main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"A Figment of the Imagination" - JA fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jedi_master_gimpy, Apr 15, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    High noon, huh? Qui-Gon better think of something fast.

As for posting so often, oh yes please add to the strain on our already stressful lives by holding out on us. Not!

2. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    you can never post to often, esp where Obi torture is concerned...pooooossssssttt!!

3. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Wow, thanks peeps!! I guess I'll be posting as quick as possible, then! JKOW, I have read some of your fanfics and was impressed. LOL, Jane Jinn!! I may not be Lwyn'nya, but you might want to start worrying about whether or not Obi-Wan lives through his little adventures with me! *laughs evilly* Mwuhahahaha!! Light_sabe_r...but that would take away all the fun of torturing them!! Here's some more!!

4. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Obi-Wan lay in the darkness thinking about the past and future, what had been and what could have been. He remembered being accepted as Qui-Gon?s Padawan Apprentice, and Qui-Gon giving him the heart-shaped rock for his thirteenth birthday. He remembered him and Qui-Gon laughing together, Qui-Gon holding him while he cried, Qui-Gon sitting with him until he fell asleep.

Qui-Gon, the closest thing he had to a father. They would have gotten even closer, Obi-Wan thought. He imagined Qui-Gon cutting off his padawan braid, his face glowing with pride as Obi-Wan became a Knight. It should have happened, but never would now.

Obi-Wan felt icy tears gently wind their way down his face and quickly went back to the good memories, not the bitter-sweet song of those that should have been able to happen. He remembered long into the wee hours of the morning. Cut off as he was from the Force, Obi-Wan wondered if Qui-Gon would even feel his death. He was afraid. He would die alone among enemies. He desperately wanted, needed Qui-Gon.

The door to his cell slowly creaked open. Obi-Wan turned his head slightly in the dark ? even that hurt ? trying to see who it was. Why weren?t they turning the light on?

Obi-Wan gasped when he saw the face, a small sigh escaping his parched lips. ?M- Master?? He asked unbelievingly, unsure if Qui-Gon was really there or if he had just invented him in his loneliness.

?I came to get you out of here, Obi-Wan.? Qui-Gon knelt by his cot, reaching out with the Force to assess his Padawan?s energies, even though his connection to the boy remained blocked. The older Jedi felt tears well up in his eyes at the condition of his beloved Padawan, his son.

?M-Master, you came,? Obi-Wan whispered. ?I didn?t t-think y-you were going to get h-here in t-time. Morc was going t-to kill m-me.?

Qui-Gon felt anger rise up at the thought of Morc laying a hand on Obi-Wan again. ?It?s okay now, Obi-Wan. I?m not going to let anything happen to you.? He gathered up Obi-Wan?s limp, bruised body and stood up. ?Let?s get you out of here.?

Obi-Wan didn?t hear him, though. He clung to Qui-Gon, burying his face in the familiar smell and feel of his Master?s tunic and letting sobs of relief and pain rack his body and run down his face. His Master was here. He wasn?t going to die.

Qui-Gon carried Obi-Wan out of the cell, stepping over the two guards that were sleeping on the floor thanks to a little help from a certain Jedi Master. He glided down the silent hallway, alert for any danger. Qui-Gon stopped at the turbolift and after using the Force to assure himself there was no one inside, stepped in.

On the bottom floor he headed for his own personal exit: the hole he?d cut in the outside wall with his lightsaber. Qui-Gon turned the corner and cursed as he saw the two soldiers examining the hole he?d made. One of the guards turned and noticed him, letting out a shout.

Qui-Gon ducked back around the corner as a few ruby-red blaster bolts shot past. He knelt down and gently propped Obi-Wan against the wall before unclipping his lightsaber from his belt. ?I?ll be right back, Padawan. Stay here.? Obi-Wan rolled his eyes. Like he could actually get up and walk somewhere else.

Qui-Gon stepped out, lightsaber in hand and deflected blaster shot after blaster shot as the two guards yelled into their comlinks for backup. Qui-Gon deflected one laser back to its sender, the soldier falling to the ground. The other one fell a few seconds later.

Qui-Gon hurried back to Obi-Wan and cradled him in his arms as he made his departure. The boy was unconscious, no longer having the strength to keep his ailing body awake. Outside, the Jedi Master placed Obi-Wan in an airspeeder, thanking the Force that one of the soldiers had been too lazy to put it away. Qui-Gon hopped into the driver?s seat and peeled away from the building just as a group of soldiers ? the backup, he presumed ? piled out of his escape hole.

