main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Fastracked Future : Return of the Sith: !!COMPLETE!! Episode 2 started on The Saga Boards

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by son-of-kenobi, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. son-of-kenobi

son-of-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    hi, this is my first ever fanfic, and i don't know if it's any good, but i'll give it a go...

Characters: Obi wan Kenobi(20),QuiGon Jinn(50's), Siri(19), Bant(20), Reeft(20), Garen(20), the Jedi Council, 5 Sith lords, Sidious,Maul, and others i will reveal in the future.
    Timeline: 9 years prior to TPM, but characters are as old as they are in TPM. They all are born earlier in this story.
    Prologue

Jedi Masters Mace Windu and Yoda had always shared a meditation chamber, and today was no exception. As usual Mace walked into the chambers to find the over eight hundred year Jedi Master, deep in meditation, but never had he heard him muttering to himself at the same time. Mace continued starring disbelievingly at Yoda, who with sheer exhaustion ended his meditation with a huge smile.

"Seen something master?" Inquired a somewhat bewildered Mace Windu.
    " Arrived, The Chosen One, has", Yoda proclaimed.

anyone interested?

more soon...tonight, if anyone replies
    Vish

2. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    i'm interested!

interiguing (is that spelt right?) start

please write some more. :)

3. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    thanks Suzy, shall post the first chapter, in about 9 hours :)

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Look forward to seeing the first chapter.

5. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    Chapter 1

A Step Up for All
    [hr]
    As the sun slowly lit the buildings of Coruscant, the rays of light reflected of the millions of speeders and transports that circumnavigated the capital off the Galactic Republic. As the light crept into the highest windows of the highest tower of the only red building on the planet, the Jedi Council was the already in session, congratulating a twenty year old boy for passing the Jedi Trials.

?Confer upon you the title of Jedi Knight; we do, Obi-wan.? Yoda said with satisfaction.

?Thankyou Masters, I am most grateful? the former perfect padawan said.

? No, it is us who should be thanking you, you stopped a certain war from starting on Malastare, you handled the situation very well.? Senior Jedi Councillor Mace Windu stated,
    ? You are granted a weeks leave as well, Obi-wan, you may spend it here or on vacation, the choice is yours.?

? Thankyou Master Windu? Obi wan said, as he bowed to the leaders of the Jedi Council.

?May the Force be with You Knight Kenobi?

Jedi Knight Obi-wan Kenobi and his former Master Qui-gon Jinn bowed deeply again as then turned to exit the chamber of the Jedi Council. The two Jedi Knights left the chamber and had just stepped inside the turbolift when the senior padawan on duty called out to them.

? Please wait Master Jinn, the council wishes to see you!?

? Why? ? Qui gon asked bewildered as he turned to face the Senior Padawan.

? I don?t know, but there is a timeslot here with your name in it, for right now.?

?Ok Padawan Muln I shall see them, see you later Obi wan, I?ll be back soon.?

Quigon Jinn re-entered the Council chambers as Obi wan and Garen Muln started yet another conversation.

?So, Knight Kenobi Congratulations!? Garen began with mock humbleness.

?Jeez Garen, your gonna be a knight tomorrow, so call me Obiwan like you have for the past 20 years, nothin?s changed ? Obi wan stated quite seriously, completely missing Garen sarcasm.
    ?It?s tomorrow right?? Obi wan asked suddenly confused, ? Your knighting??

? Nope, today, after Siri?s and before Bant?s and Reeft?s, in the afternoon.? Garen supplied, with a learnt off by heart precision, but with a sad smile, for it had been a while since they had last caught up.

?So party in the rec room huh??

?Well obviously! But we could go out for a change? Hey??

?We?ll see.?

?Ok then see ya later Obi?

"Yes Masters?" Qui Gon replied with quite some anxiousness as he rightly felt.

" Grand Padawan" Yoda started," good news for you we have."

"What might that be masters?" Quigon vocally mused

"Master Gallia would like to return to active service, for she has taken another Apprentice, so we have chosen you to fill her spot on the council."Mace Windu announced with all seriousness, although his face showed that he was delighted to see his friend of old be selected on the council at last.

" I am honoured, thank you" Quigon replied with quite a smile.

"We expect to you here tomorrow at sunrise Qui, don't be late" Mace mockingly warned, with a broad grin on his face. For he well knew that his friend would never be late for an important meeting such as this.

"I shan't" Qui gon smirked as he bowed and left the room.

"The first test for his apprentice, tomorrow we shall announce", Yoda stated to the council, "a test to see if Quigon can keep a secret, it also will be.."
    [hr]

please reply, if anyone bothers reading it, much appreciated

6. Black_Scout

Nov 10, 2003
    You replied with my name, no-one else does that, I'm impressed.

