main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Father's Heart - the diary of Bail Organa - updated 9/28

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    Sorry for being so late... *very* late.... :( This poignant story, with its beautiful observations, deserves better from me!

:_| This is so, so sad. Not only the glimpse of the cruellnes of the Empire, but also the horrible dilemma Bail lives with every day. He cares so much! Courage, Bail, courage [:D] [:D]

And you do do, Bail, you do! [:D] [face_love]

Another wonderful update, Vadey =D= =D=

EDITED to say: :eek: I just realized your name wasn't in the mod-list on top of this page anymore, Vadey!

Wow, I don't come to these parts of the board for a little while and the world here shifts! [face_hypnotized]

I've hunted up the thread about the 'why', and I can totally see why you would make this switch though. And since you're not leaving, I'm relieved, because I LOVE your stories!

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes I have a feeling that Bail will do whatever he HAS to do! :p

dancing_star Thank you for reading!

earlybird-obi-wan As we know so well from seeing Leia in action! :D

ShrunkenJedi Bail is such a great character to explore, so much left untouched by the EU. :)

Force_Chick [face_thinking] Hmmmm...maybe. :p

AzureAngel2 Leia would not have been Leia without Bail Organa. :(

Seremela And I'm happily enjoying my "retirement" if I might say so! :D

[b]Entry #14[/b]

Palpatine has declared that every senator is to travel back to their homeworld. The official reason for this is that he wishes all of us to return restored and refreshed ? ready to get on with the business of the Empire.

As an old friend would say, ?Poo doo.?

What he [i]really[/i] wants us to do is to go home and extol to our homeworlds the virtues of this Empire he has created and is shoving down our throats. For once, however, I do not mind doing his will. I will do so gladly.

It seems years since I held Breha in my arms, a lifetime since I cuddled Leia and heard her laughter as I tickled her lightly. I?ve missed them so much that I haven?t allowed myself to think of them as often as I?d like because it made my heart literally ache within me. But now I am going home.

I am still a ?loyal? subject of the Empire. And so I will remain for the time being.

For Leia?s sake, and for her brother?s, I can do this much. One day, and I have no doubt the day will come, they will right the wrongs of their father and make good on their mother?s promise.

I have faith.

That will be enough.

[b]Observation: I can?t seem to pack quickly enough. I?m too excited. I need Breha here. She can pack for a thirty day trip in thirty minutes. I can never decide exactly what I?ll need. Oh well, I have clothes there. Only important documents will go with me. Problem solved. Breha, Leia, I?m coming home![/b]

3. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    I can?t seem to pack quickly enough. I?m too excited. I need Breha here. She can pack for a thirty day trip in thirty minutes. I can never decide exactly what I?ll need.
    Me too!! Takes me forever. :p I bring so much stuff and then end up not even using half of it. [face_laugh]

It seems years since I held Breha in my arms, a lifetime since I cuddled Leia and heard her laughter as I tickled her lightly. I?ve missed them so much that I haven?t allowed myself to think of them as often as I?d like because it made my heart literally ache within me. But now I am going home.
    [face_love] I loved this part too! ;) Wonderful update! =D=@};-[:D]

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I have faith.

That will be enough.

superb

and love his observations[face_laugh] But documents yes they are important

Very nice update=D=

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Liked very much Bail's loving eagerness to be home again-- I love how his faith is unshaken--Leia also keeps that lovely quality and never becomes warped by the things she sees or experiences. Some persons are blessed with the natures that when adversity strikes, they become more empathic and selfless. @};-

About packing -- yes, that can be a problem LOL but if the GFFA or in this case the Empire charges per bag, you learn to trim down real fast :p

[face_laugh]

6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Palpatine has declared that every senator is to travel back to their homeworld. The official reason for this is that he wishes all of us to return restored and refreshed ? ready to get on with the business of the Empire.

As an old friend would say, ?Poo doo.?

Yes, that indeed is a moutain of "Poo doo" that you can smile eight miles against the wind.

I am still a ?loyal? subject of the Empire. And so I will remain for the time being.

For Leia?s sake, and for her brother?s, I can do this much. One day, and I have no doubt the day will come, they will right the wrongs of their father and make good on their mother?s promise.

I have faith.

That will be enough.

Yes, he shows more bravery than others in dark times. It is also good of him to think about Leia´s brother often.

I need Breha here. She can pack for a thirty day trip in thirty minutes. I can never decide exactly what I?ll need.

Yah, my husband is also amazed of my skills of packing.

Wonderful update!

7. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    [:D] YES, he's going home! I'm so happy for him, I hope he will be able to spend a long time with his family!

*grin* on the packing problems. Love his solution [face_laugh]

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    dancing_star I'm glad you liked it! :D

earlybird-obi-wan Thanks for reading! [:D]

Jade_eyes Palpy probably does have a baggage tax. He's just that cheap. :p

AzureAngel2
    Yes, I'm the packing genius in our family too. [face_laugh]

Seremela He needs to recharge. [face_love]

[b]Entry #15[/b]

Never has the trip home taken so long. Yet all the long days of worry and fear, all the endless hours of my journey, seemed to fall away from me the moment I saw Breha standing there waiting for me, Leia in her arms.

Breha lifted up Leia?s tiny arm and had her wave at me. I was surprised at the lump in my throat, even more surprised to discover that I didn?t care who saw me get emotional on my arrival back home. I might be a prince, but I am a man first. I?m a man who has missed his wife and child.

And now, I am where I want to be, if not where I [i]need[/i] to be. But surely even I deserve a small space of peace and contentment, here at home with my girls.

It is evening now and I am working on some official business for Alderaan, things that have been left undone while I was gone. We are in the library, and Breha is curled up on a couch with Leia in her lap, reading to her. Their heads are pressed together, the color of their hair so similar that I cannot tell where Breha ends and Leia begins.

I realize that for me, [i]this[/i] makes everything else worthwhile. I will do whatever I have to in order to preserve this, my family.

[b]Observation: Leia seemed a bit hesitant to accept me at first. After all, she hasn?t seen me in months and at her age, even a few months is a long time. Finally she warmed up to me again, peeking at me shyly from behind the curtain of her mother?s hair. When she reached for me, her tiny hands opening and closing in request, I felt as if I had conquered the galaxy, instead of the heart of one tiny girl.[/b]

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Happy wriggle!!! An update!!! :D

Very real to life observation there at the end that Leia needs to get used to Bail again but it doesn't take long. As usual, your details of baby Leia are too precious. :D

Breha and Leia's attachment is a sweet thing... that is apparently the mommy she remembers in ROTJ. ;)

[:D]

for a super update.

10. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    That was a nice and peaceful moment to return home to his family.

About Bail´s observation: Leia seemed a bit hesitant to accept me at first. After all, she hasn?t seen me in months and at her age, even a few months is a long time. Finally she warmed up to me again, peeking at me shyly from behind the curtain of her mother?s hair. When she reached for me, her tiny hands opening and closing in request, I felt as if I had conquered the galaxy, instead of the heart of one tiny girl.

This is always the way with small children and very well decribed by you. The story can only be so vivid and fresh, because you can thrieve from your own parental experiences and wave them into the SW universe.

:*

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely warm update to see Bail again united with his wife and Leia

12. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    [face_love] So glad to see the family together and happy! That was beautiful, real, and heartwarming. =D=@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.