main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Father's Heart - the diary of Bail Organa - updated 9/28

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    oh wow, awesome work Vader. Excellent insights into the thoughts and feelings of Bail Organa. I get a feeling of what a strong character he was, to be able to hold up his walls against Vader and Palpatine like that... Wonderfully written. add me to your PM list, if you have one

=D=

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    ?The one you thought dead wears the mask.?

WOW

It's probably a good thing Bail knows the truth. Perhaps it will help it protect Leia for a bit longer.

I'm not surprised he struggled with his decision to return to the Senate.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Today, I met with Palpatine himself for the first time since he declared himself Emperor. And today, his new creation was revealed to his ?loyal? subjects. I knelt, but in my heart I raged against what he was - and what he had done. And at his side, there hulked the monster known as Darth Vader.

It is a perfect description of the relationship that Palps & Vader have.

He was fearsome enough in appearance to intimidate anyone. I was not immune. No one with any sense would be.

I like Bail always being so thoughtful and careful.

But I did not know real fear until I returned to my quarters and saw a simple message on my private data pad. It was in an ancient encryption code - the one Obi-Wan and I had decided to use in those extreme instances when we had to communicate. The one in which I keep this journal.

?The one you thought dead wears the mask.?

That was all it said. That was all it needed to say. I knew immediately what it meant.

And I am happy to know that Obi-Wan is also a careful considerate man. The twins have the best guardians that they ever could wish for.

I know the truth now. I know that Anakin lives, that somewhere inside the fearsome armor and behind the terrible black mask there is a man who once loved, once laughed.

Leia?s father.

No. I cannot accept that. I am Leia?s father. No matter whose blood runs in her veins, I am the only father she will ever know. And I feel pity for whatever remains of Anakin Skywalker.

This is a famous question: nurture or nature. I am glad it pops up here and that Bail is so fierce yet fair about that question. And he feels pity with Anakin.

Observation: I hope that I am as strong as Obi-Wan felt me to be. This is going to be much more difficult than I ever imagined. But I can do it for Leia. We can do it for her.

Well, he is as strong and good as both Obi-Wan & Yoda hoped.

[:D] Brilliant up-date, Vadey. I simply love it.

4. jazjediundercover

jazjediundercover Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2008
    oh... poor guy! I feel sooooooo sorry for Bail! But I agree with him. He is Leia's father. Anakin only helped concieve her.

5. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I manage to pop in! :D

Things are finally calming down. [face_dancing]

This is very powerful. While I respect blood ties, I have always felt that family is in the heart and biology isn't the critical factor. Love is. I admire Bail's commitment and determination. :)

6. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    Good character choice for a journal entry. Bail is one of my favorite characters, but he is vastly underused. You've done a wonderful job so far- as a reader I really get a feel for Bail & his relationship with Leia.

Keep up the good work- I'm looking forward to more.

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Lady_Skywalker87 It's amazing what we can do for our kids! :p

Seremela I don't think we see enough of Bail or Breha in the pro fic. I'd love to see a novel at least about Bail and Leia. :D

Kelli_LB This diary is a joy to write, that's for sure!

Jade_eyes And Leia will agree with him! ;)

RX_Sith He's going to have to learn to keep his emotions hidden.

dancing_star Thank you. :)

earlybird-obi-wan As Leia will tell Luke over and over!

LASOS Bail is such a great character. [face_love]

Vivid_Scripts Will do and thanks!

KELIA It can't be an easy decision. :(

AzureAngel2 I think Bail is extremely compassionate, so it's natural he'd feel some pity for Anakin, even though he's a monster now.

jazjediundercover Leia says you're preaching to the choir! :p

Dooku-Darklighter I'd have to agree with you there - blood isn't the most important factor.

alhana_antilles Bail is one of my favorites too! Thanks for reading

[b]Entry #9[/b]

I talked to Breha tonight. I could not reveal what I had learned, of course, because our communication might not be secured. But as always she sensed my mood. After a long, uncomfortable moment of silence (rare in our marriage), she smiled at me and said, ?Do what you have to do, Bail. I promise I?ll watch over our daughter.?

With that, my decision was made.

I know that I must stay here. Our original plan was a good one and I cannot let fear change it. Now, more than ever, I must not alter this path we have chosen. All of the reasons for choosing it remain.

Vader has no reason to look twice at the adoption of a baby girl by a royal house of Alderaan. I mean to keep it that way. I will give the Empire my support, my loyalty will be theirs as far as they know. Slowly, quietly, and behind the scenes I will do what I must. But my public face must be perfect, at least for now.

Only for Leia and Breha could I stomach this cesspit. Gods, how far we have come from the democracy I once served!

[b]Observation:[/b] My wife?s wisdom and compassion sometimes amaze me. I know that Leia is not our flesh and blood, but it is my hope that our daughter will emulate these qualities, which she will see her mother demonstrate every day.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Super update. Yes, indeed. Leia does have the wisdom and compassion wired. :* :*

9. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Wonderful as always. :) @};- Bail is such a loving husband and father. [face_love] Leia certainly possesses those qualities as she grows. Lovely job!! [:D]

=D= =D= =D= =D=

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Observation: My wife?s wisdom and compassion sometimes amaze me. I know that Leia is not our flesh and blood, but it is my hope that our daughter will emulate these qualities, which she will see her mother demonstrate every day.

