1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest.

New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Art Archive a few questions about how to draw

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by SilSolo, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    does anyone here know how to draw feet, blood, or clothes? thanks. I tried to look up tutorials but couldn't find the stuff that I was looking for.
  2. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    They're all tricky subjects, I have to admit. In terms of feet, the best advice I can give you at the moment is to practice, practice, practice. I know you've probably heard that several times before, but it really works. Look at your own feet, look at other people's feet, even look up pictures of feet online and just draw them over and over again. That's what my instructor had us do in my anatomy class and it really helped. I wish you the best of luck! :)

As for clothes, I have a great hand-out lying around here somewhere that my instructor gave me back in school. It outlines how to render folds using light and shadow and where to place wrinkles based on anatomy and the motion of the body. Let me see if I can find it.
  3. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    thanks. It's just taht for feet, I tried looking stuff up, but couldn't find any from the particular angle and most of the stuff I turned up were medical pictures. I also couldn't twist my own feet at the angle that I was aiming to draw or at least see a foot from. And my skin was too dark and slightly scarred from lots of mosquito bites. But thanks. the stuff about the clothes help
  4. DarthGaul Jedi Master

star 3
    Feet and hands will always be the most difficult to draw. If you go on Google images and look up Feet, you might find a few examples of different kinds of feet to draw from. Practice is the best advice any artist can give another. But don't forget that you need to study how they look with footwear on as well. But start at drawing a human foot and work your way from there.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    pictures, study pictures and paintings to draw clothing.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.