main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A few Star Wars questions

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Eiolon, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eiolon

Eiolon Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2005
    I just watched all 3 original Star Wars movies again for the first time in 10 or so years. I am not a fanatic but I do enjoy the series. After watching them, there are a few questions I thought I'd ask the more hardcore fans.

1. In ESB, Vader automatically knows that the Rebel who did the final shot on the Death Star was Skywalker - yet we see no scenes with someone telling him that it is Luke. When does he learn it was Luke and who told him?

2. Obi-wan states that Yoda was his Master though in the prequel trilogy, I could have swore it was Qui-gon? Haven't watched those since theatrical release so I may be wrong.

3. How much time takes place between ESB and ROTJ? I only ask this because Luke is returning to finish his training (seems like he just left) and there is already a Death Star 3/4 of the way constructed and operational.

Thanks for your time :)

2. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    1. In ESB, Vader automatically knows that the Rebel who did the final shot on the Death Star was Skywalker - yet we see no scenes with someone telling him that it is Luke. When does he learn it was Luke and who told him?

In the eu(expanded universe) it is explained that an Imperial Spy infiltrates the ranks of the rebels, and the spy tells Lord Vader that it was a farmboy from Tatooine by the name of Luke Skywalker.

[i]2. Obi-wan states that Yoda was his Master though in the prequel trilogy, I could have swore it was Qui-gon? Haven't watched those since theatrical release so I may be wrong. [/i]

When Obi-Wan was in the bear clan, he was instructed by Yoda. The bearclan are the young children we see Yoda instructing during aotc after Obi-Wan loses a planet.

[hr]

[i]3. How much time takes place between ESB and ROTJ? I only ask this because Luke is returning to finish his training (seems like he just left) and there is already a Death Star 3/4 of the way constructed and operational. [/i]

It is about 3 months. The second death star was probally started before the first one went ka-blewey. After his battle, Luke reflects and begins to understand the teachings of Yoda. Plus as they were completing their recon on Jabba's palace, Luke went back to Ben's hut, and went through Ben's manuscripts on Jedi knowledge and training.

3. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    It is about 3 months.

If you check the official timelines, you will see that it is actually six months between The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

4. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    The above is kinda right, and kinda wrong in places.

In the EU, in the original Star Wars comics- one of Vaders first tasks after the Death Star blew up was to find out who did it. He eventually found out the last name of the one who did it--- Skywalker.

He then became obsessed with finding young Skywalker (as heard in EP IV Crawl).

2. Obi-wan states that Yoda was his Master though in the prequel trilogy, I could have swore it was Qui-gon? Haven't watched those since theatrical release so I may be wrong.

Correct above. Yoda was the younglings master. But also think of it this way. You work for a company- even though your direct report might not be the CEO-he's still your boss.

3. How much time takes place between ESB and ROTJ? I only ask this because Luke is returning to finish his training (seems like he just left) and there is already a Death Star 3/4 of the way constructed and operational.

Its actually about a year between ESB and ROTJ. And no one said the Death Star started construction after ESB ;)

Heres a link for timelines: Link
    CLone

5. Genrader

Genrader Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2003
    The time between ROTJ and ESB is really a year, read the Shadows of the Empire novel to learn some of the things that take place during this time.

6. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Shadow's of the Empire is EU. I don't like the stuff that happens in that book. I mean, the book is okay but it is only okay as EU. I will never accept it as Official Star Wars History. The only things I accept are the Thrawn Trilogy (technically, anything written by Zahn), the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series and Knights of the Old Republic.

7. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I vote for a year, too

and technically the timeline is EU :p
    but please let's not go there.

oh and one thing I always like to clarify:
    Obi-Wan never said Yoda was his master - he merely says Yoda instructed him. Which is true. "Master Yoda said I should be mindful of the future", plus the lost-planet-lesson. Yoda instructed him. Yoda probably instructed most Jedi at one point or another, not only as children. Just not full-time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.