main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Fastracked Future : Return of the Sith: !!COMPLETE!! Episode 2 started on The Saga Boards

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by son-of-kenobi, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. son-of-kenobi

son-of-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    inwas thinking...and then it hit...me...what would happen if everything got sped up? ...and then it started.....chapter five up later today...or tomorrow....

btw...thanx for reading so far...
    more written reviews appreciated

2. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    someone...anyone..if you have read this story...say so..!!!!
    post tomorrow

Chapter 5: Travel

Chapter 6: Tatooine Part 1

3. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    Chapter 5
    Arrival

Jedi Knight Garen Muln, sat at the helm of the Jedi Shuttle JS2100, thinking of their hurried, premature departure from Coruscant. The whole temple had been buzzing with excitement. The six knights were going to annex a system to the republic, and their was a dangerous factor to this mission, that they weren?t publicly aware of. It was not the Council, but the meal-server who told Reeft about the supposed danger.

~Ha! Reeft has always been nice to the meal-server, trying to get more and more food, and now it had paid off!!~

It had been a long three days, but that is all it had been. Three long days, travelling through hyperspace, to a land of legend, of myth and of legendary lawlessness. Tatooine, orbiting two bright red giant suns, with barely a drop of water was not the place Bant Eerin wanted to be going to, but as a Jedi she went where she was told, at least she knew that she would still be hydrated, the ship she and her five companions were travelling in, the JC2100 had a hydrospa built in, to keep her skin hydrated to optimum, Calamarian levels.

Sitting in the main cabin, she sat talking to her friend and fellow jedi healer, Luminara Unduli, as Obi-wan Kenobi and Siri Tachi, practised their saber skills.

In the control room, commonly known as the cockpit, Garen Muln, and Reeft Tomor sat watching the hyperspace starlines pass the panels of the fasted cruise ship in the galaxy. The JS2100, with most advanced hyperdrive in the galaxy did 5 times the speed of light and carried enough fuel to travel across the galaxy three times, without refueling. The ship amazed Garen, they had only been travelling three days, and the ships hyperdrive let them travel at 5 times the sped of light, faster than any other ship in the galaxy. A first of it?s kind, the Jedi had bought it with a fleet of single man snubfighters.

"Two minutes, Reeft" Garen broke the comfortable silence.
    " Two minutes till what? Garen" Reeft asked with sincere bewilderment.
    " Two minutes till we cut out of hyperspace and into Tatooine." Garen replied with exasperation. He was amazed at Reeft's short memory. It was only an hour ago when reeft had started his daily quota of "are we there yet?'s" and he had alreaqdy forgotten about it.

As Garen pulled out of hyperspace, the darkness hit him head on, like a battering ram on frail unlocked walls. This was the darkness the council didn't tell them about. It was something they had accidentally found out about. The deception had put Siri and Obi-wan on edge with their former masters, as councillors they should have told them, and they both felt betrayed. The departure was not good.

~flashback~

The darkness of night surrounded all of them, as they prepared their departure. The retractable launch pad extending out of a spire, on it stood the JS2100, a ship that no one but the upper echelons of both the senate and the Jedi knew about, and eleven Jedi Knights and a Jedi Councillor. The six departing knights stood close to their awaiting ship, casually talking amongst themselves, waiting for Mace Windu and Yoda to arrive.

?See you soon master, worry not, we shall be fine!? Garen stated with confidence to his former Master Clee Rhara.
    ? Yes, I know you will be, but be careful and may the force be with you.? Clee replied earnestly.
    Next to Garen stood Reeft, saying his goodbyes to his former master Ry-Gaul.
    At the other end of the launch pad, stood Luminara and her former master Depa Billaba, exchanging friendly goodbyes and good luck.
    Yet it was the scene in the middle of the pad, that turned the departure sour.
    Facing each other stood Qui-gon Jinn and Obi-wan Kenobi and Siri Tachi and Adi Gallia, the younger Jedi practically seething with anger at their masters.

?You betrayed me, Master.?
    ? Did it for a reason did he, permitted to tell the whole truth he was not!? Yoda had arrived, and with him Mace Windu.
    ? We knew how you would react, that is why we held this information from you.

4. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    hello anybody there?

5. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    no one interested?????

6. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    hello...hello......(echoes in the distance)
    anybody there.....anybody there????

7. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    hello????? readers?????

hello????

8. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    next chapter later today!!

9. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    I hear your echo son-of-kenobi!!:)
    I'm here!!! Helloooooo*echoes back* lol .. I really like this story.. especially the fact that you have all the ex-padawans in it! they are soo great together!! Great story and can't wait for more!!!

10. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    Chapter 6

The mission Part 1

The Six Jedi knights crept silently down the main streets of Mos Espa, cloaking their presence in the force as not to reveal their location to the Dark force users. Keeping to the shadows of the well kept streets, the six Knights initiated a force mind meld, surrounding and keeping Obi-wan?s mental shields and cloaking, allowing him to open his mind and use the force to ?look? for the ?chosen one?.

After a minute or so of hardened concentration, Obi-wan pointed them to the left, and lead them along a minor street, maintaining a low shield, as they walked towards a vast, tomb like walkthrough arch, with a rusting iron plated dome, obviously, a divider between the clean and the ?dirty? side of town. As they stepped through the barrier, the dark aura of the place hit the unsuspecting Jedi like a runaway freight train, pummelling their minds with anger, fury, pain and hatred. In under two seconds the six Knights had firmly erected stronger shields as Garen spoke.
    ?You just said there was no need for extreme cautiousness, and we get hit by that! Was that some sort of joke??
    Obi-wan glared back at him, ?Would I do that? Huh??
    ?No but?.Reeft could?ve influenced you??
    ?Hey!?
    ?At least it wasn?t as bad as Xanatos, going full throttle,?
    ?Hey stop bickering boys, we have trouble.? Siri interrupted as she pulled out a lightsaber her actions mirroring those of Luminara. Both held a single inactive lightsaber in their hands, assessing the danger that seemed to surround them. Seconds later, blaster bolts, whizzed towards them, Siri and Luminara blocked them as the others, drew their weapons in a visual show of strength. Seconds later, the blaster fired died down, as many of the mercenaries, dropped dead from the rooftops, some with blaster holes in their midsections, some with obvious lightsaber wounds.

?Hey, we didn?t do anything but deflect bolts did we?? Garen spoke
    ?Who did that to them?? Bant asked sombrely

?WE did,? one of the three figures who emerged from the rooftops, hissed as he ignited his blood red lightsaber.

The six Jedi turned a full 180 degrees to face the three individuals who held blood red lightsabers in attack positions.
    ?So you are the menace? Siri spat, ?the tyrant of Tatooine!?
    ?Yes,? the dark warrior replied in a low snakelike hiss.

The three dark warriors attacked the six armed Jedi, the nine lightsabers creating a loud buzz, as the red and the other colours created a large sphere of multicolored light. The three dark lords, challenged two Jedi each, smartly keeping the Jedi onslaught in lines, protecting their flanks. Suddenly, the Jedi switched who they fought, changing partners, and opponents; completely wrong footing the dark warriors, out flanking them , as the attacked their enemy.

Seeing the way the tide had turned against them, the dark warriors ignited the second side of their lightsabers, surprising their opponents, who had thought, that they had only been using long handled single sabers. A short while later, after a stalemate had been reached by the three groups, the Jedi unclipped their second sabers, igniting them and continuing the fight, each duel now using six blades, the advantage, now truly with the Jedi.

Obi-wan and Siri fought side by side, attacking with their silver and pink sabers, dueling with their dark opponents, jumping and slashing, thrusting and parrying. Attacking and defending, until Obi-wan did something incredibly smart, with a quick jump and flip, obi-wan jumped over his opponent and sliced his hood cleanly off his robe, revealing the head and face of....

Xanatos deCrion.

11. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    Great post again!! Ahhhh A sith!! lol.. just wanted to let you know I am still here and that I am likeing this story a lot :)
    ... plz continue

12. Jedi_Master_Mouf

Jedi_Master_Mouf Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    DUDE! this is awsome, I really like it, and you can bet I'll read don't get discouraged either, there are always those who lurk about.

13. SiriKenobi12

SiriKenobi12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Hey yeah great stuff, don't let it get to ya about the reviews...that's not what this is about. Not to sound like a Jedi Master but you must have patience. Great job, I know I'll be around to read it!

14. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    thanx for the replies...spirit soaring in the clouds(flap...flap...flap...)

writing chapter 7 post tomorrow...Australaian Friday night....maybe even chapter 8.....

and just to make it clear...Xanatos isn't the main sith lord....Sidious and Maul are.

15. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    chapter 7

His identity discovered, Xanatos deCrion retreated, leaping away, from his opponenets, calling his comrades,"Bruck, Cad, lets' go, I have it."
    His words, releaving the identities of his comrades, leaving behind him six stunded Jedi Knights, who could only watch as the three dark lords speed off in a speeder, smartly parked on a rooftop.

The six Jedi recovered seconds, later, stunned and in disbelief that two dead Jedi were alive, and had turned to the dark side. Disengaging their sabers, the crowd that had surrounded them, conspiciously dispersed, as the Jedi piled the bodies of their former assailants on the side of the street and took their weapons, taking from them; thermal detonators, trip mines, det. packs, blasters, sniper rifles, and pistols. Safely stowing them away, in their belts, hoping to make the streeets safer.
    They soon found the slums, and located the chosen one's force signature and that of a distraught mother, only to find the weeping and desolate mother, tied to a chair in her own living room.

