main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Father's Love (L/V Father's Day special)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by mireille, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mireille

mireille Jedi Master star 1

Jan 8, 2005
    Hello everyone :)

I know I'm early for this, but I will be away for the week-end, and I wanted to make sure it would be posted for Sunday morning, so here it is :)

Summary: Vader has more and more difficulties with Anakin who tries to return within him ;P

A father?s love
    By Mireille
    June 2005 (skyjade@globetrotter.net)

Author?s note: This is a little something I wrote especially with the fathers of the world in mind, to honour them on their special day. I just hope I did it right :)
    Happy Father?s Day everyone!

The day was warm; the sky clear of clouds yet the heat of the sun was not pervasive. Instead, a slight breeze of northern air kept the temperature of the day within very comfortable ranges.

Or so Vader estimated since he couldn?t feel any of this thanks to his leather armour and gruesome head gear. His suit?s sensors provided him all the hard data about his surroundings, but he ?felt? neither the cool wind nor the warm air of the atmosphere.

Instead, he was isolated from the rest of the universe, his only sensations limited to that of cool leather and metal pressed against what was left of his real body, his temperature regulated by the internal systems of his special suit.

Pulling himself out of those technicalities, he focused his attention back on his whereabouts.

?So unlike Tatooine,? he reflected as his technologically-enhanced gaze roamed for a moment over the swaying green grass of Naboo.

Naboo.

?Her? world.

It had been a while indeed since he had been on that planet. In fact, his last visit almost felt as if it had been in another life... another galaxy...

As he remembered that other time, his electronic vision of the plains slowly shifted to that of his memory as a youth when he had visited the planet with ?her?. He also remembered how it had felt to be exposed to the delicate elements of her planet, how the wind had caressed his skin and hair back then, how the coolness of the air had tingled his exposed nose and cheeks. He remembered it so vividly that he could almost... almost ?feel? those sensations again...

If only he had known how lucky he had been back then; if only he had listened to her when she had told him that he had to put an end to---

?Okay, Dad, I think that does it,? a young-sounding voice commented from his left, startling him out of his contemplation.

Aside from the fact that he had thought that he was alone in this plain, Vader also reflected that he knew that voice, somehow, and that it shouldn?t be anywhere near him. However, what surprised him the most was the unusual address that he had just heard. ?Dad?? He mentally repeated the almost forbidden word, as if trying it on for size?-- when he suddenly realized that it ?had? been addressed to him.

To him? To Darth Vader?

Half a second after the youth had spoken, Vader finally whirled toward his interlocutor. That had been Luke?s voice, he confirmed the moment that he caught sight of the youth.

Luke! But what was he doing here? With him? And why had he sounded so naïve, so free of burdens and loving---

Vader couldn?t help but gape as he completed his turnabout and finally faced his son. Like at Bespin, Luke Skywalker?s hair were wind-swept, spanning over his temples while almost brushing up into his blue eyes, and he was dressed in tan fatigues, yet--- the boy didn?t resemble in any way the grim and grieving youth that he had faced on Bespin.

Here, he was smiling!

Heck, he amended in pure Tatooinian slang, the child was grinning widely, his pearly white teeth shining in the daylight while his whole countenance belied a profound state of relaxation, comfort, attachment---

?Her? smile, he suddenly recognized --- and then belatedly understood that the boy was ?actually? grinning at ?him?.

Him? But he was his enemy... his tormentor, his----

?It was just a matter of tig

2. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    I really enjoyed your writing except I forgot it is Fathers Day....AAARGH!

Mental note - go on boards whenever large festival - Christmas etc occurs.:eek:

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    What a great idea to write something for Father's Day! =D= Very well done! :D

4. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    *sniff sniff* That story made my cry!! It was so good, so well thought out. Thank You!!

5. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I really felt sorry for Anakin/Vader at the beginning, when he realized it had all been a vision. Good way to tie it all in to Father's Day.

6. mireille

mireille Jedi Master star 1

Jan 8, 2005
    Thanks everyone :)

Glad you liked the story :) Yeah, I know I was mean to Vader at the beginning, but he wished it :p He made me write the rest as it was ;P I originally had other plans, but, well... I guess I had to tell 'that' story, not the other one I had in mind ;P Glad you liked the way I connected it to Father's Day, too :)

Thanks again for your great comments everyone :) Giving you fun made my day :)

Love
    Mireille XXX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.