main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A few questions for EUers

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Edhel, Mar 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edhel

Edhel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2002
    I am unlikely to read most SW books, no time and so on. That and I don't really like the sound of a lot of things that have happened. So I have a few questions I was hoping some kind person could answer for me:

1) I heard something about Vader getting his hand cut off by the Emperor as a punishment. When did this happen and why and how?

2) Something about Luke turning to the Darkside. How/why/when? And did he turn good again?

3) How far beyond ROTJ are we up to now? How old are Luke and Han et al? Are Han's children old enough to wield lightsabres yet?

4) I heard of some race called the Yuuzan Vong (sp). Is the Empire completely wiped out by the time these fellas turn up?

5) Is Boba Fett still around (I heard he got coughed up out of the Sarlacc, or something, and didn't die)?

Any responses would be much appreciated!

Sorry if this covers (very) old ground.

2. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    i know only one answer, Boba Fett was spat out because his Mandoral armor, or some name like that, anyway, his armor wouldnt digest so the Sarlac Pit spit him out again.
    Woah... i actually KNOW something about this...

3. very-superior

very-superior Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2002
    LOL no you don't, he blew up the sarlacc with a thermal detonator

4. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    ...well, my friend, qwert is a dumbass. oh well, doesnt hurt me any.

5. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    1) I heard something about Vader getting his hand cut off by the Emperor as a punishment. When did this happen and why and how?

I forget myself.

2) Something about Luke turning to the Darkside. How/why/when? And did he turn good again?

See the Dark Empire, Dark Empire II and Empire's End comic books. Luke went to the Dark Side on purpose in his attempt to defeat the reborn Emperor.

3) How far beyond ROTJ are we up to now? How old are Luke and Han et al? Are Han's children old enough to wield lightsabres yet?

About 24-25 years or so after ROTJ. They're all about 24 years older. Han's children are 19 year old Jedi Knights.

4) I heard of some race called the Yuuzan Vong (sp). Is the Empire completely wiped out by the time these fellas turn up?

The Empire has been reduced to a small area of the galaxy, and now called the Imperial Remnant.

5) Is Boba Fett still around (I heard he got coughed up out of the Sarlacc, or something, and didn't die)?

He survived the Sarlacc, Retired, came out of retirement, and went back into retirement. It is unclear what happened to him. It's a theory that he may have become the Mayor of a planet and died when the Yuuzhan Vong destroyed it. He may have a wife and kids.

6. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999

Splinter of the Minds eye I believe, nothing else known for me.

Dark Empire, to try and defeat the CLone Emperor, and returned good

About 20-25 years after ANH(ROTJ 3 years after ANH), and they can use sabres now

No, they are under a peace treaty

He survived the Sarlacc, and was last seen alive, leaving Han after a standoff

7. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000

In the Thrawn Trilogy, Mara mentions that Vader got his hand cut off for the letting the Death Star get destroyed. It was supposed to explain why Vader had a mechanical hand.

He wanted to try and defeat the Dark Side from within, while also trying to discover why his father had been seduced by it. It was in the comic Dark Empire.

25 years. Yes, Han's children all became Jedi Knights, and Anakin has died in combat.

The Empire and the Republic signed a peace treaty. They reside in a part of space known as the Imperial Remnant.

Already answered above.

EDIT: Doh! Too slow. ;)

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I believe Mara mentions this on the forest trek through Wayland in The Last Command.

Dark Empire I comic series. Yes, Luke was turned back by "the love of his sister."

I believe the current books (Star by Star, Dark Journey, etc.) take place 28 or so years post-ROTJ. Someone please correct me if that is wrong.

The Empire has morphed into the Imperial Remnant, and is currently led by Grand Admiral Pellaeon(?).

Boba Fett should still be around... somewhere. Unless you believe crackpot theories that he died gloriously as a mayor of a planet annihilated by the Vong.

9. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999

I'm not sure, but it's doubtful that this is when ha lost his original arm... the Emperor just got really mad and cut it off again, I guess.

He turned Dark to defeat the resurrected Palpatine for good. And yes, he turned back to the Light side.

Luke and Han are in their mid-40's to mid-50's I believe. The Solo kids are teens.

No, but they have made peace with the New Republic. They have control of a few outlying sectors.

He killed the Sarlacc with concussion grenades, then crawled back up out of its gullet. He was rescued by Dengar (who was probably looking for a Jawa or something else to eat ;) ).

He's still around. No, wait, he was the Mayor of Sernpidal! ;) No, really, there's been nothing official about him since the start of Del Rey's book series The New Jedi Order.

10. Edhel

Feb 2, 2002
    Thanks everyone for answering my questions. :)

11. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Are you a movie purist?

12. palpatineson

palpatineson Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2001
    O.K., we have about nine almost identicle answers up above, but no one has explained to the poor boy what the Yuuzhan Vong are.

I don't really have the time, so would someone else care to do the honors.

Also, before you post your responce, please check to make sure that your answer has yet to be posted. Thank You

13. Edhel

Feb 2, 2002
    chissdude10: Am I a movie purist?

Short answer: yes. I haven't come here to start a fight, I respect you EUers' views, but (seeing as you asked) the movies are the only thing I "believe". I read the Timothy Zahn trilogy a few years ago (I don't remember it very well), I enjoyed it and I will read it again some time.

But I don't believe most EU, partly because I don't like the sound of some of the storylines (Luke going to the Dark Side for example).

I like to look at it this way: the movies "did" happen, the books "could have" happened. :)

14. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Dont worry, we wont hurt you for views like that :)

15. palpatineson

palpatineson Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2001
    Interesting point of view. Mine is that neither "happend" and that the GFFA is a fictitious galaxy that we as fans enjoy and discuss here in these forums as well as on the street.

Now, if you mean Star Wars fact and Star Wars could-be fact, then that's another story that will probably get a big argument in the lit forum if ever posted again.

16. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    it's nice to have a nice, polite, well-spoken movie purist for once, some of the others are so touchy.

17. Edhel

Feb 2, 2002
    ReaperFett and _Tenel_Ka_, thankyou.

palpatineson: of course I don't believe it's real, that's why I used inverted commas! I believe the movies are "SW fact" and the EU is "could-be fact", as you put it. I don't see why you should have a problem with me thinking that. Someone asked me if I am a movie purist and I told them my views (I am not trying to tell anyone else what they should believe). :)

18. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Yes, a nice purist. :D So rare... :)

19. Edhel

Feb 2, 2002
    You lot seem a friendly bunch, I was half expecting a flaming for not taking the EU as gospel! I've not been here very long but I've got caught up in a few of the dreaded canon fights over in the movies boards already! Thanks again for your answers everybody.

20. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Don't worry, as I said in another thread :

""The EU vs. the Films" - There's no such thing here in lit, they're as much as any part of the big story of the GFFA.

In the movie boards, the movies are everything and all that matters, the rest is just virtually non-existent.

When one tries to force his views on another, the flame war begins..."

And since we do accept and enjoy the movies and the rest here, there's no reason to flame someone who loves the films... Even if it's only the films. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.