main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Father's Heart (J/J, Soontir Fel)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EmpressJainaSoloFel, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    =D=

Amazing work so far. I would never have thought it possible to convey so much through Soontir's third-person-limited perspective, and yet you not only manage to showcase Jaina and Jag's relationship in all its tenderness and heartbreak, but Soontir's little mental asides at Han/Wedge/etc.'s expense are literally to die for. Profic is so caught up in action sequences that we tend to forget that these characters are incredibly admirable people, each and every one of them, so I'm glad you took your time developing them. In fact, long blocks of narration usually throw me off - I swear I have an attention span of about five seconds and I need dialogue to break the text into digestible chunks - but here, I didn't mind at all.

It's already been mentioned upthread but thank you for explaining that whole post-Unifying-Force-I'm-not-ready-to-go-to-Csilla-with-you klusterkriffer in a plausible and satisfactory manner. Seriously. Jaina and Jag made a mistake, the same one lots of young couples make; and the fact that the two of them define themselves so much in terms of duty and family was certainly a contributing factor. But you showed us how they ultimately recognized and resolved that mistake, and forged a stronger bond in virtue of it. Great, great job.

Yay for Corran and Kyp sticking up for Jaina in front of the Council. But Luke? [face_shame_on_you] And omg the wedding dress? I *sniffled* for Mara.

Good luck with your move, and I'd love to get on the PM list for future updates. :D

2. roguefel

roguefel Jedi Master

May 16, 2008
    Great post EmpressJainaSoloFel

Glad you got back to the story, I enjoyed reading how Syal saved Jaina by asking her to show her where the Mess was, and how Jag decided to save her from the horrors of Mess food!

Looking forward to the next chapter!

Kat

3. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Glad you've come back to this!

4. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    FelsGoddess: You're added!

TheSwordJainaSoloFel: Thanks! The emotions are the hardest to write, but the most satisfying when they're done.

Jade_eyes: I honestly think that failure to handle Myrkyr played a big role in Jaina's reactions to life for a long time afterward. I wanted to let the characters learn from the past, and how dangerous it is not to consider the emotions of the people involved. Thanks for reading!

OJN: I'm glad you've been watching, I'm debating on how to proceed with the next chapter now. Jag just isn't cooperating :-D. Syal and Soontir mush is too much fun to write, because they don't have to say much to understand. They just know each other so well.

SHADOW_MASTER_W: Wow! Thanks :) You're added.

Kailene: Thanks! Jaina and Jag have a habit of getting themselves in complicated messes. Nothing is ever simple around those two, lol. Which is probably why they're so much fun to write.

Lady_Tahiri: Thanks! Soontir is a lot of fun to write because he's incredibly observant/intelligent, so he's able to catch more than a little bit of what's going on around him. I think Jaina is a commonly misunderstood character (even she doesn't get herself, sometimes), but there are a lot of reasons she did what she did back then.

roguefel: Syal has never had the misfortune of tasting mess food. It should be a rather memorable experience :-D

Solo_and_Fel: Thanks :-D

Current PM List:
    roguefel
    tahiriveilax
    Kailene
    TheSwordJainaSoloFel
    jedikatie26
    Aurelius11
    _sticks
    jaina-Fett
    Rogue11JSF
    JordanCHFel
    Jainasolo101
    EGKenobi
    FelsGooddess
    SHADOW_MASTER_W
    Lady_Tahiri

5. Dark_J3dii

Dark_J3dii Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2010
    just wondering if there will ever be another update to this story?

6. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    I'll second that.:p

This is such an awesome fic., more would be great.:D

7. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    I am a bad author, I've left this fic to collect much more dust than I ought. Between DRL being insane and my upset at certain recent J/J happenings in profic, I haven't had the time or inclination to finish this. I'll see what I can do to get an update going, here. Thanks for checking in, it means more than you know.

8. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    This is very well done, and I'll admit I like it -a lot. Whenever you find the inclination to update, please add me to the PM list. This story has me intrigued.

9. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Hopefully Jag starts cooperating so you can continue this.