Qui-Gon roared off down the street to King Pankei?s hiding place.
    ==============================

5. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Qui-Gon in a speeder with an unconscious, half-naked Obi-Wan next to him...yes, the possibilities are endless! Keep posting, I want to see which possibility you've decided on for their next adventure!

6. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    All Right, Qui-Gon saved our boy!!!!

Sooooooooo glad to hear this is not the end, and more Class-A Obi-Torture on the way, what better news could one see?!?!?!

7. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Well I suppose the possibilities you listed are ruled out, which is fine, as long as you keep posting more.

How do you like it, how do you like it. More, more, more.

8. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Heheh, glad you guys are still going to stick with it! And yes HealerLeona, that pretty much rules out any of the above mentioned ideas. But that's okay. Why, you ask? Because the one I have in mind is much worse than any of those!!! Stay tuned, like I said there will be a few laid-back, easy posts.
    ========================================

Sapphire eyes blinked open. Obi-Wan stared at the white ceiling above him. This was it. Today he was going to die. Wait a minute. Whatever he was laying on was much more comfortable than the cot in his cell. What??

Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon had saved him. The dim memory of the night before, or rather early that morning, came rushing back. Qui-Gon had come for him. He wasn?t going to die. He was going to get better!

Obi-Wan fractionally turned his head to the side, the pain more subdued than he remembered. His Master was asleep in a chair pulled up beside his bed. Qui-Gon?s face was serene, although tired and drawn as though he hadn?t slept much the last few days. Obi-wan didn?t want to wake him, but needed to reassure himself that it was real and not a dream.

The teenager reached over and slipped his hand inside Qui-Gon?s large, rough one. His Master stirred, awoke. Midnight blue eyes blinked open and immediately looked down at the hand clasped in his. They traced the hand to the arm, the arm to the shoulder, the shoulder to the face.

Qui-Gon quickly sat up. ?Obi-Wan! You?re awake!?

Obi-Wan smiled wanly at him. ?Where am I??

?At King Pankei?s safe house. We?re leaving for Coruscant as soon as you feel up to it.?

Obi-Wan tried to sit up, but fell back onto the pillows. ?I?m ready,? he said adamantly. ?Please, let?s go. Just get me away from this planet!?

Qui-Gon chuckled. ?I don?t blame you.? He surveyed Obi-Wan?s pale face and lean figure. ?Well, I suppose as long as I carry you-? he was interrupted by Obi-Wan?s groan ? ?and only if I carry you, then we can head for the ship in an hour or so.? Qui-Gon frowned at the face Obi-Wan made. ?You are much too weak to try to walk around, Padawan. You must rest.? His voice softened, a suspicious glimmer in his eyes. ?You worried me.?

Obi-Wan drew in a breath. He awkwardly patted Qui-Gon?s hand. ?I?ll be okay. I feel better now.? The teenager reached out with his mind, sensing the Force now although he couldn?t quite draw on it yet. He could feel his Master?s lingering trace from where he had been using the Force to repair the injuries in Obi-Wan?s young body.

Qui-Gon nodded. ?That shot they gave you should be wearing off now. Pretty soon you?ll be able to draw on the Force to keep your strength up.?

Obi-Wan glanced up at his Master, confusion in his eyes. ?How did you find me??

Qui-Gon looked down at their clasped hands. ?I heard about you being tortured in Turnem Square. I-I?m sorry I couldn?t do anything then, Padawan. It was too far, there was fighting in between us?? His voice trailed off painfully.

Obi-Wan squeezed his hand weakly. ?It?s okay, Master. I know you would have if you could.?

Qui-Gon looked up, and this time Obi-Wan was sure it was more than just the lights reflecting off his eyes that made them seem watery. Qui-Gon cleared his throat. ?King Pankei had heard rumors of where Trin Morc?s base was. Some of his loyalists followed him when they took you back after the ?a-after, and confirmed it. I came as soon as I could.?

Obi-Wan nodded drowsily. ?I?m glad you found me, Master.? He covered a yawn.

Qui-Gon laughed gently. ?Why don?t you sleep, Obi-Wan? I?ll wake you when it?s time to leave.?
    ======================================
    any comments?

