main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A few questions...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by janiasolo, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janiasolo

janiasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    So, I'm rewriting a fic that I wrote a few years ago, when my knowledge of the Star Wars universe was limited. Now I want to add more to it, and I'm trying to get a few details straight and I was hoping y'all could help me. I've been searching Wookipedia and Wikipedia for days, but I still have a few questions.

1. Does the drink Obi-Wan has in the sports bar in Ep II has a name? I check the novelization and it just says 'an amber liquid' but I thought it was blue/green in the movie. I even looked to see if there was a list of drinks on Wookiepedia, and there is but I'm just too lazy to check (it's a LONG list). But, if no one knows I'll go back and look.

2. Has Kid-Aid-Muni had any padawans? Wikpedia mentions he was Anakin's mentor for a short time, but I haven't read many of the books that take place between Episodes I and II, so I don't know what that was all about.

3. Is it possible to use a diamond or other jewel to create a lightsaber's color? I've read that pearls could be used, but I didn't see anything about other jewels. Didn't Tenel Ka use something like a pearl from her home planet? Also, is there anywhere I can find a description of a lightsaber building ceremony? I remember reading on some SW site that there was a scene in the Clone Wars cartoons, but I never saw those.

I think that's it, but I'm sure I'll have more later. Thanks in advance!

2. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    diamonds, emeralds and a whole host of other gemstones can be used in the creation of lisghtsaber blades.

Of particular note, diamonds provide a coruscating effect and durindfire creates a silver-colored blade.

In fact, the only gemstone that I have seen explicitly denied as being suitable for a saber was a kubaz zurkonia, whose crystal lattice can't handle the energy of a saber blade...

As for building a saber...

I, Jedi has a scene (probably the best in adult fiction)

One of the JAT books (Gantoris did it) had a scene with a slightly dark tint to it.

the YJK book Lightsabers has a scene

and Jedi Quest (a comic and young reader) has a scene.

can't think of any others off the top of me head...

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    One of Ki's Padawans is A'sharad Hett.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    the drink is blue and in Kotor you can use a Krayt dragon pearl for a lightsaber

5. Ewok-Kenobi

Ewok-Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2006
    if you mean the one in dex's diner, it may be jawa juice. i think it is...
    but dont take my word.

6. janiasolo

janiasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    Oh, I forgot about that one. No, I meant the drink he has in the sports bar-thing. I guess I'd better edit my question to make that clear. Sorry!

7. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Tenel Ka used a Rainbow gem of gallinore; while Jacen has a Corusca Gem in his. I think you can use any crystal as long as it doesn't have any flaws in it. I think A'Sharad was Ki's only padawan, unless he picked up another during the clone wars.

8. JediMasterArmada

JediMasterArmada Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2006
    For lightsabers you can use any crystal as long as it doesn't have any flaws in it. A prime example of what can happen if you use a flawed focusing crystal can be found in the YJK book Lightsabers.

They may mention Ki's padawans on starwars.com but I am not sure, as I generally go to the book store and read their character books due to the fact that starwars.com hasn't updated their character profiles for any post-ROTJ character since the Force Heretic Trilogy.

Anyways, I hoped that I've helped some.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.