main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Few Items to clear up

Discussion in 'Archive: Abilene, TX' started by Yoda525907, Dec 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda525907

Yoda525907 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2002
    Ok now that we are official we need to choose a name. I know that Sith Syndicate was kicked around for a while. If that's what we still want to go with I need to know so that we can get that posted as our Chapter name.

Also I know that we all want to do something for The Two Towers so we need to get that in the works and figure out when we want to do that.

I also want to start planning our next meeting as soon as possible. Sometime in early January.

Also we can customize our board now so any ideas in that department I'm open for. Anyway start throwing out some ideas and we can see what pans out.

We finally made it guys!!!

Dave.

Also before I forget I need your E-mail addresses for the mail-list.

2. SPECTOR

SPECTOR Jedi Master star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    The Sith Syndicate. Toby already has a banner made up.

3. Yoda525907

Oct 13, 2002
    Ok that works for me I just wasn't sure that it was decided on yet.

Also we need to start planning our next event. I'm sure that it will have to do with The Two Towers. But I need to know if we are going to do it soon or do we want to wait till after the holidays?

I need to know this so I can post it on the CR boards and they can get it on the events list on the main page.

I also want to start planning for our next meeting for sometime in January. The sooner that we come up with a date the more time that we have to adjust either our personal schedules or our meeting date. But I'd like to set up a date soon.

I'd like to start with the date of Jan. 18 which I think is a Satuday. I'll leave the place up to you guys. I'm guessing either Mezimez or Starbucks.

Also at our last meeting there was discussion of a Star Wars movie marathon sometime soon. I'm all up for that. And unless someone has some other idea, I'm all for having it at my apt.

Anyway I would like some feedback from you guys. Let me know what you want otherwise I'm just guessing here. Dave.

4. strwrshrln

strwrshrln Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    I think it would be best to hold off until after the holidays for the next meeting. Things are just too crazy to get anything extra in now. I will probably be out of town the week after Christmas so I would have to wait until after then to be a part of anything.

Harlan

5. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    My 2 cents.

First, David (SPECTOR) and I came up with Sith Syndicate this summer and worked on the banner (have the link here somewhere), but if everyone doesn't like it, I will not be offended or anything. I think the Sith Syndicate sounds cool, but may turn a few potential members away. I kind of like Big Country Fan Force, because it's Force neutral, and it relates to the area. Most other chapters have their city's nickname or other name in the title (Houston - space city(NASA), Rocky Mountain FF - Denver and areas).

We can go with whatever we want, really, and I think since there are officially 5 of us, strwrshrln, spector, yoda525907, TIEAce17, and myself, we should all chime in and come up with some ideas. The Sith Syndicate was a brain child of David's and mine, but I don't think we have to stay with it. I would vote for Big Country Fan Force first, then Sith Syndicate second.

As for meetings, I think we should come up with a set day (like 2nd tuesday of the month) for our meeting and have it at a set place (like Mezamiz or starbucks or something). Waco meets every two weeks, but I think for us right now, once a month should be fine.

I'm with Harlan on the events calendar. After the holidays would be better. The Star Wars Marathon (4,5,6,1,2? or 1,2,4,5,6?) will have to wait, probably mid Jan? I probably could do a matinee of Two Towers on the 26th, provided everyone else is available. I say matinee, because anything after 8p would just be too late for this old man.

That's my input. Oh, we should also look into a website. I could do it, but putting it somewhere is the first concern.

Oh, and we'll have to re-do the image hosting, because I think they kicked us off of the one I was on (village photos?) for the banner.

6. Yoda525907

Oct 13, 2002
    Well. I've talked to Ace and he and I were both fine with Sith Syndicate so I've already sent that in to Nabooty Call as our nickname. I figured that since you and David came up with it and Harlan was already a go for it, that was that. It was unanamous.

And I do agree that we need to set up meetings for a set time of the month. Something like the second Sat. of every month.

I'm all up for a Two Towers Matinee. That my favorite time to go watch movies in the theater anyway. Less poeple (usually).

But I do need everyone's input into all of these topics. Since there are so few of us I think that it's important that we all agree. We don't have to agree on every little detail but I do think that we need to at least be on the same page about stuff.

Also I just had an idea who would be up for some bowling sometime. Nothing to do with Star Wars other than the fact that that's how we met. Just all of us go out one night, those of us with families bring them along if they want, and we just go out and have fun. It doesn't even have to be bowling. Just something for us all to go out and do just to get to know each other a little better. Anyway I'm just throwing some ideas out. Tell me what ya'll think.
    Dave.

7. Irby_Wan_Kenirby

Irby_Wan_Kenirby Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2002
    I think the "Sith Syndicate" is a well-to-do name. I know I am a little late in putting my two cents in but IF it offends someone that we are titled by the dark side of the force, then they need a wake up call. More than likely it won't offend anyone if they appreciate the Star Wars universe enought to seek a Fan Club. At least it isn't something like (and now I am probably going to step on someones toes) The Sith Democrats.

8. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    The Sith Democrats! Dammit, why didn't I think of that!!! Ooh, ooh, how about The Sith Ballaz? That would be cool.

9. TIEAce17

TIEAce17 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2002
    uhhhhhh....rrriiigghhttt....

10. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Hey, guys! The MidSouth forum listing has been updated with "The Sith Syndicate"

Enjoy!
    Brian

11. SPECTOR

SPECTOR Jedi Master star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    *Force chokes EVERYONE*

You do not know the power of the dark side. lol I've been way to busy. Someone call me up and tell me when the next meeting is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.