main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A favor to ask...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by rabidchicken, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rabidchicken

rabidchicken Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2006
    Hey everybody. I'm new here. I usually post over on the Star Wars Board (SWB) at Gamefaqs. I started an account here because it seems that a new user on Gamefaqs has been stealing topics from the TFN boards and placing them on the G-Faqs boards without crediting the author. In fact he credits himself for these well-worded arguments.

This man is plagueing our board and I would like to put a stop to it, so I'm asking for your help. The way I could use help is in finding a suspicious topic. He has recently posted a topic that is more intelligent than some of his others, so I suspect it's been stolen. The only problem is that I can't seem to find the topic here, so I was wondering if you all could point me in the right direction.

Do any of you remember seeing a topic, "Did Alec Guinness's Hatred of Star Wars Hamper the Movies?" or anything similar. If you have seen this topic here and know how to find it I really would appreciate some help.

Thanks, and may the Force be with you.

TLJ Edit: Fan Sites forum? I rather think Communications forum. But yeah, I don't think there's anything that can be done. It's the internet.

2. plokoonkenobi77

plokoonkenobi77 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2005
    just go to search
    type in the title of the post and search all boards and using all the words

3. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Ummm....since when does anyone care if someone has "stolen" a thread? It's not a big deal, and this is certainly not the place to be asking this kind of "favor".

4. rabidchicken

Apr 13, 2006
    The Search function doesn't seem to work...

5. rabidchicken

Apr 13, 2006
    Yes but you see he is plagerising which is wrong, and illegal I might add. Now I know none of you would appreciate it if some n00b came over here and started flooding your boards with his "brilliant ideas" once you found out they were actually stolen ideas that he took all the credit from.

I'm just trying to liberate my home board of this loser. While not required any help would be greatly appreciated.

6. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    If he just copied and pasted a thread about how Alec Guiness got mad at a kid at a baseball game then no one is going to care. No one on here owns any post, so therefore a post cannot be plagerized. If he steals Fan Fiction, that's another story (although LucasFilm owns any and all Fan Fiction, regardless of who wrote it).

Now, this is really not the place for this. If anything, put this in Fan Sites. This has absolutely nothing to do with the Classic Trilogy.

7. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    I do remember that thread. Its an actual thread that was posted here, awhile ago, maybe a year or so, can't remember exactly off the top of my head. Our search function sucks, but I'll take a few minutes and see if I can find it. But I am 100% positive that is a topic that has been posted here. I remember the title.

8. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    This was the only thing posted in the thread index.

9. Ani_Lover

Ani_Lover Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2005
    Yeah.....I took a look over at that site.
    It seems there is thread topics with the same title and everything.
    Whether illegal or not, it's not nice to steal someone elses ideas/topics and make them your own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.