main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"A Figment of the Imagination" - JA fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jedi_master_gimpy, Apr 15, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldSkippy

OldSkippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2000
    In the old days, torturers used to be quite happy with the results obtained by using truth serum. And it was quick...goodness knows, the king has had more than enough time to move!
    This logic in no way reduces my enjoyment of your excellent story...but if I was Obi-Wan I'd be putting in for better pay/quarters/dancing girls at the end of each fic! He is the most abused fanfic character I've ever come across, even more tortured than poor Tom Paris who must've heaved a huge sigh of relief when TPM was released

2. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Oooh, looks like Obi-Wan is in for a long stretch at the Healers to get those microscopic barbs out of his skin before they fester, the ones that broke off and embedded themselves in his back, I mean. And all of us here at theforce.net know how much Obi-Wan hates the Healers...

[This message has been edited by Jane Jinn (edited 04-27-2000).]

3. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Heheheheh, LOL OldSkippy and Jane Jinn!! Yep, Obi-Wan should ask for a better contract!! And Jane Jinn, I thought Obi-Wan liked the healers!!

4. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Sorry Peeps, I know I'm being Sithly but I'm not posting more until I get a few more comments! tongue.gif

5. Latara

Latara Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2000
    I'll help.
    Poor Obi needs some rescuing.

POOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

6. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    jedi_master_gimpy the Dark Side is very strong in you!!!

Please post, I love this story!!!! My poor Obi needs to be rescued!!!!

7. Maelisaandii

Maelisaandii Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    A dark figure emerges from the Land of Lurk. She raises her head. Can this be so? Obi-Wan back in his cell? Ah, the devilry of it all! The anger swells in her now.

"Post," she mutters darkly, not needing to explain her thoughts further. Waving her cattle prod in Master Gimpy's general direction, she goes off to find Qui-Gon to prod him into rescuing his poor Paddlewam.

((ok ok, so I've been spending too much time on RPGs))

8. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    Help Obi-Wan Kenobi, jedi master gimpy, you're his only hope!
    POST!

9. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    All right, Jedi Master Gimpy, I hope this will convince you to post:
    More more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more!
    And if that doesn't work, I'll have to resort to an 'alternative means of persuasion', just as soon as I think of something good.

10. Katri Tai

Katri Tai Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2000
    Awwwwww NO more story yet..

11. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Please, please, please, please, pleeeeaase!

12. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Okay, I'm sorry. I was going to post more earlier but then I had to go to work all afternoon and things just didn't quite work out. I'm sorry!! But, well, here's more!! (Thanks Bastet, that helped! )
    =====================================
    =====================================

Qui-Gon forced himself to remain seated as Reimon Nark explained the situation. The loyalist leader told the arrayed advisors and senators how they had discovered Trin Morc?s headquarters in northern Murel. ?We?ve targeted the easiest way in. We can be ready to move tonight.?

King Pankei nodded. ?Good. How many people can you assemble??

Nark paused thoughtfully. ?A hundred possibly. It depends how much support we can work up down here this afternoon.?

Qui-Gon stood to comment and suddenly doubled over in pain, his hands covering his head in an attempt to keep the assault out. Tears poured down his cheeks as he rocked himself back and forth on the ground. Obi-Wan?s pain poured over him through their open Force-bond. The receding echoes of pain Qui-Gon could barely imagine radiated like a shock wave to him, its explosive center the Padawan?s trembling body.

It took all of the self-control Qui-Gon had to overcome the pain he felt as if his own and block off the bond. He lay on the floor a few moments, allowing the tears to dry on his face and the clenched muscles on his body to relax.

King Pankei and Reimon Nark knelt beside him. ?Master Jinn, what happened??

?Obi-Wan.? Qui-Gon slowly sat up and drew in a shuddering breath. ?They?re torturing Obi-Wan.?

King Pankei gave Nark a hard look. ?Gather as many people as you can. We?re attacking tonight.?

Qui-Gon?s features hardened. And may the Force help Morc when I get to him.

13. Sat'zi

Sat'zi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2000
    Woohoo!
    Someone's gonna get it (sing-song voice)

14. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Hooray! It's Qui-Gon to the rescue!!! Morc had better run while he still can!
    I'm glad my begging helped convince you to post more of this awesome story, thank you thank you thank you!!

15. Maelisaandii

Maelisaandii Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    "Thattaboy, Qui-Gon," says the darkish figure happily, giving the Jedi Master another poke with the cattle prod. "Now, go GET 'IM!!!"

