main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"A Figment of the Imagination" - JA fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jedi_master_gimpy, Apr 15, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith Vegeta

Sith Vegeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 1999
    I just found this and it is sooo good. You are a very good writer jedi_master_gimpy!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!

2. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    *bows* Thank you, thank you, thank you! Heheheh, yep JKOW you were right!! Good job! Did you peeps think I could really kill Obi-Dear off? And Jane Jinn...of course!! Didn't I promise more Obi-Torture? And Sith Vegeta welcome to the story and thanks for the compliment!!

I'm real sorry everyone but I don't have my story with me right now, so I'll have to post more later. It'll give everyone else a chance to catch up!

3. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Just lovin it!

And you should always have your story with you.

4. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    *blushes* Actually HealerLoena, I do it's just that I'm at my G'ma's right now and my disk isn't the right format for her computer and I don't feel like typing the next part up. redface.gif

5. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Ha! I knew he couldn't be really dead. Really, I did!
    Anyway, this story is really cool. cool.gif Was Star Trek really your inspiration? 'Cause this story is definitly reminding of a particular TNG episode I really liked, in which the same sort of thing happened to Cmmdr. Riker.
    Anyhow, please post more soon, I'll be looking forward to it!

6. Jedi Erica Amidala

Jedi Erica Amidala Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 1999
    This is great! Fantastic plot twist!

Please post more!

7. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    GIIIMMMMPPPYY!! POST MORE!!!!! Do I need to threaten you again?!! No more posts in Remanants till you get more up!! Muahahahaha!! (Lunetta IS eviler then even Snarky's replacement! )

8. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Bastet, that is the one that gave me this idea! Erica, thanks!! And lunetta is EVILER? oh, no! *gasp* Whatever am I gonna do? Now she's gonna torture me on TWO websites!! EEek!! You had better post more of Remnants now, young lady!!
    =====================================

//Qui-Gon!// Qui-Gon sat up in bed, sweaty and panting for breath.

//Obi-wan!// he called. //Obi-Wan! OBI-WAN!// There was no answer. The Force-bond between them was once again silent and broken. Qui-Gon got out of bed and walked to the refresher. He splashed cold water on his face and then looked at his reflection in the mirror, noting how pale and drawn his face was, black circles becoming apparent under his grief-stricken eyes. He had not been sleeping or eating very well since Obi-Wan had disappeared.

Qui-Gon abandoned the thought of trying to find the ever-elusive sleep. He pulled out his small duffel bag and rummaged around for his Jed tunic and pants, his hands brushing and lingering on the small blue jumpsuit that Obi-Wan had so detested. He held the stiff material against his cheek, remembering the face Obi-Wan had made when he?d first tried it on.

The stoic Jedi Master blinked back the tears that came to his eyes and carefully placed the jumpsuit back. He dressed, fastening Obi-Wan?s lightsaber next to his on his belt, where he could easily reach down and touch it, to feel some reassurance at something his Padawan had treasured. He was always so cold and aloof to his Padawan. He never really showed Obi-Wan how much he meant to him. Qui-Gon could kick himself now. What if something happened to Obi-Wan, what if he died, never knowing how much Qui-Gon cared for him?

Qui-Gon swiftly rose and gracefully crossed over into the main sitting room where he found King Pankei huddled over the small glow of the computer terminal. The King looked up, his eyes sympathetic in the small light. ?You couldn?t sleep either??

Qui-Gon shook his head and sat down on a nearby chair. ?Obi-Wan was able to send me a short message through our bond before he was blocked again.?

King Pankei turned from the monitor again. ?Can you pinpoint where he was??

Qui-Gon shook his head regretfully. Only that it was on the north side of Murel.?

The king nodded his head sadly. ?Nothing we didn?t already know. But keep up your spirits, Master Jinn.? He motioned to the computer screen. ?I?ve just received a report from the loyalist leader. They are very close to discovering Morc?s headquarters. When they find it, you will find your Padawan.?

9. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    People, I can't post more until I get a few replies!! So don't be shy, now! Post!!

10. Knight Obi Wan

Knight Obi Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 1999
    Man, the boys just can't catch a break. What is Morc going to do to Obi-Wan now that he has foiled what appeared to be a foolproof plan?? Hurry and post!

11. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    GIIIMMMMPPPYYY!!! YOU POSTED MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *bouncing all around* And I did post more in remnants, so you can be happy and content. And I LOVE Gimpy-Torture even more then Obi-Torture!!

12. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, how poignant, the way Qui-Gon looks at the jumpsuit and thinks of Obi-Wan! And clips his Padawan's light saber to his belt as a sort of tangible reminder. Great post! Where's the next one?

13. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    Hmmmm, my brain is working over-time here so please forgive me if this post is WAY out there.

I was thinking, since OW realizes something was amiss, then if QG does come and really rescue him, would OB go thinking it's another figment? Or would he stay figuring it would do him no good to go?

Interesting....Can't wait for more!
    ~Susie

14. Jessica Kenobi

Jessica Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    Wow! I just found this story and it's great! All I've been doing this spring break is overindulging myself with JA fanfick, so I know a good one when I read it! And that is a good point, what if, *when* Qui-Gon recues Obi-Wan for real, Obi-Wan thinks it's fake and he does something to himself to try to *wake* himself from the *dream*? That would be just horrible/wonderful! Love the torture, post lots!
    Jessica Kenobi

15. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Very touching, Qui-Gon mushing over Obi-Wan always gets to me. Good question, how is Obi-Wan going to do deal with not knowing if the situation is real of his imagination??
    Could get interesting.