9. Kid Jedi

Kid Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2000

I love theses frequent posts....a bit of lull in the Obi torture and then the poor thing will get it again huh? It's a wonder he lived to as old as he did.

10. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Heheh, yep Kid Jedi it's pretty amazing. Just posting to let you all know I've started writing another JA fanfic called "To Live Life as a Stranger". I won't be posting as frequently on that one because I'm just starting it (I finished writing Figments today!). But here's the link if you want to check it out:
    Forum16/HTML/000567.html Forum16/HTML/000567.html

11. Katri Tai

Katri Tai Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2000
    Awww poor Obi-Wan..

12. TheLastApocalypse

TheLastApocalypse Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 1999
    I suppose now the Obi-Torture (Geez, Obi-Torture has almost become an ART for heaven sakes!), now that the Obi-Torture is done, yoi figure the interest in this thread will lull?

Fat chance!

Post. Now.

13. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Thanks for the encouragement Apoc, I really appreciate it!! But remember , the Obi-Torture is far from done. I'm just giving the poor kid a small break!

Obi-Wan settled back into the soft seat of the covered airspeeder. ?Ahh,? he sighed. They were heading home at last. He turned as King Pankei regally climbed in.

?Is everyone ready to go?? the king asked, gazing coolly at Qui-Gon.
    Obi-Wan turned to King Pankei. ?You Excellence, are you coming with us??

King Pankei looked down his nose at Obi-Wan. ?Of course,? he said rudely. ?Why wouldn?t I??

Somebody got up on the wrong side of the Force today, Obi-wan thought. He brushed aside the man?s rudeness, aware that his own patience was running thin. ?Hadn?t you decided to send Ambassador Rambon instead??

The king looked at him blankly, and then blinked. ?Oh, yes?of course.? He stuttered before rushing on. ?Well I decided it would be better for me to come myself.?

Obi-Wan had nothing to say to that, so leaned wearily back in the seat instead. Qui-Gon turned to the King. ?So I assume that the Trin Morc has opened up the spaceport again??

King Pankei nodded. ?The fighting has moved elsewhere for the time being. Morc?s major advertising has been the Rindan?s artwork, if you recall,? he added snidely. ?He needs the spaceports open to promote trade as much as possible and earn the people?s support.?

Qui-Gon nodded thoughtfully. ?That makes sense.?

The ride to the ship was a strained one, King Pankei sitting in hostile silence, Qui-Gon thinking in quiet contemplation, and Obi-Wan just trying to think without having his head explode with multiple fireworks. He must have drifted off, because the next thing Obi-Wan knew Qui-Gon was gently securing him on a ship?s bunk.

Obi-Wan glanced around the strange room with confusion. ?Master, where are we?? he asked.

Qui-Gon looked at him with surprise. ?We?re on a transport for Coruscant, Obi-Wan. Why do you ask??

Obi-Wan scrunched up his brow. ?Why aren?t we taking the same ship we used to get here??

Qui-Gon stared at him strangely. ?The?ship?? Then his face cleared and a look of understanding crossed his serene features. ?The Freedons found it. I?m afraid it?s not much of a ship anymore.?

Obi-Wan nodded silently, taking it in. Something wasn?t right though, Qui-Gon wasn?t telling him something. Come to think of it, everyone was acting a little different. Obi-Wan pushed it out of his mind. Like he was one to judge! He wasn?t exactly at his best at the moment, either.

Qui-Gon leaned over him and pulled a blanket up to Obi-Wan?s chin. ?If you don?t mind, I?d prefer to put you in a healing trance for the hyperspace journey. It will pass much quicker for you and will make me feel better knowing you?re healing.?

Obi-Wan nodded his acceptance and Qui-Gon placed a cool hand on his forehead. Obi-Wan felt his eyelids begin to droop and yawned. ?Good night, Master.?

Qui-Gon smiled. ?Good night, Obi-Wan.?

14. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    This is sounding very suspicious! Keep posting!

15. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Hmmmm, there is more here than meets the eye!! Great story, hope we get more soon

16. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Hm...let's see if I can get a few more replies before I post the next part.

17. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    You insist on torturing us don't you. It's no enough to torture poor Obi, now it's us.....please pppoooosssstttt...

18. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Okay, okay, okay...here's a post for ya!
    =======================================
    =======================================

Obi-Wan woke up suddenly and sat up in bed. He smiled in relief at the familiar room around him. He was home! He grinned at the tall, fatherly figure that walked in. ?It?s great to be back at the Temple!?

