main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Fateful Bond: The Anakin/Obi-Wan Brotherhood Fan Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by iLoveAnakin7, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    Weclome to A Fateful Bond: The Anakin/Obi-Wan Brotherhood Fan Thread.

This thread extends a warm welcome to all and sundry who wish to bask in their admiration and appreciation for the Anakin/Obi-Wan partnership. Together let us explore the sometimes turbulent relationship of these two brothers and comrades throughout their 13-year history during the PT, as well as their adversarial relationship during the Dark Times of the OT?s Empire years as Vader/Ben. EU discussion as it pertains to Anakin and Obi-Wan, is also permitted, and this includes literature, graphic novels, and animation.

Stimulating and varied discussion is encouraged on this thread, as we appreciate that there are many types of Anakin/Obi-Wan fans out there. This forum is also a sanctuary for those fans who would like to simply bask in their celebration of both characters, and therefore, bashing of either character for its own sake, is discouraged.

Come and post opinions, pictures, fan fiction links, videos, anything you like as long as it?s related to Anakin and Obi-Wan. If everyone can behave and keep it civil, as these two characters have been known to divide some fans, we can all have a place here to enjoy ourselves. In the end, it?s all about sharing in our mutual appreciation of these characters, so the ultimate point is to be respectful and have a lot of fun.

2. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    First reply!!

Anakin? My lover.
    Obi-Wan? My saviour.
    Anakin and Obi-Wan? My heroes!

I don?t think I can begin to describe just how much I?ve eagerly waited for this thread to be up. It means more to me now then it ever could. Discussing these fine (looking) men is the best way I can think of to spend my free time.

Let?s get the lovin? started people!

3. iLoveAnakin7

Apr 17, 2005
    Whoa that was fast!!!!!

I agree, I've waited about 3 weeks for this!!! :D

I'll be in here alll night that's for sure.

4. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    Well, can you expect any less? ;) Fast is my middle name when it comes to replying to this thread!

Oh boy...warm feelings in my heart...

5. Jaden-Skywalker

Jaden-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 13, 2004
    I don't know if you have permission from Strilo or whoever, but I'll contribute.

If you have the ROTS novel, the first chapter actually made me like the character of Anakin Skywalker.

Two lone starfighters.
    Two is enough.
    Though this is the end of the age of heroes.
    It has saved it's best for last.

6. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    You bet she has permission. That's why it took so long. :D

I myself haven't read the ROTS novel, and I should kick myself for that.

7. iLoveAnakin7

Apr 17, 2005
    I don't know if you have permission from Strilo or whoever, but I'll contribute.

Yupppers I have permission. LOL. Believe me lots of people lobbied hard. ;)

Oh yeah I've read the RotS novel, Well seclect parts because alot of it is hard to ge through, but I thought the relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan was portryed better here than in the movies.

8. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2005

I agree on that part completely!

The approaching storm, one of my favorites on that one! I just wanted to show more of their friendship than the beginning of RotS....

That's beautiful! I'm glad that I read the RotS-novelazation.

9. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    Strange as it may be, I find the first sequence in ROTS (the film) portrays the strength of Obi-Wan and Anakin's friendship better than LOE...maybe I'm just weird that way.

10. iLoveAnakin7

Apr 17, 2005
    MAS you made it!!! Tee hee :) I've read some of the Approaching Storm...not really my thing actually. They didn't seem to connect to me.

I liked LOE better in the beginning. They seemed closer then. There were some parts in the novel in which Anakin was talking to Palpatine and revealing to him the more rocky aspects of their relationship. I was actually surprised that Anakin said he had no heart. :eek:

11. EquestrianJedi07

EquestrianJedi07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2006
    Yay! I was wondering if this kind of thread was ever going to pop up :D

I personally haven't read the ROTS novel yet (I know, it's like Star Wars blasphemy [face_blush]), but I hope to get a hold of it soon. I did, however, read Labyrinth of Evil, and I thought the Anakin/Obi-Wan friendship was portrayed excellently there. It showed them as a true team, partners that worked together flawlessly... which is, essentially, the essence of the Kenobi-Skywalker team. In the novel, even Count Dooku comments on how well they work together. It's manifest!

Oh, and iLoveAnakin7, thanks for the PM about this thread! I'm glad I was alerted to its inception, or otherwise, I would've been reading fan fiction all night :)

EDIT: Wow, this thread moves fast. I mentioned LOE without knowing that you guys had already mentioned it [face_laugh]

12. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2005
    Obi-Wan and Anakin drunk in a bar :* in LOE!