Keep up the good work

16. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    NEED MORE, PLEASE POST SOON.

Kim B

17. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Do you have enough replies now? Come on, I need more! I love this story!

18. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    In the midnight hour she cried-
    "more, more, more"
    With a rebel yell she cried-
    "more, more, more"
    In the midniight hour babe-
    "more, more, more"
    With a rebel yell she cried
    "more, more, more"
    More, more, more.

Oh yeah little baby
    she want more
    More, more, more, more, more.

Oh yeah little baby
    she want more
    More, more, more, more. --Billy Idol
    "Rebel Yell"

JediCandy

ps. In case this is to subtle, I want More, More, More.....

19. Sith Vegeta

Sith Vegeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 1999
    Hey madter gimpy!!! That was a great post!!! More please. Incase you couldn't tell, you've gotten many people hooked on your story and we can't wait for more!!!

20. Latara

Latara Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2000
    Hmmm...i'm noticing a theme. Jumps on bandwagon.

"We want more! We want more!"

Post please

21. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Okay, okay, okay!! I'm sorry!! I've been really busy the last few days and haven't been able to post as much! (LOL JediCandy )And Sn- er...lunetta, I think you love Gimpy-Torture too much!! So, here ya go. And for those of you that suggested Obi-Wan not thinking it was really Qui-Gon when he saved him, I considered it for a while but I had the idea for "To Live Life as Strangers" whirling through my head at the time so I decided not to do that. Sorry!

Obi-Wan cracked one eye open at the sound of a door opening. He sluggishly rose to his feet right before the two soldiers slapped force-cuffs on him and practically threw the Jedi out the door. They led him directly down to the torture chamber. Obi-Wan walked calmly between them, looking neither to the right nor the left. He would honor his Jedi training and face the pain without fear.

Morc was waiting for him. ?Hook him up to the chains,? he growled. The guards complied, leaving Obi-Wan hanging in the middle of the room. ?Well, Obi-Wan Kenobi. It seems you?re not only stronger than I expected, but smarter as well. That was very resourceful.? He picked up a few of the tools on the table, examining them and then placing them aside for a better one. ?Killing yourself, I mean. I must say I?m rather surprised you discovered my little trick.?

Obi-Wan only looked at him calmly, accepting his fate in regal silence and determinedly pushing down any fear that threatened to rise up his throat and choke him. ?Unfortunately, that means more work for me and more pain for you,? Morc shook his head sadly. ?You Jedi just have to take the hard way out, don?t you? Oh, well.? A feral grin crossed the Freedon leader?s face. ?I?m going to enjoy this.?

Trin Morc selected a broad, short whip from the table and snapped it up in the air a few times. Small, electric sparks glittered near the edges with every twist. Obi-Wan braced himself against the pain, but even then it took all of his control to keep from screaming aloud when the first stinging tendrils arced their way across his tender skin. Morc struck him again and again, leaving long red welts across Obi-Wan?s arms, back, chest and neck.

The Freedon stepped forward and pushed the teenager?s chin up with the whip right above the handle. Obi-Wan couldn?t help himself and let out a small gasp as bright lights exploded before his eyes. ?Where is the king?? Morc asked menacingly.

Obi-Wan remained silent, doubling his efforts to remain quiet in his suffering. He would not betray his Jedi training and become angry or afraid. Morc eventually replaced the whip with a long, metal staff with small, microscopic barbs covering its surface. The staff swung down again and again, the hard metal striking Obi-Wan and bruising and cracking bones. The small barbs ripped at his skin, leaving gashes all over that oozed blood. Sweat stung his injuries and made his short, spiky hair stand on end.

The Force-suppressant slowly began to wear off, but Morc didn?t inject Obi-Wan with more. It did not do the Jedi any good anyway. In his weakened, tortured state, it was impossible to concentrate enough to use it. He doubled over in pain as the torture continued on for hours, Morc switching from weapon to weapon with the endless supply he kept on hand. Where was the king hiding? Who was with him? How many advisors were there? Which ones were planning on fleeing to Coruscant? The questions continued for hours.

Obi-Wan flew away to another place. His mind left his tortured body and went inside itself for those long hours. Even as the stoic Jedi watched his blood gushing down over his body, inside the small child screamed in pain and horror at what was happening. It kept going.
    ==============================
    Is that enough Torture for the poor kid?

22. AstrGO

AstrGO Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 1999
    Poor Obi-Wan...

I love Obi-torture, but can you please let Qui-Gon saves him now?

Keep on the good work, I love your story!!!

[This message has been edited by AstrGO (edited 04-25-2000).]

23. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Gimpy Torture is soooooo fun!!!!! Much funner then Obi-Torture simply because he's so cute awwww and you are well, Gimpy.

24. Jedi Erica Amidala

Jedi Erica Amidala Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 1999
  25. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Heheh, thanks you guys!! AstroGO, Qui-Gon will save him eventually, don't worry! Awwww, Lunetta!! I feel so special!! (Although your comment about Gimpy Torture being fun...?!? I'm not posting 'cause of it! Actually, I'm gonna wait for some more comments from people first. I can't lose all my readers now!) And Erica, a true Jedi is not impatient!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.