main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Few Aureks Between Friends (Wedge&Tycho) ***Wordy Challenge***

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Astronut, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astronut

Astronut Jedi Master star 1

Dec 12, 2005
    Title: A Few Aureks Between Friends
    Author: Astronut
    Characters: Wedge and Tycho
    Summary: A conversation between friends
    Time period: Before Specter of the Past
    Genre: Humor
    Notes: Written for the Wordy Challenge

Everything belongs to Mr. Lucas, Mr. Stackpole, and Mr. Allston.

Written for Week One of the Wordy Challenge. Word count: 600 and all the words are there in one form or another.

A Few Aureks Between Friends

In summary:
    The acrimony existing between the anthropocentrism organization Humans for Humans and the local agriculture amalgamations that employ non-human personnel has produced an escalating situation that extra-planetary anarchists are nurturing by seeding arable land with salt, creating arid wastelands, which further incites the agriculturalists. Due to the anachronistic nature of the regional authority?s filing system, it is nearly impossible to sort which allegations should be proscribed to which organization. While as impossible as this assignment might be, the situation would be better alleviated by Jedi arbitration than an affectation of power by Starfighter Command?s avant-garde Rogue Squadron.

?Feeling feverish or just trying to get out of a mission again?? a teasing voice asked.

Wedge looked up to see Tycho Celchu, his second in command, trying to read the holographic text hovering above Wedge?s desk. The difficulty of reading the text through the back of the hologram was surely augmented by Wedge?s unusually verbose word choices.

?I figured I?d return that Admiral?s favor of sending us off on this ridiculous mission by sending him an equally ridiculous mission report,? Wedge growled, rubbing his tired eyes.

?I see you found the thesaurus function on your datapad,? Tycho commented, amused. ?This will definitely be a report for the Rogue Squadron Mission Anthology.?

?Does that mean you?re volunteering to proofread?? Wedge asked sweetly.

Tycho snorted. ?No thanks, I?ll leave that abhorrent task to you. By the way, I think your thesaurus got stuck in the Aureks. You should sign it ?The Assiduous Archetypical Aerial Ace Antilles.??

Wedge glared, and then considered. ?What?s assiduous mean again?? he asked as he started to type.

?Diligent.?

Wedge?s glare returned to meet Tycho?s smiling face, this time with the intensity of a dual-linked laser. ?You?re never going to let me forget that little adventure on Adumar, are you??

?An astute appraisal, Antilles.?

?I knew all that adulation went to that big head of yours,? Wedge said as he finished signing off on the report as Tycho had suggested. ?Careful, or I?ll aerate the anterior apex of your skull in an apathetic manner with my blaster and then fill the holes with acetic acid.?

?You?ve got a couple of non-Aureks there and apex shouldn?t be included,? Tycho replied with a straight face. ?Besides, the assumption of the ego came with the assumption of Rogue Leader. I was just trying to fill your helmet.?

?Sometimes I wish your name was never absolved during your trial. Life would easier with you locked in an asylum. You and Wes. And Hobbie, too.?

?What ambivalence you show towards the idea of your dear friends facing adversity,? Tycho moaned, the inflated vocabulary ruining an otherwise credible impression of Hobbie.

Wedge?s eyes narrowed as he shut off the datapad. ?I would like to accentuate that I am nearing the end of my patience with alarming alacrity. I will remain ambiguous about my plans for revenge, as surprise can be advantageous, but as Wes will assure you, revenge is not beneath General Antilles.?

?Then why did you never get me back for that holo I allowed Corran to record back during the Borleias Mission??

?Who says I won?t? It?ll be when you least expect it.?

?Give it your best shot, Wedge,? Tycho said with a grin, knowing that while his Corellian friend would gladly prank Wes to keep him inline, he would never take revenge on his best friend.

?Just you wait, Celchu, just you wa

2. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    I absolutely adored your awesome artistry!

3. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Aw! Absolutely artful alliteration! (and after aeronautical activities, Antillies and assorted Aces abscond for ale & appetizers?)

:D

4. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    [face_laugh] I loved this! Well done.

5. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Heehee.

An amazing anecdote of an awe-inspiring articulation of Antilles's astounding A's and ashtonishing alliteration.

I had to use a thesaurus for that. :p

But it was a very, very funny fic! :D

6. Astronut

Dec 12, 2005
    Astronut admits astonishment at alliterated annotations and adds alliterated a?s are an ache to achieve.

Blue Milkshake - Thanks!

Divapilot - Aerospacial activites always are accompanied by ale and appetizers! Nice one, didn't think of that! Thanks.

Alhana Antilles - Thank you. And your username keeps up the theme!

Myra - I cheated and used a thesaurus sometimes too. So did Wedge, which is the problem. Glad you enjoyed it!

7. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Excellent response, Astronut! I love it when Wedge and Tycho tussle with words! Big words too. :D

?You?ve got a couple of non-Aureks there and apex shouldn?t be included,? Tycho replied with a straight face. ?Besides, the assumption of the ego came with the assumption of Rogue Leader. I was just trying to fill your helmet.?

?Sometimes I wish your name was never absolved during your trial. Life would easier with you locked in an asylum. You and Wes. And Hobbie, too.?

Be gone with the whole lot of em, eh Wedge! [face_laugh]

8. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Outstanding!!!! I love the pilots and they just don't get enough airtime IMHO. Great use of the words and great banter between Wedge and Tycho.

LOL Moment:

?I see you found the thesaurus function on your datapad,? Tycho commented, amused. ?This will definitely be a report for the Rogue Squadron Mission Anthology.? [face_laugh]

Well done! =D=

9. Astronut

Dec 12, 2005
    Brodiew - Thanks! One of my favorite parts in Betrayal is when they're trying to confuse Jaina with their conversation and I felt this would be a great oprotunity for them to practice. Oh, yes, Wedge would love to be rid of the lot! But they keep coming back!

Jade Pilot - Thank you. I don't think they're enough pilot fic either. Need to slowly brainwash everyone into pilotfans. :D

10. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    ?I see you found the thesaurus function on your datapad,? Tycho commented, amused.

[face_laugh] A fanficcer's best friend!

Amazing aptitude for...uhh...damn, this is hard. I hope you'll settle for me saying I loved it. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.