If that isn't [face_love] I don't what is! Only real friends get drunk together!

13. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    WOOHOOO! It's here It's here it's here!

You have no idea how long I've waited for this moment in time!

If i start to ran at any time I'm sorry but it's probably unavoidable. Lol.

As for ROTS I very much liked the begining of ROTS and the relationship it established between the boys. I love how Luceno portrays them too. Sorry Luver but I loved LOE! I have all these sticky notes all over the place whjer I wanted to note stuff.

Stover...don't like Stover but I have to say that he did a rather good job with the Obi/Ani 'ship.

14. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    Yah! Mrs_Anakin! Equestrian, you guys made it. More the merrier.

I remember that comment Equestrian, that Dooku made. If I remember correctly, he complimented Anakin as well...

15. iLoveAnakin7

Apr 17, 2005
    Equestrian!!! Glad you got the PM. I miss you guys from the other thread. I'm glad the thread seems to be moving fast. These days that's rare, especially for new ones. :)

I remember that part about Count Dooku...I wish I had the book present! :oops: I think he also says something in LOE too.

Yay! I was wondering if this kind of thread was ever going to pop up

Thank Dark_Disciple for her brillant ideas. :D

Alley you're here!!! I was getting worried. I'm sure you and luver would have fought for the first post!!

16. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Yay! M_A_S and Equestrian are here! *waves*

17. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    Alley! You're here! We were wondering where the heck you were!

Don't get me wrong guys! I loved LOE, but I guess the military expedition stuff isn't my thing. But the drunk scene is BY FAR my favourite!

18. iLoveAnakin7

Apr 17, 2005
    Yeah I see what ya mean about the military garb. It was hard to get through at most times. I found the overall plot interesting. And of course I'll read anything Ani/Obi these days.

Drunk scene!!! [face_laugh] LOL. That doesn't help Obi too much considering the fandom thinks he's a drunk of some sort. [face_shhh]

19. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    I know! Some people are seriously convinced he was a drunk! If that turns out to be true, boy oh boy will I laugh!

I can't remember the exact words but I remember when Anakin asked Obi-Wan if he used a mind trick to get through the security or whatever and Obi-Wan said "If I did, I wasn't aware of it" and Anakin said "10 drinks will do that to you."

[face_laugh] Oh god!

20. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Hehe! And I'll fule that point of view egerly. lol. Nah I don' think he's a drunk but the guy does like to drink you must admit :) Not bad thing. My grandpa does too.

Strange how I didn't find the bar scene in LOE as great as i had expected from what everyone had been saying.

Ok...I've got some vids here (since we al know I love vids)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pKSibDxWz9k&search=Anakin%20Obi-Wan
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=p8-_dKgNdpE&search=Anakin%20Obi-Wan
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=8MNmzYEZMHk&search=Anakin%20 (I?ve posted this one in the Ani thread before so you guys most likely have seen it)

21. EquestrianJedi07

Mar 19, 2006
    *waves to everyone once again* I love this little hang-out we have going on :D

My gosh. The drunk scene. I wish that had been in the movie in some form or fashion... I about fell out of my desk at school when I read it. When my friend asked me what was wrong, I read the passage to her, and she didn't find it to be all that funny :(

I'll have to get on those videos soon...

22. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    read the passage to her, and she didn't find it to be all that funny

That happins all the time. I'll be reading a fanfic and laughing my head off and then someone will ask what's so funny. I'll read the pr to them and they'll get this strange "I don't get it look" on their face. I gess it's just that kinda thing where you have to ba a fan.

23. EquestrianJedi07

Mar 19, 2006
    [face_laugh] Too true. The worst thing was, this friend of mine (that I read the part to) is a Star Wars fan. Not as much as any of us, by any stretch of the imagination, but enough of a fan to be able to get it. *sigh* :(

By the way, Alley, I watched the videos you posted... I love the second one. It's so sad, yet almost sweet at the same time. (And that would be where the word bittersweet comes in, I guess)

24. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    Totally Equestrian! I've read the same exact part to two of my friends and when I finished they did absolutely nothing. As if they were waiting for the funny part to come...

Alley, you have no idea how much I can relate to you!
    Great videos BTW

25. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Yea...SW fans are incredably missunderstood. Lol.

Equestrian, you mean the "Remember Me this Way" vid right? Ya I like it alot too :) Except I wish it wasn't that black and white. Reallys ad how it had the Brothers Final Farewel at the very end. *sniff* To me the saddest part of ROTS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.