Nice start, interesting that you've given Qui-Gon a council seat, i'd like to see how that goes. I'm also interested in this secret keeping business.

7. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    i'd like to see where you are going with this! :)

8. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    Chapter 2 celebrations

Italics means thoughts
    ~ speech~ means through a force bond

[hr]

[i] ?What would the council want of Qui-gon? Hah, they have made him a councillor!? [/i]
    ~ ?Master, well done, on the council at last!? ~
    ~ ?Obi wan, how did you know? ~
    ~? Well, for one your shields are down and you are projecting you thoughts, and two, I?ve never seen you this happy.? ~
    ~? Ahh, so that?s why everyone has been smiling at me??~

Qui-gon cut the bond as he saw his 20 year old former apprentice, dangling his uncovered feet in the pool, beneath the waterfalls, enjoying the coolness of the water, soaking and healing his feet, something they used to do together when he was younger.

?Sit down, and dip in, Master, this is good for your feet, you know,? Obi wan said with some concern, ?your always in boots.?

?Yes ok,? Qui-gon conceded as he sat and removed his boots, ?by the way, both of us need to be with the council tomorrow morning, me at sunrise, you at 9 am. I think they have a mission for you? ?

? But I?m on holiday,? Obi half heartedly complained, for his master knew that he was anxious and looking forward to a first mission, as a knight.

?Don?t worry about it, we?re going out tonight, we have good reasons to celebrate.? Qui-gon stated excitedly, ? We?re going to have some fun!?
    ----------

?Can?t we get a speeder??
    ?Obi-wan Kenobi, where are we going??
    ? Are we going to Dex?s??
    The five newly knighted Jedi made their way through the busy streets of the dark side of Coruscant, force leaping from catwalks until the reached the lower levels.

?Jeez, Reeft, Bant, Siri, calm, down, and yes we are going to dex?s diner, and I thought it would be good, to walk, at least we can get some fresh air.? Obi wan replied to the mass outcry of his friends.

?What did you get us?? Garen asked, hoping that he was right.
    ?Garen, as I said earlier, it is and will remain a surprise.? Obi wan sighed as he struggled to hold under the pressure of his friends questions.

?Where are we meeting Qui-gon, obi?? Bant asked with concern, ?Why didn?t he come with us??

?He will meet us at Dex?s for he is getting us something to drink and picking something up that I ordered in for you all.?

? Ah, Master Jinn, congratulations!? Siri stated as they walked around a corner into Dex?s diner to find Qui-gon Jinn sitting in a booth.
    ?Well, sit down, and Obi-wan can give out the presents, the food is coming soon.?

? Do we get cake??

The five others exploded with laughter as Reeft once again asked with all seriousness, " Don't we get cake?"

[hr]

9. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    doesn't anybody want to read it?:(

10. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    well, a fun night on the town before--I think--something serious comes up!

what did Obi Wan get them? Why would the council give him 2 weeks vacation and then a mission the next morning?? keep it going :)

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    A nice story! You're doing a great job! I'll keep reading if you'll keep writing!

12. Black_Scout

Nov 10, 2003
    Good chapter, I love Reeft's cake thingy.

I'll say the same as VaderLVR64; I'll keep reading as long as your writing.

13. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    thanx for reading all of you, i took your advice, so here's the next section.. Hope it's alright... comments are always welcome

Chapter 3 Secrets and Assignments

Italics means thoughts
    ~ speech~ means through a force bond
    [hr]

Part 1

Newly instated Jedi Councillor Qui-gon Jinn woke the next morning hours before sunrise, with thoughts swarming around his brain. He could hardly remember what he did last night, with his former apprentice and his friends, but whatever he did do, it had given him this hangover and memory loss. He rose from his sleep couch, only to fall back, his sense of balance, completely forsaking him. Dipping into the ever-present energy field of the force, he slowly rose from the bed, and with some difficulty made it to the refresher, and stepped into a cold water shower.

As his mind tried to piece together the events of last night, a smile came to his face as he remembered the gifts Obi-wan gave to him, and his friends. A Force activated Galactic Positioning Device. A device that would enable one of them to contact any one or the entire group, when in trouble or for just keeping contact, built with a pulsing heater for cold places and set in a force sensitive river stone. An expensive gift, worth nearly all of his padawan's 5 year savings. He then thought about the meager gift he had given them, Correllian Ale and whisky, and two huge cakes.

[i] Yes, that is why I?m so tired; I drank nearly all of the whisky.
    I had better get all those toxins out of me, before I front up to the council. [/i]

Qui-gon exited the cold shower and left the ?fresher as he heard Obi-wan groan from his bedroom as his alarm went of. Like all the other times he had saw this happen, he smile as obi-wan force pushed the alarm?s off button and went back to sleep. Even as a knight Obi-wan would never be a morning person.