In the mean time, congrats on your win in the Fanfic Awards. =D=

10. EbonyRadford

EbonyRadford Jedi Padawan

Jul 10, 2010
    I've been reading this story all night - and I'm officially in love! This may be a bit bold, but I say this should've been canon. It's nine kinds of perfect. On that ever thankful note, if you do choose to update this - may I pretty, pretty please find my way onto the PM list? I don't want to miss this. =D=

11. Tachelle

Tachelle Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2011
    Hey Empress-I saw Fathers Heart in your signature when you bumped Treason & Treaties. So I'm bumping this story for a continuation, too.

12. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    I have finally picked this fic back up. Several new chapters are just about post-worthy, so we should have more regular updates. Since it's been a while, I am not sending out PM's to people previously on the list, as I'm not sure who is still reading/even active on the boards. If you would like in on the new PM list, please let me know.

Chapter 10

Tomorrow, they would arrive on Bastion. Tomorrow, they would face the Moff council with the news that Jaina was claiming her Grandfather?s position in the Empire. Tomorrow, Jagged and Jaina would be tried in the court of public opinion. So much rested on tomorrow. The pressure was high, the cost for failure even higher.

Soontir felt like he was walking on eggshells. He couldn?t blame Jag for being ready to explode at any moment. The tension was nearly unbearable. Jagged had been obsessively poring over reports all morning, while Jaina had stayed out of sight as much as possible. Her emotional meltdown yesterday hadn?t been a surprise. He was eternally grateful that Wynn had been available for that one.

It wasn?t that he didn?t know pregnancy losses happened, he simply didn?t know the words to say. Wynn, however, could relate all to well to what Jaina was going through. He hadn?t anticipated a simple diaper ad on the HoloNet being the cause of the meltdown. Wynn had recognized the look on Jaina?s face immediately, and had been quick to hustle her out of the room. She wasn?t quick enough to prevent Soontir from noticing the way Jaina?s shoulders were shaking or the tears running down her face. It had been only the start of a trying afternoon.

The happiness of a couple days ago seemed so elusive today. Soontir knew that the wounds would heal, and that healing would take time. In healing, sometimes a wound reopened. That didn?t make it any easier to watch his son and daughter-in-law suffer. He stared at the flight simulator, debating whether or not to run a sim solo.

?I?m guessing Jagged turned down your offer for a sim?? Wedge had been invaluable over the last several days. It was his ability to manage any situation confidently and coolly that kept things running smoothly, and Jaina?s meltdown under wraps.

?He did. He seemed unusually interested in the tax stream reports from some world I can?t remember.? Turning down a sim just wasn?t like Jagged.

?Probably one of Lecersen?s planets. That moff is nothing short of trouble, and according to Reige, most of the attempts to remove Jagged are originating from him. Jagged isn?t a fool, and he?s well aware of the importance of tomorrow.? Wedge, for the first time that week, looked truly tired. No wonder he?d ventured to the simulators.

?Everything rides on how the Moff Council reacts. I?m starting to think Jaina?s assessment of the next few days is about spot on. A few assassination attempts, moff intimidation, complete and utter boredom? Has anyone told her about the ball that is being thrown in a week??

?She knows. Winter has spent quite a bit of time refreshing both Jaina and Jagged?s knowledge of the various dances that may be utilized. Winter insisted on Jaina learning them in childhood, so she is familiar, just out of practice.?

?I can imagine the fun Winter had in teaching Jaina anything feminine.? Jaina still protested furiously at being forced into a dress, and was quick to throw on a flight suit every time she could find an excuse to do something where a dress would be hindrance. She was getting increasingly more adept at finding reasons to stay out of the dresses. She tolerated them in public, but only because her position dictated it. Her handmaiden was working overtime trying to keep Jaina manicured, made up, and coiffed.

?You should have seen the arguments that ensued when Winter mandated Alderaanian ballet in addition to Galactic Standard ballroom. The only way they got Jaina to agree to it was Han offering her one hour of flight time for every hour she spent in ballet. Until that agreement was finally reached, there was pure chaos in the Solo household.? Wedge laughed, and Soontir could only imagine how

13. TwinsinsThlee

TwinsinsThlee Jedi Padawan

Jul 1, 2011
    I just read this fic last week, but I thought it was abandoned, so I was sad, but now it's back, and now I'm overjoyed!