"Those three dark lords, I was watching your fight, from the roof, and they, came into my house, Ani was asleep, but they got him, and one of them came onto the roof and attacked me, then bound me up on the chair.I don't know what to do,can you get ani back?"

"Yes of course, that was our whole purpose of caoming to Tatooine,he is to become a jedi." Siri replied soothingly."Which way did they go?"

"Well i saw their speeder go left,through that window,towards the egde of town, towards the dune sea, they are romoured to be living with Jabba the Hut, in his temple fortress."

"Three of us will go," Obi-wan planned verbally," Reeft, Garen and I shall track them down, if we need assistance, we shall comm. you."

"The three of us will set to liberate the slaves," Bant spoke softly " the senatorial cruiser is waiting in docking bay 94, and the main ship is in orbit already."

"Ms. Skywalker, I heard rumours, that there is a rebellion against slavery on Tatooine, do you know who heads it?" Luminara spoke, "We could use their help."

"Sure, i'll get squads activated,"
    "You'll get squads activated? how? Are you a leader?" Reeft asked bewildered.
    "No, not a leader...the leader." Shmi replied with a smile.

"My husband is also a leader, on Mos Eisley, he is with my step-son, Ferus, he's only one and a half. We have got many speeders, take some, Obi-wan, you'll need them. This is our Espa safe house, my husbands residence in Eisley is also a safehouse. Both are dead zones, no transmissions can be made, so we can't get blown up by our masters. We have built a secret cellar, come have a look." Shmi spoke to the Jedi, as she led them towards the kitchen pantry, and opened the doors, revealing a trapdoor, that lead to the cellar.

The cellar was amazing, even by Jedi standards, it had 15 race quality speeder bikes, with onboard shields and weapon systems, anti radar jammars, and a a/v screen and micro and head phones, a silencer on the engine and a no transmission bubble surrounding the seating.

Over in the corner, stood three racks of weapons, fom blasters, to detonators, to bombs, to silencers, to sniper rifles, to pisols and even gungan deflector shields. They unclipped the weapons they had taken from their assailants, and added them to the stoke pile. Now they were truly ready for war, and the Jedi knew, that with their help, they would win.

Obi-wan, Garen and Reeft, climbed up onto bikes, and with instructions to follow the left tunnel to the exit, zoomed off, in search of the lair of the dark lords.

16. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    sorry for the late post....but i made it longer....so i hope you like it...btw...thanx to the readers who have read and replied so far....

17. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    Great story, I'm really enjoying it!

I can't wait to find out what happens next.

More soon?

18. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    Yes Lisa, more coming soon...most likely on Tuesday.... could be monday...dk....depends on homework..... and repliers....

19. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    for your reading pleasure.(while I write chapter 8)..my vignette...from the saga board...

Anakin Skywalker stood near the exit as the shuttle, from Coruscant landed with a slight bump. Anakin thought of his new mission as he exited the ship. ?Take out the Jedi.? His unknown dark master he now served had given him his first mission by holo. ?Complete this mission and you shall become my apprentice.? At first he had been reluctant, he didn?t want to be restrained or taught, the wretched Obi-wan Kenobi had given him enough lessons to last a life time, but he really needed to improve his mastery of the dark side if he were to one day become the ruler of the galaxy. The battle against his new master served to prove his point. His weak Jedi abilities were no match for the power of the dark side, and his puny imitations of the sith lord?s dark battle techniques were laughable.

As he sped across the sees of Kamino, on his Jedi water speeder, he pulled out his light sabre and replaced the blood red crystals within the chamber, with his old azure crystals, carefully positioning the sith crystals, in the chamber as to be able to make a quick transition. He dismounted his speeder as he saw the Jedi battling the assassin droids. As he ran towards the battle, in the middle of a large landing pad, he lit his sabre, and masked his presence, as he eliminated the sound of his footsteps as he approached the swarm of droids from behind. Still unaware of the approaching enemy the droids maintained their fire on the main group, as Anakin, attacked with force aided speed, strength and precision.
    The droids only started to turn and fire on him when he had taken out a third of their numbers with, horizontal swipes, slashes and sabre throws. Anakin retreated back as the odd bolt turned into rapid fire. Soon his sabre was a blur, as he kept it in a perpetual circle, deflecting bolts back at the droids. It served him two purposes; he defended himself while he could take out the droids, and ?accidentally? take out the Jedi. With the droids in a block, back?to-back, the Jedi and Anakin maintained a deadly crossfire which took out many droids and many of the unexperienced padawan learners.

