main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"A Figment of the Imagination" - JA fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jedi_master_gimpy, Apr 15, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    OK so I am a little slow on the up take...
    I think I finally figured out where you are going with this and all because I really read the title redface.gif redface.gif redface.gif

I look forward to the next post, your tease is enough to make me stay logged on all night!!! POST SOOOOOOON!!!!!

2. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    This is getting exciting! But what on earth is going on?

Waiting for more....

3. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Very cool. I just spent almost an hour reading all the posts I had missed this week. Obi-torture is always well worth my time. And I just have to say that I love this story!!

4. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I hope Obi-Wan hallucinates about Qui-Gon asking him where the king is hiding! And not just asking, either. That would really be Obi-Torture! Or else Qui-Gon sends him back down to the Healers and they start asking him, with all their medical equipment and restraints and everything. Oooh, the possibilities are endlessly chilling!

5. OldSkippy

OldSkippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2000
    It's lovely not to discover a great new story until it's really established! Especially one that you know is finished. This threat of slowing the posts is pure reader-torture, something you BB writers are really making into an artform!
    And, keeping the title in mind, I hate to think where you're going...Getting very Trekkish
    This is GREAT.

6. Captain Proton

Captain Proton Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2000

Obi's crusin' for a bruisin'.

7. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Eeeek! I'm not seeing half of the thread!! Hopefully this will flush out those posts!

8. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Yay! that worked!

Hm...methinks some of you hath guessed what's going to happen. Oh, well. You were right Kelly Kenobi, the title kinda gives it away. Let's give a hand to Jane Jinn and JKOW for figuring it out first! It's wonderful to have ya with us Bastet. And Jane Jinn, those ideas are too hilarious!! You crack me up everytime! LOL, I can just see that! "Nurse, hand me the chainsaw..." And it appears that OldSkippy recognizes the inspiration for this little story... And Captain Proton...oh, what a bruisin' he's gonna get later on...

9. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Here ya go!
    ============================
    ============================

?Obi-Wan, the Council wishes to talk to us about our mission this afternoon,? Qui-Gon told him the next day at lunch.

Obi-Wan?s spoon stopped halfway between the plate and his mouth. The Council made him uncomfortable. It was as though they could see right through you. Unnerving, to say the least. Continuing his spoon?s journey to his mouth, Obi-Wan decided it wouldn?t be too bad. It wasn?t very interesting spending time with his friends, anyway. All they did was ask about the mission and King Pankei. ?Yes, Master.?

Qui-Gon looked at him suspiciously. ?No moans, groans, whining or excuses? Who are you and what have you done with my Padawan??

Obi-Wan smiled. ?I?m not actually that bad about meeting the Council, am I Master?? he asked anxiously.

Qui-Gon smiled. ?No, Padawan.? Obi-Wan sighed with relief. How bad could the Council be, after all?

Very bad, Obi-Wan thought a couple hours later as he and Qui-Gon waited outside the massive double doors. Obi-Wan?s confidence had faded and he had to force himself not to pace. What if they made him remember Trin Morc? What if they made him remember the pain and the dark and the loneliness? The Council could be very bad, indeed.

Obi-Wan almost jumped a foot in the air when a small voice behind him announced, ?The Council will see you now.?

Qui-Gon shot him a meaningful glance. //Obi-Wan, are you all right? You?re even more nervous than usual.//

Obi-Wan blinked at him. ?What? Oh-oh yes, Mater, I?m fine.? The tension that had been building up the last few days seemed to scream at him. Qui-Gon looked at him with concern but said nothing as they were admitted into the Council Chambers.

?Very strange you mission to Titus III was,? Master Yoda stated. Obi-Wan kept his gaze on his boots, uncomfortably aware that most of the Council members were watching him.

?Yes, Master Yoda.? Qui-Gon acknowledged. ?What happened was very unfortunate indeed.?

?Hm?unfortunate, yes.? The wise Jedi?s large eyes seemed to gaze into Obi-Wan?s soul. ?What thinks your Padawan of the mission??