Haha, I absolutely love this fic! I adore the way you write in Soontir's POV. He's usually portrayed as the menacing, macho, Imperial. Not necessarily the good kind either. :p

I cannot wait until you update again, because I know you have something up your sleeve. You can't end an update with, "He just hoped that Jagged and Jaina never teamed up with Wes Janson. The galaxy simply couldn?t take that kind of mayhem." and NOT mean it as foreshadowing. [face_devil]

Anyways, I would love to be added to the PM list, if you have one.

Love this fic too much. Hopefully the ball is coming up soon! [face_praying] [face_mischief]

-Twinsins Thlee

14. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Oh, I am so happy to see that you've once again picked this story up, it's wonderful.

And things are certainly heating up; loved the banter between Wedge and Soontir and the wisdom and guidance they bring to Jag and Jaina.

15. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    I have returned to writing this fic, and will post the updates as soon as the posts-being-cut-off issue is fixed!

JediFarfy likes this.
  16. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
  17. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    Chapter 11

As Jagged’s shuttle left the docking bay, Soontir felt the knot of tension tighten. Jagged would be holding a press conference prior to the arrival of Jaina and the rest of the Fels. If the reaction was unpleasant, he could adjust plans so Jaina could avoid it. If Jagged had known how the morning would play out, he would have taken Jaina in the first shuttle. Soontir shook his head, resigned that nothing would go the newlyweds’ way today.

The shuttle that arrived in system was all too familiar to Soontir. “That is Aristocra Chaf'orm'bintrano’s shuttle.” Shawnkyr took another step towards the viewport, watching the shuttle make its way to the landing bay, and continued. “He’s here for an alliance. The Chiss would rather cement an alliance than risk having your family and Jaina consider war. Your family knows too much, and Jaina has proven her ability to fight the Chiss and win. They aren’t willing to have that kind of loose end.”

Even forging an alliance would be tricky. The Aristocra was used to dealing with Jedi. However, Jaina was not her uncle. She was too perceptive, and tended to assume everything was a trap and work from there. Soontir had no idea how Jaina would respond to a Chiss on board the Pellaeon’s Legacy. Worse, he had no control. There was nothing he could do to shield Jaina from the interaction he knew she’d been dreading. They had thought Jagged would be there to serve as a buffer. The pitfalls of scheduled press conferences… The only reason the Aristocra would arrive now would be to avoid dealing with Jagged directly. He clearly anticipated an easier time negotiating with Jaina. It had been no secret that she was arriving on Bastion with Jag, but her appearance was tentatively scheduled for the afternoon conference only.

Halfway to the landing bay, Soontir was joined by Jaina. If she was nervous, it wasn’t showing. Her sabacc face was carefully in place. He offered his arm, and she accepted with a small smile. The walk was completed in silence. Out of the corner of his eye, Soontir noted the deep crimson gown Jaina wore today. Again, her hair was up and curled, although today’s style was far more elaborate than any he’d seen on her previously. Small flowers were carefully placed throughout, their delicate white standing out dramatically against her dark hair.

Before he knew it, they were passing through the doors to the landing bay and he had just enough time to whisper the proper greeting for an Aristocra before Jaina released his arm to stride confidently up the aisle created by the elite stormtroopers standing in formation through the bay.

As Chaf'orm'bintrano strode down the ramp, the politician’s mask that Soontir had seen him use so many times was firmly in place. If he was surprised at the warmth in Jaina’s greeting, he didn’t show it. Rather, he politely bent over and kissed the back of her hand before responding, “Lady Solo, it is a pleasure to meet you. Please, call me Formbi.” From the slight rustle of movement in the stormtrooper ranks, the Aristocra must have realized he made a mistake. Jaina had enough familiarity with the Chiss to understand their culture reasonably well. The formalities of court life amongst the Chiss were new to her, but she had followed Soontir’s instructions exactly. Formbi, however, had utilized the greeting for an Imperial baroness, not a duchess. It was a subtle and simple mistake. But it was a mistake that gave Jaina the edge. Formbi would have to tread more carefully, as everyone in the hangar was aware of the inadvertent insult.

He was too seasoned a politician to allow the error to throw him off stride for more than a moment. As they walked toward the back of the hangar, Formbi had engaged Jaina in a discussion of her family, particularly the Jedi Grand Master. She gave nothing away about the true nature of her departure from the Jedi Order, or her disappointment at being denied the rank of Master. Even though she knew the game, Soontir knew that the denial of that title had hurt deeply.