With half the droids decimated and only five Jedi left, Anakin once again discretely masked his presence and embraced the dark side of the force, surging into the formation of the droids and attacked with new found strength and ability. Minutes later, totally exhausted, he feigned defeat and fell to the floor. With only a handful of Jedi and droids left, he planned to let them wipe each other out. Of the Jedi he saw battling the droids; he recognised only one of the surviving Jedi. Jedi Knight Ferus Olin, Anakin?s, lifelong foe and prime first target.

He is skilled, thought Anakin, as Ferus finished off the final assassin droid and checked around for any surviving Jedi. Meters away from Ferus, Anakin still hid his presence in the force, as he deftly removed the azure crystals from his lightsaber, and repositioned the red. Anakin slowly pulled out a vibroblade and cut himself in the chest, using the force to open the small tear, into what would look like a blaster wound.
    Ferus now approached slowly, obviously mourning the loss of his fellow Jedi. Anakin stood, slowly rising from the bottom of a mound of smouldering droid parts. Ferus jumped in surprise.
    ?W-w-what happened? Are you alright?? Ferus stammered disbelievingly. Anakin?s fall seemed to have been convincing.
    ?I?m fine. Well I will be, when you are dead," Anakin replied, keeping the last part of his sentence to himself. Anakin slowly released his masking and let the full power of the force flow through him, the light and the dark, missed together, uncontrolled. The sheer power of the Force knocked Ferus off his feet, and as he rose back to his feet, he spoke.

?I knew it,? Ferus whispered to himself, ?I?ve always known it,? he raised his voice and tempo, ?you have fallen, you are tainted, you are not a Jedi, you have failed.?

?You were right Ferus, I was destined fo

20. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    sorry...can't post today....maths tests to get ready for...SAC's to get ready for...so. i'll post on thursday...after the tests...

21. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    I remember reading this vignette a few days ago, good stuff! :)

22. Tirra_Parr

Tirra_Parr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    <sing song voice> I found the story! I found the story!

I'm even caught up now, but it is almost time for public speaking class (mlah) so...great story...more praise later,

Bye,

tirra

23. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    thanx...posting hopefully tonight...wow..nearly fifty posts...though many of them are mine...lol...

24. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    soz....next post coming tonight...already written...post in three hours after two editing stages...

25. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    Chapter 8

Obi-wan and his friends Garen and Reeft flew across the streets, on their technologically superior speeder bikes, creating a channel in the traffic as they headed towards the outskirts of the city, following Xanatos deCrion's force signature. Slowing at the heavily populated intersections, they checked that they were still on their tail, now only a few kilometres behind them. as they neared the edge on town, a sharp beep emitted from the Jedi's speeders, the fuel had reached it's limit, 5 litres to total shut down. As they slowed down to do a u-turn, they saw three black clad figures, speeding away on their speeder bikes, deisappeariing into the haze of the horizon.

Back in the Skywalker family residence, the three female Jedi sat discussing the plans for the take-over of Tatooine. Bant, had suggested a peaceful buyout of slaves, Luminara a political coup, and Siri an a peaceful-ish war, whereby they black mail the slave owners that they will be killed by the slaves if they don't hand the control papers and remotes to the the Jedi. They discusse dthe practicality and efficiency of these possibilities with the head of the moistur farmers guild and the anti-slavery bussinessmen, and especially with the slave ring leaders. their common aim, to creat a government with an elected senator and governor.

Xanatos lead the trio of speeders away from Mos Espa, it was relatively easy to subdue the boy, empty two syringes of tsp, a fast acting sleep drug, which, instead of just putting the boy to sleep, would knock him out cold. They could not afford the Jedi to follow his force signature, yet minutes later, as they neared the enterence of Jabba's palace, their temporary home, Anakin Skywalker woke with a terrified scream, that resonated through the force with precise force.

After stopping for fuel, the three Jedi raced from the city, urged on by Anakin Skywalker's desperate cry through the force. With the aid of the force, they nursed more and more speed out of their sppeder bikes, quickly covering the distance across the sand.Stopping at the top of a dune, they looked down to see the speeder tracks left by three speeders, head straight into a heavily fortified palace.

" Let's get anakin!" Garen shouted gunning the engine of his bike, amazingly it didn't work. Reeft was using the force to pull him back.
    " Look, up there the 10 red "security lights" aren't just lights..." Reeft spoke in explanation.
    " They're lightsabers." Garen spoke catching on.

On the top floor of a building, in the dune sea, Xanatos deCrion waited and watched, his master had been pleased with their theft of the chosen one, and now their second task was coming to them. The order was growing, and soon he would be near the top.
    Patience, he reminded himself, patience was the key.
    Chapter 8 part 2 tomorrow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.