Obi-Wan?s head snapped up. ?Master Yoda?? The Council had never asked what he thought about a mission before.

Mace Windu leaned back and exchanged a look with the rest of the Council. ?How did the mission affect you, Obi-Wan??

Obi-Wan paused, his mind stumbling over what to say to answer the Council?s question without opening those tightly locked memories. ?I-I guess it turned out fine in the end. I?ll be okay, and King Pankei is talking with the Senate??

?Tell us about where the King was hiding,? Master Ki-Adi Mundi suggested quietly.

Obi-Wan looked at him with surprise. ?The Council doesn?t know??

Mace Windu slowly clasped his hands in front of him. ?That particular information wasn?t included in the report.?

Obi-Wan was shocked. What should he do? The Council had asked him a specific question, but the Force was screaming at him not to answer them. ?I-I don?t remember.? He finally stuttered. Force, what are you doing, Obi-Wan? Obi-Wan wanted to hit himself over the head. Why had he said that? Yet something was yelling at him not to tell the Council where they had hidden the King.

Qui-Gon looked at him with surprise, as did the rest of the Council. //Padawan, answer their question.//

Obi-Wan glanced at him in surprise. Why didn?t Qui-Gon just tell the Council? Something wasn?t right. Obi-Wan built up his mental shields so that not even Qui-Gon could sense his deception. //I don?t remember.//

Obi-Wan wanted to melt into the floor as he felt the whole Jedi Council scrutinize him. Finally Yoda blinked his large eyes and nodded his head. ?Very well. Excused you are.?

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan bowed. ?May the Force be with you Masters.?

?And with you, Qui-Gon Jinn,? Mace Windu replied.

10. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    And another one!! Gee, I'm in a generous mood today! The Obi-Relief has come to an end....
    =====================================
    =====================================

Qui-Gon walked down the corridor ahead of Obi-Wan and the young Padawan could almost see the disappointment radiating off his Master. Obi-Wan cringed. He had done it again. He had let Qui-Gon down. He had failed to live up to his Master?s expectations. He had betrayed him to the Council, just as he had betrayed him on Melida/Daan. Yet another part of him protested that something in the exchange with the Council was not right.

Obi-Wan felt Qui-Gon reign in his emotions, and when he slowed to walk beside the teenager a few moments later his face was once again a serene mask. ?Obi-Wan,? he said carefully. ?You have not been yourself since we returned from Titus III.?

Obi-Wan thought of how strange everyone at the Temple had been acting since he had returned. Or was it he that had been acting strange? Obi-Wan had to admit to himself that he had been badly hurt on Titus III. Was it possible he was imagining it all? Was he hallucinating Yoda and the Council?s cool attitudes? ?Yes, Master. I?ve been tired,? he tried to make an excuse.

Qui-Gon frowned. ?I?m very worried about you. I would like for you to talk to Master Nak-Ki tomorrow.?

Obi-Wan jerked his head up. ?The mind healer? What, to talk about where we hid the King?? he said bitterly. ?I assure you, I?m fine Master.?

Qui-Gon tried to cover some of the hurt in his eyes. ?Obi-Wan, I am talking about you seeing Master Nak-Ki for yourself. You went through a lot on Titus III, and you should not keep it bottled up inside.?

Obi-Wan rubbed his eyes. ?I?m sorry Master,? he muttered. ?I shouldn?t have snapped at you like that.?

They walked the rest of the way to their quarters in silence. Obi-Wan changed into his pajamas and crawled into bed, the darkness seeming to press in around him. He had disappointed his Master and the Council. Nothing had gone right since he had gotten back from that mission, and it seemed like nothing would again.

When would he stop breaking the bonds of trust and understanding between him and Qui-Gon? When would he stop making countless mistakes? And now Obi-Wan was imagining things. Turning friends into enemies, spotting conspiracies everywhere. What was wrong with him? Was Qui-Gon right? Was he permanently damaged from the torture he had withstood? Was he going crazy?