---------

Qui-gon Jinn entered the council chamber, in formal, dark brown Jedi robes, with his near shoulder length hear in a small ponytail. As he sat down, in the chair obviously left for him, Mace Windu, started the session.

?We shall start with the morning meditation meld, Qui.? Mace informed his friend of the normal council procedure. ?Lower you shields enough to let others use the living force potential in you, and you can also use their strength in the Unifying force.?

For over an hour they meditated as one entity. Their breathing in an eerily steady beat, their hearts all beating at the same time, their thoughts all focused on one place.

Tatooine.

It was Yoda, who finally spoke, as he increased his shield levels and signalled to the others that they should listen. ?A good mission for the new knights this would be, hmm.?

Mace also added to the start of the forum, ?There is nothing there that five knights couldn?t handle.?

?Yes,? Plo Koon added with some finality, ?They must free all the slaves, and bring the Chosen One and his mother to Coruscant, how hard could it be??

?Cautious they must be,? Yaddle spoke out attracting attention to herself, as she spoke,? a trained dark presence there, I sense. Feels it too, Qui-gon does.?

?Yes,? Qui-gon replied, ?the dark side is there, in a high concentration. Not just angry slaves or slavers, but dark force users.?

The rest of the council visibly shuddered, and then meditated on this revelation, trying to confirm this piece of unwanted news.
    Low murmurs broke out as the councillors agreed with Qui-gon and Yaddle.
    Minutes passed before Mace once again called for silence on behalf of Yoda.
    Once quiet had returned, Yoda slowly stood, and wobbled to the centre of the room, leaning heavily on his gimmer stick. He turned to face Qui-gon and locked eyes with him, assessing the feelings of his Grand padawan. Finally breaking the stare, Yoda returned to his seat.

?Hmm, agree do we that a good mission for these knights it will be? Hrmm? ? Yoda asked, for he valued the opinions of the other councillors.

?No, Obi-wan and his friends aren?t ready to face darksiders alone.? Qui-g

14. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I always loved Yaddle in the books, so glad to see her show up here! :D

15. Cookietribble

Cookietribble Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2004
    Hey,I like this one!!
    Never read a story with those five (Ex-)Padawans together on a mission - that`s really cool! [face_love]
    I always wondered how that would be - how did you get the idea for this story? :confused:
    I`m gonna make sure that I keep up with it! :D
    Can`t wait for the next chapter!
    More soon? *begs*
    ~Cookietribble ;)

16. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    cool! a mission with all five of them??!!! great! that's going to be fun!

keep going! :)

17. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    thanx for the reviews contructive critisism is appreciateds and sought after..... update coming soon

18. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    JUST UPPING MY STORY...HOPING THAT OTHER WILL ALSO READ IT...AND REPLY...SO I CAN POST CHAPTER 3 PART B

19. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    Newly knighted Jedi Obi-wan Kenobi exited the turbolift surprised to see his friends Garen, Bant and Reeft staring at him, with an impatient air.
    ?Take your time Obi!? Garen broke the silence, ?Where is Siri??
    ?She?s supposed to be here?? Obi-wan questioned.
    ?Yeah we all got the same memo from the council as you, 0900 hours, and sixth day of the first month.?
    ?Oh, here she is now, right on!? Reeft spoke as he glance Siri striding out of the turbolift.
    ?Right on time, Siri, not a moment too early.? Bant smirked as she playfully admonished the youngest of the 5 knights.
    ?Well, let?s go in.? Siri snapped in unapparent impatience.
    ----

As they walked into the Council chamber, with Obi-wan in the lead, the Jedi Council quietened and once again silence reigned. The five Jedi Knights bowed to the Yoda and Mace Windu as teal doors slid closed.

?A mission for you we have,? Master Yoda started as the five knights waited with forced patience. ?an important group mission this will be.?

? We have decided to send you to Tatooine.? Mace Windu informed with a deadpan expression only he could muster.

? Tatooine?? Obi-wan swivelled clockwise to look at his former master Qui-gon Jinn, who only nodded in reply.

?Yes, Tatooine? Mace continued, as though Obi-wan had not interrupted him,
    ?The senate feels it is time to stop the slave trading and smuggling that exists on Tatooine and finally bring it under the jurisdiction of the Republic.?

?You will split up into two teams and eradicate slavery in both Mos Eisley and Mos Espa.? Plo added in.

?Feel a raw force potential there do we, and plan to bring him to the temple we do, to strong to go untrained it is.? Yoda stated with hidden meaning, ?Dark times ahead do I feel, and important he will be.?

?You must bring the boy here, do whatever is necessary to bring him here.? Plo stated with a rare emotion filled voice.