“I must admit, Aristocra, that I had not expected you here.” Jaina’s voice was level, giving nothing away.

“The Chiss have learned that it is… unwise to keep ourselves wholly separated from the galaxy. Given recent events, it was felt that an alliance should be sought with the Galactic Empire.” Formbi was on guard, unwilling to give away anything that wasn’t immediately obvious.

“I am sure Head of State Fel will be most interested in your proposal. I will bring it forward at tonight’s council meeting. Please, allow my staff to arrange quarters for you on Bastion during your stay.” She led the Aristocra to the conference room just off the hangar, where Shawnkyr and Syal had supervised the hasty preparation of refreshments. She handled the conversation masterfully, carefully keeping the discussion flowing on neutral topics. Soontir stayed clear of the conversation as much as possible. The Aristocra was courteous, but Soontir knew there was more to this than met the eye. There always was.

It wasn’t long before General Antilles summoned Jaina to the afternoon press conference. Formbi had insisted on taking his own shuttle to the surface, leaving Soontir with Jaina as they made their way to their shuttle. Once up the boarding ramp, he enfolded Jaina in a tight hug. The young woman was formidable, but even the strongest of people needed support. Support he was more than willing to give. She gratefully returned it before marching into the cockpit and promptly removing the crew member sitting in the pilot’s seat. Soontir chuckled as he took the copilot’s station.

“But, Your Grace, my orders…” The young pilot was clearly no match for the Solo Glare. He wilted before he’d even finished his protest.

“Lieutenant, I’ve flown my way through more wars than you’ve lived through. No one, and I mean no one, takes the pilot seat from me.” Soontir wasn’t unwise enough to point out that she would have to argue with Jag for that privilege. That glare was not anything he wanted sent his way. Soontir couldn’t wait to see it used on the moffs.

18. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    Chapter 12

The Lieutenant elected to strap himself in behind Jaina, and he was studying her every movement intensely. Smart man, electing to learn from one of the best instead of wallowing in defeat. The ride down to the planet was incredibly smooth, although by the look in Jaina’s eyes he knew she was wishing she was in her X-wing. He hated to admit it, but he was dying to try a sim run against her. He’d truly loved watching the recordings of the space battles she was involved in, starting with the ones Jagged had brought back with him after Ithor. The ones he brought back upon his return to Chiss space were even more impressive. There was no doubt she was one of the best. His favorite recording, however, was the sim she’d shared with Jagged on Mon Calamari after Ebaq 9. That had been the most breathtaking display of sheer skill he’d ever witnessed. Even though Jagged had eventually shot her down, the sim was very narrowly won. The recording soon saw use in the Empire of the Hand’s training program, and never failed to leave stunned silence.

He jumped slightly as she began communicating with ground control. Lost in my thoughts again… That’s happening more and more these days.

As she finished the landing sequence, the unhindered joy of a few minutes ago vanished from her face, the serene aristocrat’s face back in place. She straightened her shoulders as she hit the top of the boarding ramp, pausing a moment to be announced, then started down the ramp gracefully, headed in Jagged’s direction. Soontir couldn’t hear over the roar of those who had assembled to welcome Jaina to Bastion. The applause and cheering was near deafening.

Although he didn’t think it possible, the volume intensified as Jag wrapped Jaina in his arms. She blushed for a moment, burying her head in Jag’s chest. The love between them was plain to see as Jagged tilted her chin up and kissed his new wife, ignoring everything but her. Jagged had waited long enough to call her his, and he was not about to waste a moment of their time together worrying about what anyone else thought of them.

Soontir noticed the holocams zooming in as the kiss intensified, and spotted that annoying blonde reporter across the plaza. She was chattering excitedly at the holocam aimed her way, the kiss in the background. He made a mental note to watch the news tonight, and see what she had to say. Jayla Mandra’s reports on Jaina had always been complimentary, and that attitude clearly dominated on Bastion, much to his surprise. Soontir didn’t fail to notice the pink flower petals drifting down from the higher balconies, thrown by young children hopping up and down as they looked at the two war heroes. Jaina was being given a warrior’s welcome.

