main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A father and son tale (AU, Anakin\Luke Skywalker, H\L, OC's, post RotJ)(Anakin comes back to life)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dahlia_Santary, Jul 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    OK. This is my first official fic, and I?m really nervous about it. I hope ya?ll like it.

Title- A father ad son tale

Characters- Luke, Anakin, Leia, Han, other old characters,plus some OC's

Genre- AU

Timeframe- minutes before the second D.S. exploted

Summary- Minutes before the second Death Star was destroyed, Luke managed to get his father out alive. But still Anakin died of heart failure shortly after. But the reedemed Sith Lord still has much to accomplish in the galaxy before his time.

Note- Just in case ?\? means telepathic messages, and ?\\? means private thoughts.

Here we go;)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Escape the Death Star

Alarms were going off everywhere around them. Many soldiers passed them by running, ignoring them completely. Luke knew they were running out of time. If they didn?t hurry the soldiers would take all the shuttles and they?d be stranded on a station that was about to explode. He begged the Force for strength as his father collapsed to the ground semi-unconscious. Luke grabbed the black covered arms and dragged his father the rest of the way to the nearest shuttle. He pulled him up the platform and into the cop-pit, where he strapped him in the copilot seat, he activated the engines of the shuttle and made it out of the hangar just seconds before the Death Star exploded.

Luke sighed in relief once the turbulence caused by the explosion ended. He looked over at his father, Anakin, who was laid motionlessly beside him. His breathing had become more agitated, his respirator had been damaged by the force lighting the emperor had made when he grabbed him and tossed him over the shaft. Luke knew he had to get him help soon or he?d suffocate. \Hold on, Father. You?re going to be OK\ he told him through the Force, as he passed him some of strength to help him breath.

A few minutes later Luke spotted an Alliance medical cruiser and grabbed his comm. ?This is Commander Skywalker. Permission to come aboard??

?Permission granted, Commander,? replied a man?s voice.

?I have a wounded incoming? added Luke.

?We?ll have a doctor waiting for you on bay 3B.?

?Thank you, sir.?

Luke bestirred the shuttle into the bay, and landed. He stood up and walked over to his father?s side. ?I have to take your mask off? he said. Anakin just nodded. Luke slowly grabbed the edges of the mask and pulled it off. For the first time, father and son looked upon the other?s face. Luke felt a hot knot in his stomach when he saw Anakin?s pale and scarred appearance.

Anakin sensed his son?s surprise. ?Not utterly attractive?? he joked, painfully.

Luke chuckled. ?I?ve seen a lot worse.?

The shuttle?s door opened and a medical official dashed into the cop-pit. Luke stepped back as the doctor placed an oxygen mask on Anakin?s face. ?What happened to him?? asked the doctor, not recognizing the man he was treating.

?Force lightning? said Luke.

?Pardon??

?Ehh?high?voltage?shock.?

The doctor looked at Luke?s hand and saw Darth Vader?s mask. He looked back at his new patient and examined the black suit he wore. Shock ran through his spine. He jumped away from Anakin, stared at Luke and began to walk away.

?Please don?t be scared? said Luke, ?He won?t hurt you.?

?You brought him onboard for medical attention? Commander, are out of your-?

?He doesn?t have much time! Please help him!?

?He killed my brother! He?s a monster! I won?t-?

?Please, I?m begging you.?

?I won?t!?

?That was?not myself? said a very fatigued Anakin. ?The one?that killed your brother?indeed was a monster. But?Luke just killed that monster.?

The doctor stared at Anakin puzzled, then looked back up at Luke. ?Wha-?

?Please, won?t you help me save my father?? said Luke, nervous of how the doctor would react to this revelation.

The doctor?s eyes widened. He looked from Luke, back to Anakin, back to Luke. He hesitated and almost left but Luke?s pleading stare made him stay for some reason. Finally

2. Dahlia_Santary

Jul 15, 2005
    So, what you think?

3. MasterTywalker

MasterTywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    I like your story so far. I am curious to see what Anakin will have to help Luke with. Is he going to be appearing to Luke like Obi-wan has, or will he literally be coming back to life??

4. Dahlia_Santary

Jul 15, 2005
    Thanks for your compliment. I think you'll find what happens quite surprising. As for your question, well, you'll just have to read to find out.

5. Io_Bright

Io_Bright Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2005
    I like your story. I'd like to know if Leia will have a strong roll in this story. Leia is my QUEEN. All hail Leia. Let me know when you post more.=D=

6. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    :D=D=an excelent start Dahlia and a fantastic idea!!

Please continue? Pretty please?