?There?s nothing like home. How are you feeling??

Obi-Wan stretched. ?Much better.? He jumped out of bed?and almost collapsed as the trembling muscles in his legs gave out.

Master An-Paj was immediately there to support him. ?Careful Obi-Wan, you are still very weak.? Obi-Wan sighed. The medical ward wasn?t quite as good as if he had been in his and Qui-Gon?s quarters, although he had been in the infirmary almost as much. ?Back on the bed,? An-Paj ordered.

Obi-Wan sighed again, but allowed the healer to help him clamber back up onto the medical bed. He eyed the cheerful figurine on the small bedside table. ?Is that new?? he said conversationally. Maybe he could sweet-talk An-Paj into letting him out?

?Yes,? An-Paj beamed. ?You?re the first patient to notice.? Obi-Wan wasn?t surprised. They might as well make it his second room, he was in here enough.

//No kissing up to the healers, Padawan. They know what?s best for you.// Obi-Wan made a face when An-Paj wasn?t looking. Then he brightened. Qui-Gon had sent him a message through their Force bond, which meant that Obi-Wan was once again able to connect to the Force!! Obi-Wan grinned, and reached back to send a ?hello? and ?good morning? across the bond to his Master just as the tall Jedi stepped into the room.

?Good morning, Qui-Gon,? An-Paj greeted him.

Qui-Gon bowed. ?Good morning, An-Paj, Obi-Wan.? He glanced at the healer. ?I hope he didn?t give you any trouble.?

?Less than usual,? An-Paj responded. ?You must have really tired him out on this mission.?

Qui-Gon smiled at that, but Obi-Wan caught a flicker of something behind the Jedi?s calm demeanor. Was that?guiltiness? Did Qui-Gon blame himself for what had happened? Obi-Wan frowned. It hadn?t been his Master?s fault. Why should he be worried? Qui-Gon sat down on the edge of the bed. ?How are you feeling, Obi-wan?? he asked gently.

?A lot better, Master,? Obi-Wan said, trying to sound as perky as possible. ?Can?t I go back to our quarters? Pleeeeaaaase?? Obi-Wan gave him his best lost-puppy face. Qui-Gon?s heart melted. He turned a questioning gaze to the healer.

?I suppose,? An-Paj said with a small smile. Obi-Wan gave a small whoop ? quickly covering the small throbbing pain the loud noise enticed in his head ? that drew a stern look from the healer. ?But only if you rest in bed for a few days. No activities. And I want Qui-Gon to carry you to your rooms, you are much too weak to walk.?

Obi-Wan wasn?t going to push his luck. ?Okay!? Qui-Gon gathered up his belongings and picked up Obi-Wan like a small child, carrying him out the door. Once they were safely in the corridor and out of the watchful healer?s eyes the teenager began to squirm. ?Master, you can put me down now. I can walk.?

Qui-Gon looked down at him with amusement. ?Maybe. But you won?t. We are going to follow An-Paj?s instructions to the midichlorian.? Obi-Wan frowned but didn?t protest, knowing his Master was serious. He leaned his head against Qui-Gon?s chest, soaking in the familiar atmosphere of the Jedi Temple. He was so tired?

Qui-Gon looked down fondly at his sleeping Padawan. Obi-Wan?s small adrenaline rush ? as well as some of the painkillers - had run out, leaving the young Jedi exhausted. The Jedi Master entered their quarters and used the Force to pull back the covers on Obi-Wan?s bed before gently laying the recovering boy on it. He tucked him in and then stood there taking in the peaceful, relaxed, boyish features.

Qui-Gon finally allowed himself to completely relax. Obi-Wan was safe. He was really safe.

[This message has been edited by jedi_master_gimpy (edited 04-21-2000).]

19. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Blast it, I was wrong! With your hints in the last post about everyone acting just a little bit different, I thought for certain that Obi-Wan was going to wake up and discovered he'd been kidnapped by a Qui-Gon clone, or that he'd been hallucinating, or something like that, but here he is, safe in the Temple again. Hmmm. Now I really can't imagine what's going to happen next. You'll just have to post soon and tell us!

20. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Some of your guesses are rather close, Jane Jinn!! So..shhhhh!! Quiet!! We can't be giving away the story now!! Don't worry everybody, after the next two posts we'll be getting back to the Obi-Torture!