She will;) Mothers and fathers influence their children always.

Super update=D==D=

11. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Only a true father would tolerate the one thing that he despised for his wife and daughter.

Excellent once again Vadey=D=

12. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Excellent as always. Bail having to deal with the unbearable while still bearing the huge weight and pain that it causes.

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I am happy that Bail has somebody to share his burden & his deep love with. Bittersweet up-date from a concerned father.

14. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    but it is my hope that our daughter will emulate these qualities, which she will see her mother demonstrate every day.

And she did [face_love][face_love] [face_love]

It's unfortunate Bail had to play the role of loyal servant but I think in the end, it probably the Organa's from an even worse fate.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

15. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Wondeful as always!=D=

Leia could not have better parents![face_love]

16. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I so empathize with Bail. The poor man is conflicted yet determined to stay the course. I believe Liea has two great role models. She will indeed learn much wisdom.

17. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    What a difficult life he has chosen. I love how he's driven by the love for his family, he's a wonderful character. You capture the courage he shows in RotS so very well. Another great update =D=

And you are right, there should be official books about him!

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes Which would make BOTH of her mothers proud. :)

dancing_star Thank you! [:D]

earlybird-obi-wan I think so too! ;) Leia will grow up to display many of their characteristics!

CPL_Macja Yeah, that's what parents do. :p

RX_Sith It doesn't make work his "happy place" that's for sure! [face_mischief]

AzureAngel2 Thanks for reading!

KELIA I think it was a smart move, that's for sure!

Lady_Skywalker87 The Organas did right by here, that's for sure!

Dooku-Darklighter Leia's very blessed.

Seremela Maybe we should sign a petition or something? [face_thinking]

[b]Entry #10[/b]

I have known many Jedi in my career. These past years of war have necessitated working closely with the Order. I am sad to realize that it was war which brought the Jedi so closely in contact with the Senate. I wish I had known more of them, known them better, simply as beings that make their way in the galaxy as best they can. Those I did know, I respect greatly. Masters Yoda and Obi-Wan were more than great warriors, yet it was only in their role as warriors that I could get to begin to know them.

Of course, for that I must also be grateful, because no matter what lies the new Empire tells, I know that the Jedi were not evil and that they did not try to topple the Republic in a useless bid for power.

That was Palpatine?s game and he played it very well. I must give the enemy his due, after all. He played upon all our fears and our weaknesses and out of them forged an Empire. We practically gave him the galaxy, wrapped up tight and to be disposed of at his whim.

If the Jedi had any fault in this disaster, it was that they thought others would be as honorable as they were. They did not comprehend what terrible evil can lurk behind smiling faces. As a politician, I accepted this truth long ago.

It is a weakness I will make sure that Leia does not share. She may have the power of a Jedi one day, but she must not have their naiveté. It?s a hard galaxy out there, and my daughter will be ready to face it. She must recognize evil in order to defeat it. I hate that I will have to show her what might be behind the pretty words and faultless manners of a politician, but far worse to allow her to be unprepared. For now, we must all endure this new Empire. But I have hope that it will not always be this way.

And maybe one day, she?ll be a part of something that will restore democracy to our universe.

Maybe that?s why she and her brother were spared.

[b]Observation: I didn?t realize how much I would miss Leia, having become so accustomed to having her around even in such a short time. What is it about babies and children that lets them work their way into our hearts so quickly and completely?[/b]

19. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Yes, luckily Leia will become what Bail wants her to be; but of course not until she meets her brother again.

20. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Wonderful as always! :) @};- Leia was definitely prepared for the "real-world" at a young age, and it was because of the love and care Bail had for her. He is such a good father to her. [face_love] Very nicely done and looking forward to more!! [:D]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

21. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great update. Does he know[face_thinking] what Leia will become? And all love children. (except Sith)

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Bail is so wise :* He has clarity of perception and knows what needs doing to keep from falling into the same pitfalls.

23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    It is good to know that Bail learned to value them in totally new ways... for wars do not make great. ;)

True, too true. And this is why his sithly plans with double schemes worked that good. :(

It must be hard being a politician... and rather sobering.

So he makes her look behind masks... which is a helpful skill... :D

There seems always to be a greater plan from the force itself. Greater than Palpatine and even greater than the evil out there. O:)

Awwwww... [face_love]... as a former kindergarden teacher I know exactly what you mean.

24. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    =D= =D= Awesome part! Full of great observations on the Jedi and on everything that had happened, and then you let it lead into this:

...and it all links to that wonderfully strong princess we meet in ANH =D=

You paint a wonderful picture of their relationship and Bail's influence on Leia. And through it all his love for her shines through [face_love]

:D Perhaps we should! Or try and make one of the established EU writers think that he/she came upon the idea him/herself. Hmmmm [face_thinking]

25. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    She may have the power of a Jedi one day, but she must not have their naiveté

I'm glad Bail was able to see the one weakness the Order had.

His wisdom will help Leia survive.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.