Finally, the couple broke apart, and Jag turned to face the crowds, Jaina tucked securely under his left arm. She laughed at whatever Jagged whispered in her ear, and gently brushed the pink petals out of his hair. Soontir moved around the plaza to allow for a better view of the press conference, watching the crowd carefully for reactions. In the back of his mind, he noted the pilot starting up the shuttle, preparing to move it to the Imperial Palace.

The plaza quieted instantly as Jag began speaking. “Citizens of the Empire, thank you. The Empire is what it is because of who you are: strong, determined, and dedicated. I know many of you saw the press conference earlier today, and know of my plans to rebuild the Empire to the glory we once enjoyed, without the cruelty and tyranny that characterized our age in the spotlight. This afternoon, I’d like to ask the privilege of introducing you to my wife, who will be by my side.”

Jagged was forced to pause briefly, as it was impossible to hear anything over the cheering of the crowd. The blond reporter was mere feet from him now, and Soontir could hear her happily begin reporting on the fairytale that was unfolding before her eyes. He lost track of what she was saying, instead looking at the gaze that passed between the newlyweds.

“Please allow me to introduce Her Grace, the Duchess of Braxant, Jaina Solo Fel.” As Jaina stepped forward to speak, he stood in awe. There weren’t many moments in a man’s life where he knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that history was being made. Today, however, was one of those days. Not only was history being made, but his son, and the lovely woman he’d asked to remain by his side, were the prime architects. As Jaina began speaking, directing her gaze from those in the plaza, to those who watched on the rooftops, she emanated confidence and power. Soontir could only stand, pride roaring in his heart, as Jaina described the orphanage system that had been set up over the last month, the new educational system that would be in place shortly, and pledged her life to the service of the people of the Empire. He would never be able to remember the rest of the words they spoke that day, but he’d always remember the electricity that shot through him as the Empire he’d once served so faithfully lifted its head and dared to dream of a future. A future it could be proud of. A future he’d be honored to serve.

The petals began to fall again as the couple made their way to the speeder a short distance from them. This time, there was no brushing the deluge of petals aside. Jagged spared one determined glance back at the crowds in the plaza as he handed his wife into the speeder. He allowed himself to wave briefly before following his wife.

As Jayla Mandra turned to interview the people around her, Soontir knew the court of public opinion had spoken. His heart wanted to celebrate, but he sternly reminded himself that they still had to face the moffs.

19. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    Chapter 13

Soontir didn’t know how he would survive the waiting. Knowing that Jaina was announcing her intent to claim her grandfather’s place and secure Jagged as Emperor made waiting for them to come home torture. The afternoon’s press conference had been a stunning success. From watching the commentary on the holonews, the average citizen loved Jaina for how swiftly she had moved to improve the lives of the people she was responsible for. Her first move had been to ensure the safety and well-being of the Empire’s orphans. Her second, and most popular, was her plan to rebuild the Braxant Sector. Those who were struggling just to survive could be hired by the Empire in agriculture or construction and earn a wage while they contributed to improving the infrastructure of the sector. Not only would they be able to earn enough to provide care for their families, they would learn the skills needed to continue supporting themselves long past when they left the program. To help oversee the project, Jaina had brought in Lando Calrissian. His unique flair and business-oriented mind took the project from the debate stages to a venture that, one month in, was already garnering an unusual amount of interest in the holopress. The project was expected to add programs for medicine, technology, and the arts soon.

Jaina’s schedule over the next month included touring the sites selected for the project, as well as the various orphanages and children’s hospitals in the sector. Syal had offered to accompany Jaina on the orphanage/hospital tours, and Jaina had been enthusiastic in accepting Syal’s help. Syal was currently involved in preparing for the tour by placing orders for stuffed animals. She couldn’t resist adding model X-Wings and clawcrafts for Jaina and Jagged to sign. Soontir had given up teasing her about the scheme when she’d threatened to add TIE Interceptors for him to sign. She was bent over the console, smiling as she anticipated making a child’s day just a little brighter. His wife had extensive experience in these types of tours, and it was the thing she missed most when she gave up her acting career. Secretly, Soontir thought she also wanted to keep an eye on Jaina.

Jaina, much as she looked perfectly composed and confident in public, still had semi-regular periods of emotional upset in private. Aristocra Formbi’s arrival hadn’t helped. Soontir considered it progress that Jaina was slowly allowing the Fels to be part of her support system. Wynn had made a special effort to stay by Jaina’s side when Jag couldn’t be there, and Syal was just as fiercely ensuring that Jaina had an emotional safe haven. Jaina was family, and family put family first.

