times for campfires and the stories of times long gone. It?s on nights like this when I miss my friends the most. When I sit reclining on a log and gaze fully into the flames, seeing my breath steam in the air. I miss you all, my Cymbrogi. Be well.

2. Darth_Greedo

Darth_Greedo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2002
    Hey Joe...Well I guess you forgot the little guy like usual. But it was nice knowing you. And we will see you again soon.

(Nice to know that I can be forgotten so easily.)

3. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    :eek: :( What happened Joe? Where'd you go? It sucks rather badly that we haven't been able to hang out with you more. Thanks for the compliments too. :) I'm disappointed that I haven't been able to get to know you more. You're a great guy.

Good luck in all of your endeavours - you deserve the best.

^.^

4. Phoenyx

Phoenyx Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2002
    I'm sorry Greedo. I was typing through tears, and in my minds eye you kinda blurred together with the picture of Yoda I have hanging on my wall. I didn't mean to exclude anyone, rather I was just sighting those whom I could think of at the time. When I'm ready for another bout of heart wrenching typing, and my eyewhipers get here, I'll post about the rest of you. I promise. Ye see, unlike most people I don't a 'FEW' close friends and a lot of aquaintences, I have a 'LOT' of really good friends, and a few aquiantences. And now I've been broght back to the north where in time immemorial I was whelped. I used to move around a lot when i was younger, more then most Mill-brats, and I didn't make friends, kinda keeping to myself and the wall I had built around myself. In arizona That wall crumbled, and I found a great group of people that I kept adding to. Then circumstances once again flew out of my control, and I was brought here. My heart aches at the loss, and yearns for the companionship I have grown used to. Intime, things will return to normal. untill then, I will just have to wait. Sorry, didn't mean to ramble on.

5. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    well bro, i'm gonna miss you.
    we definately had some good times, and without you, my life would be lacking.
    some of the best memories of my life are ones of playing magic, btech, and FF III at your place, until i fell asleep in the recliner.
    well, we may be on opposite sides of the country now, but know that you will always be one of the closest people to me.

your brother forever...
    sideshow

6. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    My friend, I couldn't agree more with what Sideshow said. Since I have known you, you have been one of my closest friends. I miss you good buddy.

To those who didn't know, BTW, Joe moved back to Gooding, Idaho.

7. Darth_Greedo

Darth_Greedo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2002
    Yeah but Joe I was playing around we are bro's and will forever be I learned how to game from you so how can I forget that. You were their when I needed someone to talk to and I will never forget that.
    Your friend,
    Scott.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.