main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends *A Father Knows* - (J/Z) (Han) - *delurked* !!!COMPLETED 7/2!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZekksGoddess, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Great post. I like the way the emotions build.

Oh, and Emtedee is hilarious.

oldj

2. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    RebelScum-:
    Heh, Em-Teedee is teh funny.
    Extremely subtle isn't he? :p :D

jacen200015:

Funny. i was just heading to look in beyond when i noticed the pm.
    The Force works in mysterious ways...;)

Good post.
    :D Thanks!

DathomiranAuthor:
    YYAAAAYY!!!!!!!!! Jaina said NO!!! Muahahahahaha.I know, I'm way to happy at Jag's misery...which is kind of wrong, in a way.
    I was happy too, and I wrote it!! hehe

But heck, if it means Zekk has a chance....
    That is always a plus!

Kriff, Zekk's already left? *pauses* Or has he...?

Gotta stick around and see!!;)

JoE:
    I love EmTeedee! So utterly oblivious!
    Hehe, I absoloutley love his character...very useful at times like this!!

oldjedinurse:
    Great post. I like the way the emotions build. Oh, and Emtedee is hilarious.
    :) Thanks!!!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Nominations Notice!:
    Whoa! I just checked the Beyond list... A Father Knows has received over 3 nominations in both Best Short Story and Best Non-Human(Lowie), meaning it has qualified in each category.
    Thank you guys so much!!![face_love] :D :* [:D] [face_dancing]

3. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    hehehe, you've got to love Lowie and EmTede even if the droid speeks out of turn, then again that's why we all love C3PO so much. You almost feel bad for Jag almost but you just can't fully. GO CHACE ZEKK DOWN JAINA!!!! YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO FIND HIM!!

Fireyforce

4. Half-Pint

Half-Pint Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    Very nice post. I am very happy that Jaina decided to take a chance and go and find Zekk. Not an easy choice considering Jag had the ring and everything. But, I do hope that Jaina and Zekk end up together in this story...ah, I think we are on the right track here!

Thanks for the PM. I did not know you updated! :)

5. Lyrienne

Lyrienne Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2004
    Ha ha! She said no! She said no! [face_dancing]

This part was great. :D Congratulations on all the nominations!

6. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Aww! :( I feel sorry for Jag!

7. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    lol! I have to echo the sentiments thus far... Lowiee is perfectly in character and Em-Teedeed?! LMAO!

You write them both so very well :D

Excellent post, I can't wait to see what Jaina does to find Zekk ;)

8. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Congrats on making the master list with the awards! =D=

Go, Jaina, go! Leap into action and get Zekk! Also, love Em-Teedee and Lowie! They should have been in the NJO more! It would have been a lot more fun! :)

9. Jedi_Bubbles

Jedi_Bubbles Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    I go away for a week and you post twice!!! I need to leave more often!

*reads first post* What does Jag think he's doing?!?! She said she's breaking up with you moron!!! Take rejection like a man!

*reads second post*

Em Teedee!!! *hugs Lowie* Good boy, break up the proposal... eject Jag into space without an escape pod. *shifty eyes*

Zekk, noo!!!! Don't go!! You're ruining the plan! Why didn't anyone drug him or something?

If you couldn't tell, I loved the posts!!! Great job!

10. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    Fireyforce:
    hehehe, you've got to love Lowie and EmTede even if the droid speeks out of turn, then again that's why we all love C3PO so much.
    hehe, I love having EmTedee speak out of turn...his 3PO-ish traits make me laugh so much! :D

You almost feel bad for Jag almost but you just can't fully. GO CHACE ZEKK DOWN JAINA!!!! YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO FIND HIM!!
    Heh heh heh....:)

Half-Pint:
    Very nice post.
    :) Thanks!

Not an easy choice considering Jag had the ring and everything. But, I do hope that Jaina and Zekk end up together in this story...ah, I think we are on the right track here!
    [face_whistling] ;)

Lyrienne:
    Ha ha! She said no! She said no! This part was great.
    Haha, thanks!

Congratulations on all the nominations!
    Thanks again, I was so excited!

!!!NEW READER!!! GreatOne:
    Aww! I feel sorry for Jag!
    I did a little bit when I wrote this...I have to admit that, but it vanished when I wrote teh next chapter! :D

Jade_Max:
    lol! I have to echo the sentiments thus far... Lowiee is perfectly in character and Em-Teedeed?! LMAO! You write them both so very well
    Thank you! :) I 'preciate it!