7. Diaya_Orac

Diaya_Orac Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2005
    This was an interesting story. I liked so much. I will be loking in th future for story from Dahlia. =D=

8. NickStarwalker

NickStarwalker Jedi Master star 1

Dec 7, 2002
  9. Dahlia_Santary

Jul 15, 2005
    :D Awsome I got some readers. Thank you all for your compliments. More will be coming up soon, probably this week. Sorry for the delay. But this next post has quite intense emotional scenes, and that has always been my weakness. Thanks for reading, though.

Io Bright- Io? isn't that the name of one of Jupiter's moons? It's a cool name.

10. voldemortfearsgran

voldemortfearsgran Jedi Master

Mar 11, 2004
    I really like your take on this so far. I'll be hoping for more soon!

11. Dahlia_Santary

Jul 15, 2005
    ?I?ll never leave you?

?You lucky dog! You mean to tell me you were gonna be cooked alive in honor of goldilocks back there?? said Lando, gesturing towards 3PO.

?Hey, if Cheiwe here didn?t always have to think with his oversized stomach-? the wookie bumped against Han and growled in response ?-it never would?ve happened.?

?It turned out for the best, though. I don?t think we could have done it without the little fur balls? help,? added Han, ?So, was she good?? He looked over Lando?s shoulder to the Millennium Falcon, his beloved ship. The one he had trusted his friend for the battle that took place barely three hours before.

?Oh, she was great. Purred like a kitten. She?s a hero now.?

?Well, she?s always been my hero,? he pointed an accusing finger at Lando, ?I?m still holding on to your promise. Not a scratch, right??

Lando gave him an innocent smile. ?Well? Say, where?s Leia??

?I believe she left to find Master Luke,? answered 3PO.

?He said he had someone he wanted her to meet in his last transmission,? added Han.

?Who was it?? asked Lando, curiously.

?How the heck should I know? I?m really worried about that kid. Can you believe he just left without a word the night before the battle? The boy better have a very good excuse,? answered Han, crossing his arms.

?And you have no idea who it is?? insisted Lando. Han got annoyed.

?No, not a clue?? he said.

Chewie made a long growl and shook his head.

?Aww...What do you know?? Han punched the wookie?s arm in frolic and started the for the hangar?s exit. ?Come on, let find Mr. Jedi and Princess Secrecy. And maybe something to eat.?

Leia hadn?t told Han anything about what she and Luke had talked about the night before, or of what he?d said in his transmission. It made him uncomfortable to feel left out (who doesn?t?). All this secrecy those two had was driving him crazy. He?d have to get everything cleared out before he burst.

?Oh, I?m sorry, my friend. But the Big Bosses are expecting me in the Conference Room, and I?m already ten minutes late. So, I?ll see around, Solo? with that the general left the hangar in a near dash for the turbolift. Once the door opened Lando bumped into Luke, who was coming out. Luke smiled.

?Kid, your still alive!? Han moved quickly pass Lando and hugged Luke, and almost lifted him off the ground. ?I knew Vader couldn?t get rid you that easily. I bet you have quite a story to tell us.?

?Oh. You have no idea,? answered Luke.

?Hey, you know where her Highnessness is?? Han placed his hands on either side of his waist, and licked his lips.

?Yeah, we just talked. She was heading to the Conference Room-?

?Which is where I should be right now,? interrupted Lando. He stepped into the turbolift, as Luke stepped out. ?Glad you?re back, Skywalker.? The lift?s door close with a hiss.

Luke rubbed his eyes and Han noticed the reddish tone around his cheeks. \\He?d been crying\\ he told himself.

?Luke, what happened to you?? he asked with concern, he placed a hand over Luke?s shoulder.

\\Oh, well, my father just died, but it?s nothing really.\\

?What do you mean?? asked Luke, trying to look as solid as possible.

?You look terrible,? replied Han.

\\So much for looking solid\\. ?I?m fine. I?m just tired, that?s all.? He hadn?t noticed until now but indeed he was unthinkably exhausted. He could barely feel his legs and his head felt like it was about to explode in any second, so did his chest. He could feel every one of his heartbeats in his ears, pounding every time harder.

?Maybe you should lay down for a while,? recommended Han, placing his free hand on Luke?s other shoulder.

?Yeah, maybe I should,? admitted Luke, wiping the sweat off his forehead.

?Before you do. Tell me what happened up in that Death Star.?

Luke didn?t want to go through that tale again right now. The only thing in his mind at that point was the pounding in his ears, and the burn in his chest?and a nice, warm shower. That always helped. A hot bath?

?A hot

12. Aiel

Oct 14, 2004
    It's really good. Can't wait for the next part. Thanks for the PM.

13. Dahlia_Santary

Jul 15, 2005
    I'm in blank. the next post might take a while. sorry guys.