21. Captain Proton

Captain Proton Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2000
    Ahhhh!!! You're so mean to Obi-Wan! I love it. Give us more...!

22. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    So is this the calm before the Obi toture storm? I like it, I like it!!! Jane Jinn has some interesting ideas!

23. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    LOL Captain Proton!! I think we all love a little Obi-Torture!!

Obi-Wan looked at Qui-Gon hopefully. ?I can?t believe I?m saying this, but you have been good and rested the last few days, so I guess you may leave our quarters for part of the day.?

?Thanks!? Obi-Wan yelped as he ran out of the door.

?BUT-? Qui-Gon waited until Obi-Wan?s face poked back around the corner embarrassedly. ?I want you home by lunch. No going off the temple grounds, running, or any other strenuous exercise.?

?Okay!? Obi-Wan was out the door in a flash, leaving Qui-Gon chuckling to himself as he cleared the breakfast dishes. Obi-Wan practically skipped down the Temple?s halls. He was so glad not to be cooped up. He knew he needed to rest his body, but he had been resting for a long time. Jedi made rather fast recoveries. Obi-Wan figured now that his body had rested, he should stretch it a little bit. Nothing strenuous, just walking around should do it. Anything as long as he wasn?t stuck in their quarters for another day.

Obi-Wan knew that everyone was worried about him, not only physically but mentally as well. The torture he had gone through could leave mental scarring. Obi-Wan just wanted them to leave him alone. He didn?t want to think about it anymore. No one else would understand what it was like. The healers would sit there analyzing it but never understand what he had actually gone through.

Obi-Wan tried not to think about it himself. He kept the memories bottled up deep inside himself where he didn?t have to think about them. He wouldn?t think about them ever again if he didn?t have to.

Obi-Wan turned the corner and almost collided with another Padawan. ?Garen!?

The boy?s face split into a wide smile. ?Obi-Wan, it?s great to see you again!?

Obi-Wan grinned widely. ?How are you, Garen? Say?? he paused. ?What are you doing here? Aren?t you supposed to be out on a mission??

Garen stared at him for a few long seconds, his expression blank. Suddenly he started speaking rapidly as if to make up for his silence. ?Oh, the-the mission! Um, well my Master and I were called back a few days ago. The problem was resolved.?

Obi-Wan frowned. ?So quickly? I thought it was supposed to take weeks! I mean, the last I heard the Carrons and the Wrines wouldn?t even be in the same room, much less talk to each other.?

Garen shrugged. ?They changed their mind.? He quickly changed the subject. ?I heard about what happened on Titus III. Are you okay??

Obi-Wan brushed the question aside. ?I?m alright.?

?So what exactly happened?? Garen asked as the two teenagers started walking towards the indoor gardens.

?Well?when we got there King Pankei was in hiding. Some soldiers recognized me out in the street and?? Obi-Wan proceeded to tell the whole story. ?I heard that King Pankei was supposed to present his case to the Senate yesterday,? he concluded.

?Wow! That must have been really terrible,? Garen shivered. ?So where exactly was the King hiding?? he asked casually.

Obi-Wan frowned at him. ?What do you mean??

?Well, you said that the soldiers never found where he was staying?so, where was it?? Garen pressed.

Obi-Wan looked at him strangely. ?In some small hotel. Why??

Garen waved the question away. ?Nothing really. I was just curious. Look, I have to go. I?m supposed to meet my Master in the training room. Bye!?

Obi-Wan waved at him, and began to walked through the empty halls alone again. Hm?maybe he would look for Bant, Obi-wan decided. She hadn?t had time to visit him over the last few days and he was wondering how she was doing?
    =====================================
    I'm planning on getting a LOT of comments after the next post, because it will be once again entering into the dreaded...[enter Imperial Death March] Obi-Torture!! [/fade out Imperial Death March]

24. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Master gimpy. I AM impressed that you are impressed with my insignificant storys.
    OH and here is my guess.
    That Mork dude gave Obi-Wan some hallucination drug and he is actually dreaming all this, that way he will tell them were the King is. LOL
    Or SOmething like that anyway.

Okay nevermind. Bad guess I know.

25. The Jedi Princess

The Jedi Princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 1999
    I am really liking this story. I wonder what is going to happen and why Garen is so interested on where the king was hiding.
    Post more soon. PLEASE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.