Excellent post, I can't wait to see what Jaina does to find Zekk
    [face_whistling] We'll see.

Lusa_Thul:
    Congrats on making the master list with the awards!
    Thanks! :D Same to you in the Best Non-Human category for Lusa!

Go, Jaina, go! Leap into action and get Zekk! Also, love Em-Teedee and Lowie! They should have been in the NJO more! It would have been a lot more fun!
    I thought the same thing!! It made me so upset when they were only vaguely mentioned in a few books with minor appearances in SbS and DJ and so on.

Jedi_Bubbles:
    I go away for a week and you post twice!!! I need to leave more often!
    Haha, I wondered where you'd been...I was rather eager to read your reaction the Jag-proposal...:D

*reads first post* What does Jag think he's doing?!?! She said she's breaking up with you moron!!! Take rejection like a man!
    Ahh, here's that reaction I was waiting for...:)

Em Teedee!!! *hugs Lowie* Good boy, break up the proposal... eject Jag into space without an escape pod. *shifty eyes*
    [face_laugh]

Zekk, noo!!!! Don't go!! You're ruining the plan! Why didn't anyone drug him or something?
    [face_laugh] I'd never though of drugging.....[face_laugh]

If you couldn't tell, I loved the posts!!! Great job!
    Thanks! Glad you like!

11. angeladear

angeladear Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Awesome! I love how this is going! The Fell rejection was, :D marvelous! Can't wait for more.

12. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Same to you in the Best Non-Human category for Lusa!

I think you have me confused with RK_Striker_JK_5! :p I read that and was very confused! Couldn't figure out how I had missed being nommed, until I checked the list! :p

13. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Awesome posts! You really got the YJK characterizations down. And mixed in a little older flare to it. Amazing writings. :D

I may have had something to do with the nominations. ;) [face_whistling]

14. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    angeladear:
    Awesome! I love how this is going!

:) Haha, thanks!

The Fell rejection was, marvelous! Can't wait for more.
    Glad you like it!! :D

Lusa_Thul:
    I think you have me confused with RK_Striker_JK_5! I read that and was very confused! Couldn't figure out how I had missed being nommed, until I checked the list!
    Whoops, sorry! [face_blush] Could've sworn I saw your name somewhere...

Jaya Solo:
    Awesome posts! You really got the YJK characterizations down. And mixed in a little older flare to it. Amazing writings.
    Thanks! I'm really glad you like it!! Means a lot! :D

I may have had something to do with the nominations.
    Oh, really? [face_love] Well, here's a HUGE thanks for you! [:D] (and anyone else who nommed me, of course ;) )

15. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    Chapter Ten

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    ?Couldn't we please be happily ever after
    We could be strong together for so long
    Couldn't we please be happily ever after
    Leaving you never stays forever strong
    (No, no I will never leave you)?
    -Case

?Sithspawned bucket of bolts.? Zekk muttered as his foot connected with the lower paneling of the Lightning Rod?s hull. The ships food-prep unit had decided to fritz out just moments ago, at the precise time Zekk had planned to leave. With a sour expression, he commended its perfect timing.

Sure, he could fix the unit easily enough, but he was eager to get away as soon as possible. He didn?t think he?d be able to last if Fel and?and ah, his new fiancé came around expecting congratulations. He?d give it to them, he knew?and it would only add to the number of scars on his heart.

?I?ve got to get out of here.? He murmured to himself, sighing as reached for his tools.

Then he stopped short, his emerald eyes widening fractionally. Reaching out with the Force, he could sense?but it couldn?t be? Slowly, he turned around. It took a moment for him to find his voice, but when he did the sound easily conveyed his surprise and confusion?possibly even a little reluctance. ?Jaina??

?You?re certainly observant this morning.? She remarked dryly, her arms folded across her chest. ?As a matter of fact, you?re up rather early aren?t you??

?Yeah, guess so?I could say the same thing to you, though.? Zekk remarked. An alarm rang in his head, warning him?Jaina was not happy. That was never a good sign.

She cocked her head at him, her narrowed, brandy eyes staring straight at him. Zekk got the faintest impression through the Force that she was feigning innocence. ?You must be up early for a reason though, I know you?not exactly an early bird. You wouldn?t happen to be leaving would you??