14. Dahlia_Santary

Jul 15, 2005
    Okay. This was a bit hard. Be nice. Sorry it's a bit short. Enjoy.;)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inner Attack

Celebration was upon the Home One. Dozens of pilots, technicians and soldiers were running franticly around the hangar, greeting friends that had gone out into the battle as they returned. Laughter and shouts of joy could be heard through out the immense cruiser. And they had every reason to celebrate. Against all odds they triumphed against the Empire and won the freedom of the galaxy. Now they could rebuilt the Republic and start new lives. It was a day of happiness, of hope, of rejoice, and new beginnings.

The joyous hysteria was still on when the Millennium Falcon entered the hangar. It landed on a designated platform and lowered it?s landing ramp. But it?s passengers didn?t come out for a few minutes.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Han looked over at his co-pilot with an annoyed stare, as Chewie growled something. Solo looked back at the control panels, and tried to ignore his furry companion. Chewie growled louder this time, determined to convince Han. When Solo didn?t answer Chewie resorted to push him and snarled.

?I said, I already tried,? said Han finally, ?Neither of them want to talk about it. Leia practically barked at me when I asked her. And Luke, well, he just flinched and changed the subject. I can?t force them to tell me what?s wrong.?

Chewie growled something else.

Han stood up from the pilot seat. ?Of course I?m worried about ?em. And I do want to find out what?s bothering them. But like I said, I can?t force them to tell me.?

Chewie stood up too and insisted.

Han raised his hands in submission. ?Okay, you oversized hairball. If it makes you feel any better, I?ll ask them again.?

He left the cop-pit, ducking his head by the entrance, walked down the small corridor and stopped in front of the door to one of the two rooms in the Falcon. He felt a bump come up to his throat as he raised his fist and knocked on the door.

Leia?s voice responded. ?Come in.? Han swallowed, cleared his throat and entered the small room. Leia sat in a leather covered chair next to the small window. She wore a simple cream dress and her hair tied back on a long braid. She held a comlink in her hand. ?I?m already onboard, Senator Mothma. I?ll meet you in the Conference Room.? she finished and placed the comlink down.

Han stepped towards her and she stood up. ?Yes, What is it Han??

?I, um, well Chewie actually, was wondering if you could tell me what?s been bothering you and Luke since we left the medical frigate??

?Han, I really don?t feel like talking about that right now,? she started to pass by Han but he stopped her by extending his arm in the door way.

?Oh? And, when will you fell like talking about it, your Worshipness??

?Han?? she let her voice trail off and was silent for a few seconds, staring down at the floor. ?They?re waiting for me. Let me pass,? she finally demanded, she walked passed by Han?s arm, and started down the corridor to the landing ramp. Han stared after her and shook his head.

He looked back at the cop-pit, where Chewbacca was sticking his head out on the side. ?See? What I tell ya?? Happy now?? he asked the Wookie.

Chewie growled and stepped into the corridor, his arms crossed over his chest.

?Luke will probably say the same thing, if he does say anything at all that is,? answered Han placing his hands on either side of his waist. ?Well, I better tell him we arrived, anyway. You know where he is??

Chewie growled again and motion towards the cargo hold.

?Right, where else would he be? Get the droids will ye?? said the Corellian as he walked up to the cargo hold door. He felt the bump in his throat again and opened the door.

Inside he fond Luke tinkering with the Falcon?s heater system panel, which had been acting rather weird during their trip back to Home One. Luke no

15. Aiel

Oct 14, 2004
    :eek:(Big intake of breath) Omigod,Omigod,Omigod,Omigod,Omigod!!!

Poor Lukie! I hope he recovers soon and up with the next part soon, please.

16. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    This looks quite interesting! So all these characters are still around in the Force and can influence Luke? Hmm, sounds like trouble with Palpatine!

Nice job!

Could you pm me when you update?

17. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    :eek: I hope Lukeis alright!

18. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    this isn't good when dead Palpy can do that to Luke. I hope he'll be okay.

19. Cacciopea

Cacciopea Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2005
    You're writing two stories at once? You go Dhaly! Can I call you Dhaly? Sorry[face_blush].
    Anyways, I'm really liking this. Mean ol' Palpy better stay away from my Lukei and my Ani. Good job! Tell me when you update, please.

P.S.

Hey. ya'l should check out Dhaly's other story. It's pretty cool!

20. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    can u PM me on all your updates please ?? i really love a good post ROTJ story where anakin is involved.

21. Dahlia_Santary

Jul 15, 2005
    Alright! Some new readers! Welcome abord everybody. New post will be here soon.

Cacciopea- Hey! We meet again! It's great to see -or read, whatever- you! Thanks for the advertisement by the way. And yeah, you can call me Dhaly, why not?

22. Cacciopea

Cacciopea Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2005
    Hi everybody. It's me your dear friend Cacciopea. Sorry Dhaly coudln't post. She's been experiencing some minor technical probles with her password. So she e-mailed me this and asked me if I could post it for her. So here it is. Enjoy.