The sound of Jag’s footsteps brought Soontir out of his reverie. He quirked a dark eyebrow in his son’s direction, waiting for Jagged to speak.

“The moffs are not happy about it, but there is not much they can do short of assassinating us. And right now, losing Jaina would be a public relations disaster for the moffs. The general populace adores her.” Jagged stood by the side table, comparing a few of the crystal decanters, before he settled on his favorite brandy.

“It probably helps that the Imperial News Network has a variety of reporters who are only too happy to talk about your dedicated service during the Yuuzhan Vong war, and they’re playing up her role in the last war pretty hard, particularly being willing to give her all to ensure galactic peace. By the way, that kiss from this afternoon has been replayed frequently.” Soontir couldn’t resist the opportunity to make Jag blush, and he wasn’t disappointed. Jagged quickly turned directly to the table and poured himself a brandy to cover his discomfort.

“I wanted to talk to you about something, actually. You told me, on Coruscant, that you would be happy to help in any way possible. If you are up to it, I have a job for you.”

“I’m listening.”

“I’d like you to oversee theFlightSchool.”

It only took Soontir a moment to make his decision. “On one condition. Jaina gets to participate as a guest instructor as often as she wants.” She could never be allowed to fly in the 181st, she was far too valuable to risk in a fighter squadron but Soontir could give her the next best thing.

***********************************************************************​

Jaina’s face was split in a broad smile as she followed Soontir into the training facility a few days later. Jagged had readily agreed to Soontir’s condition, and Jaina was more than willing to take him up on the offer. Like her father, she had flying in her blood and was an excellent instructor. He’d enjoyed working with her to program the sim they’d be running today. She had a mind with a distinct turn to the devious. As agreed, she waited at the door to the simulator room. Soontir wanted to introduce her at the opportune moment.

He smiled as he noted the cadets standing at strict attention. It hadn’t taken long for word to get out that the legendary Baron Soontir Fel would be running flight school. Clearly, the cadets were determined to impress. “As many of you know, I am General Baron Soontir Fel. I am here to ensure you have the best flight training the galaxy has to offer.” As he continued, the memories of his first training class flooded his mind. I am Captain Soontir Fel. I will teach you how to fly and how to survive. If you think you know better than me, all I can teach you to do is die. He was the best the Empire had ever had, and teaching was his passion. Jagged couldn’t have given him a better assignment.

“Now that you have received your instructions, I have one last piece of information to brief you on before we begin. Your wing commander.” Jaina strode into the room, her signature Corellian swagger very much in evidence. She didn’t react to the sudden tension in the room as the cadets realized they would be flying under the command of their new empress. Without breaking stride, she moved to Soontir’s right side and gave the cadets an appraising glance.

“Your wing commander today is Empress Jaina Solo Fel. She started her military career during the Yuuzhan Vong War as a member of Rogue Squadron, and took over command of Twin Suns Squadron during the Borleias campaign. She served with distinction during the battles for Hapes, Ebaq 9 and the retaking of Coruscant, among others. After the Vong War, she became the first woman to command Rogue Squadron. She participated throughout the Second Galactic Civil War in a variety of squadrons and missions, most notably the strike on the Anakin Solo. Her skill in a starfighter is legendary, and we’re very lucky that she has agreed to take time out of her schedule to participate today. Are there any questions?”

The sense of awe among the cadets was poorly hidden. Even if Jaina hadn’t flown for the Empire, she was a living legend and one of the deadliest fighter pilots alive. She answered their questions on the mission with a brisk efficiency gained from years of command experience before ordering the cadets to their cockpits. As the cadets moved to the simulators, Soontir glanced sideways just long enough to catch the feral grin on Jaina’s face. “If you have the time Jaina, I’d love a one-on-one after this sim.”
    “If your ego can handle it, I’m in. Just don’t use your age as an excuse for losing.” She grabbed her helmet and made her way to the ball cockpit she’d be using, leaving Soontir no chance to respond. As she swung up into the cockpit, his mind was alive with the various sim scenarios he could use for their one-on-one. He couldn’t wait for the cadets to finish.

20. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009