Everyone in the chamber stared at the Master's use of language, for it was nearly forbidden to use that phrase. It implied that they could use all means possible, moral or immoral and was highly frowned upon. Plo smiled and apologized sincerely for his choice of words.

?And the rest of the slaves, do we pay for their freedom, or do we just force their owners to give in?? Siri asked bluntly; for she was always on to get straight to the point.
    ?The senate will be paying for the slaves, and will be giving those who wish to be transported off planet, free transport.? Qui-gon provided as Siri rocked on her heels in impatience."Bant shall make sure the slave chips area safely removed."

?Build new lightsabers you all must, for we feel that you may need to use two each?. A spare you should always have.? Yoda calmly stated and then chuckled with slight amusement, as he saw the looks of utter befuddlement on the five knight?s faces.

"We, the council have changed the rule about sabers,? Mace Windu spoke,? We feel that if you accidentally lose your saber, it would be better to have a spare. We shall be getting every knight to build a spare one. Potentially dangerous missions demand more safety."

?But masters,? Garen piped up, for the first time in this session ?what could go wrong??

20. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Another great chapter! You're doing a great job.

21. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    just upping....hoping some others will read my fic.......stilll waiting .......

22. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    sorry, son-of-kenobi!! i didn't realize you had posted!

love Garen's last line--"what could go wrong?" does he not know that's bad luck??!! :D

hehe....keep it up!

23. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    post coming up tomorrow.... jinn and the knights.....saber training....saber skills.....

and yeah...i don't think garen knows that it is bad luck...and remember....the jedi don't believe in luck or fate....just the force!!

24. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    Chapter 4

Secrets, Skills and Surprises

Two days later, newly knighted Jedi knight Obi-wan Kenobi found himself exiting a turbo lift in front of the Lightsaber Training rooms, specially built for Jedi knights. As he entered the sparsely populated room, his four friends; Siri, Garen, Bant and Reeft, all stopped their practice with their newly constructed lightsabers and turned to face the newcomer.

?Well, I have news, from the council.? Obi-wan started as Siri fixed him with a piercing glare. ?We have another member of our team, another newly knighted friend of ours.? Obi wan continued as the others tuned into him.
    ?It?s Luminara isn?t it?? Bant suddenly spoke up, surprising everyone else.
    ?Yep. Luminara is coming with us to Tatooine, and we are leaving tomorrow.?
    ?Why, weren?t we supposed to leave in three days??
    ?Yeah, but master Yoda thinks that ?the chosen one? is in a bit of danger.? Obi explained
    ?Well, fair enough, we should get him out their quickly.? Garen considered.

?Luminara is going to be here soon, we should do some more sparring.? Siri stated as she ignited both her pink lightsabers, and attacked Garen; who defended with his two green lightsabers and then counterattacked as he moved away from the others who watched the pair move towards the middle of the salle and increased the tempo of their training duel. Siri: leaping and rolling, striking and counterstriking, thrusting and parrying, while Garen stood nearly still, controlling the duel, spinning and swiveling, defending and counterattacking, keeping Siri?s attacks out with both his lightsabers.

As the pair continued, spinning and striking, defending and parrying, Reeft suddenly attacked Obi-wan and Bant simultaneously, with his two blue lightsabers, attacking both of his friend?s heads as they reacted with force enhanced speed to block his blow with their own sabers. Bant?s yellow saber started with a cool snap- hiss as it rose to parry his half hearted blow. Obi-wan ducked out of the way of the first attacked and spun away from Reeft, mid spin he activated his brand new silver bladed saber and held it at the ready next to his hip, all of the Jedi in the room stopped and turned as the saber suddenly hissed and emitted many large sparks. Obi-wan quickly turned on his other silver bladed saber, remembering that his sabers only worked when they both were turned on. He mentally signaled to Bant and Reeft that he was alright, and that he was ready to take them on. Reeft suddenly shut off one of his sabers and attacked Obi wan with the other. Five minutes later, Bant turned on her other golden saber as obi-wan turned both of his sabers off and ignited his single green saber and in tandem with Reeft, attacked Bant.

Luminara Unduli, newly knighted Jedi entered the unfamiliar training hall to see her five friends power dueling, with force enhanced speed, and power. She quickly turned on one of her purple lightsabers and joined Siri?s fight against Garen.

<?Siri, I?m joining you, so turn one of your sabers off, we?ll go two on one.? >

<?Sure thing, you took your time Lumi.?>

Both dueling groups sparred for over three hours, switching single combatants and teams, until Bant and Siri nearly collapsed from exhaustion, perfecting their techniques and skills, until they considered themselves ready.

All six of them soon left for the dining hall, looking forward to a big dinner.

25. DarkElfa

DarkElfa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2005
    I'm finding this quite intriguing although I'm somewhat puzzled as to how this branching off of the cannon occured.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.