The peace and silence of deep space was something he?d taken for granted his whole life. Probably because he had never even bothered to take out the time to experience it. It felt very strange; the complete solitude, the quiet. He?d missed it during the last few decades. It?s one of those little things you never really appreciate until you loose it, he figured. During the time of the Empire there had always been something in his mind, or someone on his back, never giving him more than five minutes of peace every day. Now he could finally just stare out into oblivion without nothing in particular in his mind, nothing to bother him, nothing at all?

?Anakin??

Spoke too soon. He looked over his shoulder to see a familiar face. Master Shaak Ti, a female togruta, slightly taller than Anakin (because of her horns). Her specter stood straight a few meter behind him with her hands tucked in her sleeves. Anakin vowed his head respectfully. She slimed kindly and motion his side.

?May I join you?? she asked, in a most soothing voice.

Anakin nodded. ?Of course.?

Shaak seemed to almost float to his side and sat in the ground with her legs crossed two feet from him. She sighed, smiling and looked up.

?Beautiful, isn?t it?? she asked watching the asteroids around them slowly pass by. They were in the middle of an asteroid field, light-years away from Coruscant. He?d left the day before to get some things straight in his mind. He had read once that the magnetic patterns in a asteroid field focused the Force, and in turn made it an ideal meditation spot.

Anakin looked up at the pitch black sky. ?Yes, very? he said, then looked back at Shaak. She had closed her eyes and drifted into meditation.

Anakin followed her example, inhaled deeply and closed his eyes. He wouldn?t mind her company, actually her presence was barely noticeable. If she hadn?t spoken he?d probably have never realized she was even there. She was the kind of being that made you feel calm and relaxed, who?s good nature was contagious. Anakin reached deep into the Force and drifted into meditation himself.

They stayed there for hours. The ambience of the asteroid field was indeed ideal for meditating. It was so easy to focus your thoughts out there, there were no distractions, and a steady pattern in the Force, perfect. After a while Shaak broke the silence.

?You found quite a pleasant place here, Anakin? she said, with her eyes still closed.

Anakin, just nodded in response, not opening his eye himself.

?Can I ask you a question??

?Sure.?

?I was always taught that once you fall to the dark side, it shall forever govern you destiny. What made you turn back? You know, to the light??

Anakin opened his eyes and gazed down at his hands. He rubbed his fingers together and sighed. ?He was hurting Luke. I?had to do something,? he paused for a moment, Shaak opened her eyes and looked at him, ?It all happened so fast. I guess I don?t really know how I did it, I just?did it. Next thing I know I was tossing Palpatine over the shaft.?

Shaak chuckled softly. ?Oh, I wish I could have seen that.? Anakin smiled and looked up at her. She continued, ?So, how did it feel??

?Well, besides the string of force lightning that pierced through my body and the sheer knowledge that I was gonna? die, it felt incredible.?

Shaak chuckled again and looked up at the passing asteroids. ?You?re very lucky to have a son like Luke.?

?I know,? answered Anakin, with pride in his voice. ?I know," pause, "Master Ti??

?Yes??

Anakin hesitated, perhaps it wasn?t proper to ask, or maybe he was just afraid to ask. ?How did you die??

Shaak stared down. She sighed after a moment. ?Order 66. In the Temple.?

Anakin stared

23. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Luke has to be okay. He can't go through all that and have Palpy still take it away from him. That was a touching scene between Anakin and Shaak Ti. Anakin does need to learn forgiveness for himself.

24. Cacciopea

Cacciopea Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2005
    Oops, I guess I forgot to reply. Sorry.

Well, that was awsome. But who's Shaak Ti? When does she apeare in the movies?

I hope Luke will be alright. Anakin is gonna come back to life so he can save him right? Mean Palply can't quit even after dead, huh? Darn him:mad:!

Great work Dahly.;)

25. Dahlia_Santary

Jul 15, 2005
    Hey! I'm back! Sorry I couldn't post last time. But it seems to me Cacciopea took good care of you while I was gone. Well anyways, I'm working on the next post right now. Maybe it'll be up by tomorrow.

Thanks for reading;)

Cacciopea: Shaak Ti is one of the Jedi sent to rescue Obi-wan, Anakin, and Padme when they fell into the hands of the Separatists in AOTC. She's an alien with a pink skin and white horns.

Teaser:

Their specters materialized in the Grand Hall and Anakin dashed up the stairs followed closely by Shaak. They ran down a wide corridor and up some more stairs until they reached the Council Chamber tower. Anakin slid the door open with the Force while still running. But once he entered he wanted to run back out and would have if Shaak hadn?t been it the way. In the Chamber were a group of familiar faces he wasn?t ready to confront yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.