The thoughts whirled around Obi-Wan?s head until he thought he would go crazy. He slipped out of bed and sat on the comfortable couch across from his bed. An idea formed in his mind ? a possibility. Could it be true? Could it work? It would end all the problems, if it worked. He wouldn?t have to worry about it anymore. He wouldn?t have to worry about anything anymore.

Obi-Wan looked across the room, his gaze drawn to the small object on his desk. As if hypnotized, he crossed the room to turn the metal cylinder over in his hands. It would end it. One way or another, Obi-Wan would be out of the nightmare and endless confusion. He wouldn?t fail his Master again. Not in this, not ever.

Obi-Wan pressed his thumb down and a bright blue blade jumped into existence, it?s silvery glue casting eerie shadow along the walls of his room. Obi-Wan swung the blade through the air a few times, mesmerized by the clean efficiency of the weapon, the soft hum of it cutting through the air. It would end everything. One way or another.

Obi-Wan raised the lightsaber. He swung down, the sky-blue blade rushing toward his chest until it found its target. Pain. Pain, fading from his body even as the light faded from his eyes, even as the life ebbed from his body.

?Obi-Wan!? Qui-Gon rushed into the room. ?No! Obi-Wan ? why? Why?? The Jedi Master gathered the dying boy in his arms, tears coursing down his cheeks and dropping onto Obi-Wan?s.

Obi-Wan looked at him, unable to force his mouth to say anything. And then everything turned black, and Obi-Wan no longer h

11. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    You are beyond evil, you make Darth Maul seem like my kindly Grandmother mad.gif mad.gif

But even you can't be so evil as to leave us hanging here to long !!!!!!!

12. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    And he'll wake up back in his cell and realize he was imagining it ALL.

He really thinks he killed himself but he didn't because it was all just in his head.

Okay thats my guess.
    Great story Master Gimpy.

13. Kid Jedi

Kid Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2000
    first Obi torture, then Obi death, maybe now Obi hallucinations? Or is it really Obi death...things that make you go hummm...

14. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Oh man...

Obi-Wan can't die! He is the spirit of the whole Star wars Universe!

Aw what the heck, TORTURE! TORTURE! TORTURE!

15. Captain Proton

Captain Proton Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2000
    Sheesh. Obi's in a self-destructive mood today. That boy's got to get some help.

16. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif
    This is so cool. I hadn't been here for two days and look at all what's happened. Awesome story jedi_master_Gimpy.

17. The Jedi Princess

The Jedi Princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 1999
    I love this story, and I am honored that Master Nik-Ka is being used.
    Keep up the great work!

18. OldSkippy

OldSkippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by light_sabe_r:

Obi-Wan can't die! He is the spirit of the whole Star wars Universe!

He's not you know, the whole StarWars saga is actually the tale of the adventures of feisty little R2D2 and sidekick - young C3PO. All the other people are really irrelevant

Glad Obi's not daft enough to reveal the Kings whereabouts, even though the poor boy had to face the dreaded Council. This so good!

19. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Uh huh, I know you didn't just do that! Aaaahhhhhh! Please say it ain't so! I really like this story, BTW.
    Now post more right now! Obi's gotta really be okay, right? Right?

20. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, Jedi Master Gimpy, I don't know what to say! Two things keep running through my head:

So long
    farewell
    Auf Wiedersehen
    Adieu!

and

Merrily, merrily, merrily
    Life is but a dream

Obi's life must have been a figment of our imagination.

Good-bye, Padawan! I'm going to miss you!

21. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    That's right peoples, I'm truly evil!! *gives a Sithly laugh* Hm...maybe I'll post the next part when I get home from church this afternoon...we'll see. *winks* I've gotta get some good begging in! *LOL* Jane Jinn! *waves* bye-bye Obi-Wan!!

Happy Easter everyone!!

[This message has been edited by jedi_master_gimpy (edited 04-23-2000).]

22. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Okay, it looks like I won't have time after church so I won't do a Lwyn'nya on ya and will actually post!! Enjoy...
    =======================================
    =======================================

The soft beeping of machines. The crisp, sterilized air that seemed to scream hospital! Had it worked? Obi-Wan drew in the deep, comforting flow of the Force. They?d needed to leave him access to it in order to complete the feeling of actually being at the Temple. His brain easily deflected the electric impulses that attempted to control his mind now that he had initially broken free of the illusion. Obi-Wan kept his eyes closed so as not to alert them that he was awake until he had gathered some strength.

?He refuses to reveal the information,? came a voice nearby. Obi-Wan strained his ears to hear the reply.

?Have you done everything I?ve instructed?? came the quiet answer, rather distant and far away as if on the other side of a communication display. Obi-Wan thought he recognized the voice as Trin Morc?s.

?Yes, sir. We?ve kept him under the whole time. Just as you suggested, we brought up memories of the Jedi Temple and his friends there and managed to convince him he?d been rescued,? said the voice nearby.

?Yet he hasn?t revealed the location of King Pankei?? Morc asked with frustration.

?No, sir. He says he forgot.?

Morc?s voice lowered, became harder. ?Very well. Keep trying. Next time he starts to come out of it let me know, we won?t put him under again.?

?Yes, sir.? Obi-Wan heard the sound of the comm unit being switched off and realized frantically that the medic would only have to glance at the machines to notice that he wasn?t unconscious anymore. Acting quickly, Obi-Wan opened his sapphire eyes and reached a hand up to rip off the wires connected to his forehead. Immediately the electric pulses stopped trying to break through his mental shields. The fantasy would not be forced on him any longer.

Obi-Wan attempted to sit up and immediately noticed the metal braces that held him onto the medical bed. He called on the Force to release the catches and lift the metal straps away from him. Obi-Wan hopped off the bed and had to steady himself against it as a rush of nausea swept over him. His body was extremely weak from the torture it had withstood.

Just then a man walked in from a side door muttering to himself. ?Hey!? he yelped. ?What are you doing? Guards! Guards! Get in here!?

Obi-Wan staggered towards the door as two beefy soldiers burst in. They spotted him immediately and started jogging towards him. Obi-Wan ducked down and crawled through the legs of the closer one. ?Hey!?

The other guard managed to grab Obi-Wan?s foot as he scrambled by and held on when Obi-Wan squirmed and twisted.

?Catch him!? the medic yelled. ?He can use that Force of his!? He quickly grabbed a needle full of the Force-suppressant and hovered around the edges of the scuffle looking for an opening.

Obi-Wan used the Force to send a large medical machine crashing into the head of the soldier who held his foot. The man yelled and let go. Obi-Wan started to scurry away until the first soldier?s fist came crashing down on his jaw. Stars exploded and his vision swam. The guard reached down and hauled him to his feet, punching the teenager in the stomach with a beefy fist the size of a rancor?s toe just for good measure.

The young Jedi slumped against him, too disoriented to struggle for the moment. The medic darted forward and stabbed him with the needle in the arm, his beady eyes flashing victoriously.

//Qui-Gon!// Obi-Wan mentally cried out right before the Force faded from his senses once again. He made no move of resistance when the soldiers slapped force-cuffs on his wrists and propelled him out the door. They threw Obi-Wan back into his small cell ? his real one, not the one that had existed in the fantasy they had trapped his mind in.

Obi-Wan huddled on the narrow cot, wishing he had his Jedi robe. He glanced around the small room. The stone walls, ceiling and floor seemed to

23. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    I thought so!

So are they going to get to torture him again before Qui-Gon finds him for real? (Before you respond, let me give you a hint as to the answer. Yes!) I'm looking forward to the next post already.

24. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Good Job!!!!! This is a very interesting story. I was relieved when my Obi was not really dead

Now Qui-Gon get you buns out there and find that sweetheart before more damage is done!!!

25. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Ahh I am indeed strong in the force. LOL Just kidding of course. But my guess was pretty good eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.