main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Female Sith

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by varza, May 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Okay I was wondering if anyone else has done a female sith character.

I couldn't figure out a costume from the movie that I could actually do for my first one. So I decieded to make a female sith costume...

I am working a cape made from crushed velvet-black of course... and then thinking of using a pattern from a medivial time period costume.

Any ideas?

2. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    I believe it was Mirax (sp?) that did an awesome Lady Maul....

3. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    My wife did a Sithmistress outfit, and there are a couple others in the SDSWS too. She used black hikama pants, a black longsleeve top, a dark green sash, a black satchel, black cloak, black boots, and lots of dark gothish looking eye makeup for the full effect. She uses a Parks Malestrom saber with a green blade, looks pretty darned evil.

4. Jedi-Nitess

Jedi-Nitess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
    Yeah, Mirax did a great job on hers.

5. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    i did one in october

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/jedisamantha/mycostumes/websize/IM000091.jpg]

Thats me in the middle. My costume is loosly based on maul.

6. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I think that for a female sith costume you should make it gothic, and stuff like that. I really like Mirax's the face was kinda scary, but I liked the outfit. I think that tight leather looks really cool personally.

Forcebewitya!

7. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Yup, that was me. Since Darth Maul is my favorite character, but I couldn't do him cause I have terrible astigmatism and couldn't get the contacts, plus had too much hair to put under a bald cap, I went for a femme version. I like the idea of crushed velvet- I actually thought about doing that for the jumpsuit till I found the wet look lycra. I think some armor might be kinda cool or using bracers for the wrists made of leather or even molded from sintra or vacuformed from ABS would be cool if doing armor in a similar fashion. Maybe some spikes too?

8. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    There were some concept sketches for a female Sith lord made for Episode II, and do not forget Assaj Ventress from the Clone Wars comics.

9. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Assaj is very much based on some of the concepts for an ep.II female Sith, even if you can also see that much of her costume was modified to become Bariss.

10. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    wow! thank you everyone I will have to find out more info on the Arassj character... thanks Mirax & Jedi Samantha for the pics... I loved your costumes!

i will let you know how it goes... and everyonce in awhile post pics of stuff i have finished... the cloak should be done by the end of the weekend-crossing my fingers.. then i can figure out what material to buy for the dress/pants...

thanks again...

11. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    I was wondering if anyone knew of a pattern for a long bodice-maybe something that goes down over the hip a bit... i want one for my costume but i have a high waist and pretty much anything else will make it look higher...

12. DarkestAngel

DarkestAngel Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2002
    I am actually planning on doing this. Simplicity has a great pattern that looks kinda like a jedi pattern but it needs to be altered for the correct look. And instead of the pants that come with the pattern I will be doing a long black, pleated skirt that resembles the pleats maul had in his cloak. And instead of that cloak that maul wore I will be doing a long, flowing one that flows as I walk.

13. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    that sounds really cool...will you post pics?

i picked up one of the clone war comics and man Assaj rocks! Her costume is 90% like what I had in my mind... we have to rework some things and I am still waiting to break a ceratin weight before i make it...

I will hopefully have pics of my cloak by sunday...

14. Shint_Sattare

Shint_Sattare Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    Everyone's gonna hate me for this...

In the movies, most of the female Jedi just dressed like the men. I'm guessin it would kinda be the same for Sith since the men dress the same as Jedi, except, ya know, black.

15. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    not mad at all-just your opinion... but other then Vader how many sith have we seen in the films? and his gear was more like a samuri style then the Jedi gear...

as for having the same outfits.... i think characters such as Assaj, Lumiara and Barriss show that we can do it different...

16. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I am working on a Sith right now.

I am going with Blacks and greys. And trying to get a lot of texture in. I will be going with the basic layers most jedi seem to have, as in pants, tunic, overtunic and obi/belt however I am making it slightly more 'feminine'. :D I'll get one of my illustrations scanned in so you can all see what I am getting at here.

17. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Ok, here's the sketch of the costume I am doing. There are some differences in the actual construction. But then I was trained to do fashion illustration, not actually drawing all the seams and stuff ;)

Copy and paste! http://www.geocities.com/funkyjgoc/pics/sketch.gif

18. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    Nice. :) I like the sleeve treatment.

19. Shint_Sattare

Shint_Sattare Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    i think characters such as Assaj, Lumiara and Barriss show that we can do it different...

Notice I said most of not all.

20. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Thanks Stormtrooperprincess :D I want to pleat the whole undertunic, which I know will be a pain, but I think it will be worth it :D

21. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    yes you did shint... just wanted to add my thoughts...

Jedi Girl-that will be really nice...post pics when you are done, please I would love to see the final product...

I am having a hard time getting my concept for the dress done-I have some ideas but am waiting to do anything until i have something firm in mind and the weight lost...since i know it will be fitted and do not want to waste money on the dress and time then have to redo it in a few months...

I do know I will be using leather though for a bodice...

22. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I have done a female Sith, the black crushed velvet cloak (w/ an Emporor looking clasp), black pants, high heels (kill my feet), purple & black dress & purple & black light sabre, with purple blade.
    I'm getting tired of it & my next project is going to be a Sith Witch :D
    Pictures of my old costume is on www.rmff.net in the photo gallery under costumes.

23. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    I will see if i can find it... you guys have a huge amount of images but i will look and see what I can find...

sounds like your cloak may be simiular to what mine is-both crushed velvet...

still need to finish hemming it though... i have barely anytime on my hands lately...

24. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    okay after a month i finally got a chance to finish hemming my cloak...

I went today and bought the leather for the bracers and the belt I will be making... not cheap cost 60 bucks but i had to buy 15 sq ft of the black leather at 2.69 a sq ft...

the bracers are look easy to make but we will see...

we are having a costuming workshop on sunday for my fan force and i will take pictures for each step and post them and at the same time take pics of the finished cloak as well..

tomorrow i will be picking up the material for the dress... black of course...

25. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    What's the name of those pieces that were worn around women's waists in the 1700's? They would tie them from the back, they were meant for support... One of those in black leather, with the vader-ish tabbards flowing down in front would be cool. I'm not giving a very good description of what I'm talking about here, am I?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.