Zekk?s emerald eyes snapped down to meet Jaina?s. Judging from the angry spark he found there, an angry spark directed at him?she knew.

Attempting to lie was no use. She already knew the truth. Maybe it was better that way, he?d never been able to lie to Jaina anyway. Averting his eyes from hers he sighed, ?How?d you know??

A small smirk crossed her lips then, though Zekk could see plainly that it held little joy, though there was a slight trace of amusement. ?Well?Lowie and EmTedee broke in at ah, a very interesting moment.?

There was silence for a long moment before Zekk shook his head, forcing the various images that had come to his mind away with a shudder. ?On second thought, maybe I don?t want to know??

?Jag proposed.? Jaina said suddenly, seeming almost as though she couldn?t believe it herself.

If someone had whipped out a lightsaber right there and chopped him into pieces, Zekk wouldn?t have felt any smaller or less worthless. His mind couldn?t get around the facet- didn?t want to get around the fact- that Jaina was engaged now?and to Fel.

?Yeah well, if you?ll excuse me Goddess?I need to get going.? He muttered, reaching for his tools that sat by his feet on the floor.

Just as his fingertips brushed against the toolbox?s smooth, metal handle, it flew from his grasp. Zekk jumped in surprise as the box skidded across the floor, all the way to the other side of the hangar bay, where it thudded rather sharply against the wall.

Sithspawn, Jaina?

He turned to face the girl, running a hand back through his dark hair in an exasperated motion. She was still standing there, her arms were still crossed. Zekk noted that she seemed to be struggling to retain her defiance.

?You promised.? She said, her voice a low whisper. Her dark eyes stared straight up into Zekk?s emerald, and the older Jedi found himself rooted to the spot.

?Jaina, I-?

?No.? She cut him off. She placed a small

16. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    First reply! hehehe, great ending, though I think it could go further. Consider a sequl and I'm looking forward to songfic.

Fireyforce

17. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    Great ending.

-The Scummy-

18. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Yay! What a perfect ending! Congrats on the noms; I wish you success in the awards!

?I?ve said this about two or three times by now, but if you really need it explained again?? Jaina murmured, rolling her eyes in a teasing manner.

[face_laugh]

?Well, are you in need of a co-pilot, by any chance??

Zekk?s face grew skeptical. ?Only as long as it?s not that Goddess I?ve been hearing about. Terrible mood swings, I?ve heard?rather violent towards the tools of innocent bystanders, as well.?

[face_laugh] You had some really great lines in here. Overall it's an awesome fic. :D And you finished it so well.

19. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Beautiful ending! :D

Han snorted over in the corner, where he still stood, watching the ship until it had flown from sight. ?Yeah, yeah?real sweet and dandy. My daughter?s flying off on a ship with a boy. Un-supervised and without a blaster.?

[face_laugh] It's your fault, Han! [face_laugh]

20. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Great ending. Han? You'd better be happy - you got what you wanted!

Great job, ZekksGoddess. As has already been suggested, a sequel to this might be an idea!

oldj

21. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Cute ending! (but I still feel sorry for Jag :p )

Anyway.... on a side note. I have a small monitor and the spacer lines you put in your story makes the screen so wide I have to side scroll to read. Maybe in the future you could make your spacer lines just a tiny bit shorter?? *face begging*

:D

22. Lyrienne

Lyrienne Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2004
    Awwww, this was lovely ending. [face_love] I love the way you resolved things between Jaina and Zekk in the end, letting them air out all their old arguments, and begin to build something new. :D

keep an eye out for a songfic that could be posted within a few days!

Oh, I'll be watching for it!

23. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Great ending. :)

24. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Awesome, that was the perfect ending to this story, and a lot the lines in here were priceless! Very Zekk or Jaina, and very much in character with how their feelings would probably be.

Awesome!

Consider a sequel maybe? If not, want a hand planning one ;)

We need more J/Z! lol!

And I'll keep an eye out for that songfic! ;)

25. angeladear

angeladear Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Wow! Awesome! They were so sweet together! I love how you right them, I could really get a feel for the characters. It was very sweet and romantic. There is only ONE THING I have a problem with......

It's not enough! I need more I tell you, MORE! You have to write a sequel! If you don't, I'll,....
    *smacks self upside of head* Sorry.
    Ok, really no pressure or anything...

LOVE IT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.