16. Sith Vegeta

Sith Vegeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 1999
    Uh, you can't stop there, you know that, right? You can't leave us hanging like that!!! It's just not fair!! PLEASE post more jedi-master-gimpy!!! please please please please please please please please please please!!!!

17. OldSkippy

OldSkippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2000
    Yes! Finally ... Qui-torture!
    :dancing with joy:
    <cough> I mean: hope that raid is successful and that the good guys all make it out without another scratch.
    Yep, I mean that..yes indeed..<nods>

18. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Qui-Gon to the rescue! <sighs in relief>

<gasps for breath> WHAT HAPPENS NOW! POST SOON... please?

19. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Heheheh, thanks people!! Here's the next part!
    =========================================
    =========================================

Obi-Wan tried to make his body stop its convulsing. He lay on his back, looking up at the ceiling of his cell. His body twitched spasmodically, every movement sending waves of pain washing over him that threatened to send him into the spiraling darkness of unconsciousness. He wished it would. Blood still trickled through the numerous cuts and welts on his back and turned the mattress on his cot a bold crimson.

Obi-Wan wondered how much longer he could take this. His body was slowly shutting down, and he doubted he could withstand another session. A cough wracked his body and the teenager painfully rolled onto his side and spitted up blood onto the floor. He couldn?t take anymore.

The Force was gone again. He had lost consciousness about three or four hours into the torture and woken up in his cell, the Force once again out of touch. Obi-Wan fell back onto the cot, his whole body on fire. He wished Morc would just hurry up and kill him. Anything would be better than this.

The door clanked open. Obi-Wan lay where he was, not even attempting to stand. The guards each grabbed an arm and hauled him to his feet. They dragged him to Morc?s office and dumped him in a chair. Obi-Wan had to use all his strength and control not to slide to the floor. Morc sat across from him in his desk. ?I?ll give you one more chance to tell me where the king is.? He patted the blaster on his desk. ?After that, no more Obi-Wan Kenobi.?

Obi-Wan merely looked at him. This time there would be no waking up.

20. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Excellent descriptions. I can really feel what Obi-Wan is going through, and sense his growing apathy.

All right, Qui-Gon, swoop down and scoop him up!

21. Ejedir

Ejedir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2000
    Hello Gimpy. This is so awesome! I thought that since you took the time to read a 'new kid's' story, that I'd return the favor. Keep it up
    Ejedir

22. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    "What cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills.
    It comes first, and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter."--The Hobbit

The answer is DARK--and that is what I will turn to without more posts!

:mad"No posts leads to frustration, frustration leads fear, fear leads to anger, anger leads to the Darkside! mad.gif

JediCandy

23. Sat'zi

Sat'zi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2000
    Qui-Gon better pick up the pace here!
    I'm addicted to both your stories jedi_master_gimpy!
    Awesome job!

24. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Heheh, thank you so much for all you replies everyone. It's nice to know that there are people still interested in this since it seems like there are a lot fewer readers now. Oh, well. Here's the next post for all you loyal fans!
    ==============================
    ==============================

Qui-Gon looked at Reimon Nark and nodded his head in affirmation. The loyalist nodded and waved his men forward. The dark streets of north Murel were fairly empty in the cool night air. The group of twenty or so glided across the street and hid in the shadows of the massive building. Just around the corner was an entrance, guarded by a group of soldiers in the familiar purple Freedon costume. Identical loyalist groups were moving into place around the building, preparing to attack on Nark?s signal.

The leader peeked around the corner and raised his arm, swinging it down in the signal for everyone to attack. At the same time Nark spoke into his comlink, ordering the rest of the groups to attack. Qui-Gon stayed back, his Jedi vows not allowing him to help the loyalists in their fight.

He watched the struggle, saw Nark stop to help a wounded comrade and noticed a guard aim his blaster at the loyalist leader?s head. Qui-Gon felt his eyes narrow at the memory of Obi-Wan chained between the two wooden posts in Turnem square. He stepped forward, his lightsaber swinging down to deflect the ruby bolt back into the soldier who had fired it. He might not be able to fight for them, but that didn?t mean he couldn?t protect them. Nark turned and saluted to the Jedi in gratitude.

?We?re heading for to the top,? he said as they hurried into the building. ?Morc?s office.?

Qui-Gon reached out through the Force, sensed a faint, flickering presence. ?Obi-Wan is up there as well.? They broke into a run.

25. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Tapping foot anxiously

I hope Qui-Gon hurry's it up a bit, for his padwan's sake.

Fear not jedi_master_gimpy there are not fewer readers. We're all lurking here waiting for more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.